Overall Rating 3.800002/5Overall Rating 3.800002/5Overall Rating 3.800002/5rating 3.800002rating 3.800002
Overall Rating 2.2/5Overall Rating 2.2/5rating 2.2rating 2.2rating 2.2

09/08/2018
Watch the upsale tactic
Staff was very friendly and establish ment was very comfortable and clean. I called to schedule appointment for diagnostic. Have a warranty and pretty sure it was a hassle no one wanted to deal with. Arrived on time with simple emissions issue waited over 2 hours for some to touch the car, had to ask. Check was completed pretty quickly and was called next day for pricing. The major issue was the attempted upsale. The repair cost quoted was presented as related to my emissions issues and very pricey. I knew the cost of part and labor before I came so with warranty didnt understand why it was hundrends of dollars higher.I asked for itemized pricing and service reasons had to be called back. Price significantly changed as services quoted were "maintaince related" and not mandated at this point. I truly had no issues if reccommendation had been given but the fact it was quicky qupted and wrapped in a deceptive upcharge was very bad. I clearly stated I was simply there to address the emmissions issue covered bu warranty.I did have the vehicle repaired by Theos.It was suppose to include an emissions and didnt so a wasted trip to "finish" and had to pay elsewhere for clearance but no other issues. My advice honor appointments or advise customers it will be treated as a walk in. Also, be honest and tell people what they NEED, made me question the integrity of the company.

RICHARD R.
Hyundai Genesis Coupe
04/21/2018
Not quite done to the standards I'd expect.
Dropped off my car for Coolant change. Picked it up, drove it home and it overheated. Basic air bubble burping not completed at the shop. They were very apologetic but this is basic mechanic 101 stuff.... even I know this needs to be done... not sure of future visits yet. They did take care of it but keeping a car 2 days for a coolant change is nuts..
Theo K. from Theo's Automotive responded on 04/24/2018

Mr. Richard,
You are quite right I am upset just as much as you are about having to bring your car back the second time for a simple burb that was not performed right the first time.
Sorry again for the inconvenience and thank you for your feedback. Steps taken not to repeat same mistake again.
Sincerely. THEO

JOSEPH D.
Hampton, GA
09/24/2017
Theo's Fixed It!
Theo's contacted me to refund a portion of the accidental overcharge - what great service! I WILL be back!

09/24/2017
Transmission fluid leak
I was billed $166 to replace a 6'' section of hose and two hose clamps. There was no diagnostics or troubleshooting involved (leak was at the connection between trans and radiator), and the job was easily accessible. Too high for the work being done.
Theo K. from Theo's Automotive responded on 09/27/2017

Mr. Joseph,
You were right a clerical mistake was made in our part. It was corrected and we issued a refund to you.
Sorry for our mistake,

Theo K. from Theo's Automotive responded on 09/27/2017

Mr. Joseph,
Thank you very much for your responce and your review.

TT
TIM T.
Sharpsburg, GA
BMW 328i
07/08/2017
After spending $950 we still have the same problem.
Very nice people.
Theo K. from Theo's Automotive responded on 07/11/2017

Mr.Tim,

Based on 98.3% positive five star reviews (for over 1045) I don’t take kindly to get one with two stars and here is why.

Your issue and codes we were getting were based on either a problem with low oil pressure, intermittent acting cam sensor or a very expensive fix of replacing the Vanos unit.

It was explained and agreed upon to take the first route by flushing your oil (sometimes that takes care of the problem) the second time we replaced the cam adjustor solenoid and before we let your car go we drove it and rechecked it and there was no code active or pending.

Now you claim that the check engine light has come on again. First of all, we don’t know if it’s the same problem. If it is the same issue then we will procced with the more expensive repair and apply the money you have paid so far on this repair, (this way you gain and we lose)

We did all these repair steps for your benefit so you don’t have to spend a lot of money for a repair that you might not need.

Instead of slapping us with this two star review and especially since you were told the steps we were taking, you should have come back and lets us finish this repair with the third and most expensive option.

CJ
Charles J.
12/13/2016
yellow Opel
Jim and Theo - what a team! Like Penn and Teller
Theo K. from Theo's Automotive responded on 12/13/2016

Thank you for your review and Merry Christmas.

AJ
ANTONY J.
Mazda 6
10/12/2016
Not very satisfied
I went to Theo's Automotive to fix the cooling problem of my 2006 Mazda 6.
They told they found two leaks in the valves in the AC system and fixed them.
After driving the car for two weeks, the issue popped up again.
I returned the vehicle to them.
I was told that there was another leak in the system and they've fixed it.
The leak could've been found out during the first inspection itself.
Therefore, I'm giving them 2 stars.

