Bill H.
Lake Tapawingo, MO
Chevrolet S-10
02/14/2019
Quick Service when needed
My pickup was rear-ended and the heavy damage to the bumper and tailgate was clear. But I was concerned about damage to the frame or drive train before dealing with the insurance co. They were very help in checking it and even offered suggests about dealing with the insurance co.

NM
Nate M.
06/12/2018 Category: Service
Nate said the business quoted him $2,100 for an air conditioning repair. He took it to a GM dealership and they charged him only half of the price. He would not recommend the business because of their high prices.

TO
Tiffiny O.
11/29/2017 Category: Service
Tiffiny said this business was not very helpful. The staff did not have an answer as to what was wrong with the vehicle.
Scott S. from Scott's Auto Express, llc responded on 12/05/2017

Tiffany, I'm not sure how much more helpfull we can be about informing you on what was wrong with your car. You admittedly said you were involved in an accident about 1 year ago and did not bother at that time to get your car looked at or fixed. Once we saw what was going on with the car there was no way it could have been aligned with out other parts that would make it to drive straight and not wear out your tires.
Unfortunately for you it was not a straight forward alignment. It was way beyond the manufacturers specifications. If you would have fixed your car with our recomendations there would have been no problems with the way the car drives.
Therfore we do not believe that we should have gotten such a low evaluation.
Service Advisor-Blane

AD
Anthony D.
Chevrolet TrailBlazer
01/19/2016 Category: Service
Anthony said he was very dissatisfied with the business. His vehicle has been to them several times for the same problem. His check engine light came on and his cylinders keep misfiring one by one. He has spent $700 on the service one visit and it was still not fixed. Dewayne, a mechanic there told him the parts he needed were very hard to get and the cost was $180. He was personally referred to look up the service and do it himself. When he did the research to do the service he found out the part he needed was $50 and he could order it online from Amazon. He is not happy that the business was untruthful and did not tell him the accurate prices. His overall experience was bad and he may not be returning to them for service.
Scott S. from Scott's Auto Express, llc responded on 01/21/2016

We are truly sorry that Anthony is dissatisfied with our company. Let me explain some things that are not stated correctly from Anthony. His vehicle has been here twice, not several. Yes on his first visit the check engine light was on and the engine was running poorly. Our diagnosis revealed a bad ignition coil on cylinder #1 which would require a new coil. This vehicle has 6 coils-1 for each spark plug- in which at the time of testing only 1 was bad. During our conversation it was brought to our attention that to the best of his recolection that the spark plugs had not been changed in 138000 miles. He was given a quote for plug replacement, the 1 bad coil, and spark plug boots that go on the bottom of each coil. He agreed and paid the bill which was not the amount he stated. 16 days later his check engine light came on again and the engine was running poorly. Again testing was done and another 1 of the coils had gone bad at which time he agreed to replace. 3 days later he left a message on the answering machine stating that the vehicle was running poorly again. I returned the call and was told that he could find everything cheaper and that it was easy for him to replace a coil and expressed his displeasure. I asked him to see the vehicle again to verify our work and that possibley we were sold a defective part. He declined. I did my research on Amazon and yes there were coils there of very low quality for $50.00 but as a business of high standard and quality we would never sell such an inferior part plus the fact of not being able to warranty it. As a business, I don't know of any other business that can keep the doors open competing with Amazon or sell inferior parts. We wish that he would have given us the opportunity to look at the vehicle again to see if indeed it was a part we installed that failed or a totally different problem. Just as a side note: A check engine light and poor driveability can be caused by so many different types of computer controlled devices on these newer vehicles.

Michael C.
02/23/2015
Bait and Switch
I heard this was an honest mechanic so I took my car in for a safety inspection and error code 21 airbag to be corrected. I specifically showed him the flash code error I was given, incorrect torque of module and ground wire not attached properly. I told him a friend did not torque it correctly and I needed the module torque correctly, but after they said it was torqued correctly they said the airbag light was still flashing. They did not reset the system after asking. All they needed to do was take off both battery terminals so the back up would power down. to make the long story short. I paid $70 for nothing. They told me they would need to charge this fee to diagnose the problem, but I had already given them the flash code and told them what needed to be done. This was a typical bait and switch.
Scott S. from Scott's Auto Express, llc responded on 02/24/2015

Mike you did hear right-This is an honest repair shop. I'm not sure you understand how the automotive repair industry works. You have a problem, we diagnose, give you an estimate, and you either decline or ok the work. When you came in you basically told me what you wanted me to do, and that a buddy had replaced your heater core and after that the light came on, at that time I explained that code could be almost anything and suggested that we properly diagnose the code-You said no and wanted us to check the torque. We did check the torque but we could not figure why your buddy would have removed the code 21 safeing sensor because it is under a metal panel by your left foot and there would have been no need for removal to do a heater core which is located on the opposite side of the car.
I explained our diagnostic procedure again which you agreed to. We found that there is a ground wire that is not getting siganl to the safeing sensor and that your buddy may have accidently pinched our cut the wire. The wire goes from the far right of the car over were the heater core is and to the far left of the car were the safeing sensor is. Once we told you the possible expense you could incure for tracing this wire or multiple wires, you declined for us to go any further.
Yes the removal of the battery cables will reset the light but I promise you it will come back on and it did not fix anything.
You did pay for something which was our knowledge and expertise on what was needed to make the proper repair.
Sorry your upset but every proffessional shop operates in this fashion. In the future it would be best to believe in and listen to someone who has over 20 some years of experience in our industry.
Blane Robertson - Service Advisor

