4.5

Overall Rating 4.023811/5Overall Rating 4.023811/5Overall Rating 4.023811/5Overall Rating 4.023811/5rating 4.023811
Overall Rating 1.7619048/5rating 1.7619048rating 1.7619048rating 1.7619048rating 1.7619048

Marilynn B.
12/06/2019 Category: Service
Friendly and professional
The maintenance department does a great job

2019 Hyundai Tucson
08/05/2019 Category: Service
Repairs done improperly
Took my car to get repaired after being rear ended. The damage was not fixed sufficiently and I’m currently awaiting a call to schedule my vehicle to have to repaired correctly. The bumper was not finished correctly and they totally missed the rear bumper appliqué, the liftgate still has damage in several places, there is overspray on the rear tail light and glass, and the rear camera was not positioned properly. Not a single aspect of the repair was satisfactory.

Teneshia S.
12/25/2018 Category: Service
Teneshia S
Hyundai is a good place.

2015 Hyundai Genesis
05/02/2018 Category: Service
...

Bryan M.
Annandale, VA
2013 Hyundai Genesis
02/25/2018 Category: Service
Friendly service and nice waiting area
Sanford Hyundai offered very friendly service manager and the workers were pleasant to deal with. The waiting area was large and comfortable, easy to read a book whilst waiting.

2013 Hyundai Santa Fe S
02/01/2018 Category: Service
Communication is key
Came in at my appt time at 9:30am for regular maintenance/oil change and a state inspection. I had my 2 year old twins with me so we went to the kid zone which was pretty decent. I agreed to the 159 service package. About an hour later, Peter came over to let me know some things that needed to be fix. He did prioritize it and worked to help me out as best he could. I talked with my husband who said he could take care of most things on the list, so i went in and let Peter know I just wanted the service package. He said that was fine. He did let me know there were some things under warranty that needed to be taken care of, but would have to order the parts for the following week. Despite the fact that I spent THREE HOURS getting my oil changed, and NOT getting the inspection done, it was an ok experience since I'm a pleasent and laid back person and have well behaved toddlers.

I called Monday morning to see if the parts were there and I could come in. At that point they had no record of parts bwing ordered. She said she would call me back with more information. 1 hour later I called back with no answer in the service center. I got a call back an hour after that that they had my parts and it was ready. My twins needed their nap, so I asked if I could come in between 2-3pm. They said this was fine. I arrives at three on the dot, with my twins. I told Sandra that I was there for more maintenance and the state inspection I didn't get before. She tagged my car and left without saying much to me, so we went to the kid zone. It was an HOUR before someone came in to check in with me, and was a quick "they're working on your car, it should be ready soon." This whole thing was supposed to take an hour so when ANOTHER HOUR went by, I was starting yo get annoyed. Especially when Sandra walked by and said "they just started working on your car, it should be 45 minutes to an hour." When I said from now as I had already been there two hours, she said the state inspections rook awhile when their guys left and they had to take the cars to another dealership. Now, if they had communicated this with me, I could have said "no worries, i have time tomorrow, let me get it then when it isn't as busy." But no, they did not give me that option, so i was looking at at least another hour. 20 minutes after that Peter came to tell me that therr had been "hiccups" and they needed another part that hadn't gotten there yet. He said it should be fixed soon. 20 minutes after that (5:40) Peter comes back and says it's not going well anf they want ti set me up with a rental...THREE HOURS LATER! My twins and I haven't eaten dinner and it is almost their bed time, and now they set me up with a rental. Fine, I'll take it. We finally get home at 6:30, and I realize my house keys are in my car keys and we have to go back. I retrieved the keys from Sandra who said it looked like it would be done that night and I should be able to pick it up in the morning. Great.

