John C.
Coraopolis, PA
06/10/2020
200 bucks for a radiator cap
My car was overheating. It was low on coolant and I knew it needed serviced right away. While the service was prompt (they were able to get my car in that morning), I was charged over $200 for them to replace my radiator cap. Why not just refill the coolant, replace the cap and be done with it. Why run $175 worth of tests when a $20 part fixed the problem?
Charles S., Owner from Schneiders Auto Repair and Radiator responded on 06/11/2020

John, I'm sorry that you are upset about this. Trust me on this. Without a thorough investigation of the reasons why your car was boiling over and all the instrument panel lights illuminating, we would not have found the bad radiator cap. Also, the radiator cap is one of the most over looked components in the cooling system to the point that a lot of other shops would have been selling you things like coolant flushes, thermostats, etc. I'm glad we had the diagnostic capabilities and experience to not do that. For your knowledge the testing took about an hour of shop time, along with the use of a $4000 scan tool which needs updated annually at the cost of $1200. If you have any questions you are more than welcome to give me a call.

AJ
Antoinette J.
Pittsburgh, PA
Oldsmobile Eighty-Eight
03/12/2016 Category: Service
Spoke with Steve He said he was not completely satisfied with the experience. He could have saved more money by going elsewhere.
Charles S., Owner from Schneiders Auto Repair and Radiator responded on 03/16/2016

Hello Steve, Sorry if there was a misunderstanding of any kind. I do remember quoting you a price for the scan up front and discussing the possiblity that it may need further diagnosis. You are welcome to come back and have us complete the electrical diagnosis if you wish. Thanks, Chuck.

Dave B.
Pittsburgh, PA
Mercedes-Benz CLK55
08/07/2015 Category: Service
Dave said he was disappointed the coupon he had for the service was not accepted during the visit. He likes to know the name of the after market parts used on the vehicle and the person who helped during this visit would only tell him where the parts came from. The timeline for the service to be completed was iffy. His visits usually are better when he works with Chuck.
Charles S., Owner from Schneiders Auto Repair and Radiator responded on 08/10/2015

I called Dave and worked things out over the phone. He said he would be glad to rate us again.