Overall Rating 4.1/5Overall Rating 4.1/5Overall Rating 4.1/5Overall Rating 4.1/5Overall Rating 4.1/5
4.1

HL
Heidi L.
11/12/2017
Very bad customer service and rude
I went into the store today needing a tire to be repaired he proceeded to complain about how many other vehicles he had to work on I asked him to come look at it the vehicle to see if he could repair the tire he didn't even walk out to the vehicle with me. He complain some more about all the vehicles he said he didn't have time and this was the manager of the store. You would think he could take 15 minutes out of his day to repair a tire there is a possibility I could have wanted to buy more tires from him in the future but he didn't give a crap take a few minutes out of his busy day. This is the second time that I've been treated like this at this location highly recommend never going to this place again.

Rileymama R.
06/09/2017
**** show!
Called to see if they had time to do an oil change. David said yes, running on time no problem! Got there 10 min later and mike told me it would have been nice if I would have made an appointment. I told him I just called and what I was told. He started audibly " huffing" at me. I asked if I could get synthetic oil and he said it would be $40 plus he could give me a rebate for $10. I told him I would be back when I finished grocery shopping. When I finished shopping I called. Hadn't even made it into the shop. He said I should have made an appointment. WHAT??? He said he would rush it. 2 hours later he called. Has to get a ride. Asked if he would give me a discount for the misinformation. Huffed again. He said no. Mike you need a vacation or a drink. Maybe both. Horrible customer service!!

DN
Daniel N.
Minneapolis, MN
02/11/2017
Tire service.
Went in on 2/10/17 for a screw in my tire told man there screw in tire maybe I would not need plug put in sometimes they don't leak when u pull out he said you need to plug $21.00 well they pulled it in and guy came in and said did not leak so I said no charge for that? He said there would be a service charge I was thinking maybe $8 or nothing at all he charged the $21 receipt said repaired tire they did not put plug in or do any service I will never go to a tires plus again they should have just sent me on my way and I would have been a solid customer.

Jay P.
10/29/2016
Avoid at all cost!!!
Had a full brand new set of tires installed on my car. Went 3 miles down the road and my low tire light comes on. Took it back and they told me they cant look at it til the next day. Tire went flat in the back and the next day they still didnt get to it and proceeded to tell me that I probably ran over a nail and it should cost that much. As of now...2 days later still no word on what the problem is. Do not go here. They are idiots!

SL
SCOTT / LISA L.
Chevrolet Silverado
06/24/2016
Tire Repair
I went in for a tire patch and spent 3 additional visits at over an hour each to get a wheel sensor replaced that was not reading after the repair. The last visit took 2 hours to replace.

JIM/ BERNICE P.
05/18/2016
Customer experience
I believe it was Brandon behind the counter. This was the first time in all the yrs I have been a customer I was treated rudely. Maybe Brandon was having a bad day but he needs some serious coaching. Even a smile would be nice. Let's hope next time goes better
Wayne K., President of Retail Operations from Lexington Tires Plus responded on 05/21/2016

Jim,
Thank you for taking the time to discuss this with me.   I have spoken to Brandon and used it as a education moment.   We always want to be helpful with all of our guests and need to hear when we are not performing at oour best.

JOHN/CLAUDIA F.

RANDY AND TERI G.
Blaine, MN
Chevrolet HHR
04/23/2016
I had an appointment for an oil change and tire rotation and it was stated to me that it would be an hour and a half wait. Not even close to the service I expected.

TD
TIM D.
Chevrolet Avalanche
03/19/2016
Charges like a dealership
$68.00 to fix a tire is ridiculous!! I will never go there again
Wayne K., President of Retail Operations from Lexington Tires Plus responded on 03/21/2016

We are certainly sorry to hear you feel this way, however it feels unfair to rate us in this way.   $68 for a flat would be excessive, but you asked us to install your own tire pressure monitor which requires a reprogram.   These charges were made clear before we did the service you requested.   We repaired your tire, installed your TPMS, balanced it, and reprogrammed it.

