Overall Rating 1.0/5rating 1.0rating 1.0rating 1.0rating 1.0

BRITTANY B.
11/09/2018
Was told I had expensive repairs when I did not
I have always had a good experience at Perry, which is why this last time I was so disappointed. I took my van in this week for a clunking noise when I stepped on my brakes. I received a call saying that my control arm and front axle were broken, (not sure how I could drive with a broken front axle...?) and that it would be a $1600 fix. I took the vehicle to another mechanic who has lower service fees and told him the issue. He called me later that day saying the control arm and axle were fine, and that the bolts just needed to be tightened on my control arm. I was charged $54 for the service...needless to say, this shocked and concerned me. I have always been under the impression that Perry Automotive is a Christian company and has high standards of integrity, which is why this concerns me so much. I am sad to say I no longer trust Perry and will not be using your services any longer.
Ryan C. from Perry Automotive responded on 11/09/2018

Hi Brittany,

We always appriciate your feedback, we wouldn't be able to better ourselves if we didn't receive it.  Part of being a Christian company and having integrity is doing the right thing and fixing the problem. Control arms don't come loose unless it is time for them to be replaced, for us to simple tighten a control arm and send you on your way to come back once it loosens again is a safety risk. As for your axle being "broken," we apologize for the misunderstanding and let us be more clear. The axle boot is sligning grease on the right side, which means the axle boot is "broken" and should be replaced as a safety risk. Everytime you tdriving you will be sligning grease from that boot. The repair for the control arm requires the engine to be removed and replaced which is why the cost was so high. Your words were "you could find someone cheaper," which we can respect. To be Christian is to love and respect everyone like Jesus. We wish you the best and pray you have a blessed day.

ROBERT S.
Kia Sportage
05/26/2018
Mechanics are a joke don't think they know what they're doing
Well they was rude and told me I needed back brakes when I just had back brakes put on john Perry really needs to look into the elkhart store as a woman I didn't feel right in there ..
Ryan C. from Perry Automotive responded on 05/26/2018

Thank you for your feedback. Could you provide a little more information on who you talked to and what made you uncomfortable as a woman in this store? This will better assist us in making sure this doesn’t happen again. All of our technicians are ASE certified, but this does not mean they are not human. With the number of vehicles we see in a day there are times mistakes and/or miscommunication can happen. If this was a recent event we hope to rectify it and move forward if you are willing. Thank you

JEFF P.
05/24/2018
Satisfied customer again
After hearing of my frustration revolving around my service experience last week, I was contacted by Management and things were corrected making me again a happy customer. So I will continue my relationship with Perry again.

05/24/2018
Very disappointed as a long time customer
I have been a customer for nearly 10 years with Perry and have referred many customers to you. My last visit will likely be my last, I called in Wednesday night and scheduled an oil change (full synthetic) and a problem with one of my coils and a misfire going on. Imagine my surprise when I got a call in the afternoon telling me that my car was going to need $1400 worth of repairs, which didn't include the coil repair. I was upgraded to a "Gold" oil filter without being consulted or asked and I was given a litany of problems with my car, none of which I asked to be diagnosed.

In the end I picked up my car and was charged $145 for the oil change and a diagnostic charge, a charge that didn't even diagnose with coil was bad on my car, but they were able to diagnose the additional $1400 of problems with my car. I'm wondering why I had to pay a $79 diagnostic charge when the problem I called about was not even diagnosed....Hmmmmmm
John P., President from Perry Automotive responded on 05/25/2018

per your discussion with Mark i am going to send a re review ok...  it appears that communication on our part may have effected the end result and for our human mistake i am sorry.

John Perry
Owner/President
574-252-7272

SE
Steve E.
Scion xA
05/05/2016 Category: Service
Steve said the owner doesn't know what he's talking about. He told him one thing over the phone and another when he picked up his vehicle.

Corey B.
04/02/2016 Category: Service
Corey said he took his vehicle into this business for an alignment and they told him he needed new ball joints, but wanted to charge him $1000 to replace them when he can get the parts for $75. He said he thinks this facility is a joke and would not recommend them due to the reasons stated previously.

Rob W.
Cadillac STS
02/02/2016 Category: Service
Rob said his vehicle was supposed to be finished on Friday morning but they did nit finished it until the end of that day. There was grease left inside the interior floor and grease fingerprints on the doors. The cover to the spare tire was pulled back and there were items out of place. Nothing was clean nor put back. There was no communication from them and he questions rather the repairs were done correctly.

