Riley & Sons Collision & Mechanical Specialists

John Y. on 09/13/2017
"Recent issues with battery light makes me sad!!!"
After 3 full days issues are not resolved. I am out $140 and have been told twice everything OK only to drive home and light coming on either when coasting through a turn or while driving down highway. Light always goes off either when shutting down engine or after several minutes. Mostly half minute or so but on some stretches 4-5 minutes. Light came on last night as I drove fro Riley & again on way and back from Lapel schools. If this is not repairable I woul like my money back or a credit?
Vehicle: Ford Freestar Wagon
Service Date: 09/12/2017
Review Created: 09/13/2017 07:48 AM
Dave D. at Riley & Sons Collision & Mechanical Specialists responded on 09/18/2017

John,

I want to apologize for your inconvenience on your resent visit. I am glad you allowed me to make this up to you to really dig in at our expense to try to pinpoint the issue that you have with your PCM. I really do apologize for your issues and I am glad that my guys were able to find out the true issues. We really appriciate your business.

Thanks,

Chris

Robin H. on 03/31/2017
Robin said she had this business replace a starter for her since she could not get to it. She is not happy with the price she was charged for the repair. A starter for that vehicle should cost $70. This business charged her $192 for the starter and that was way too much. It does not take that long to install a starter. She watched the video and it only takes 3 minutes. They overcharged her for the oil pan gasket. She ended up paying close to $500 for a starter.
Vehicle: Pontiac G6
Category: Service
Service Date: 03/27/2017
Review Created: 03/31/2017
David D. at Riley & Sons Collision & Mechanical Specialists responded on 04/04/2017

Robin: I am very sorry that you were not please.  I did review your file and I was glad to find that our service writer did communicate the price to you before the repairs were started and that you did approve the repair.  Please know if you ever have questions about pricing we can provide other options.  If the service writer would have known that you were looking for a lower price we could have priced you a USED part instead of a new one.  However, in most cases with starters a used option is not recommended.  Also, I assure you that it takes way more than 3 minutes to install a started on your vehicle.  I also saw that your total bill covered not only the started but the repair of an oil/trans leak.  It is always our goal that every customer leaves satisfied, when that does not happen we take it very seriously.

Ron D. on 02/22/2016
Verified badge inactive Verified
"Very average and mediocre"
Had my 3 month old vehicle repaired at the New Castle location, while it was in the process of transitioning from Smiley's Body shop to Riley and Sons. The first repair was a joke...blotchy paint, overspray etc. I can't believe they actually gave the car back to me. They repainted everything they touched, it was better but still just an average job. Still mottled and inconsistent. Unfortunately I just have to accept it now, because the shop seems to not have the ability to improve or understand what the problem is with the paint process.
Service Date: 10/26/2015
Review Created: 02/22/2016 06:31 AM
David D. at Riley & Sons Collision & Mechanical Specialists responded on 02/26/2016

Ron, I am sorry that the repairs were not to your satisfaction. I have left you two messages in an effort to resolve any issues, but have been unable to reach you.  I know your vehicle was originally repaired under the other ownership; however, Riley & Sons as the new owner is more than glad to try to resolve your concerns.  Please feel free to contact me at my office at 765-649-4902 or you can email me at gm@rileyandsons.com.  It is our goal that our customers leave 100% satisfied. I hope you allow me the opportunity to address these items.  Dave Driggers Co-Owner