Hope this issue won't popup up again.
Theo K. from Theo's Automotive responded on 10/12/2016

Mr. Antony, we do our best to diagnose and fix problems the first time. In the case with your AC what we found the first time was just the Schrader valves were leaking (both AC hoses were inspected and they were not leaking at that time). We replace the Schrader valves and pressure tested the AC system and no further leaks were detected.
On your second visit it so happened that one of the AC hoses was leaking and that is what we replaced.
Please note, as a good will we did not charge you again for evacuating and recharging your AC.
So in fact it did not cost you anymore than you would have had to pay if we were to fix both leaks at the same time.
I hope this response has clarified your issue.

Jared F.
Thomaston, GA
03/30/2016 Category: Service
Jared said it took 3 months to get it fixed and he got his vehicle back Monday. They charged him again even though they didn't fix the problem right the first time. The first time, they didn't fix the actual problem. For the second time, they fixed the wiring harness and PCM.
Theo K. from Theo's Automotive responded on 04/04/2016

Mr. Jared,
Both of us had a bad experience with your vehicle. We have spent countless hours without charging you for our work. You vehicle was and still is in a bad shape. As you were explained and also pointed out to you your vehicle had multiple Mechanical issues due the high mileage and lack of maintenance as well as multiple electrical, rust and wiring issues due that this vehicle had taken multiple mud baths on the swamps of Louisiana. You were informed all along and shown what we did and why, and I am surprised with this negative review.
Had we known that your vehicle was in such a deplorable state before we started we would never have taken this car in for any type of repairs. I guess this time we learned by our mistake.
THEO
PS: We still have the old parts that we removed that you claimed did not need. You can come and pick them up at any time.

Jared F.
Georgia
02/14/2016 Category: Service
Jared said this business has not done anything to resolve his initial dissatisfaction with them.

02/14/2016 Category: Service
Jared said the business had his vehicle for a month and a half. He had to return it to them after having it a day. They paid for the tow and he would appreciate if they would cover the cost of repair because he had to return. Everyone there was nice but they never got in contact with him, he had to call to them.
Theo K. from Theo's Automotive responded on 02/16/2016

Mr. Jared,
I believe you were aware prior the last repair that we did in your truck that you had an issue with contaminated fuel but you chosen to ignore it at that time. The failure this time is not what we have worked on previously it is because your fuel is contaminated and your gas tank needs to be removed and cleaned. In any case we will try to help out if any further repairs are needed.

James D.
Acura RDX
12/20/2015 Category: Service
James said he took his vehicle to have maintenance performed which was the oil and air filter. It cost him $60. When they checked the air filter, it was dirty and the transmission needed to be flushed. He was not informed of this. When he went to the facility, this is when they informed him of the extra repairs that needed to be done and it cost him an extra trip and another day without his vehicle. This is not the first time the business had done this to him.
Theo K. from Theo's Automotive responded on 01/04/2016

Mr. James,
Here are the facts, we did send you a text message with our free electronic report to you phone here is the link. http://2um.me/52ag which indicates whatever you have mentioned above need to have taken care of it.
Since you did not reply to our message and request to have this done we did not do the work of course without prior authorization.
If you look at your invoice you will also notice that these items are also recommended on your next visit.
PS: if you do not have a smart phone you would have not receive our text message and we are sorry about that. In the future should you want to deal with us please advice that you do not want to communicate with text messages.
Thanks, THEO

BC
BOUCHER C.
Atlanta, GA
07/25/2015
Ripoff
The technician tried to rip me off because I am a female. My bill was originally $216 but he reduced it to $154 when I spoke up and he realized I knew my car prices
Theo K. from Theo's Automotive responded on 07/30/2015

Miss,
You are the first one out of nearly 700 positive reviews to accuse us of trying to rip you off.
We charged you for your battery plus a minimum charge to test your charging system.
When you picked up your car and complaint about it, then out of courtesy we removed the charge for replacing and testing your charging system.
PS: if you were to check our website estimator the nominal charge should have been for that service $137.00-184.00 for the battery and replacement, Plus Charging system diagnosis $46.00- 49.00.
So the average charge for those services should have been $216.00, SO YOU PAYING US $154.00 YOU GOT YOURSELF A GOOD DEAL.

MO
MARK O.
Saturn Vue
05/27/2015
chill's over AC estimate
Took car in to have ac checked for est. when we picked the car up we were charged a lot of money for the estimate.. would of liked to know that ahead of time. also was charged for a break analyses which we never asked for that inspection.. YOU GOT ME!!!! find it hard to recommend u after this!!!
Theo K. from Theo's Automotive responded on 05/28/2015

Mr. Mark,
AC Service is not free, We had to spend over an hour to go trough the steps, to evacuate, check for leaks under vacuum, recharge wirh freon, add leak detection fliud etc. and then check for leaks under pressure and also check system pressure when the system is in operation in order to determine if the system works and how well is working.

