4.6

Overall Rating 3.4814841/5Overall Rating 3.4814841/5Overall Rating 3.4814841/5rating 3.4814841rating 3.4814841
Overall Rating 2.4444474/5Overall Rating 2.4444474/5rating 2.4444474rating 2.4444474rating 2.4444474

Continue reading recommended reviews

WS
William S.
2015 Hyundai Genesis
12/10/2019 Category: Service
worst service I have ever experienced has been from Phil Long dealerships.
Had a legion of problems with my 2015 Hyundai Genisis. 5 battery replacements total replacement of steering column , info -tainment Head and control Screen, power seat motors and rear window defroster unit. so under bid on trade in by used car sales manager who should be fired. He bid $12,000 trade value. Kelly blue book is 21,200. which is what I received on my new Acura RDX. have a nice life Hyundai and Phil Long dealers...

Joann G.
2018 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport

2011 Hyundai Santa Fe
08/01/2019 Category: Service
GPS Assistance Falls Short
I was told my car's GPS could be updated for free by using the URL from my home computer. Not true! It will cost my ~$150.00. Clerks need to be educated on this. They did tell me the URL was a better option though because for them to upgrade my GPS in the shop, it would be a diagnostic expense plus labor. I think that is ridiculous. I bought the GPS along with the car...it should be upgraded for only the cost of the labor involved. Why charge for a diagnostic fee when there is nothing to diagnose?

James W.
2017 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport
07/09/2019 Category: Service
Correction of Problem
They were very helpful in taking care of the problem. Third time the crew has failed to do the oil change and clean up of mess correctly in past 5 years.

07/09/2019 Category: Service
Disappointed in Service
I told the supervisor that the mechanic had failed to clean the oil spillage two previous times yet the mechanic repeated the same problem a third time which caused an oil leak on my garage floor after returning home. The design of the pan cover must be changed to eliminate the problem.
ERNIE L. from Phil Long Hyundai of Chapel Hills responded on 07/10/2019

I want to make sure all your concerns are addressed.
If I can help in any way please email me so I can address and correct your concerns.

06/25/2019 Category: Service
Disapointed
Very disappointed
ERNIE L. from Phil Long Hyundai of Chapel Hills responded on 06/27/2019

Thank you for the on line review. I am very sorry about your experience on this visit. i will get with travis on what we did wrong for your service visit.

2011 Hyundai Veracruz

ERNIE L. from Phil Long Hyundai of Chapel Hills responded on 08/16/2018

Candler, NC
07/30/2018 Category: Service
Too busy?
I was on vacation in Colorado Springs and Wednesday my engine light came on. I was planning to leave town on Friday. Originally, I was told that none of the three Phil Long Hyundai dealerships would help me until the following week. The diagnostic found an issue that was covered under warranty. After calling Hyundai Customer Care and filing a claim and speaking to Roadside Assistance, the Chapel Hills location agreed to fix my car that same day. It was a traumatic experience to spend hours trying to figure out how I was going to get a warranted repair done on my car, how I was going to get home and still try to enjoy vacation. I was grateful for the Customer Care number to call and that they set up a claim number. Glad my hometown Hyundai dealership is much more accommodating.
ERNIE L. from Phil Long Hyundai of Chapel Hills responded on 07/31/2018

I want to make sure all your concerns are addressed. I am so glad we found away to push out our customers and get you in and back on the road. We try our best but sometimes we fall short on customer needs. againg i am truly sorry about the visit to colorado springs.

EV
Ernest V.
06/27/2018 Category: Service
Disaapointed
Buying Phil Long Hyundai at Chapel Hills was disappointing. There was a flaw in the passenger side mirror which the sales manager was going to replace but when it came down to my trade in I challenged the amount. They gave me more for my trade told me they wouldn’t replace the mirror. This was a “ jerk” move and I should have walked away but I didn’t. Lesson learned. Also, there was a really strong chemical smell which I brought up and was told that was from the detailing of the car and would go away in a couple days. That smell is gone but now there is a marijuana smell I am trying to get rid of. I don’t smoke by the way. It appears they were masking the smell just to make the sale. My fault for signing on the dotted line but beware of the trickery and deceit...

Janet G.
04/17/2018 Category: Service
As a dealership, clean, efficient, pleasant to deal with
Been coming here for years. The service is only an issue related to a transmission recall problem that Hyundai is not addressing. Not a dealership level problem.
ERNIE L. from Phil Long Hyundai of Chapel Hills responded on 05/16/2018