Overall Rating 4.07/5Overall Rating 4.07/5Overall Rating 4.07/5Overall Rating 4.07/5rating 4.07
4.1

TIM G.
Minneapolis, MN
01/02/2015
long wait
Had a noon apt. for oil change and wasn't done until 1:30. Mgr did comp me a fee oil change for next time though so that was good
Matt J., President- Operations from Lexington Tires Plus responded on 01/19/2015

Tim,

I am sorry your oil change ran late.  I am glad to hear that the manager tried to correct the situation.  Please let us know if there is anything more you feel we can do to make up for the long wait.

Thanks,

Matt Johnson
President- Operations

AMENTI S.
Nissan Pathfinder
09/30/2014
Not happy
I was so disappointed by the services. I tested this place and sent so many of my neighbors and friends. I rejected Discount Tire, Fleet Farm, and Walmart for my tire need and went straight to this place but felt so bad after the horrible service I have received. How come a mechanic over inflate two of my front tires? I had such a scary driving experience with three kids (age between 4 – 12) when my truck was pulling me to the left or to the right depending on the curve or ramp I was. I never knew that it was tire related till the Tire Plus manager told me that the tire was extremely over inflated. I spent over $700.00 to get these tires and run out of the thread right after the tire was over inflated. Very sad service!
Matt J., President- Operations from Lexington Tires Plus responded on 10/03/2014

Amenti,

I am sorry you have not been able to return my calls and that you were not satisfied with the service you received.  I feel John, the store manager went above and beyond what was to be expected in applying significant warranty credit to your tire purchase for premature wear, when they were not even purchased with us and, as you saw, did not come with any treadlife warranty from the manufacturer.  This was done purely as a customer satisfaction gesture because you have used us 3 times for oil changes over the past 4 years.  I understand that the tires were over-inflated when you came to our store, but your las service with us was 10 months and over 13,000 miles ago.  I still do not believe that the veteran technician who changed your oil last year, over-inflated the tires and no one else adjusted them since.  As John explained, your tires should be rotated and your alignment checked regularly to assure proper tire wear.  This is particularly important off-road tires such as those we removed.  As you saw, your two front tires were very edgeworn, while the rear tires were in good shape.  I hope you are much happier with the new tires and would still like to discuss the issue with you.

Matt Johnson
President- Operations

CJ
CRAIG J.
Circle Pines, MN
09/12/2014
No confidence in TP
I had to return to the shop the next day because oil was leaking from the car. The manager fixed the problem but should have offered a discount on the next oil change. My driveway was full of oil and this took extra time for me to run back and forth, not to mention a bit of frustration.

This was the first time I returned to Tires Plus in over five years. I left because I did not have confidence that my car would be take care of by a professional. While the managers were respectful and courteous, I am left with my old impression: Tires Plus does not necessarily provide professional car care. Do you technicians know how to properly take care of cars? In my case, the leak was really uncalled for.

And yes, the manager should have offered a discount for the next oil change? Will I return, right now I don't feel good about Tires Plus.

PH
PAUL H.
Circle Pines, MN
Mitsubishi Galant
08/15/2014
Franchise and corporate stores need to get it together.
I had a flat tire on Monday and went to the Spring Lake Park Tires Plus. They told me the tire was wrecked and I needed a new tire, but they did not carry that brand. When I asked why, I was told the place I bought those was a franchise store, not a corporate store.i was told to return to the store in Circle Pines where I bought the tire. I fell in line behind all the other people there, which resulted in me delaying a trip until the next day. So, why couldn't the first store send someone over to the second store to pick up a tire and put it on there? This one baffles me.

FL
FLETCHER L.
Saint Paul, MN
Dodge Sprinter
03/05/2014
wrong charge
I was recently in to have my dodge ram 2500 looked at. It was towed there after not being able to start. I was told it was the battery and had a new one put in. Two days later it died again, much further from your location. I paid extra to have it towed there again. I was told I would not be charged for diagnostic as I was told everything was working fine. There was some loose electrical work handled and I was told to come up and get the vehicle and that they werent sure they had the problem fixed but that I could "give it a try". I then showed up and paid my bill and left. I realized after the fact that I was charged for the diagnosis of the electrical problem which I was told I would not be. I have been going to this location for at least ten years and have had probably 6 or7 different vehicles there between my truck/work vehicle/wife's car but after this last round of being charged when I was told I wouldn't, and apparently not having any idea if the problem was fixed or not, I'm not sure how quickly I will be back.
Marty K. from Lexington Tires Plus responded on 03/19/2014

Mr. Lewis,
It was a pleasure talking to you today.  I am glad we were able to get your concern taken care of and look forward to continuing to be your tire and service provider.
Thanks again,