Overall Rating 2.0/5Overall Rating 2.0/5rating 2.0rating 2.0rating 2.0

Shawn W.
Pontiac Grand Prix
09/29/2017 Category: Service
Shawn said his ignition does not turn all the way off and he will be bringing the vehicle back so the staff can take a look at it.
Tareq A. from TNA Auto Repair responded on 10/02/2017

CUSTOMER CAME TO US WITH A ENGINE MISFIRE PROBLEM, WE INFORMED CUSTOMER THAT THE IGNITION MODULE IS SHORTED AND THAT TO FIX THE MISFIRE WE WOULD HAVE TO REPLACE IT.THE IGNITION MODULE IS PART OF THE ENGINE IGNITION AND DOES NOT HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH THE IGNITION KEY LOCK CYLINDER. I EXPLAINED TO CUSTOMER THAT THE PROBLEM WITH THE KEY IS A COMPLETELY DIFFERENT PROBLEM AND THAT WE ONLY WORKED ON THE MISFIRE PROBLEM, AND THAT WE WOULD BE MORE THAN HAPPY TO LOOK AT THE OTHER ISSUE. SOMEWHERE IN THE EXPLANATION WE HAD SO MISCOMMUNICATION AND OR MISUNDERSTANDING AND WE WOULD NOT HAVE A PROBLEM CHECKING IT OUT FOR HIM

AF
Adam F.
Suzuki Forenza
06/25/2016
Putting the breaks on our services instead of our car
Very dissatisfied and disappointed with the last service job performed.

It took 2 days to get just breaks changed, which is crazy compared to other companies who specialize in breaks.
The whole reason we took our car to TNA Auto versus a competitor (for the breaks) was because of a full-service car cleaning that was owed from a prior service our car received from TNA Auto. Not only did our car not get cleaned (again), but even our headlight was not re-adjusted as asked, after becoming cockeyed from the headlights getting changed there.

The job quotes did not match the final price, nor were we warned that the service was not included in the quote.
We feel as though we ended up paying more than we needed too, and we were lead to believe that the job was to be completed a lot sooner then it ended up taking to complete, especially since we were called before 9am the second day, and the job didn't even begin to get started on until somewhere around 4:30-ish; we stopped by at 5pm to check on the status on our way home, and they had only begun to finish on the front of our breaks and had not yet started let alone complete the rear breaks.
We were even further inconvenienced upon car pickup and job completion when the mechanic told my husband at 5pm that they should get the job completed in time, but not how long it would take to gauge if we should stay or head back home (we had 3 cranky kids in the truck we were borrowing for our appointment) only to get a call not even 30 min later that the job was completed right as we arrived home. We had to then head back in hopes of making it in time before they closed at 6pm, since my husband needs the car for work.

We will not continue taking our vehicles to become serviced at TNA Auto for either our car nor truck. We will instead be taking our business elsewhere, and discontinue giving out referrals for other people to take their cars there for service.

SG
STEVE G.
Volkswagen Vanagon
02/22/2016
Vanagon / Subaru Hard Start when cold.
The problem is still going on sure hope you can fix it otherwise I am out a $1000 dollars I will call you soon.
SocialCRM from TNA Auto Repair responded on 04/04/2016

Steve,

Sorry for the inconvenience. Please stop by the shop at your earliest convenience so we can assess the situation with your Vanagon. Thank you!

SD
SELENA D.
11/25/2015
Didn't check code for check engine light, tried to get me to pay $5k for unnecessary work, implied car was dangerous
Felt cheated and lied too. Cannot believe how egregious the attempt was to have me spend $5k on utterly unnecessary work.
Tareq A. from TNA Auto Repair responded on 12/08/2015

TNA Auto Repair told Selena that her Subaru Outback's head gasket needed to be replaced because of major leaks, the A/C compressor was completely frozen and seized and also slightly melted. She declined all services, and also declined our offer to put her vehicle on a lift and show her. After this review, we called Selena and she told us she thought we were lying about the needed repairs. We advised her to take the vehicle to a Subaru dealer, and if the dealer said the repairs were not necessary, we would refund the inspection cost. Selena has yet to take us up on this offer.

