Overall Rating 4.5340945/5Overall Rating 4.5340945/5Overall Rating 4.5340945/5Overall Rating 4.5340945/5rating 4.5340945
Overall Rating 2.1363683/5Overall Rating 2.1363683/5rating 2.1363683rating 2.1363683rating 2.1363683

KL
Kamillya L.
Palmetto, GA
07/09/2019 Category: Service
Customer satisfaction guaranteed.
Excellent service, went above and beyond to accommodate my needs.

07/09/2019 Category: Service
Multiple Work jobs not completed as promised,
Smh
ALLEN K B., Svc & Parts Director from Southtowne Hyundai of Newnan responded on 07/09/2019

Please accept my apology for not meeting your expectations. After reviewing your survey, it’s obvious we fell short of our goal. Someone will contact you to resolve the issue that caused us to have a low score as soon as possible. Again, we apologize for not meeting your expectations and We appreciate your business.

770 253-1407

ALLEN K B., Svc & Parts Director from Southtowne Hyundai of Newnan responded on 07/18/2019

Thank You for using Southtowne Hyundai for all your service needs, we value your business! We look forward to handling all your service needs in the future, and thanks for the 5 Star review!

Jerry Altares

Martin L.
2017 Hyundai Veloster
06/12/2019 Category: Service
Eh
Paying attention to detail and having good preparation equal optimism for success.
ALLEN K B., Svc & Parts Director from Southtowne Hyundai of Newnan responded on 06/13/2019

05/06/2019 Category: Service
Issue resolved? Yes and No.
I upped the rating from 2 to 4 stars. Service went out of their way to pick up and drop of my car; this was an expected and much appreciated gesture.

The issue was not resolved. According to service and some online forums, Sonata's often idle rough with the AC on. In the case of my car, this was not always the case. It seems correction is not possible. The service team claimed to have experienced the same behavior on 2 Sonata's in the lot. When I was there, I checked 1 Sonata 2.0 Turbo to match as closely as possible to my vehicle. The 2.0T i checked was smooth with the AC on. There were only two of this model on the lot last week.

So is the issue resolved? No.
Is there an issue? Unclear. Maybe, maybe not.

I am grateful they made the effort to give it another shot. I am not fully confident of the result as cars should't be rough when idling.

-Eric

05/06/2019 Category: Service
Could be better
Could use some facility upgrades. Staff rarely addresses the issue at hand. Long waits, little feedback.
ALLEN K B., Svc & Parts Director from Southtowne Hyundai of Newnan responded on 05/07/2019

770 253-1407

ALLEN K B., Svc & Parts Director from Southtowne Hyundai of Newnan responded on 05/09/2019

We apologize for the non 5 Star service this trip. We will strive to make your next trip a 5 Star visit! We appreciate your business here at Southtowne and want every visit to be smooth and enjoyable!

Barry McKee

Brooks, GA
03/29/2019 Category: Service
Service Review
Southtown Hyundai went out of their way to service my vehicle after I didn’t know I needed an appointment. This wasn’t the kind of service that makes you want to do business with them. Thanks to all involved.

03/29/2019 Category: Service
Bad experience.
Bad attitude. Felt like a committed a crime.
ALLEN K B., Svc & Parts Director from Southtowne Hyundai of Newnan responded on 03/29/2019

Please accept my apology for not meeting your expectations. After reviewing your survey, it’s obvious we fell short of our goal. Someone will contact you to resolve the issue that caused us to have a low score as soon as possible. Again, we apologize for not meeting your expectations and We do appreciate your business.

770 253-1407

ALLEN K B., Svc & Parts Director from Southtowne Hyundai of Newnan responded on 04/09/2019

Thank You for using Southtowne Hyundai for all your service needs, we value your business! We look forward to handling all your service needs in the future, and thanks for 5 Star review!

Matthew D.
Hogansville, GA
01/30/2019 Category: Service
Won’t review
Only reason I will return is the car is new and they need to service it to keep my warranty in good standing. My first and last Hyandai. I will go back to car maker that always treated me better.
ALLEN K B., Svc & Parts Director from Southtowne Hyundai of Newnan responded on 02/04/2019

Thank-you for your 5 Star reply to our survey request. We appreciate your loyalty to Southtowne Hyundai and look forward to helping you keep your vehicle maintained in the coming years.

Carmen Krauth

Deborah B.
Douglasville, GA
2015 Hyundai Santa Fe S
12/05/2018 Category: Service
None
No review as this is my first dissatisfied experience
ALLEN K B., Svc & Parts Director from Southtowne Hyundai of Newnan responded on 12/06/2018

Let me begin with an apology for not being able to meet your expectations. Someone will reach out to you shortly to get this corrected. Again we apoligize for not handling your service visit correctly!

