JOANNE M.
Nissan Rogue
08/07/2019
Just moved here from NY and shocked that I was charged almost $70 for an oil change! Other than that, a nice and professional place but I will be getting my oil changed elsewhere.
Lew P., OWNER from Three Star Auto Service Inc responded on 09/18/2019

My apology for your disappointment Joanne.  Nissan's recommended oil for your vehicle is 0/20 full synthetic.  Being that your vehicle is new and still under manufacturers warranty I would not recommend using a lesser quality or grade oil.  Our oils meet or exceed manufactures specifications so it may cost more then shops that don't use a good quality oil and or oil filter.  Being that the oil is the life blood of your engine it would be wise not to skimp.

WT
WAYNE T.
Jaguar S-TYPE
07/12/2019
Diper service
As usual they went to your house Annabelle satisfying very happy with the repairs

JANET F.
01/18/2019
I am very pleased with the service..
I bring my car in for servicing every six months, This was one of thr very few times a problem was detected. Chris advised me and I had it taken care of in the timeframe he suggested.
Lew P., OWNER from Three Star Auto Service Inc responded on 02/07/2019

Thank you for your review and your business.  Glad you are satisfied with our service.

PR
PIERRE R.
11/25/2018
Busy
It seems to be getting very busy there. It took a full week to get an appointment for an oil change. Even then the car was not ready for pickup until after 6:30 P.M., even though we brought in the night before. You found items that should be repaired, but was too busy and it was too late in the day for you to give us an estimate of what it may cost. Lot was so full, it was difficult to find a spot to park the car. Glad your business is doing so well, but hope service doesn't take so long in the future.
Lew P., OWNER from Three Star Auto Service Inc responded on 12/05/2018

Hello Pierre,  thank you for your feedback.  Being a busy shop would be a good sign you are coming to the right place ;).  We will strive to make it better for all.

Toyota Tundra 4WD Truck
11/21/2018
Very Dissappoined
I was charged $120 to tow my truck 2 miles to the shop. I never before was charged to tow to a shop where work was being done. This was not communicated to me beforehand. The cost was significantly higher than the price quoted from a Toyota dealership. I will not use them anymore.
Lew P., OWNER from Three Star Auto Service Inc responded on 12/05/2018

We are sorry you feel that way.  Towing companys make money towing that is why they are in business.  AAA and other road side assistance menbership programs are there for you to purchase.

PG
Parameswa G.
Plainsboro, NJ
09/10/2018 Category: Service
Parameswa said the service was good. However, the facility replaced a part that he thought was unnecessary.
Lew P., OWNER from Three Star Auto Service Inc responded on 09/14/2018

Mr. G.,
The car accident you had severely damaged the right side of your vehicle (blown-out tire, bent rim, bent control arm beyond repair).  As stated & shown to you, the vehicle was not able to be put back into allignment without replacement of those parts.  The alignment machine is accurate.  We advised you of needed repairs, and ultimately it is your choice whether to have repairs made or not.  The parts replaced were necesssay to put your vehicle back into safe driving condition.  Please be assured we only changed what was necessary.

HK
HOWARD K.
09/08/2018
Nice job
Very organized. Just wish that your labor rate was less than the dealer.
Lew P., OWNER from Three Star Auto Service Inc responded on 09/10/2018

Howard,
Thank you for your response.  Please note our hourly rate is less than the dealer's rate and keep in mind our warranty is better. We are here for you if you need.  Thank you,

CL
C L.
Jamesburg, NJ
06/12/2018
Too expensive & not clean repair job
I am a first time customer and also the last time customer at the Three Star Auto Service. For replacing a small part, less then $40, Christ charged me 6 times of the part cost with an invoice without hours and hourly rate. So expensive!
The repair job was not clean. My CD box cover in the trunk was removed to under the driver seat and not returned to the original place. My trunk was a mess after the repair.
In addition, Chris quoted me $115 for oil change - the most expensive oil change quotation I ever received.
On Tue., 6/12/2018, the owner of the Three Star Auto Service, Inc. Lew called me and admitted the facts stated above, then said:"There are more positive reviews about our repair service. Your review doesn't count."
No wonder, why my friends living in Monroe for more than 10 years have not recommend me the repair services of the Three Star Auto Service, Inc.
I will also not recommend any customer and any friend the Three Star Auto Service.
Lew P., OWNER from Three Star Auto Service Inc responded on 06/12/2018

Carin,
To reiterate my phone call to you this morning, the repairs made to your Mercedes electrical system where involved and detailed, therefore, took time to diagnosis and repair.  You were given an estimate before the repairs were started and you gave approval to move forward.  Please feel free to call me if you have any further questions. Thank you.