The next morning my teins had a dentist appt at 9. Perfect, I can do that, then get the car as that's an hour after they open. I called around then and they said it should be ready in about 30/45 minutes and needed to be "test drove and washed." Too much time to just wait there, not enough to go home, so we hung around town. I get there at 10:45, 15 minutes after the max they said it would be done and i even gave them another 15 minutes before I called. What did I get? It should be ready by 11:30. Are you kidding me?! If I had known that, I would have gone home with the rental!!! I went in, voiced my displeasure and waited, again, in the kid zone. Finally, after my husband has called to speak with management, at 11:45, they bring my car up to me and say they'll email the paperwork. Best part, my car wasnt washed!!!! Communication people!!! I shouldn't have had to spend 8 hours over three days in a dealership!

Joshua M.
Stafford, VA
10/25/2017 Category: Service
Fantastic sales department, average service department (thus far)
When I purchased my car from Safford Hyundai of Springfield on June 9th, it was a fantastic experience. The sales and finance staff were accommodating, professional, and very polite. I managed to get in and out quickly (relatively speaking for a dealership) with exactly what I asked for.

Unfortunately, neither of my service appointments thus far have hit the same bar. The staff (at least the individuals that deal with customers), have all been very approachable, polite, and professional. But the actual service leaves at least something to be desired.

For my first visit, I brought my wife's Tucson in for new brakes. The average when I've had service departments do this in the past have usually been between 2 and 3 hours. No big deal, I can wait for that. This visit took 7. More than double the longest appointment I have ever had at any service department. The issue stemmed from not having additional rotor stock on hand, despite making an appointment a week-in-advance (it was no secret I was bringing this vehicle in, and exactly what model/year it was). The damaged one of the rotors during installation, and shy a replacement, they had to acquire another one. Other than the delay (that killed a full workday and shot all of my plans) the actual workmanship was spot-on. With the time it took, I was greeted by multiple service representatives, including the service manager. I was told they were going to do "whatever they could" to reduce the cost of the service due to the delay. When I got the bill, it was almost exactly the original figure they quoted when I brought it in. It didn't matter, I was just happy to be leaving.

For my latest service, it was just an oil change for my brand-new, purchased in June 2017 Sonata Sport. They told me the first service is free, which is understandably greatly appreciated. I asked if they could top off my wiper fluid. The service rep dismissed my request and replied, "they top off all fluids for every service as part of the complimentary multi-point inspection." Well, the wiper fluid was never topped off... and if it's true this is done as part of the multi-point inspection every time, then that means they didn't do the inspection at all - despite it showing up on my bill as having been completed (though nothing was noted, it just stated that if there was a problem, I was informed about it despite never being approached about the results).

I asked them to try to buff out a rub spot that occurred when a piece of cardboard slammed into the side of my car on the interstate two weeks after purchase. She told me they usually charge for this kind of thing, but she would see what she can do. They buffed it out, looks like new, no issues there.

They also offer a complimentary car wash post-service which is nice - and my wife's car was done very well. Unfortunately, it was a terrible car wash for my car. I had a large collection of filth on both the hood and the trunk. The sides looked great though. I took it home and washed it myself.

Finally, the recommended service interval for my car, with the level of usage is supposed to be 7k miles. I confirmed this figure multiple times with the sales and finance reps upon purchase. The service department, however, adjusted my mileage until the next service by just 5k. There was no discussion/explanation of the discrepancy.

All-in-all, nothing catastrophic as these problems happen at every service department (time delays, lack of parts, skipping out on requested service items). I can say, however, that while nothing has been catastrophically bad, I haven't had a great service experience yet either. I've only been here twice, and left both times at least somewhat disappointed.

I am really hoping the next review I write is nothing but praise. I wouldn't push people away from this location, but there is currently no reason to recommend the service department either. So while I'm marking it "no, I would not recommend to a friend," it's only because the appropriate response is not available.

Marinela R.
10/15/2017 Category: Service
Great
Excelente servicio

KW
Kristol W.
09/16/2017 Category: Service
felt like a jiffy lube experience
Normally I would recommend to a friend but this time it was handled very carelessly my cap was not put back on the back of the light they had to redo an oil change for a engine problem and did not put my synthetic blend back in that I had it was very disturbing.