GT
greg t.
Granger, IN
12/10/2015
Leaking Oil After an oil change, Greg Towler
I noticed after you changed my oil, that I had a large oil leak in my garage. I let you know and you asked to bring it back in. You said the oil plug had been a little bit loose and you had to fix the problem so I thought you were right and I left . A week later I noticed that it was still leaking . I also found a bunch of Decon in my air filter from a critter storing up for the winter and no one had let me know about it on the supposed inspection. Since your guys couldn't fix the oil leak And hadn't even checked the air filter, I have chosen to never come back to your facility ever again. I took it to another mechanic and he found that the oil filter was loose. It doesn't leak anymore. Again, something your mechanic had 2 opportunities to do and didn't. If quality and integrity really is part of your company as you say, then you need to clean house. It was unbelievable to me and it cost me $30 to fix your mistake. #disappointed

BN
barb n.
09/07/2015
problem not resolved
i gave 1 star only because you were extremely friendly and got me in right away. The spring that I was told was missing and the reason my car was making the noise it was did not stop the noise.
Also you charged a $20 diagnostic fee and the mechanic came in "after" he replaced the spring and said his guy that checked the car neglected to tell him the problem with the front brakes. What?? I thought that was what the $20 was for?? To check the brakes. Then I was quoted almost $700 to replace my front brakes which is unheard of. I have someone else who can look at my brakes. I won't be back though. I don't know if I was being taken advantage of because I relayed my husband was (still is) in the hospital so maybe you thought I was vulnerable or because I am a woman. Either way a friend said he'd replace them at only the charge for the parts (if they even really NEED to be replaced

Joe C.
07/06/2015 Category: Service
Joe said he is upset with this business because he has not had good luck with them. He said he felt like this business lied to him because they changed their prices on him and all three of his vehicles. They told him they would fix his vehicles and they did not because they kept changing prices on him. He would not recommend them to others because of the reasons mentioned.
John P. from Perry Automotive responded on 07/08/2015

Mr Cantor,

I am sorry you feel this way. Your vehicle was brought in to CAP OFF an rear ac unit which is something out of the ordinary and takes special fittings to do. As a courtesy to help save you money we agreed to cap off the rear unit and thought we had found the right fittings to make that happen. Unfortunatley the fittings we thought were right were not and the correct ones needed to be ordered. There was a slight difference in price but if I remember correctly you were more upset with it taking an additional day. We really tried to do the right thing for you and feel Perry Automotive did everything possible to help you get your problem resolved.

ryan c.
GMC Cab & Chassis
04/30/2015
Was lied to
These folks claimed that I needed new suspension parts after I had just had it all replaced. Once I brought this to their attention, they claimed there were other things wrong. I couldn't just go in for a simple job like I wanted. Ridiculous
John P. from Perry Automotive responded on 05/01/2015

We at Perry Automotive truly appologize for your experience. It is not our philosiphy or intention to lie to anyone and in this case we observed some front end issues that concerned us. We did make this right with you and give you free front end parts and labor to try and make your experience better.

Brenda S.
04/08/2015
joke
my car in for oil change there was a major confusion over what type of oil my car should have me being a girl really was unsure and was relying on them to tell me so after the oil change made some phone calls to the dealership to find out that yes the wrong oil was put in. the service manager from Perry called and explain the confusion. then later that evening John parry himself called me and his temper was totally out of control I had to hang up the phone on him. I had been going there for years and I can promise I will not be back I can honestly say I have no idea why the owner would call yelling at me when clearly the mistake was their fault. and knowing all this why would you send me an email wanting my feedback you really think I'm going to give your company good feedback after everything you put me through
John P. from Perry Automotive responded on 04/09/2015

Brenda,

I am sorry for the confusion and would like to state that we did make it right and drained and refilled your car at no charge.In no way was your vehicle jeopardized and the oil that was put into your vehicle was a 35/65 synthetic / conventional mix and your car required at least a 50/50 synthetic mix. Your car required a DEXOS rated oil and yes there was confusion but as a company we feel we made it right and have made the proper changes so this does not happen again. We appreciate your business and hope to regain it again in the future.

Sincerely