Deming, WA
Chevrolet Chevy Express
09/19/2020
Concerns about Leaving Vehicle Overnight
We have brought our van in 3 times now for an oil change, leaving it in the lot outside the night before. The first time I picked up afterward, it seemed like my gas tank had less gas in it than when I dropped it off, but I wasn't sure, it was just a hunch. The second time we dropped it off and picked up, I noticed the same and told my husband I thought someone was syphoning gas from the tank. The third time, I actually made a mark on the gage so see if it happened again, and it did...someone syphoned about 5 gallons. We understand you have a sign saying that you're not responsible for theft in the lot, but it seems that you do indeed have a theft problem and should put up cameras and signs telling thieves that they are on video to discourage this activity. We may be able to drop off and pick up our van in the same day from now on and not leave it in the lot...but if not, we'll have to take our van somewhere else for service where we're not worried about this. Thought you should know as this could damage your business in the long run...I'm sure we're not the only ones to have had this happen.

Sydney S.
Volvo XC90
06/25/2018 Category: Service
Sydney said they were kind and polite. The staff gave his wife a ride to and from the business. He was surprised they charged him $136 to give him a quote for a service that he wasn't there for. He actually received 2 different quotes, for 2 different things. One, he did not ask for. He stated he didn't think they needed to take apart the exhaust system to find the noise, and he was thinking he won't ever use the place again. It was really expensive. He said maybe this visit was just a fluke.
Steve H. from The Panacea Automotive Repair responded on 06/25/2018

We are sorry you feel like you didn't get your moneys worth. It should be noted that your noise was isolated to the exhaust manifold area which is coved by heat shields that would need to be removed in order to isolate exactly where it was coming from. Even gettng to the point where we could isolate it as far as we did required removal of the upper body brace, lifting of the vehicle and two techs (one to get noise to occur and the other to listen with a shethoscope). The estimate you were given was based on what we expected to find when shields were removed and was a worst case scenario. This was explained to the person that picked up the vehicle. As far as the estimate you didn't ask for, we consider our duty to let people know of issues we observe while inspecting their vehicle to avoid future more expensive repairs. I apologize if you did not want to know about these things.

Steve Hazel
The Panacea Automotive Repair

GS
Glen S.
07/22/2021
Great service, personable & friendly, good work
Top of line in caring for your car and exceptional at doing right by the customer. I have taken all of my vehicles and my family's vehicles here for years!!

LK
Lisa K.
Chrysler Pacifica
07/21/2021
Consistent
I've only used Panacea 3 times but every time they have consistently: explained the problem with clarity before starting, including the cost and any other options that may save a little money. 2. That stay in touch! That's a big deal. 3. They tell me when it will be done and they're NEVER late.
Service is meticulous and they're generally nice folks. Glad I took chance on them.
L.K

LV
Liberty V.
07/13/2021
Quality Service
Always Knowledgeable, Always to the point, never selling unnecessary service.

Acura MDX
07/09/2021
Excellent, reliable mechanics. Excellent service.
They go out of their way to solve my automotive problems.

David B.
Chevrolet TrailBlazer
07/01/2021
Excellent as always
This was just an oil change. Still a good value, and I knew it would be done right.
The tougher jobs come here too.

Mike G.
06/30/2021
Can always count on great service at reasonable prices.
Steve and his crew are reliable and do great work. Cost is always on target with repair estimates. Contact you if they find anything unexpected before going ahead with any repair.

Rhys M.
06/30/2021
Honest!
Steve was very honest, and knowledgeable. I will definitely be back if I have car troubles in the future!

John H.
06/19/2021
Always Excellent
Just the most recent time that Steve and his crew were able to diagnose an issue and fix the problem at a reasonable price. Same day, too.

RT
Rose T.
06/19/2021 Category: Service
Rose said that she has been going there so many years she can't remember exactly how many. What she appreciates most is Steve's response to her request. She said to think about servicing his grandmother's vehicle while servicing hers. Steve did keep her updated throughout the process. He explained everything going on with her vehicle. Steve is very conscientious and has a great staff.

ND
Norm D.
Honda Accord Crosstour
06/14/2021
Maintenance
We had our car serviced today. Steve was able to squeeze us in on short notice. He changed the oil, a couple of filters and a burned out brake light. He checked the brakes and called to see if we wanted to fix a couple of things that he found prior to doing the work. I thought the bill was reasonable. He is honest and conscientious.

Matt W.
06/13/2021
Great job every time.
I took my truck to the team at Panacea and they were able to diagnose the problem and have it fixed the same day. They even took the time to show me the defective part and why it caused the issue in the first place. They are fast, professional, and always do great work. I highly recommend them!

ZS
Zach S.
Lynden, WA
06/11/2021
Amazing as always!
Moved out of the area but I still
being my truck into Steve and his crew. My truck has 120,000 but got it back feeling like a new truck. Years back he didn't charge me a fee for diagnosing an issue the dealer refused to acknowledge. Several of
my friends drive nearly an hour for their vehicles to get worked on by Steve. Honest and amazing at his craft.

SR
Steve R.
Hyundai Santa Fe
06/10/2021
Trustworthy service at a reasonable price
Steve has helped diagnose and solve some pesky problems, including a transmission issue that the manufacturer said could only be fixed by replacing the transmission. Steve found a different path that saved thousands and has completely eliminated the issue.