Margaret S.
2015 Hyundai Elantra
06/15/2017 Category: Service
Fast, professional service
I would recommend Safford to all my friends and co-workers

DO
Doug O.
Fredericksburg, VA
06/12/2017 Category: Service
Service personnel were excellent but work created new issue
Service personnel were excellent but work created new issue - things do happen so I am hopeful when i bring it back in they will resolve once and for all :)

OA
Onyinye A.
2014 Hyundai Tucson
05/23/2017 Category: Service
Disappointed....may not return
Service was scheduled for emission, inspection, recall and faulty trunk closure. I advised rep i had a coupon for free inspection and he said just make sure its printed and presented at checkout. After check in i was sublet to next door dealership for emission and inspection, told that parts were not avilable for recal and trunk service. Honestly i felt that the parts were there but they were overbooked and wanted to take income generating customers since recall is at no cost. To add to this, at check out the unexpired coupon from website was bot accepted. I was advised that it had to be presented at checking although the coupin did not indicate that nor did the rep advise. I let the rep know that typically coupons are presented at check out and they should have noted if a different process was required.

I was highly disappointed with the. Customer service and the fact that most of the work i came in for was not completed and i was sublet to another dealer.

Being new to the DMV i was hoping to have found a new home to service my car but due to the poor customer service and apparent lack of resources i may not retuen to Safford Hyundai.

I may just be one customer that u dont care about but keep in mind that you are a new site and you need to treat customers well and be ready and equipped to provide service in order to sustain your business.

Lyndell B.
2013 Hyundai Genesis
02/06/2017 Category: Service
Very responsive to service request

AE
Afi E.
11/11/2016
So far, not impressed.
This is my third time visiting this dealership for service on my 2015 Hyundai Sonata. The first time was for a routine oil change. They tried to sell me a new battery and, after some back and forth (including one exchange where the service manager said he had called me on the wrong ticket), they ended up replacing the battery on warranty (at least, that's what I was told). The second time I stopped in to replace the battery in my electronic keys. The service manager showed me how he could tell which key had the low battery, took the key in the back and came back to say "I replaced the battery. This one is on us. If you continue to get the low key battery notice, you may need to bring the car in to have the electronic system checked". Well, the low key battery message never went away and I figured I'd address it during my next service visit. The last time I was there was for an oil change (and yes, rotating tires is additional) and to address the key battery. They always try to up-sell. The service manager came to me three times to talk about additional service. This stressed me out especially as it appeared nothing that he was trying to sell me was necessary just then. I did approve tire alignment and I am still not sure how I could have mistaken $125 (the actual cost) for $25. The service manager also told me that a software update was performed on my vehicle "at no charge" - this service was not on my receipt. And oh by the way, remember my key with the "it's on us" battery? The battery was replaced in both keys ($6/piece) and, this time, my low battery key went away. I just want to bring my car in for service and trust that the work was done and done well, without feeling any up-sell pressure. I could not recommend this dealership just yet, at least not for service.

PM
Pamela M.
10/01/2016 Category: Service
Customer Support
I received good customer support and thorough detail service to my car

James G.
2010 Hyundai Santa Fe
09/25/2016 Category: Service
Honest dealer
The problem that I had come to the deal to resolve seemed to be resolved either by the campaign outstanding or did not repeat itself after the campaign...they spent 2 days trying to get the issue to replicate but could not...always kept me informed...thanks

Stephanie M.
2012 Hyundai Elantra
06/13/2016 Category: Service
The people
Great place, great service

2007 Hyundai Santa Fe
06/09/2016 Category: Service
Great Warranty Service
A relatively minor power train item on my Santa Fe failed at 9.5 years; inexpensive part, but expensive labor to repair. Joey Mollica coordinated the warranty repair and provided a free inspection.

Suzanne M.
06/02/2016
Impressed with service manager Peter
I am very impressed with Peter the service manager. after a rocky start in my relationship with Safford Hyundai, Peter called the very next day to discuss my appointment. He listened and made me feel truly as if he valued me as a customer. I will return

Brett S.
2007 Hyundai Sonata
05/28/2016 Category: Service
Good Service
The positive, customer-oriented attitude of staff was great. I felt that my business was appreciated.