Your Southtowne Service Team

Hogansville, GA
11/26/2018 Category: Service
Broken promises
This dealer is stopping a loyal customer service incentive for unknown reasons. I will be buying my next vehicle somewhere else next time I purchase.
ALLEN K B., Svc & Parts Director from Southtowne Hyundai of Newnan responded on 11/26/2018

Please accept our apology for not meeting your expectations. Our goal is complete satisfaction. It’s obvious we fell short of our goal. We have mainteained our oil change pricing, and plan on continuing to do so which is well below the market average which will compensate for the free oil change program that has been discontinued!

Senoia, GA
2016 Hyundai Sonata Hyb
11/12/2018 Category: Service
Lack of communication
Couldn’t get through to service department for updates on pricing and servicing of car...phone rang to voicemail at every attempt. When they returned call, it was just before closing.
FORREST H S. from Southtowne Hyundai of Newnan responded on 11/13/2018

Please accept my apology for not meeting your expectations. Our goal is complete satisfaction. It’s obvious we fell short of our goal.
I will investigate the situation. Someone will contact you to attempt resolve the issue as soon as possible.
Again, I apologize for not meeting your expectations and I appreciate your business.

Fayetteville, GA
10/13/2018 Category: Service
Rude, Upselling, Uninformative
They didn't tell me when my car would be done. They tried to upsell other services, several of which were done on the manufacturers schedule elsewhere. They didn't show me these things in my car that they claim I needed. I suspect they are just the standard shady dealer who'll sell you things you don't need. I won't be back unless there's no other option. They also moved my seat to a point I couldn't get in and the car smelled like oil on the inside when I got it back.
ALLEN K B., Svc & Parts Director from Southtowne Hyundai of Newnan responded on 10/15/2018

Let me begin with an apology for not being able to meet your expectations, we do strive to give the customer the best automotive service experience possible! I will address this with the service staff, because this isn’t the way we do business. Thank you for your input!!!

Jimmy B.
2011 Hyundai Elantra
10/02/2018 Category: Service
Concerned and Personable !!!!!!!!!
We experienced an issue with our warranty and the Ms Carmen (service dept) went above and beyond to assist us to the best of her ability. Thank you so much, you rock.

10/02/2018 Category: Service
???????????????????????
Waiting for clarification about my 100,000 warranty
ALLEN K B., Svc & Parts Director from Southtowne Hyundai of Newnan responded on 10/02/2018

Let me begin with an apology for not being able to meet your expectations. Unfortunately, we here at Southtowne do not set the warranty guidelines, but we do strive to give the customer the best automotive service experience possible! if we can assist in any way with your communications to the warranty customer hotline please feel free reach out! Someone here will reach out to you soon!

Svc & Parts Director

09/03/2018 Category: Service
ok
is ok
FORREST H S. from Southtowne Hyundai of Newnan responded on 09/05/2018

Barry McKee has tried to call a few times with the phone numbers we have but can’t get through.
I would be glad to reimburse you for the fuel additive if you don’t feel it was needed. I just to make contact with you so arrangements can be made. Please contact me for the reimbursement.
We base our recommendations on several different factors. Your owner’s manual does recommend the additive. I would be glad to give you the reference page. We also take customer convenience and our experience of what works in this area in consideration.
But it’s your car and obviously your choice on how to take care of it.
Again I apologize for not meeting your expectations and I appreciate your business.