It is impossible to check the AC system without following all of the steps above, and yes sometimes after all this it s possible to find out that the system needs more work to make it 100% operational.

Our service charges for what we do are posted everywhere we are also gladly given estimates for all work needed, we are also have an estimator on our web site which anyone can check and find out what each service cost. Should you have asked us how much to replace the AC compressor, Drier, Expansion Valve etc. we would have given you a FREE estimate.

We have spent a considerable amount of time to verify the integrity of the system, them based on our findings we gave you an estimate to have this vehicle repaired which you declined. Should you decide to have this repair done we would credit this charges towards the repair.

It is obvious we can not work on your car all this time and do our diagnostics for free. Further more you did not pay us for your brake inspection; it is a courtesy inspection which we do free of charge to anyone.

PG
PETER G.
Toyota Sequoia
10/25/2014
Love Theo's but........
We recently went for a huge belt repair. Expensive job but we know Theo's does a great job. Got the truck back in a timely manner. Didn't drive but out of the parking lot and it sounded like gravel in the right tire. Brought it home took tire off and cover protecting rotor was bent in. Had to bend it out again now sounds great. Little disappointed. Would I recommend kind of.
Theo K. from Theo's Automotive responded on 10/27/2014

Mr. Peter,
I thank you very much for your review and appreciate taken the time to respond bad or good. It sounds strange that we did not hear the noise when we took your car for road test. I am sorry we disapoint you and we did not meet your expectations.

MARK W.
Griffin, GA
Dodge Durango
06/16/2014
problem
Did not do what we had asked and had it over a week
Theo K. from Theo's Automotive responded on 06/17/2014

Mr.Wallace
Thank you for your review. I apologize that it took so long to have your car completed it appears as my service manager told me, somehow your order fell trough the cracks.

The issue with the battery disconnect that you wanted an electric and not a manual one was not relayed from the front office to the shop that is why we installed a manual disconnect.

We have told you however that we can take of this mistake at no charge should you decide to bring your vehicle back. Should you decide not to bring the vehicle back, please let me know and I will refund the full amount you have paid us for that part of the job.

Again I apologize for this screw up; we always are trying very hard to do things right but it obvious sometimes we fail and we promise you to do better next time.

Sincerely, Theo

KL
Ken L.
03/24/2014
Part Price Mark-Up
Theo’s slogan is “not your average garage”, and this is particularly true of their Part Price Mark-Up.

Before making my first visit to Theo’s for some front brake work, I called to obtain an estimate. Based upon research of similar brake repairs, I agreed and took my car in for the repair, primarily due to the great customer reviews.

During the repair process additional parts were required, so my estimate (Parts & Labor) went from $300 to over $700. After some review of service items we could eliminate, the revised estimate came down to $600. I thought that the brake caliper prices were high, and asked if they could do any better on the part price. Well, they did not reduce the part prices, so at this point there is not much you can due but pay-up to get your car back.

After the repair, I called the same supplier Theo’s buys their parts from (NAPA County Auto Parts) and got my price for exactly the same item. My price was $45 (including lifetime warranty), they charged me $90. I am confident that Theo’s gets a lower cost than the retail price I pay, so that’s 100% profit on the parts alone.

Don’t get me wrong, Theo is entitled to mark-up part prices to help shop profitability, but something like 40% - 50 % is more realistic.

I called and asked to speak with Theo regarding part mark-up being a little high, and was told he wasn’t in the office, but Jim left a message for Theo to contact me. That was a week ago. I called again a week later, got the same answer from Jim, and still no call from Theo.

Guess their slogan is correct Theo’s is “not your average garage”. Customer Service usually begins with at least communicating with the customer.
Theo K. from Theo's Automotive responded on 03/25/2014

Mr. Ken,

Apologies for my late reply to your complaint, as I just returned from a two week trip.

Our standard shop policy is to a) give the customer an estimate prior work performed; in your case for front brake calipers, rotors and brake pads replacement, and b) we have a price guarantee trough RepairPal as outlined in our web-site. You were quoted and charged $599.00, and our estimate was not lower and or higher as our price guarantee as per RepairPals online estimator.

As far as your claim about our mark-up etc.., its irrelevant how much our parts cost us or how much you can buy them for yourself; we are a business and we provide a skilled service. Like any business there are costs - like paying $25 for a steak at a restaurant you can get for $7 at the market; you aren't just paying for the meat.

In regards to not “your average garage”, as per RepairPal nationwide statistics an average garage has 0% positive reviews, while Theo’s Automotive has 98% positive reviews out of nearly (400 from customer’s reviews). I'm sorry you felt the need to post an unfair review when you were quoted and charged fairly.