TG
TIM G.
Minneapolis, MN
11/10/2015
Oversell
Went in for oil change which they did but said one of my front wheel bearings as and gave and estimate of $340 to fix. Brought the car to a mechanic freind who told me there was nothing wrong with the bearing. Will not trust them for anything again
Marty K. from Lexington Tires Plus responded on 11/11/2015

Please call and schedule a time to bring the vehicle back in so we can show you what we saw with the bearing. We do not recommend unnecessary repairs and would be happy to show you the problem.

Thanks,
Marty Koenning
Lexington Tires Plus

BP
BRIAN/STEPHANIE P.
Lino Lakes, MN
10/26/2015
90 minute oil change
I have been using this location for many years, but I am now in search of a new service provider. Seems to be constrant turn over at the front desk these days, this spring my brakes were making noise- Its the front brakes it was determined- still make noise after that, so next time, oh, its the rears, so replace the rears, still makes nosie, everyone there is perplexed. Its a Nissan Altima, you must have seen one before? To this day still make noise. Last week, I make an APPOINTMENT for 10:00 oil change. Car sat for about an hour before it was brought in. 90 minutes for and oil change when I had an APPOINTMENT!!! Appointments don't fit well with how you schedule your work? don't take appointments. You have seen the last of us. We are off to somewhere who cares about its customers.
Marty K. from Lexington Tires Plus responded on 11/23/2015

We do appreciate your long term loyalty. An appointment for an oil change should be done in an hour. We apologize for not living up to that. It should be noted , however, that we did spend extra time trying to find that brake noise. Thanks for your feedback. Give us another try and I am sure we will do better.

DE
DENNIS E.
Kia Sorento
08/31/2015
For the second time integrity lacking
Suggested much higher repairs then were required.
Gave sinthetic oil when I didn't request it.

GW
Grace W.
08/30/2015
DO NOT GO TO THIS LOCATION!!!
I left my car at the Lexington, Blaine location in the morning for a 2 o'clock schedule, came back at 4 and the car wasn't done. I waited another hour only to go back to a bogus receipt that said my car was serviced for an oil change when that wasn't the reason I took my car in for in the first place. The manager compounded to this experience by lying that the receipt was for a Grace Akendo who took in the same kind of car for repair. That is my maiden name so there wasn't another Grace with the same kind of car!!! I demanded a refund, which I got because they knew they did not work on my car. Secondly, my husband took his car in to replace a bulb and that wasn't done either. The same night his bulb was supposedly changed by this location, he was stopped by cops for a broken taillight. We have the old bulb to prove that it wasn't changed. Very bad service and I would NEVER take my car their again

AP
ANDY P.
Buick Lucerne
07/31/2015
Always seems to be an extra cost
Every time I go here, they always try to sell me on additional work I need done. The last two times, they have told me that my rim needs work and will be an additional $100+ each time.

I have no way to know if the repairs are real or not...I can't fix them myself, so I'm at their mercy...but this last time they told me the rim would need to be sent out for repairs and it might take 24 hrs or more. Then in an hour, they called and said my car was done. Kind of tells me they didn't really send my rim anywhere. They always get my car back on the road, but almost always at a higher cost than anyone else, so I only use them when I am desperate.

KARI S.
05/14/2015
New rear tires and alignment
I purchased 2 rear tires due to really bad rear end alignment. I have a lifetime alignment with TP and figured I would get the rear tires replaced as the bad alignment had ruined them. I explained what my timing was that day as I was moving my son. I was told it wouldn't take too long. When I called an hour and a half later they said they had a guy making his second run to White Bear because he got the wrong tires the first time. In rush hour traffic there was no telling how long it would be. Then I was told when I picked up the car that the alignment couldn't be fixed due to ware on other parts (so now I get to ruin another pair of tires?). I should have been called about whether or not I wanted the tires when they found out about the alignment. To top things off, my new tire was flat the 2 days later when I went out to go somewhere. When I called them they said I had to bring the tire back to them to fix (they knew I lived in Hopkins). Lucky for me there is a TP of the corporate version just around the corner. They came over, put air in the flat tire and then repaired it while I walked over to get my fishing license. They also made a great effort to adjust my rear alignment and though I still need the rear axle work done, I won't be ruining my new tires.