Juanita B.
Atlanta, GA
08/08/2018 Category: Service
Still a great place
For visit on 7/23/2018 my service advisor was Tom Watt. I had a previous encounter with this same advisor she. I initially purchased my vehicle a few months ago, May. I return to the dealership a few weeks later because my light for passenger was blinking. He did not ride with me to hear the sound, nor was he courteous in explaining why the light might sound off. All of which I was no expecting at this dealership. I ended up going to a different location and seeking advice, and just writing it off that perhaps Tom was simply having a bad day. Fast forward to my next visit on 7/23/2018, the one for this survey. I encountered Tom Watt again. I thought I would see a different advisor but I assume she was out for the day, didn’t seem anyone else was available at the time. Tom took forever to greet or acknowledged I was even standing there beside my vehicle which was parked approx 5 feet from his. The service representative assistant Lucille Johnson, she saw me standing there and came over. She was very kind, I told her I had an appointment and I arrived a few minutes early (15 mins early) but no one had come to greet me or anything. She listened to my concern, then went to a gentleman behind the desk, came back with an answer that someone would be with me next. Suddenly Fom Watt came over. He didn’t greet me, but I greeted him good morning. After I advised as I did with the assistant abo7t the appointment, he actually did not allow me to finish and cut me mid sentence... I guess he knew what I wanted, but he was incorrect and got the service request incorrect as well, which I noticed as I was about to sign the request form. He became very upset when I advised of the error and starched the ink pen from me, removed the paper, snatched the other paper off the printer to his left so hard that the other papers on the printer came off and when he slammed it on the desk for me to sign, the other papers from these flew off as well. The servicemen who came to take my vehicle back approached us and he verified the service. Tom Watt corrected him that the service input was incorrect and adviced of the new order entry. Based on the verbiage used it sounded like he was trying to placed blame on the customer (me) for changing my mind but I didn’t. I actually had the original service email request and the follow up email as well in my records, however it was not my place to speak up about this because we had secured the service and it was unnecessary to bring this up. After my encounter with Tom Watt, everyone who I encountered after him was very nice. I conversed with a few customers who ended up being a blessing disguise as I am in the market for a home, and the the other representatives for checkout and purchasing automotive assessories were very kind. Only because of them and a few others I have encountered at SouthTowne Hyundai Newnan, I will return to this location. However, if at all possible, if there are any customer service classes offered or any coaching that could benefit Tom Watt, I strongly suggest them for him. I work in customer service as well, and we offer classes as such to our employees every few months or so. Thank you.
FORREST H S. from Southtowne Hyundai of Newnan responded on 08/08/2018

I will look into the situation. Someone will contact you to attempt resolve the issue as soon as possible.

Sharpsburg, GA
2014 Hyundai Santa Fe S
07/28/2018 Category: Service
No tire rotation
During my hour and half wait time, I should have been told about needing new tires. They should have given me the option to rotate or not rotate that day. I felt they decided on their own to try and force me to invest in new tires.
FORREST H S. from Southtowne Hyundai of Newnan responded on 07/29/2018

FORREST H S. from Southtowne Hyundai of Newnan responded on 08/08/2018

Again I appreciate your business and the opportunity to respond to your survey.

Suzanne B.
Sharpsburg, GA
06/20/2018 Category: Service
Be friendly
I waited for over an hour for an oil change which I am ok with, but what I have a problem with is the fact that I asked for them to simply take a look at the 12V adapters in the front and middle of the car that were not working again (last time it was a simple fuse replacement) and I was told “you will have to bring the car back after Wednesday of this week since this is a mechanical issue and we are too busy.” Again, I completely understand being busy but the service representative was less than friendly when explaining this and extremely dismissive. She barely looked at me while taking my information upon check in and again when telling me I would have to bring my car back in later in the week. If they could have just checked the fuses and either replaced them due to them being blown or checked and told me at check out that they looked at it and it was not the fuses I would have been a lot more understanding about bringing my vehicle back again for a mechanical issue seeing as it would obviously take longer to look into the problem.
FORREST H S. from Southtowne Hyundai of Newnan responded on 06/21/2018

03/16/2018 Category: Service
Not a great place for service appointments
This is my second time visiting this dealership for a service appointment - it was time for my 15,000 mile service. I bought my Santa Fe from this dealership earlier this year. I made my appointment online, in which the application suggestion I would need a "15,000 Severe Conditions Service" and then listed out what this service entails. I proceeded to add this service "to my cart" and book my appointment. Upon arrival, there were no service attendants at either of the three service desks. So I stood there awkwardly until a woman who I wasn't sure even worked there based on her attire told me that someone would be right with me. Finally, Tom, came to me and asked me what I needed. I said I am here for a service appointment to which he replied OK so you just need an oil change? I was a bit surprised that he was not aware of the service appointment or what exact services my car needed when I already selected all of this on the online appointment tool, furthermore, he is the service expert here shouldn't he already know what a car typically needs at 15,000 miles? I also needed a part that had been recalled replaced because on my previous and first service appointment, they had told me that they did not have the recalled part tin stock so they would call me when the part was in, yet I never received a call so months later here I am asking for the part to be replaced.

After speaking with Tom and handing over the keys, I proceeded to wait in the very sad waiting area. It's small, seats looked dirty and all "amenities" that were available was an old pot of coffee and a small mini fridge of mini water bottles. How about offering WiFi for customers who have to leave work and wait for their car to be serviced so they can work while they wait? I would have a friendly WiFi login sign framed in the room. There was not enough seating for everyone. I would suggest providing snacks - chips, granola bars, etc. More drink selections, soda, juice, etc. How about a better coffee machine with a variety of options? When you are stuck for 1-2 hours waiting for service you should be provided a comfortable and accommodating environment.

