Overall Rating 3.800002/5Overall Rating 3.800002/5Overall Rating 3.800002/5rating 3.800002rating 3.800002
Overall Rating 2.2/5Overall Rating 2.2/5rating 2.2rating 2.2rating 2.2

Ram 1500
11/08/2019
Some good service, but some concerns this time.
We've had work done here fine before. This time, first time with a van, we had scheduled a prepurchase inspection and an oil change and I experienced a couple of concerns:
1) I was called and learned that there was a problem trying to take off the oil pan plug, and they didn't want to risk tearing something up, so they mentioned they could get a new oil pan and then everything would be about $700. We told them we didn't want that work done, so I picked up the vehicle (Ram ProMaster 1500) and took it to a dealer that same afternoon and they were able to do a normal oil change. I assume the dealer had equipment that could handle the oil plug that Theo's didn't, but Theo's wasn't able to mention the option of going to a dealer to me.
2) Also, when I picked up my ProMaster from Theo's, the check engine light was on. I started to go back in to ask about it, but then wondered if it had something to do with the oil change and their work there earlier that day. I don't think the check engine light was on before I took it in though, so it doesn't sound good to return it to me like that.
Recommendation "Yes" for cars/pickups, but "No" for vans.

Dave C.
08/22/2019
Hit or miss
5 stars for the hits and 0 stars for the misses comes to an average of 3 in general.

Misdiagnosed an expensive component (differential) that didn't seem quite right to me. Glad I held off and did not replace. 28,000 miles later, truck still running strong - there was no need to replace at that time. Everyone makes mistakes, I don't think it was due to maliciousness or incompetence, I just think they misdiagnosed.

On the bright side, they did a good job on the brakes and a few other little things, so overall, rating is mediochre.

TO
TERRELL O.
Jonesboro, GA
Dodge Dakota
06/10/2019
Lack of commication.
Theo's in the passed has done great work on my vehicle. I recently make an appointment for the troubleshooting of a problem. I drop my vehicle off after hours and put my vehicle information and keys in the Key Drop Box. I never heard from them that day and that was okay. When I went to pick up my vehicle that afternoon, I was told what the problem was and was given a verbal estimate and how long it would take to do the work (6 days.) The work would be completed by Monday the 10th of June. That meant I had to rent a car for ten days. The bottom line was, after calling, texting & e-mailing. I never did get a written estimate, and when I did find out what the real cost repair was it double what the verbal estimate was. I told them not to do the repair (it was more than the value of the vehicle.) If I had only known that on Monday June the 3rd. the car rental would only been for a couple days. I will let Theo's Automotive do my vehicle repairs in the future.
Theo K. from Theo's Automotive responded on 06/16/2019

Mr. Owens, I apologize for the lack of communication and that you feel this way. I am currently out of town - however, will be contacting my front office staff to address this with them. If there is anything you need in the future we will make sure to follow up with proper communication. Again, my apologies.

GP
GLENN P.
Fayetteville, GA
04/12/2019
Not sure at this time
I brought the car in looking for a mechanic I can stick with. I read reviews and felt good with selecting Theo's . I was texted and told my car was ready for pick up. I drove the car out the lot only to turn around with check engine light and a very rough idle....GLEN THE mechanic went back in and made a few adjustments and it seemed fine. I got about 5 miles away when my temperature gauge was near HOT.By the time I reached my home the dash RETURN OFF ENGINE CHECK COOLING... so the car is currently back at Theo's . I'm not sure what to say but had that car been test driven before contacting me and saying it was ready those errors would have surfaced to the mechanic immediately.....I have not given up on Theo's yet, I would like to think they will correct my situation and keep me as a customer as I have a few cars that need to be addressed for one reason or another....
Theo K. from Theo's Automotive responded on 05/22/2019

Mr. Press, I'm sorry to be getting back to this review so late. I hope that Glen, our shop manager, was able to work everything out and correct your situation. It was a pleasure meeting you and your family and I do hope that we will be able to continue to service your cars in the future. If there is anything that you feel was left unresolved please contact the office. We would LOVE to keep you as a customer.

SR
STUART R.
Land Rover LR3
11/07/2018
Concerns
I was not contacted to pick up vehicle when service was completed. The plastic guard over the intake was left unsecured. The vehicle has a coolant leak again (your last repair). Unsure if the oil change work contributed to this.
Theo K. from Theo's Automotive responded on 11/12/2018

Mr. Reagan,
My apologies on not being contacted when your oil change was complete. That was an oversight on my front office staff. As well as the plastic guard, that was careless and I will be speaking with the technician. In regards to the coolant leak, there were coolant related codes pulled, however, we pressure tested the system to find no leaks. We cleared the codes and drove your vehicle and they did not return. Of course if you have any further issues please feel free to contact our office.
Thank you.