AA
Alemayehll A.
Ford Crown Victoria
07/15/2015 Category: Service
Alemayehll said he is a taxi driver and took his vehicle to the business to repair the transmission. He was told the problem was not the transmission but the brakes which he told them were brand new. His appointment was set at 8:00 am and the repairs were not done until 10:00 am and he paid $200 dollars for the service. Two hours is too long to wait for someone who works as a taxi driver and the business should provide service on time. They should listen to the customer and not do as they please because when he took his vehicle to another business, he was told the problem was indeed the transmission and not the brakes. The second business he visited was able to fix the transmission. He would not recommend this business because of the experience.
Tareq A. from TNA Auto Repair responded on 07/16/2015

when this green cab vehicle arrived there where no brakes--the front brakes where metal to metal and the rotors where showing the venting braces so the car could not be driven until it was safe to do so after installing the brakes on the vehicle which takes about 2 hours the customer declined any further service saying he had to go and make money with that said services where stopped and customer paid his invoice and left our location we had no time to diag the transmission or other safety concerns on vehicle. .....the driver of this cab  wanted to leave without doing the brakes but we refused to release the vehicle for the saftety of green cabs customer........thank you for your patronage.

JONTHAN F.
Chevrolet Astro
07/14/2015
Poor communication, poor service, requesting a refund
I called TNA to inquire about getting my van looked at because of a rattling noise coming from the engine. I was told a check up would be around $47. I brought the van in and got a call back the next day and was told that the van needed an engine rebuild due to a rod knock that could run $5k or more but that they needed to look further, I declined. I arrived to pick up the van, the front desk guy was quite unfriendly gave no useful information, nothing. I got in the van to go and the lights were left on and the battery was dead I also noticed that the dog house in the van was never removed due to a piece of tape I placed on housing and interior. Guy assured me they took off the dog house. This is a lie. The receipt had no useful information except that I didn't pass deq wich the guys must have picked up from a loose paper in the van. A week later after many hours of research and a full days of running around to shops to find the best price on a rebuild I took the van to a mechanic who in less than 30 seconds told me the van needed a new flex plate and that there was no rod knock. The mechanic replaced the flex plate and the van is now running great, no problems, have taken two road trips since.

In short TNA service was poor, the additides were poor, communication was poor, I was lied to, TNA did no (zero) physical checks on the van other than a test drive. I was charged for nothing to learn nothing. I am unhappy and I would like a refund, I arrived a few weeks later to the shop to ask for a refund and the front desk guy was yet again unpleasant and provided zero customer service. More right ups on my online sites to come unless I am provided wit a refund.

-Jonathan Fessler
Phone: (503)830-0069
Tareq A. from TNA Auto Repair responded on 07/16/2015

the customer dropped the vehicle off with a major knocking noise from the motor area after the mechanic test drove the vehicle around the block and checked all fluids and visually inspected and listened to the motor it was determined that a deeper investigation of the motor was required at that time we called the customer and advised him of the price for the time required for diagnostics he advised that he did not have the budget for the work and since he just purchased the van he was just going to sell it he also asked if it was a motor how much the repair would be and he was given quotes on a used motor and a new motor with such an old van the cost of the possible repair the customer advised us the van wasnt worth it that he only paid $1600.00 for the car and he picked it up. we wanted to dig further to pin point the noise but again the customer declined due to his budget.

AF
Andrew F.
Honda Accord
07/23/2014 Category: Service
Andrew said the manager, Paul okayed a repair $800 more than he intended to spend. He said he felt Paul was very defensive when he came in. He said his vehicle did not start after the repairs. He was not happy with this experience like he had been in the past. He said business is a good operation and he supports the operation, but he was not happy with how the last visit was handled.
Tareq A. from TNA Auto Repair responded on 08/13/2014

Andrew we do apoligize about your last experience at TNA auto and the misunderstanding about the repairs. You stated the ignition issue had been occuring for some time prior to this service so we replaced the ignition wiring harness for free.

John S.
Volkswagen Vanagon
06/25/2014
Upselling?
TNA told me I needed new shocks. I took it elsewhere and they said the shocks are fine. This was a $600 job they said I needed to do but I really don't.

ES
Edward S.
Mitsubishi Mirage
06/23/2014 Category: Service
Edward said the business wanted to charge him $4,000 to fix a cracked manifold and other issues. He took it to another facility where they told him he did not have a cracked manifold and all the other issues would only cost him $300. He would not recommend this business to others.