Overall not a great experience. Once my car was ready, Tom just directed me to the cashier and that was it. No one explained to me a summary of what was done or that I needed to fill up my tank immediately afterwards for the fuel additive to work. I did not realize I needed to do this until I was already home and started to read over the paperwork. Furthermore, after I paid I had to wander around the lot outside to try to find my car. They could of pulled my car around or at least pointed in the direction of where the car was parked. When I bought my car from this dealership, I was promised from my salesman the best care and maintenance. I expect when I pull up for my service appointment for the service employees to be expecting me and know when my appointment is and what services I will be needing. I will not be returning to this dealership for services anymore, I will be going to another Hyundai dealership and hope for a better, more customized experience.
FORREST H S. from Southtowne Hyundai of Newnan responded on 03/16/2018

FORREST H S. from Southtowne Hyundai of Newnan responded on 03/22/2018

Barry McKee left messages for you at the number we have on file. I understand we didn’t meet your expectations on other thing besides amenities and I apologize for that.
I have done a few updates to amenities in service. We have always had free Wi-Fi and 2 signs in the lounge giving the password. However the signs were hung up with station certifications and were easy to overlook. I hung another sign up with large bold letters under the TV.
 We also have had snacks, water and coffee available. We have a challenge keeping check on those and I apologize if they were out or the coffee was old and tired. I added bottled juice to our refrigerator as of today and a few more sweet snacks on the tables. I have to be careful there. We tried donuts but they attracted ants by the millions.
I have counseled Tom on his care of you. Tom, I and the rest of the team here will continue to strive for improvement.
Again I apologize for not meeting your expectations.
Sincerely

2016 Hyundai Sonata Hyb
02/13/2018 Category: Service
15k Maintenance Experience Less than Ideal
I've had my car serviced at Southtowne 3 times since purchasing it there in 2017. The last experience (15k maintenance) was the least pleasant. I scheduled the maintenance a couple days in advance online. Even so, the routine maintenance took too 2+ hours, there was no coffee, and the Service Timer on my car did not get reset. On the positive side, the price charged was less than the myHyundai app predicted that it would be (~$15 cheaper?). That did not outweigh the negatives. Likely to look elsewhere for my next maintenance.
FORREST H S. from Southtowne Hyundai of Newnan responded on 02/14/2018

I apologize for not meeting your expectations. We will look into the situation and contact you to try and rectify the situation. Thank you for your business.
FORREST H S. from Southtowne Hyundai of Newnan responded on 02/27/2018

We have tried to contact you several times but have been unable to connect. I aploogize for not meeting your expectations. We will continue to strive for improvement.
Sincewrely,

David C.
01/24/2018 Category: Service
Try Honda
Didn't perform work even after explaining to me what they did. Then seemed uncaring when I pointed it out to them and they got defensive.
FORREST H S. from Southtowne Hyundai of Newnan responded on 01/24/2018

I will look into the situation and try to contact you to attempt resolve the issue as soon as possible.
Service manager

CV
Chonda V.
Tallapoosa, GA
12/28/2017 Category: Service
Thoughts
Cleaner customer lounge and proper training on communication with service staff.
FORREST H S. from Southtowne Hyundai of Newnan responded on 12/29/2017

After reviewing your repair order I see your car was in Tuesday for normal maintenance and a recall.
Service manager

FORREST H S. from Southtowne Hyundai of Newnan responded on 01/09/2018

We tried to get in touch by phone and email but were unable to.
 Our primary customer lounge is located in the sales area. It is more open with more amenities. The lounge adjacent to the service drive is considered our secondary lounge. Our customers are free to use which ever lounge they are more comfortable in.
 It appears you had an appointment set with Brian Munson but Brian was on lunch break when you came in. Tom Watt was the person that talked to you. Tom created the repair order in Brian’s name but failed to alert Brian when he returned a few minutes later. You then became and “orphan”  customer and I apologize. We have changed our internal policy due to this. Now anytime an advisor makes face to face contact with a customer they take ownership of the previously created appointment. This should eliminate the problem but the real issue is the mistake of not caring enough.
Again I apologize for not meeting your expectations. I assure you I do care for you as a customer and will continue to strive for improvement.
fsmith@southtowne.com

11/29/2017 Category: Service
Terrible place for maintanince.
Took hours for an oil change and the waiting room was dirty and hot!
FORREST H S. from Southtowne Hyundai of Newnan responded on 11/30/2017

Please accept my sincere apology for not meeting your expectations.
 We appreciate your feedback and will continue to strive for improvement

Mike D.
Fayetteville, GA
10/10/2017 Category: Service
Sloppy Servicing
Dealership didn't perform requested servicing though they acknowledged the list of services requested.
FORREST H S. from Southtowne Hyundai of Newnan responded on 10/12/2017

Please accept my sincere apology for not meeting your expectations.
 We appreciate your feedback and will continue to strive for improvement