Joel S.
Ford Police Interceptor
09/10/2018 Category: Service
Joel said the business took a whole day to perform an oil change. The office staff were not very helpful either.
Theo K. from Theo's Automotive responded on 09/27/2018

My apologies that you feel our office staff was unhelpful. For future reference, shall you choose to return, if you need your vehicle by a certain time we will do everything in our power to meet your needs. If we are not give a time frame, we assume we have the vehicle for the day. Again, my sincere apologies.

INFINITI G37 Coupe
09/01/2018
Very pleasant but...
Brought my car in due to malfunction in the back-up sonar system. Realizing that the error code can only be read by computer, I called ahead to verify that the shop had the proper equipment. I was advised that they did but was told when I picked up the car that their system can’t communicate with my car. Not sure why that would trigger a significant labor charge. I also had to call to see if the car was ready.

BF
Bill F.
Jaguar X-TYPE
08/22/2018 Category: Service
Bill said he would recommend this business for service, but the communication was lacking and the price was high.
Theo K. from Theo's Automotive responded on 08/23/2018

Mr. Fisher, I apologize that you feel the communication was lacking and we will be sure get with the front office team to ensure this does not continue!

CP
Cornelius P.
Atlanta, GA
GMC Envoy
07/20/2018 Category: Service
Cornelius said the work performed by this business was average. He is taking the vehicle back since he is still having issues.

PA
Pete A.
INFINITI G35 Coupe
06/15/2018 Category: Service
Pete said he recommends the business.
Theo K. from Theo's Automotive responded on 06/26/2018

Thank you Pete!

DO
Darryl O.
Chevrolet Traverse
11/07/2017 Category: Service
Darryl said the staff were friendly and they provided good service. However, they did not communicate as good as they should have. He had to call to get updates on his service.
Theo K. from Theo's Automotive responded on 11/10/2017

Mr. Darryl,
Thank you for your review, will look into it. We have standard steps we take regarding communications issues. I will find out what's happened with you.

BD
Bryan D.
09/06/2017 Category: Service
Bryan said the service on his vehicle was supposed to take 3 to 5 days and it ended up being 3 weeks.
Theo K. from Theo's Automotive responded on 09/27/2017

Mr. Bryan
Thank you for your review. Sorry for this long delay but as you know your problem was taken longer to fix than originally thought, and because of it and the amount of work we have booked has pushed the repairs of your vehicle behind.
We are trying very hard not to find ourselves in this situation again

FH
F.D. H.
06/11/2017
Clean Waiting Room
Receptionist worked my car in to have the battery changed. Reasonably got to it in about an hour. Finished installation of customer supplied special ordered battery in about 45 minutes. However, the technician did not use customer supplied computer memory settings saver which was a simple device that is inserted into the cigarette lighter plug and keeps power supplied to on board computer so it will maintain all stored computer controlled settings. This was evident by my car firing irregularly as I drove away until the computer reset the fuel mixture and my windows automatically activating moving up to half open position and automatic door locks switching settings. The dash clock was 45 minutes slow indicating it had been off that amount of time. My stereo system will currently not work as it is still in the onboard computer adjustment and settings screen. I called back to the receptionist and reported these issues and requested to bring the car back for the technician to finish his install and was told I could but would have to be worked in again. Seriously, immediate attention should have been offered especially since the work was not completed properly and they already had been paid. Aside from that, the waiting area was clean and pleasant. I've held off reporting this until now because it was not a big deal but after rethinking it, this is not what I expected from this business. Besides, I miss my stereo and radio. Also, the tech left a tool on the boot.
Theo K. from Theo's Automotive responded on 06/12/2017

Mr. F.D
The mechanic who worked on your car is nor here any longer ( he has been assigned in Europe for a year through the National Guard). So he is not here so I can ask him the details.
However I looked on your invoice and noticed that we have made some notations that the check engine light being ON as well as the ABS/BAS/ESP light being ON as well (which means there were issues) even before we replaced your own battery.
By him replacing your battery and not keeping the memory alive should have made no difference on how you vehicle runs afterwards of the battery replacement.
Your radio of course would have of course locked itself out, and the radio code needs to be entered to make it operational again.
Now if you don’t have the radio code we can help you with that, ( at no charge) but any other issues you might have, it has nothing to do with us.
And for your information by losing battery power on your vehicle all it happens is the PCM setting on the computer default to factory settings and by driving it for a little while it learns your driving patterns and adjust itself to it. The radio however would not work until you enter the 4 or 5 digit code.
Thank you and I am sorry we did not meet your expectations , Theo

PB
Paul B.
Fayetteville, GA
04/20/2017 Category: Service
Paul said he was very happy with the service. The business kept his vehicle overnight to test the water pump and never called to let him know when the test was done.

