GK
GEORGE K.
01/16/2020
Always puts safety first and works towards total customer satisfaction.
Not one to comment on surveys but was compelled to do so with this company.
The experience in the past with other service centers pales in comparison to the services I received from preferred tire and auto.
Thanks guys.

RENEE S.
RI
GMC Terrain
01/13/2020
I’ve been a customer of Preferred Auto for many years and I’ve always found them to be efficient, and there really comfortable working on all types of cars and trucks. I could never ever think about taking my cars anywhere but Preferred. They have great customer service also.

KENNY B.
Mercedes-Benz GL-Class
01/08/2020
KENNY BLACK
I wouldnt bring my Benz anywhere but Prefered Auto.
I've done a lot of business with Dean.
His prices are fair and reasonable, he stands behind his work and keeps his word.
Never had a problem

CURTIS H.
North Easton, MA
Volkswagen Golf
01/08/2020
Very fair, honest and good service
The service is awesome I like how they save the old parts they replace so you can see what actually went wrong Or failed.

ROBERT C.
Quincy, MA
Subaru Crosstrek
01/07/2020
Been here for years. Dean is great and staff professional.
I'm in Quincy and I bring my cars to Weymouth (Preferred Automotive). I've had friends from Woburn see Dean when the dealers gave them the runaround. A South African friend drove his daughters Crosstrek to Boston from Halifax. He had an issue and wanted a trusted mechanic and I sent them here. They all wish Preferred was closer. You feel like a person not a number.

JIM L.
Buick Regal TourX
01/06/2020
Preferred Auto best in Weymouth
Excellent mechanics and friendly service

TP
TERI P.
Nissan Rogue
12/30/2019
Dean and his team alway do a great job on all our families cars. I highly recommend them.

Jessica T.
Cadillac Escalade
12/29/2019
Very helpful
I usually never write a review but this auto shop deserves one. On Christmas Eve I was on my way to Maine when when my car began to shake. I pulled off of the nearest exit and found the closest shop to pull into. They happened to be busy but the staff was kind and offered to help in any way they could. It turns out that one of my rear brakes was stuck and they explained the cost, which was very fair, and proceeded to fix it for me. I was grateful for the good service and we were still able to make it to our family’s home in time for the party. I live 30 minutes away but I will definitely go back there when I need anything for my car because they were very helpful.

DA
DAN A.
Nissan Pathfinder
12/27/2019
Preventive Maintenance visit
The Shop was fast and efficient while I waited for my service. It only took 1 hour as a waiter. They turned up the heat in the waiting area for comfort as it was a cold day. Very friendly staff.

EC
ERIN C.
Mercury Mariner
12/26/2019
Dean is the best!
After my car was towed to his shop after my Mass air filter system was toast, and he fixed it up within a an hour or two after dropping it off!! Everytime I have a problem I go right to him, no one else compares- he’s proven time and time again of his amazing skills! my car runs so much better now and I can’t thank him and his team for a speedy fix! ?

SZ
STEVE Z.
Holbrook, MA
Ford Police Interceptor
12/14/2019
Making changes to get it done
Called Saturday morning asking if I could receive a oil change that day. The answer was a yes. They worked late on a Saturday to get it done.

Mercury Mariner
12/14/2019
Preferred always performs above my expectations
I Couldn’t ask for a better repair shop. Preferred always takes the best care of all my and my families vehicles

BD
BOBBY D.
Toyota Sequoia
Preferred Review
Straight forward honest service, Dean is a real “car guy” knows what he’s talking about. The only reason I didn’t have the repairs done is because it wasn’t cost effective, my vehicle was too old any other shop would’ve done the job just for the money, that’s being honest, Go to Prefferred.

12/13/2019
Don't get auto body work done by this company
My car was hit by my father in my parents driveway. My parents have been a long time customer of Preferred Automotive. My mom did not want the accident on her insurance so I agreed to go to her auto body/mechanic to have the repairs done and she would just pay out of pocket. That was the WORST decision made. When I woke up that day I was informed my mirror had been hit. I went to look at the damage and there was much more than damage than just the mirror. From the mirror to the front bumper was damaged. My mom had already called and wanted to go talk to the owner Dean Carlton about fixing the damage. I agreed to this. We talked about on the driver's side of the car replacing the side mirror, replacing the headlight because it was cracked underneath, replacing the dented piece above the wheel, buffing out the scratches and painting the front bumper, replacing the rim if he could fine one cheaply because that was scratched up, check and make sure the seal on the tire was ok, fix the dent (gouge) on the driver's side door and paint Dean called it feathering. And verify that there was no internal mechanical damage and that it was just cosmetic.

What was done was the front bumper was painted and repaired along with the dent (gouge) on the door, However, the side mirror has a gap and is not flush against the car. It shakes when the car is in motion and is extremely difficult to use. They drove the car 23 miles while it was in their possession. What is that all about? They left a screw in the arm rest on the door. I don't feel safe having spare parts just lying around. Also the speaker cover that you have to remove to access replacing the side mirror was not put back correctly and crooked. To get to all the screws out the inside panel of the door needs to be removed and now the arm rest on the door keeps popping out of place. Also Dean tried to blame some scratches on the rear bumper on my father and there were no scratches on the rear bumper before giving the car to him to repair. When I asked about the headlight being replaced he said that it was going to cost my mom another $200. They did buff the headlights but I could have done that. They also were able to replace the rim which looks much better than the old one.

I am extremely dissatisfied with the quality of the repair. I had another accident in late June where I was parked in a friends driveway and her father backed into my rear door on the same side of the car. Going to Car Craft in Braintree the service and repair was amazing. At Preferred Automotive they didn't even wash the car when it was done and it looked like someone took their fingers and made squiggly line all over it guessing from the dust of when they sanded down to paint the car. I take pride in keeping my car in very good condition and this was an extremely disappointing experience.

BA
BRIAN A.
Hanson, MA
Ford Edge
12/12/2019
Great place
Very honest and reliable place