Tom M.
04/30/2021
Surprise!
I have a project truck (2000 Chev step-side) that I installed a new front suspension on myself. I dropped it off at Shorty's for alignment and exhaust leak repair. I told them to check my work and that I couldn't get the inner tie rod boots on...I also told them there was no rush. After they had it for a few weeks they called to say it is ready. I asked if the inner tie rod boots were put on like I requested at drop off. "Let me check on that." I got a return phone call with a big surprise...the boots are after market and don't fit properly, were not put on and that the rack (steering) was leaking. Why wasn't I notified about this as soon as it was discovered? Apparently these guys do good work but my goodness, their communication needs work.
James and Danny B. from Shorty's Bear Safety Service Inc. responded on 05/22/2021

Tom I totally agree with you. The one of service writer that you were dealing with had an accident and went on medical leave. I had also hire three new employees. So our communcation suffered tremendously.I apologize that you were one of my customers that had to experienced this problem. We are working to correct this situation.

FH
Freddie H.
Dodge Dakota
04/17/2021 Category: Service
Freddie said he had to take it back because the issue wasn't fixed and they charged him for a diagnostic after he told them what the problem was.

WH
Wayland H.
Ram 3500
03/17/2021 Category: Service
Wayland said it's half way between good and best.

KD
Kaden D.
Dodge Charger
07/16/2018 Category: Service
Kaden said the service seemed a little pricey.

Cade H.
MINI Cooper Coupe
08/20/2017 Category: Service
Cade said he took his vehicle in to be realigned but the business could not fix it without installing an adapter kit for $600. He appreciates their friendly customer service and they were willing to split the cost for the visit but he said basically he paid money for nothing because his vehicle still pulls to the right and he is not happy.

AL
Allen L.
Canyon, TX
Mercedes-Benz Sprinter 3500
03/27/2016
Shorty's made the effort....
While I wasn't totally satisfied initially with the work...Shorty's did work with me to correct the problem and make sure I was satisfied when I left the shop! So yes, I would go back again and recommend this business to a friend.
James and Danny B. from Shorty's Bear Safety Service Inc. responded on 04/05/2016

I apologize that we did not repair all the problems the first time you brought the motorhome in. I appreciate you letting us know that there was a problem and giving us a chance to correct it. We will work harder to make sure that everything is taken care of on your first visit next time.

SA
Shelly A.
Dodge Caliber
12/13/2015
Left a little disappointed...
I am satisfied with the professionalism of Shorty's. I was a little put off as this was the 3rd attempt to correct the issue with my tail lights and even though gave me a discount I don't feel that I should have been responsible since it turned out to be a wiring issue that should have been caught in one of the first 2 visits. I also had the state inspection done (disappointed that the gunk from the old sticker wasn't removed from windshield) and I had the oil changed. I left Shorty's and drove directly to work, then from work to home and I must say, this is the first time I have ever smelt oil burning when I pulled in the garage. To me with my experience/background, that tells me somehow oil was allowed to get on the engine of my car when being changed which I've never had happen. That was a little disappointing to me. Not sure I will return for that type of service. I'm going to say I recommend but I'm kind of on the fence here...
James and Danny B. from Shorty's Bear Safety Service Inc. responded on 12/18/2015

I apologize your experience was less than stellar. I visited with the tech about cleaning the windsheild. After talking to Shelly I adjusted the bill and explain to her the difficultly we had in finding the problem. The oil smell I am not sure about (proably spilt some oil on the exhaust manifold.) but Shelly said that she had not smelled it since the first time.