LJ
Larry J.
01/18/2019 Category: Service
Larry said Tony provided a good job.

01/16/2019
The cable broke in my back window and they were able to get me in that day. Much appreciated.

Curtis C.
Mercury Grand Marquis
01/12/2019
Salesman was pushy and not completely honest
Took car in for water pump. The sailsman called me back and insisted I needed other things fixed, and I agreed to fix these things. This was understandable after he explained. The salesman called me and told me my car was finished and that when it was test driven, it died twice. This is not normal for this car, and I was not having this problem ever before I brought it in for "just a water pump". I was grateful to get my car back in a timely manner because it was New Year's Eve. However I was not happy when I got on the loop my car died and engine started racing. I took the car back a couple of days later, and got a new diagnosis from them to the tune of $1,500.00 I couldn't afford this to begin with, and paid them $112.00 just to have a diagnosis, I was assured that money would come off of the total price. I was told the car had multiple vacuum seal leaks that a smoke test was running on it. However, I took my car to another reputable auto mechanic, who simply put a fuel pump and a EGR pressure sensor for on it $186.00. I did not have to pay diagnosis where I went the second time nor did I have to pay the hard labor prices that Spraggins charges. Maybe Mr. Spraggins doesn't know that his mechanics or the man that waited on me was dishonest about this. I just think God for the intuition to take my car somewhere else. I wouldn't go back because I don't trust them.
Tony and Melissa S. from Spraggins Auto Repair responded on 01/29/2019

We regret that Mr. C didn't have a great experience on his visit to our auto repair facility. We appreciate the feedback, we will use it to try to make ourselves better. I would like to take this opportunity to try to sort some of this out. 1) If our service advisor came across as insistent, that's not how we intend for him to be. He is very passionate about presenting the problems that need to be solved on a customer's vehicle because he cares and doesn't want them to have to continue to deal with these problems. 2) It's unfortunate the vehicle died when Mr. C left our facility. We did mention that the vehicle was doing that when we called him so it shouldn't have been a surprise to him. Due to the coolant leaks, we could not test drive the vehicle before repairs were made. We don't want to cause the vehicle to overheat. If we had been able to drive it first, then we may have been able to spot some of these other problems he was having. There are no repairs that were made that could cause these other drivability problems regardless of what the causes of them were/are. 3) A defective fuel pump normally doesn't cause a problem only at idle. When a fuel pump doesn't have enough pressure the problem usually reveals itself when the engine is under acceleration or it just won't run at all. On our post repair test drives(two-one by tech and one by our QC person) there was no problem on acceleration, but only at idle. 4) The vacuum leaks that were found by our diagnostic smoke test are still a problem. Normally vacuum leaks don't just go away, they are still there. Vacuum leaks are normally what causes problems at idle whether vehicle is dying or idling too high. 5) I am confused on what Mr. C thought our service advisor or automotive technician was dishonest about. We are more than willing to accept that we may be wrong, misinformed, misdiagnosed a vehicle, or any other form of being wrong, not dishonest. It is well known to all of our employees that we do not tolerate dishonesty whether it's with a customer, each other, or a vendor. For all of us in our business the work we do with our hands and the way we treat our customers, each other, and vendors is linked to the relationship we have with our Lord Jesus.

JONATHAN D.
01/10/2019
Honest , quality service
A good experience.

Jim D.
12/21/2018
Honest, reliable, good communication
Great service and they are good at identifying and explaining mechanical problem. They care about their customers.

Jason S.
White Oak, TX
Ford Police Interceptor
12/21/2018
Prompt service and communication
The staff is always prompt and communicates effectively before, during and after service.

Deb C.
12/13/2018
Want it done right?
I asked this business to help me make a decision on a used car that I was thinking about purchasing. Not only did they offer to go retrieve the car and bring it to their garage, but after they had done a thorough check from top to bottom, they return the car to the dealership. I literally never had to leave my house. After the check up, Mr. Spraggins called me and gave me the most thorough rundown of everything imaginable that one would check on the car. He found things that I never would've thought to check. He gave me timelines for next maintenance needed and approximated how many miles would be left on the tires. It was clear and obvious that he valued my business and wanted me to be informed before I made the decision to purchase the vehicle. I will use them again. Spraggins auto saved me from purchasing a vehicle that would have cost me several more thousand within the next few months of ownership. As a single mom, I'm grateful for their willingness and knowledge.

PS
PERRY S.
Chevrolet Cruze
12/11/2018
Wonderful family
As usual the Spraggin family came through. Their concern for my wife and her car was very well received by my wife and I. The repairs needed was preformed in a very timely manner and the feed back to us was very appreciated. Thank you all.

LG
Lynn G.
Kia Rondo
12/08/2018
Ray Gruber
Honesty and integrity are the best words to describe Spraggins Auto Repair. Good people!

BRENDA B.
Kia Sorento
11/28/2018
Trustworthy, honest and fair
Quality work, fairly priced. Tony Spraggins is an awesome mechanic that runs an honest shop. My highest recommendation for Spraggins Auto Repair!

DV
Daniel V.
Buick Lucerne
11/27/2018
Integrity, Kindness, Professionalism, and Friendship
It's extremely comforting to have a mechanic you can trust. As long as we have lived in Longview, we have driven across town to Spraggins (was Longview Radiator) because we can trust them, and they care about us. I wish all businesses operated with their values.

DT
David T.
Pontiac GTO
11/22/2018
Excellent work 06 GTO
GREAT place for auto repair. Top notch work.

KC
Kathy C.
Pontiac Montana SV6
11/21/2018
Very Honest extremely dependable very friendly
Easy to work with. They are very honest in what they say and do. I appreciate their friendliness. They make you feel like family.

11/14/2018
great job!
This was my first time here. I was very pleased with the service. I will definitely go backback. I felt the price was fair and they treated me with respect.

Sheri B.
Marshall, TX
Buick Enclave
11/12/2018
Excellent Service!
I have always received excellent service--they check to see what is wrong, always call and specifically tell me what needs to be done and approximately how much it will cost up front (which is important when you're on a budget!), and provide excellent service. I feel I have finally found an auto repair shop that I can trust and know will take care of me and my vehicle.

Albert M.
Winona, TX
11/12/2018
Friendly and professional
Part are expensive, quality of work is good

KJ
KENNETH J.
11/07/2018
The people, the service, the work done.
I appreciate the professional service I get as well as the friendliness displayed each time I am there. They are always on top of any problem I bring to them and the prices are always fair.

Loara S.
Kilgore, TX
11/07/2018
Truly Amazing
I went in for overheating and the fan was out on my car...they went above and beyond and got it done in the same day...

Monica M.
11/06/2018 Category: Service
Monica said they seemed trustworthy.

GH
Gene H.
11/04/2018
Simply the BEST
I appreciate so much Spraggins honesty, integrity, and true care for their customers. This was a major repair that they competed faster than my expectation with good communication along the way. They even went the extra mile to stay late so the vehicle could be back before the weekend. They are the BEST