Riley & Sons Collision & Mechanical Specialists

Robin H.
Lagro, IN
Pontiac G6
03/31/2017 Category: Service
Robin said she had this business replace a starter for her since she could not get to it. She is not happy with the price she was charged for the repair. A starter for that vehicle should cost $70. This business charged her $192 for the starter and that was way too much. It does not take that long to install a starter. She watched the video and it only takes 3 minutes. They overcharged her for the oil pan gasket. She ended up paying close to $500 for a starter.
David D. from Riley & Sons Collision & Mechanical Specialists responded on 04/04/2017

Robin: I am very sorry that you were not please.  I did review your file and I was glad to find that our service writer did communicate the price to you before the repairs were started and that you did approve the repair.  Please know if you ever have questions about pricing we can provide other options.  If the service writer would have known that you were looking for a lower price we could have priced you a USED part instead of a new one.  However, in most cases with starters a used option is not recommended.  Also, I assure you that it takes way more than 3 minutes to install a started on your vehicle.  I also saw that your total bill covered not only the started but the repair of an oil/trans leak.  It is always our goal that every customer leaves satisfied, when that does not happen we take it very seriously.

PD
Peggy D.
Pontiac Montana SV6
03/15/2017 Category: Service
Spoke with Peggy's husband. He said he is very upset at the fact that he was given a price and after the work it was a lot more. They said they forgot to add something. He spoke with the manager and he is still upset. He will not recommend this facility because that was not fair.
David D. from Riley & Sons Collision & Mechanical Specialists responded on 03/20/2017

I am very sorry that you were not satisfied.  I know my staff had quoted you around $42 for a synthetic oil change, and when your husband came in he added a tire rotation.  The addition cost was for the tire rotation that he added on.  I was glad to see that my that my customer service rep gave an additional $10 off when your concern was voiced.  It is always goal that our customer leave 100% satisfied.

RD
Ron D.
New Castle, IN
02/22/2016
Very average and mediocre
Had my 3 month old vehicle repaired at the New Castle location, while it was in the process of transitioning from Smiley's Body shop to Riley and Sons. The first repair was a joke...blotchy paint, overspray etc. I can't believe they actually gave the car back to me. They repainted everything they touched, it was better but still just an average job. Still mottled and inconsistent. Unfortunately I just have to accept it now, because the shop seems to not have the ability to improve or understand what the problem is with the paint process.
David D. from Riley & Sons Collision & Mechanical Specialists responded on 02/26/2016

Ron, I am sorry that the repairs were not to your satisfaction. I have left you two messages in an effort to resolve any issues, but have been unable to reach you.  I know your vehicle was originally repaired under the other ownership; however, Riley & Sons as the new owner is more than glad to try to resolve your concerns.  Please feel free to contact me at my office at 765-649-4902 or you can email me at gm@rileyandsons.com.  It is our goal that our customers leave 100% satisfied. I hope you allow me the opportunity to address these items.  Dave Driggers Co-Owner

Jason B.
Yorktown, IN
09/13/2013 Category: Service
Jason said the service visit took an hour and a half. He said he had to ask the receptionist to check on his vehicle to make sure there was nothing wrong. He waited 15 more minutes for his vehicle to be brought out to him. He would not recommend this business based on this experience.
David D. from Riley & Sons Collision & Mechanical Specialists responded on 09/21/2013

Jason: We apologize for your extended wait when you were at our facility. Unfortunately the day you were here we were running a little behind schedule. It is always our goal to deliver Gold Class service, and when we fail to do so we try to make it right. Even though you were not charge for the services you received that day we are also willing to give you your next oil change at a 50% discount. I hope that this small token will indicate to you, that when we do make a mistake, or fail to meet the customer’s expectation, we do whatever we can to make it right.

MA
Michelle A.
Markleville, IN
Saturn SC2
05/18/2013
Not that good
they couldn't figure out problem, when the issue was very obvious.
David D. from Riley & Sons Collision & Mechanical Specialists responded on 05/22/2013
Ms. Michelle A, We apologize we were not able to duplicate the rough running condition that you sometimes experience. Our technician put approximately 72 miles in the test driving of your vehicle with out a performance failure or even tripping any engine lights or codes. Intermitted problems can be very frustrating for the customer as well as for the technician trying to diagnose the problem. I hope you could agree that it was in your best interest that we did not make any recommendations to have any parts replaced or repaired since nothing has proven faulty at this time. As you were previously informed, please stop by any time if the vehicle problem reoccurs so we can observe your concern. I assure you, we will help in any way possible, and I hope that we have proven that with having not charge for any of the time we have already spent on your vehicle. Thank you for your feedback, and the opportunity to help resolve your concerns; we look forward to addressing any future needs you may have.

TN
Tony N.
Pendleton, IN
07/29/2020
Bender bender with our Traverse
Their service was very professional, took all safety measures with COVID. I thought it was a very reasonable amount of time before Our vehicle was done and we were told to come pick it up. We were very satisfied with The work. If we ever need their service again we would not hesitate.😊

Linda M.
Greenfield, IN
01/21/2019
Best choice for quality of repairs & customer service in Greenfield, IN
This review is to thank all the employees at Riley & Sons Auto Repair in Greenfield, IN for their superb repair services in an efficient & timely manner for my mother. We were continually impressed with their communication of services provided and the caring customer service, in what can be a crisis for most...and especially Seniors like my mother. They met every standard of service we expected and exceeded our expectations.
We highly recommend them for the quality of the overall outcome in repairs and their commitment to providing a friendly, caring & community based service.
Thank You!

JJ
Judith J.
Mazda CX-5
11/03/2018 Category: Service
Judith said the employees completed the work they promised. They provided reasonable service. The work was really good.

Danny D.
Indiana
GMC Pickup
09/24/2018 Category: Service
Danny said the business was open and honest, and went above and beyond in service.

Clint S.
Buick Enclave
07/21/2018 Category: Service
Spoke with Shelly. She said the staff were honest and did good work.

Corie S.
Alexandria, IN
07/19/2018
Customer service & body work
The service was great and work done to my 2014 Chevy Impala was amazing! Couldn’t of asked for better work!

NJ
Nick J.
Pendleton, IN
Chevrolet Cobalt
06/21/2018 Category: Service
Nick said the staff are always quick to respond to his needs and always at a minimal cost, which he really appreciates.

BP
Breanna P.
Indiana
Jeep Liberty
06/15/2018 Category: Service
Breanna said the business did a good job.

WF
Wayne F.
Markleville, IN
05/23/2018 Category: Service
Wayne said the facility is the best around.

John R.
05/12/2018 Category: Service
John said the staff are good people and they did a great job.