Overall Rating 4.44/5Overall Rating 4.44/5Overall Rating 4.44/5Overall Rating 4.44/5rating 4.44

Overall Rating 4.2156865/5Overall Rating 4.2156865/5Overall Rating 4.2156865/5Overall Rating 4.2156865/5rating 4.2156865
Overall Rating 2.19608/5Overall Rating 2.19608/5rating 2.19608rating 2.19608rating 2.19608

Joel M.
2012 Hyundai Santa Fe
06/12/2019 Category: Service
THEY LOST MY KEY!!
When I went to pick up my vehicle, they could not find my key. I had to wait 45 minutes and none of the staff members would speak to me about it. They just kept pointing the finger at a technician "who lost it."
JERRY E., Service Manager from Sacramento Hyundai responded on 06/13/2019

Joel,

Thank you for our feedback about your visit. I just left you a message and I believe that you spoke with Dominic as well. Once again I am very sorry that this happened. Fortunately we did actually lose the keys to your vehicle, they were in the car locked in the technicians service bay for the weekend and not where they should have been when the car was completed. This is not an excuse, it is just what happened. I am sorry you had to feel this issue upon arrival to pick up the car. I will be putting a free oil change on the books for you if you would like to give us another chance to make this up to you. Thanks you.

Jerry Eastman
(916)427-1234

2013 Hyundai Elantra Co
06/05/2019 Category: Service
Elantra
I still don't buy it

06/05/2019 Category: Service
Elantra
Service advisor was not very helpful
JERRY E., Service Manager from Sacramento Hyundai responded on 06/10/2019

Thank you for filling out our service review. We are always trying to improve our customer service so we really appreciate the feedback. I am sorry that you had a poor experience here at our dealership. Unfortunately we had no way to know that when changing our your wheel bearing that we would find that the hub was damaged as well. We understand that this was not a planned  expense. I did look back in our records and saw that we tried to locate an after market part to lessen the cost but none of our suppliers had a listing for that part as being available. Thank you again for the feedback.

Jerry Eastman
(916)427-1234

06/02/2019 Category: Service
Diagnose the Problem Before Applying a Fix
I've taken my previous cars in for service to other places before siting an issue, but because they couldn't duplicate the issue, they didn't want to charge me for unnecessary work. In this particular instance, the service dept applied a fix based on what my husband thought the problem was without actually driving the car and diagnosing the problem. And then after doing the work, no one test-drove the car to see if that solved it.

Raymond S.
05/23/2019 Category: Service
20K service
Formulated (robotic) service, without any motivation to improve your quality of service.

Jesse A.
2014 Hyundai Elantra Co
05/13/2019 Category: Service
Poor service
Bad

CD
Catherine D.
05/01/2019 Category: Service
Service Department
Service department has really gone downhill. Have been a customer for over 2 years and after this last visit will be looking for another dealership to take my car to. From the beginning, having to wait 20 minutes to be checked in, to waiting over 2 hours for an oil change, to having to walk across the used car lot to find my car, to waiting at the end to have the oil reminder reset was a total disappointment!

KK
Kathleen K.
West Sacramento, CA
03/12/2019 Category: Service
LONG WAIT FOR NOTHING
After waiting FIVE hours for my car, they told me they could not find the reason for the CHECK ENGINE light to be on. He said to read the report on the service form. I h ad a LOT of waiting when I went in the office to speak to my technician (avoidance on his part was obvious). When I read the service report, it stated that I REFUSED to leave my vehicle there, so they could not complete the inspection. I did NOT refuse! I said "why don't I leave it here overnight so you can complete it?" I'm mad, I waited five hours and paid $60 for an oil and lube job. Plus I got my tire alarms turned off for the first time since I purchased the vehicle. Yes, they were on when I went home on the day I bought it. NOT impressed with your service or service dept staff.

