Overall Rating 3.800002/5Overall Rating 3.800002/5Overall Rating 3.800002/5rating 3.800002rating 3.800002
Overall Rating 2.2/5Overall Rating 2.2/5rating 2.2rating 2.2rating 2.2

JOSEPH D.
Hampton, GA
09/24/2017
Theo's Fixed It!
Theo's contacted me to refund a portion of the accidental overcharge - what great service! I WILL be back!

09/24/2017
Transmission fluid leak
I was billed $166 to replace a 6'' section of hose and two hose clamps. There was no diagnostics or troubleshooting involved (leak was at the connection between trans and radiator), and the job was easily accessible. Too high for the work being done.
Theo K. from Theo's Automotive responded on 09/27/2017

Mr. Joseph,
You were right a clerical mistake was made in our part. It was corrected and we issued a refund to you.
Sorry for our mistake,

Theo K. from Theo's Automotive responded on 09/27/2017

Mr. Joseph,
Thank you very much for your responce and your review.

DAVID R.
MINI Cooper
11/19/2016
Theos recognizes any mistake and then makes it right!
Theo's staff made sure everything was taken care of. I thought it was excellent that Theo himself, reached out to me and told me to contact him personally on my next visit. We are all human and it is t so much about making a mistake as it is what someone does after...Theos is first class!

11/19/2016
Not there very best this time...
First let me say that Theos is AWESOME and honest! But they are human too. I brought my car in due to some leaks that were identified as oil leaks. I also got an oil change and a break fluid flush/fill. You can imagine my surprise when I got my car back and after a spot check learned that they didn't top off the other fluids like they usually due....not a huge deal btw, but the principle of the thing as it is part of your oil service....sadly, I drove off the lot and found my car super vibrating.....I had a meeting and couldn't get the car back to them until the next day....note: it was NOT vibrating At all prior to the work done....I brought it back the next day to learn that apparently, my engine mount had broke off and this was the cause of the vibration issue....and was told that it was simply bad timing (yet was also told that when they test drove my car after the initial work, that all was fine ).... clearly it wasn't. I don't know enough about cars to understand if it was caused by the work they did - since it was not their specialty mechanic that worked on my car this time or if it really was a mere coincidence that it suddenly happened as I drove off their lot. Either way, I had to get a rental car and pay another $240 to get the car fixed. It runs excellent right now and is just like it was before the first repair. So right now I am pleased.

Everyone was super nice and I still have absolute faith in them as my repair shop....but this was not a 5 star visit for me this time. I will continue to bring my car in for service, but will definitely check better that all things are included and/or done correctly before leaving the lot.
Theo K. from Theo's Automotive responded on 11/23/2016

Mr. David,
Thank you very much for your review and I do appreciate your kind words. I am sorry the trouble you had with the issue with the busted motor mount. I assure you that we did nothing to create this problem however I completely understand your feeling and understanding about it.
I am sure we can make it up in the future, please talk to me on your next visit and I promise you I will make it good for you. Of Course 5 star reviews is what always are aiming for, but sometimes as you say we have to settle for 3.

Jared F.
Georgia
02/14/2016 Category: Service
Jared said this business has not done anything to resolve his initial dissatisfaction with them.

02/14/2016 Category: Service
Jared said the business had his vehicle for a month and a half. He had to return it to them after having it a day. They paid for the tow and he would appreciate if they would cover the cost of repair because he had to return. Everyone there was nice but they never got in contact with him, he had to call to them.
Theo K. from Theo's Automotive responded on 02/16/2016

Mr. Jared,
I believe you were aware prior the last repair that we did in your truck that you had an issue with contaminated fuel but you chosen to ignore it at that time. The failure this time is not what we have worked on previously it is because your fuel is contaminated and your gas tank needs to be removed and cleaned. In any case we will try to help out if any further repairs are needed.

MARK L.
Land Rover Discovery
06/22/2014
corrective measures promptly taken
Theos is excellent in promptly taking steps to correct or complete repair. I have relied on their expertise for many years, and it is the only repair facility in this town that I trust when I have a car problem that is unusual or complicated. If additional symptoms arise after a repair, I can be assured that they will go over and above the regular course of business to make sure it is corrected.

06/22/2014
repair not fix it
The radiator on my 2003 Land Rover Discoverer was leaking. You replace clamp and I paid $112. Next day, radiator still leaking! I'm afraid you missed the boat on this one!
Theo K. from Theo's Automotive responded on 06/23/2014

Mark,
It's not by chance we have 98% positive reviews on our work. It is because we employee dedicated, hard working, knowledgeable and honest individuals. You brought in your 2003 Land Rover for a coolant leak and we pressure tested the cooling system (system pressure) and we discovered a leak on one of the coolant hoses behind the throttle body was leaking.
We repaired the leak, and verified it again by pressure testing the system that we had no more leaks. You, as a gentleman, should have either called me or brought your car back for us to verify the source of this new leak, that of course would have been free of charge. Instead, you choose to post this one star negative review.
There will always be 2% of customers that no mater what we do, there will always be something to complain or be unhappy about it, and it'sunfortunate you didn't allow us the opportunity to not be that 2%. Please come back to our garage with the credit card you used and we will issue you a full refund for the $112.00 you paid, and wish you the best in finding someone else for your future automotive needs.
Theo K. from Theo's Automotive responded on 07/14/2014

Mr. Mark
Thank you for your kind review it is greatly appreciated.

Doug P.
GA
Jeep Cherokee
06/16/2012 Category: Service
Spoke with Pam. She said the business corrected all the complications she had with them but she did not elaborate any further.