CL
C L.
Jamesburg, NJ
06/11/2018
Too expensive and not clean repair job
No wonder, why my friends living in Monroe for more than 10 years not recommend me the repair services of the Three Star Auto Service.

TA
TOM A.
Subaru Impreza
12/07/2019
Courteous, thorough, on time
When we moved to NJ, we left a wonderful mechanic and thought it would take a while to find another good one near our new home. We were pleasantly surprised to find one right down the street. Three Star has done a wonderful job with all our cars even when we have brought some complicated car issues to them. When we bring them in for routine maintenance, they also check all the systems to make sure they are working properly. With the complexity of today's cars this is reassuring. We are always treated well and with respect. I have had many opportunities to observe how others with more difficult issues are handled while I sat in the waiting area. They seem to bend over backwards to address the customer's concerns. They will tell you if what you want done is really needed. It is refreshing that they do not try to "pad the bill".
Three Star uses the internet well to keep the customers informed. I like the ability to make appointments through their portal. We are very happy to have Three Star as a neighbor.

SK
SUE K.
Freehold, NJ
12/06/2019
Great Emergency Service!
I was driving hoe from work in the rain, and my wiper blade broke off, leaving me unable to continue my drive home. As luck would have it it happened right near Three Star Auto Sevice. I pulled in and asked the gas attendant if he could help, and DJ from the repair shop was walking by. He said he could do it, but then realized the blade was broke. He said they had replacements in the shop and he could put them on. Within 20 minutes I was out of there, with 2 new blades. The service could not have been better! Thanks guys!

MARRIA M.
Excellent service!
The owner and all the workers are very courteous. They answer all your questions.

JN
JOHN N.
Thanks Chris
Thanks Chris

AT
ANTHONY T.
Volkswagen Tiguan
Professionalism
The professional service and courteous staff provide a comfortable experience. The feeling that I have on each and every visit, is that of confidence, knowing that Lew and his highly trained technicians will not only diagnose any problem, but will explain the situation. They will not attempt to “up sell” or replace components that are otherwise in working order. “They aren’t out to rip you off!”

AR
ANNA R.
11/26/2019
Courteous, professional, & satisfying service
I’ve been a repeat customer- not because the job wasn’t done right, but because when my car needs attention, I know they will do good and honest work. Chris is an excellent and knowledgeable mechanic, and he takes time to explain and advise. I’m very satisfied!
Lew P., OWNER from Three Star Auto Service Inc responded on 11/27/2019

Thank you Anna for your kind review and your loyalty to us.  We are always here should you need anything.

LK
Lois K.
Toyota Yaris
11/26/2019 Category: Service
Lois said Chris has been very responsive to what she wants.
Lew P., OWNER from Three Star Auto Service Inc responded on 11/27/2019

Thank you for your review.  Chris is one of my best!

ER
Erika R.
INFINITI G20
11/25/2019 Category: Service
Erika said this business is really good. She said she is satisfied.
Lew P., OWNER from Three Star Auto Service Inc responded on 11/27/2019

Thank your for your trust in us.  Appreciate your taking the time for this review.

SG
STEVE G.
South Amboy, NJ
Nissan Versa
11/22/2019
Always great!
Something you don't hear a lot in the auto repair business... You can trust these guys! They are very fair, and offer a AAA discount, among others.

CHUCK B.
11/21/2019
Tires and a oil change
Did a fine job, timely as well
Lew P., OWNER from Three Star Auto Service Inc responded on 11/27/2019

Thank you very much for your kind review.  Appreciate your trust in us.

BW
BEVERLY W.
Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class
11/19/2019
Beverly
No nonsense. Excellent service. Very courteous Finished in a timely manner.
Lew P., OWNER from Three Star Auto Service Inc responded on 11/27/2019

Thank you for your kind review.  We appreciate your loyalty and trust in us.  Always here should you need anything.