Jackie G.
10/10/2014
horrible
My boyfriend took my car here on OCT 1 2014 to get a diagnostic test because it was running rough Scott told my boyfriend that it would be 62.65 my boyfriend let me know I agreed to pay after reading the codes Scott told my boyfriend and also called to let me know the injector 1 was bad it needed a coolant flush and and a rod ..I took it to another shop to get another opinion to find out I had a bad heater core and a blown head gasket I called to let Scott know my car was diagnosed incorrectly and I wanted my money back only to find out Scott was out of the country the gentleman in charge said he would give me a full refund in a check he did just that ...Nobody gives your money back free willing unless they know they are wrong I will never ever go here again the worst experience ever if you don't want wrong information don't go here I read the all so great reviews and had my boyfriend take my car the worst mistake ever!!!!
Scott S. from Scott's Auto Express, llc responded on 10/14/2014

Believe me after being yelled at by this lady on 3 seperate occassions on the same day, it was no problem refunding her money. She would not let me talk and explain our side of the diagnostic process. Anything I tried to explain, her comment was that I could not be right because the other shop had to be right, all the while she is screaming into the phone. I gladly refunded her money because simply this is not the kind of client that we want to have. About once a year you will get someone that has no concept of what you are trying to tell them and there is just no satisfying them no matter what you try to say or do. The only one things she does say in her comments that is correct and I quote "I read all the great reviews" There are literally hundreds of satisfied customers that have there cars serviced at our shop. Good luck to her and the next repair shop that has to deal with her.

BR
Bob R.
Kansas City, MO
08/20/2014 Category: Service
Bob said he was overcharged on everything. He came in for a simple diagnostic and was way overcharged. He is definitely unhappy with this business' service. He will not recommend them due to this experience.
Scott S. from Scott's Auto Express, llc responded on 08/22/2014

Mr Reed showed up at the end of the day on a friday and asked for a Missouri Vehicle Inspection. With only 45 minutes of our day remaining we accommodate him. While the inspection is going on he asked if we could diagnose why his truck that was running poorly. I explained our diagnostic charge and mentioned that there may not be enough time left in the day to get it fixed even if we had enough time to properly diagnose. At closing time we had diagnosed his problem and he was told that we would stay late to make the repair at which time he seemed grateful. 1 hour after closing time his truck was repaired.
As a shop I believe we went above and beyond to make sure Mr Reed was taken care of. With the repair that was made it seems to be in-line with any other shop in this area. Not sure why he is so unhappy. While talking with Mr Reed during his repair he had complained about every other shop in the area and that no would could satisfy him, that he was overcharged and poor workmanship. I'm not sure that any repair shop could ever please Mr Reed.

Cole C.
Independence, MO
Mitsubishi Galant
06/13/2014 Category: Service
Cole said he will never go back to this business. He had to take his vehicle back to this business on three separate occasions in which he was charged each time they told him his vehicle was complete, but every time he got home his vehicle was not fixed. He said they are just playing a guessing game with his money, and he is not okay with that.
Scott S. from Scott's Auto Express, llc responded on 06/25/2014

This is a typical review from a consumer that does not and would not understand the process of air conditioning repair. As proffessionals in this business for over 20 years we are experienced and knowledgeable about the expense and diagnosis with any ac system. We have a certain explanation that has been used with any ac repair job that we have performed through out the years and it was explained to Cole as it is for all of our clients which included him being informed of the numerous componenets that can leak in these systems. Unfortunately for him his ac system had multiple small leaks that could not be detected until car had been driven or sat for a couple of days.This is not a guessing game as Cole has stated

Ron S.
05/10/2014 Category: Service
Ron said he was unhappy with the service. The business was highly recommended to him but he was charged excessively for minimal work performed on his vehicle. He would not recommend them due to this experience.
Scott S. from Scott's Auto Express, llc responded on 05/20/2014

Ron came in with a check engine light and a squealing belt that he had replaced. Check engine light was a EVAP purge solenoid and his belt problem was due to someone before us had used some kind of thick white lubricant on his new belt. Purge valve was easy fix, and we had to clean all of the pulleys and install a new belt-Both of which fixed his problems.He hard some concerns about transmission service and we gave him all options to choose from. After our discussion he OK'd the work. I would have thought that if there was any more questions or concerns that it would have been addressed at that time. I'm not real sure why Ron is unhappy. Have attempted to contact him several times to discuss this but will not return my calls.

Richard H.
Mazda CX-7
01/15/2020 Category: Service
Richard said the staff does everything expertly.

SF
Scott F.
INFINITI I30
01/14/2020 Category: Service
Scott said this business had good service and was fast.

Jessica H.
Grandview, MO
Nissan Sentra
01/07/2020 Category: Service
Jessica said she has been using this business since her first vehicle, and she wouldn't go anywhere else. They are her go-to.

TG
Terri G.
Buick LaCrosse
12/31/2019
Customer Service is great!!
We have been bringing our vehicles to Scotts for over 15 years. We really would not trust anyone else regarding fixing the problems and the prices being fair!

Dave D.
Grain Valley, MO
Cadillac SRX
12/20/2019 Category: Service
Dave said that he personally had service in the auto industry and the place's staff and he understand each other.

KN
Kynser N.
12/17/2019 Category: Service
Spoke with Kynser's mother. She said they got in right away. It was done on time and the price was right.