Sincerely, Theo

JAMES T.
Senoia, GA
Honda Accord
07/30/2013
Over Priced
Great customer service but after receiving an estimate, I call around and found the same service with longer warranty on the parts for 1/2 the price. Its apparent they inflate their parts price then show labor rates.
Theo K. from Theo's Automotive responded on 08/09/2013

Mr.James,

There always is and always will be price variations, however, you need to take in consideration the quality of the work and the type of parts used.

Our shop is fully ASE Certified, we offer two years 24K miles Nationwide Warranty and we don’t use cheap foreign imitation replacement parts.

When you visit our website there is tool that is recognized throughout the US, that you can verify the cost of any repair.

In your case you were quoted for a direct fit catalytic converter replacement including both gaskets for $890.12. If you had checked our price estimator on the website, you would have been quoted between $438.00 - $1,196.00.

Thank you for taking the time to write your review.

Tom B.
Saab 9-3
03/21/2013 Category: Service
Lori said she took her vehicle to this business and they did not fix the problem. She had to take the vehicle back and the second vehicle she took to this business resulted in the same outcome. She said they are very nice but do not seem to get to the problem quickly.
Theo K. from Theo's Automotive responded on 03/27/2013
Mr. Tom, Thank you for your review. As a business owner, I do care what my customer has to say, and if there is a complaint regarding something that we failed at, we would like to take care of it. In your case however I don’t believe we failed and I will tell you why. On the Saab it was brought in to us for a no start and to check electrical system. I called you personally and told you that your car had started for us every time and at no point had a problem with starting (once we jumps stared it) your battery tested bad and needed replacement and some other running issues. We also pressure tested the fuel pump and it had normal pressure and volume. I road tested your car after the repairs for the running issues, and the (crank case vent update) were done and it drove well with no problems. A few days later the fuel pump failed. We gave you $100.00 discount towards the fuel pump replacement as a good gesture. We WILL NOT however replace any part(s) if we not assured by testing and verifying, what part(s) has failed and at that point we will recommend replacement. That is why we did not replace your fuel pump the first time (it tested positive for pressure and volume) The same goes on your other vehicle with your battery. We checked your charging system, it was normal. Charged your battery and load tested it, which passed the test; so based on that we did not sell you a battery. A week later when your battery failed we gave you new battery FREE of charge ($120.00 value). I am sorry but I believe we did the best to satisfy you on both occasions and we acted truthfull, professional and honest each time. Thank you, Theo

AD
Andrew D.
Mercedes-Benz ML320
12/10/2012 Category: Service
Spoke with Andrea. She said they had to bring the vehicle back 3 times for the same service work and chose not to elaborate.

PS
PETER S.
Mercury Cougar
08/28/2012
Attention to detail slipping!
Our last two repairs resulted in two returns. Apparently, attention to detail has slipped quite a bit. Both returns could have been avoided if the technician paid attention to the car during the test drive to compare before the fix and after fix conditions. This was a steering rack replacement that resulted in a noise/vibration in the car during acceleration that was not there before. The issue was resolved after another day in the shop, but the cause/reason could not be explained by the staff (???) 678-478-1218
Theo K. from Theo's Automotive responded on 09/10/2012
Mr. Peter I would like to thank you for taking the time to place a review. I have left you two messages because I wanted to talk to you but you did not respond. After talking to my shop manager I found out the following. We performed a repair to vehicle by replacing a leaking steering rack and pinion; this repair involves the replacement of the steering rack and a wheel alignment (it does not require wheel removal) Apparently you came back complaining about a thump/noise/vibration, at that time all our bays and lifts were full and could not accommodate you. The second time you brought back your vehicle to us we inspect it and found out that one of your front tire had a small bump due to a defective tire and what we did we simply rotated your tires from front to back and now your vibration simply moved from front to back, but because the rear wheels are not the ones that you steer you don’t feel the vibration as much. Please note that problem with the vibration must have been there before we replaced your rack and pinion. Rack and pinion replacement had nothing to do with your vibration issue. I hope I have explained myself well to your satisfaction. Again thank you for your review. Theo

TU
Thomas U.
03/09/2012 Category: Service
Thomas said he won't recommend this business because he was quoted two different prices for the work. The person who helped him with everthing got an initial price quote from his provider, but when he decided to have the repair done the provider raised the cost of the part for the repair. He chose not to elaborate further.
Theo K. from Theo's Automotive responded on 03/28/2012
Mr. Thomas, When you called I gave you an estimate to replace your starter motor based on the information you gave me for the year and the model of your vehicle. However your car was one year older than you told me over the phone, so the starter price was different that the one I quoted you when you called. Further more when we found this out I called you to let you know that based on the new information about your car, the price was going to be about $85.00 more. As a good gesture on my part I discounted the repair price by $45.00, you agreed and gave me the OK to proceed with the repair for the price of $325.00. Your final bill was $324.58…… so I fail to see were we did you wrong. If you were not satisfied with the price you agreed you had the option to take your car elsewhere without any charges. Thanks, Theo