06/16/2012 Category: Service
Doug said he still has the problem that he had on his last visit. The technicians at the business rebuilt the air comditioner although it is still not working. The technicians said there was a bad part that needed to be replaced. He did not specify which part. He said that instead of paying only $90 for the repairs he paid $240.
Theo K. from Theo's Automotive responded on 06/19/2012
Mr. Doug, It is my obligation to respond to my customers if there is an issue with our work, so after receiving your complaint, I spoke with Scottie, and he said as far as he knew after speaking with you, your AC was fixed after we replaced one of the AC hoses. Furthermore, I told him to call you and to make sure everything was working OK and you told him that everything was working fine and that there weren't any issues. So since we pride ourselves on our work, ethics and customer service, I would appreciate it if you please revise your review of Theo's Automotive and be fair, given the facts of the situation and we did fix your problem. Thank you for your business Theo Kazadzis

NM
Nicholas M.
Georgia
Volkswagen Cabrio
12/03/2019 Category: Service
Nicholas said this business kept him updated.

Kevin B.
Sharpsburg, GA
12/03/2019 Category: Service
Kevin said he has been using them for years and they're really good.

SHARON B.
11/27/2019
ALWAYS GREAT Service
The staff at Theo's is honest, kind and professional. I have been going there for 3 years and have never had any reason to complain. As a single woman who knows little about auto mechanics the staff has had opportunity to take advantage. They have never done so. The front office staff is always warm and kind. The specialists in the garage always perform top-level work. The facility is clean and pleasant in which to wait.

SR
SCOTT R.
11/26/2019
High mileage maintenance time
We brought our Honda Pilot in to see what maintenance needs to be done. It has 192,000 miles. Sam and Glenn are working on the list and cost so we can make sure to get the maintenance done to make sure the family is safe. Thanks for helping us figure this out.

SR
SCOTT R.
Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class
11/21/2019
great service
Trying to plan maintenance on a 14 year old car that only has 37,000 miles is tough. But Glen and Sam are helping my wife make sure her SLK 350 is getting the service it needs.
Theo K. from Theo's Automotive responded on 11/26/2019

We know how much the Mrs loves her Red hahaha. We are very happy to help ya'll and thank you for the five star recommendation!

Jennifer B.
GMC Yukon XL
11/20/2019 Category: Service
Jennifer said this business was informative, the price was fair and they were accommodating by giving her a ride to and from their facility.
Theo K. from Theo's Automotive responded on 11/26/2019

We strive to give our customer the best service and we love to hear the experiences had here. We are honored that you have entrusted us to take care of your vehicle's needs!

TT
TOM T.
Audi Q5
11/19/2019
Oil Change
Quick and easy.
Theo K. from Theo's Automotive responded on 11/26/2019

Thank you! It was our pleasure meeting you and hope you'll be back for any future automotive needs.

GC
GABRIELE C.
Jonesboro, GA
Mercedes-Benz C-Class
11/19/2019
Fast and reliable
No complaints
Theo K. from Theo's Automotive responded on 11/26/2019

Thank you for the recommendation! We value our customers taking the time.

TF
TERESA F.
Fayetteville, GA
FIAT 500
11/17/2019
I broke down on a Thursday and I called Theo's. They helped me to get my car towed to them that night. By Friday, morning, they had called with the diagnosis and had it done by 1 pm Saturday. Such a great place, very glad I found such a wonderful garage.

AP
Anice P.
INFINITI QX50
11/11/2019 Category: Service
Anice said she was very pleased with the service. She's always satisfied with the work Theo and Jim do. She takes all of her vehicles here and has been a customer for over 20 years.

Ram 1500
11/08/2019
Some good service, but some concerns this time.
We've had work done here fine before. This time, first time with a van, we had scheduled a prepurchase inspection and an oil change and I experienced a couple of concerns:
1) I was called and learned that there was a problem trying to take off the oil pan plug, and they didn't want to risk tearing something up, so they mentioned they could get a new oil pan and then everything would be about $700. We told them we didn't want that work done, so I picked up the vehicle (Ram ProMaster 1500) and took it to a dealer that same afternoon and they were able to do a normal oil change. I assume the dealer had equipment that could handle the oil plug that Theo's didn't, but Theo's wasn't able to mention the option of going to a dealer to me.
2) Also, when I picked up my ProMaster from Theo's, the check engine light was on. I started to go back in to ask about it, but then wondered if it had something to do with the oil change and their work there earlier that day. I don't think the check engine light was on before I took it in though, so it doesn't sound good to return it to me like that.
Recommendation "Yes" for cars/pickups, but "No" for vans.

LH
LYNN H.
FIAT 500
11/07/2019
Customer attention-expertise and quality of work
Excellent quality of service

LO
Larry O.
11/04/2019 Category: Service
Larry said the service was prompt. The staff did what they said and the work was good.

KW
KEN W.
Mercedes-Benz 300SDL
11/01/2019
Car service
Quality work
Theo K. from Theo's Automotive responded on 11/01/2019

We'd like to take a moment to thank you for this kind review. It is our goal to always provide quality and honest work!

PJ
PRICE J.
Senoia, GA
Lincoln Town Car
10/30/2019
Knowledgeable Personnel
Theo's is a great place to have your car serviced------ the service is excellent and pricing is fair. Prior to moving back to Georgia, I always took my vehicle to the dealership. I had a bad dealership experience several years ago and tried Theo's based on several recommendations--------- I'm glad I did!
Theo K. from Theo's Automotive responded on 11/01/2019

We are extremely pleased to hear your visit at our shop was a pleasant one! We surely do appreciate your business!