Sydney S.
Volvo XC90
06/25/2018 Category: Service
Sydney said they were kind and polite. The staff gave his wife a ride to and from the business. He was surprised they charged him $136 to give him a quote for a service that he wasn't there for. He actually received 2 different quotes, for 2 different things. One, he did not ask for. He stated he didn't think they needed to take apart the exhaust system to find the noise, and he was thinking he won't ever use the place again. It was really expensive. He said maybe this visit was just a fluke.
Steve H. from The Panacea Automotive Repair responded on 06/25/2018

We are sorry you feel like you didn't get your moneys worth. It should be noted that your noise was isolated to the exhaust manifold area which is coved by heat shields that would need to be removed in order to isolate exactly where it was coming from. Even gettng to the point where we could isolate it as far as we did required removal of the upper body brace, lifting of the vehicle and two techs (one to get noise to occur and the other to listen with a shethoscope). The estimate you were given was based on what we expected to find when shields were removed and was a worst case scenario. This was explained to the person that picked up the vehicle. As far as the estimate you didn't ask for, we consider our duty to let people know of issues we observe while inspecting their vehicle to avoid future more expensive repairs. I apologize if you did not want to know about these things.

Steve Hazel
The Panacea Automotive Repair

MA
Mike A.
Subaru Impreza Sedan
07/09/2020
Fast, friendly and reliable service everytime
These guys have been around for ever and have always been reliable and trustworthy mechanics. I'd recommend this place to anyone.

GC
George C.
06/29/2020
“Head Scratcher”
This was a real puzzle, but Steve and crew thought outside the box to come up with a unique solution. Always a pleasure dealing with these guys.

LC
Leslie C.
Acura 3.2TL
06/25/2020 Category: Service
Leslie said they communicated well, honest and quick.

Jackson P.
Ferndale, WA
Toyota T100
06/20/2020 Category: Service
Jackson said that everything was good from the service to the price.

RP
Randy P.
06/19/2020
Excellent service!!
Our experience with Panacea has been nothing short of outstanding! The quality of workmanship in our experience is the best in the business. From great customer service, to reasonable prices, our cars are in and out promptly, and in great running order time and time again.

Christy H.
Washington
06/15/2020 Category: Service
Christy said this business came in under budget and time. Her vehicle runs great and she appreciated how they were so good with communicating.

Tony M.
Lexus ES 330
06/11/2020
Brakes
Listens to your concerns and reassures you when their is no problem.

PC
Paul C.
Nissan Pathfinder
06/10/2020
Honest to a fault
Panacea gave me a quote for needed service (about $1000). When I picked up my car, Steve explained that the work, which required more extensive labor than usual, actually did not take as long as they had expected. So they deducted the unused time from their original estimate, which reduced my bill by $150! Of course I was happy about that, but I was more shocked that they would even do that. I would not have expected any other mechanic to have done the same, and I would have been none the wiser if they hadn't. Thank you very much, Steve/Panacea, for your honesty/integrity! (I'll add that this isn't the first time they've done something like this for me.)

Acura MDX
06/06/2020
A most
Highly responsible and reliable.owner. Excellent mechanics. Excellent customer service. Service always performed in a timely manner.

DK
Derek K.
Subaru Legacy (Natl)
06/05/2020 Category: Service
Derek said the service was the best, fixed everything that needed fixed and had good communication.

CR
Carol R.
05/31/2020
Best shop in town!
I've been in and around auto repair shops for 45yrs. I've gone thru several here in Whatcom County over the past 30yrs, looking for one that focuses on diagnosis instead of parts replacement. Big shops, small shops, dealerships - after the first few visits, I would realize they were not what I was looking for...
until last year.
These guys were within walking distance, so I thought I would give them a try. I checked out their website, they SOUNDED good, but the proof is in the pudding, right?
This is my 3rd experience with Evan and Steve at The Panacea, and I am more impressed with each visit.
Oh BTW, I'm a +60yo woman, they always treat me as a peer. So if you're looking for skilled, honest and reasonably priced service and repairs w/o the BS, this should be your go-to shop.

Carol R.

Jennifer B.
05/30/2020 Category: Service
Jennifer said the staff provided an excellent service, the communication was great and they called within the hour to update her of the status of the service.

Amanda S.
05/29/2020
Honesty... Compassion... Professionalism
We have never been happier with anyone else. Your staff is friendly and knowledgeable. They broke everything down and explained it for us. We will keep coming back here for the life of our Subaru and again when we upgrade to a newer vehicle.

Chris S.
Volkswagen Jetta Sedan
05/27/2020
Always impressed
Once again Panacea hits the mark. They never fail to impress with their professionalism.