BO
Brad O.
Milner, GA
Volvo C30
03/07/2017 Category: Service
Brad said the quality of his service was good. However, he was not pleased with the amount of time it took to get his vehicle fixed.
Theo K. from Theo's Automotive responded on 03/22/2017

Brad,
Thank you very much your kind review.
Believe me we alwas try our best, sometime due circumstances we fail. Always try to improve .

DAVID R.
MINI Cooper
11/19/2016
Theos recognizes any mistake and then makes it right!
Theo's staff made sure everything was taken care of. I thought it was excellent that Theo himself, reached out to me and told me to contact him personally on my next visit. We are all human and it is t so much about making a mistake as it is what someone does after...Theos is first class!

11/19/2016
Not there very best this time...
First let me say that Theos is AWESOME and honest! But they are human too. I brought my car in due to some leaks that were identified as oil leaks. I also got an oil change and a break fluid flush/fill. You can imagine my surprise when I got my car back and after a spot check learned that they didn't top off the other fluids like they usually due....not a huge deal btw, but the principle of the thing as it is part of your oil service....sadly, I drove off the lot and found my car super vibrating.....I had a meeting and couldn't get the car back to them until the next day....note: it was NOT vibrating At all prior to the work done....I brought it back the next day to learn that apparently, my engine mount had broke off and this was the cause of the vibration issue....and was told that it was simply bad timing (yet was also told that when they test drove my car after the initial work, that all was fine ).... clearly it wasn't. I don't know enough about cars to understand if it was caused by the work they did - since it was not their specialty mechanic that worked on my car this time or if it really was a mere coincidence that it suddenly happened as I drove off their lot. Either way, I had to get a rental car and pay another $240 to get the car fixed. It runs excellent right now and is just like it was before the first repair. So right now I am pleased.

Everyone was super nice and I still have absolute faith in them as my repair shop....but this was not a 5 star visit for me this time. I will continue to bring my car in for service, but will definitely check better that all things are included and/or done correctly before leaving the lot.
Theo K. from Theo's Automotive responded on 11/23/2016

Mr. David,
Thank you very much for your review and I do appreciate your kind words. I am sorry the trouble you had with the issue with the busted motor mount. I assure you that we did nothing to create this problem however I completely understand your feeling and understanding about it.
I am sure we can make it up in the future, please talk to me on your next visit and I promise you I will make it good for you. Of Course 5 star reviews is what always are aiming for, but sometimes as you say we have to settle for 3.

TL
Travis L.
BMW 335i
11/19/2016 Category: Service
Travis said he called in advance, to come in for a state inspection during his lunch time. He still had to wait for an hour. He stated everyone there was nice, but he was there for 1.5 hours.
Theo K. from Theo's Automotive responded on 11/23/2016

Mr. Travis,
I am sorry for that long delay you are right you should not have waited that long. Normally it should not have taken more than 20 minutes unless sometimes we gat flagged from the state at random to perform equipment calibration and that of course will create an extra delay.
In any case if not happy with our services, please come back and I will refund you the inspection fee. Our aim is to keep you happy.
THEO

Daniel H.
Dodge Intrepid
09/23/2016 Category: Service
Daniel said this time the business kept his vehicle longer than anticipated without a phone call.
Theo K. from Theo's Automotive responded on 10/03/2016

Mr. Daniel,
Thank you for your review, I am sorry for that delay maybe long weekend or vacation staff issues had to do something to it.
Again thank you for your YES recommentation.

BE
BRIAN E.
Newnan, GA
06/10/2016
Long Wait
3 hours to get an alignment. The appointment was scheduled and early in the morning. Not good!
Theo K. from Theo's Automotive responded on 06/10/2016

Mr. Brian,
Thank you for your review, we are sorry for your long wait. We always try to do our best for all our customes but sometimes things are not working as planned, especialy in the summer. That is why we encourage our customers to leave their car here for a few hours rather than wait around. We promise to do better next time.
THEO

ED
Edward D.
Buick Roadmaster
08/17/2015 Category: Service
Edward said this business did not fix his vehicle right the first time. He had to take it back to them and they kept it for a couple of days. They told him to drive his vehicle and it will correct itself but it has not. He will have to take it back again but is waiting for a loaner vehicle. He knows they are trying to make it right but it is inconvenient.
Theo K. from Theo's Automotive responded on 08/18/2015

Mr. Edward
Your review is appreciated. I am sorry but we are trying to do our best to take care of your issue. We have a loaner car for you to use today. We will take care of your issue to your complete satisfaction. Thank you, Theo