EB
Ernest B.
2014 Hyundai Sonata Hyb
03/02/2019 Category: Service
Re-think purchasing an extended warranty
My vehicle is approaching 100,000 miles limit where the extended warranty will expire. I expressed concerns the the rear upholstery had started to separate itself after only 4 years-3 months into my ownership. When I purchased the warranty my question to the salesman was the coverage was in fact “bumper to bumper”. I was told yes. I found out from the service department that the coverage was only for mechanical “problems”. I found the explanation unacceptable. One would think a car company like Hyundai wouldn’t want to have a fairly new model vehicle exhibit such poor craftsmanship. The quality is less than I would expect and should not be accepted by the dealership nor the car maker. Needless to say, I’ll get my Sonata Hybrid repaired and will seek a replacement as soon as possible. Unfortunately, the automaker will not be Hyundai.

2012 Hyundai Genesis
02/14/2019 Category: Service
Unexceptionable fix
will not buy another Hyundai car.
STEPHEN C., Service Manager from Sacramento Hyundai responded on 02/15/2019

Thank you for responding to our survey. I understand your frustration with the fault in your car. I apologize for any inconcenience this may have caused. I believe it's important for you to know that Hyundai North America sent and engineer from the factory to inspect your car. The faults that were present had not previously been seen in any other car, nationwide. Your concern was very, very unique.
Replacement of the Engine Control Module is not that uncommon but is generally a last resort. In your particular case, there were multiple tests performed, all required by the factory, before the ECM would be released to us. Ultimately it was the proper repair for your vehicle.
Again, I apologize for the inconvenience and hope that you will consider Sacramento Hyundai for your service needs in the future. If you should happen to have any questions, please contact me anytime.

Herald, CA
12/10/2018 Category: Service
They try to help but seem very inefficient in how they run the service department and their front office
The ladies who answer the phone seem uninterested in who you are when you call there. They don't say "thank you" they just place you on hold when they are connecting you to service department. They also can't seem to tell you anything about what is going on in the dealership. If they were my employees I would give them some more training on customer service appreciation.
STEPHEN C., Service Manager from Sacramento Hyundai responded on 12/11/2018

Thank for an excellent conversation this morning. I'm glad to have had an opportunity to discuss things with you.
I'm also very happy to hear Hyundai will be assisting in the repair of your sunroof assembly.
We truly appreciate youer business and it is never our intent to prolong a repair or inconvenience you in any way.
Thank you for your patience and understanding, Irving will be in touch soon to schedule the repair.

2017 Hyundai Veloster
11/20/2018 Category: Service
Surprisingly Unhappy
Unacceptably unprofessiona.
STEPHEN C., Service Manager from Sacramento Hyundai responded on 11/23/2018

Thank you for a great chat today. I'm sure you will be satisfied with your next visit, please feel free to stop by office at any time.

2012 Hyundai Elantra
10/22/2018 Category: Service
Needs improvement
This location needs better options and more training in rental car options while a repair is taking longer then expected.
STEPHEN C., Service Manager from Sacramento Hyundai responded on 10/23/2018

Thank you for chatting with me today Eric, I'm glad we were able to come up with a solution for your next visit. Please don't hesitate to contact me if you should have any questions.
Thank you for choosing Sacramento Hyundai.

2018 Hyundai Elantra Gt
09/28/2018 Category: Service
Warn down facility, 3 hour visit
The dealership is a dated facility, customer lounge was ill cared for. Couches and chairs ripped, and it took a total of 3.5 hours from the time I dropped my car off with an appointment until it was completed for a routine maintenance check. No updates throughout the service and was told it would only take 1.5 hours max
STEPHEN C., Service Manager from Sacramento Hyundai responded on 09/29/2018

Thank you for taking time to respond to our survey. Your feedback is appreciated.
We are well aware of the condition of our lounge area and we are in the process of confirming updates to the furnishings.
As for the wait time, that is absolutely unacceptable. I would appreciate an opportunity to discuss this with you. I have left you a message and I hope that you will return my call.

RT
Rebecca T.
09/18/2018 Category: Service
once warranty if over they find the problem and want to charge you
Pretty sad is all I can say. wants to charge even when you turned the car in at warranty, and they couldn't find anything, but once the warranty is over, they find it and want to charge you, when you pick up the care there is something else wrong with the car. Coincidence I think not!!!!!!!!!
STEPHEN C., Service Manager from Sacramento Hyundai responded on 09/20/2018

Hello Rebecca, it's unfortunate you feel this way. We spent a great deal of time attempting to diagnose your starting issue. We even contacted Hyundai for technical assistance. The concern was not occurring while we had the vehicle, there were also no fault codes stored in any of the systems on your vehicle. You were only charged for a small portion of the time my technician spent working on your car.
As for your door lock concern, I researched the history on your vehicle and Sacramento Hyundai has never been asked to diagnose that concern for you. Could it be that you had that looked at by another dealership?
Even so, we determined the cause and requested a Goodwill repair from Hyundai and they declined to assist. Possibly because that component was only covered to 60K miles from Hyundai and your extended warranty had expired also.
My technicians performed a very thorough inspection of your vehicle and found numerous bulbs not functioning. When your vehicle was brought back the tail lights were working but the low beam headlamps were not. The bulbs were burned out and required replacement. The tail lights, however, may have an electrical issue that requires diagnosis.
You are correct to think this is not a coincidence, you have an intermittent electrical concern that needs to be addressed.
Unfortunately this happens to vehicles sometimes, especially when they get over 100K miles. It's not uncommon to have to make few repairs.
Our number one job is to inform you of the items that need to be addressed to keep your vehicle safe and reliable. I feel we have we have done that.
I hope that you will continue to choose Sacramento Hyundai for your service needs, we appreciate your business.

08/03/2018 Category: Service
bad communication
Although the service technician called me the day after I picked up my car and apologized for the bad communication I still really don’t want to take my car back here even though this is the only Hyundai place near me. I’d rather drive all the way out to Roseville to get my car looked at. I felt like I had no idea I was going to get to work or get home because I kept getting put off for my car and one of the cashiers was rude over the phone, and they really need to either go to training or just get new cashiers.
STEPHEN C., Service Manager from Sacramento Hyundai responded on 08/06/2018

I'm very sorry to have interrupted you at work, i would like to discuss this visit with you.
I've read your comments and have some questions I'd like to ask you before I decide what path to take.
I look forward to your call.

04/10/2018 Category: Service
Not satisfied
Poor communication, facility in dire need of updating.
STEPHEN C., Service Manager from Sacramento Hyundai responded on 04/11/2018

Thank you for taking the time to speak with me today. I will be in contact with you concerning soon.

CR
Carole R.
West Sacramento, CA
03/31/2018 Category: Service
COMMUNICATION
Customer - Dealer communication
STEPHEN C., Service Manager from Sacramento Hyundai responded on 04/02/2018

There is obviously a misunderstanding concerning your recent visit. I will investigate this situation and reach out to you shortly.
You are also more than welcome to contact me if you wish.

Kamel S.
2016 Hyundai Elantra Gt
03/28/2018 Category: Service
Not good
Not happy
STEPHEN C., Service Manager from Sacramento Hyundai responded on 03/30/2018

I'm sorry our service did not meet your expectations. Estimating repair times is always difficult. We do our best to shorten your wait time but some repairs are very time consuming. If you would like to discuss this further please feel free to contact me at any time.

2015 Hyundai Genesis
03/28/2018 Category: Service
Slow service
Slow service and poor communication
STEPHEN C., Service Manager from Sacramento Hyundai responded on 03/28/2018

Thank you for taking the time to respond to our survey. I have read your comments and would like to speak to you concerning the operation of your steering assist. I would also like an opportunity for my Shop Foreman to inspect the system operation. Please contact me at your earliest convenience.

STEPHEN C., Service Manager from Sacramento Hyundai responded on 04/02/2018

Thank you for coming by today, it was a pleasure to meet you.
I'm glad we were able to clear up this issue. Please feel free to stop by office anytime.

2016 Hyundai Genesis Co
03/14/2018 Category: Service
Hire more staff
Invest in some additional staff and improve check-in process. If you have an appointment it just shouldn't take so long to check-in.
STEPHEN C., Service Manager from Sacramento Hyundai responded on 03/16/2018

I'm very sorey to hear we did not meet your expectations. I would like an opportunity to discuss this situation with you further. Please feel free to contact me if you wish.

STEPHEN C., Service Manager from Sacramento Hyundai responded on 03/26/2018

Thank you for a very informative conversation, I appreciate you taking the time to chat with me today. As mentioned, we are working to improve our process and address the items you identified.
It is our goal to exceed your expectations at all times and I hope when you return you'll notice the improvements.