Overall Rating 2.0/5Overall Rating 2.0/5rating 2.0rating 2.0rating 2.0

EE
EVAN E.
Toyota Van
06/26/2017
Disorganized and Disconnected from Customers!
This was really a terrible experience I have to say. I have terrific mechanics we use for our other two cars and thought we would try these guys for a vintage Toyota van we bought. I asked them to diagnose a steering problem, which they did. I also had them do a safety inspection, which they did, but they did not communicate any of their findings, but rather listed the issues on a sheet they slipped in with my bill for the steering repair. Several things on the list were critical and they clearly didn't give a crap about making sure I was aware. Not only is that bad business - I would have had them fix a bunch of the stuff they found - but it also go against why you do a frickin safety inspection in the first place. NEVER AGAIN

SAM W.
Ford Club Wagon
03/13/2017
A Job Well Done // Communication
After discussing the previous repair with Tareq and the TNA crew, we established there was a miscommunication and hasty judgement; then they graciously offered to help us out. Outlook as been healed, and we continue to love and support TNA. Best price for premium service in town!

03/13/2017
Got the work done quickly // Left our vehicle a mess
TNA Auto inspected a leak on a van they have worked on for almost a decade, and repaired a malfunctioning part in the steering column. While thus far the repair seems good, the van was returned with the back seatbelt totally detached and grease stains all over the roof. I called the same day to articulate and didn't feel like I was accommodated properly. No discount offered on future work or much proactive action at all. This made us less interested in bringing our vehicle to TNA again. It came a cross as a lazy job and resulted in additional work for us re-installing the seatbelt and cleaning the van.
Tareq A. from TNA Auto Repair responded on 03/14/2017

We thank you for your feedback our customers are very important to us and making sure we do the best job possible. We appreciate that you brought the van back to us to make sure that we can do everything that we can to keep you a happy customer and finish and repair to your satisfaction. We take pride in all our work and take pride in all our customers and do everything we can to keep our customers happy and satisfied.

Kimberly M.
Vancouver, WA
07/27/2016 Category: Service
Kimberly said she went in for an estimate and they charged her for the estimate. She mentioned she has been there before and has not been charged, so she thought that was odd.

TR
Terenthian R.
Oregon City, OR
Lincoln Town Car
06/29/2016 Category: Service
Terenthian said the price this business quoted him for an easy fix was too high and crazy.
Tareq A. from TNA Auto Repair responded on 07/01/2016

CUSTOMER CAME TO SHOP AND TOLD US AFTER GOING TO A BATTERY AND ALTERNATOR SHOP FOR A DEAD BATTERY. THEY TOLD HIM HE NEEDED A NEW ALTERNATOR, AFTER REPLACING THE ALTERNATOR THREE TIMES HE SAID THAT THEY TOLD HIM HE NEEDED TO GO TO THE DEALERSHIP THE HAVE HIS COMPUTER RESET TO FIX THE PROBLEM.
WHEN WE GO UNDER THE HOOD OF THE CAR WE NOTICED THAT THEIR WERE RANDOM WIRE ALL OVER ON BOTH SIDES OF THE ENGINE COMPARTMENT, AND SOME COMING OUT OF THE FUSE BOX. THE GROUND WIRE FOR THE ALTERNATOR WAS A SINGLE 14 GAGE WIER THAT WAS ATTACHED TO NEGATIVE TERMINAL OF THE BATTERY TO ONE OF THE ALTERNATOR HOUSING BOLTS. THE TEMP SENSOR WAS UNPLUGGED SO CAR STARTED OVER HEATING. WIRES UNDER THE DASH WERE ALLIGATOR CLIPPED TOGETHER.
WE TOLD HIM WE WOLD NEED AT LEAST 4 HOURS TO REWIRE EVERYTHING AND GET THE CHARGING SYSTEM TO WORK PROPERLY AND HE DID NOT WANT US TO DO THE WORK. ALSO WE HAD HIM LEAVE HIS CAR OVER NIGHT TO CHARGE THE BATTERY SO HE COULD GET IT HOME ONE OF THE TECHS HERE EVEN GAVE HIM A RIDE HOME THAT NIGHT. IT REALLY SEEMED TO ME HE ALREADY HAD KNOWLEDGE OF WHAT WAS WRONG AND WAS JUST LOOKING TO FIX THE CAR FOR FREE. IF YOU LIVE IN MILLWAKEE WHY WOULD YOU COME ALL THE WAY INTO NORTH PORTLAND TO GET YOUR CAR LOOKED AT KNOWING THE ALTERNATOR WAS NOT CHARGING.
WE SHOWED HIM COURTESY AND COMPASSION AND FOUND THE FIX. NEVER SAID WE WOULDN'T FIX IT FOR HIM, JUST NOT FOR FREE.

AW
ANDREA W.
Subaru Legacy
03/28/2016
Customer Service Lacking
I have been bringing my car to TNA for a few years and this experience was disappointing. I'm not sure if the management has changed, but the customer service sure did. Previously, there had been someone in the main office who would explain what was going to happen with my car and talk through things with me. This time, I felt that I had a rushed mechanic who talked through things very fast and in mechanic language. My car needed to be kept an extra day and while given a loaner, it was a pretty sketchy car. Lastly, when I did get my car back, there had been no interior or exterior cleaning, which is a service I've received in the past. I assume all the work that I paid for was done, but I don't have the same confidence that I did based on the lack of patience to explain things to me. Customer quality just wasn't there on this visit.
Tareq A. from TNA Auto Repair responded on 04/05/2016

HI ANDREA,

SORRY TO HEAR THAT, PLEASE COME BY AT YOUR EARLIEST CONVIENCE AND WE WILL PERFORM A FULL VEHICLE DETAIL NO CHARGE AT ALL. IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS REGARDING YOUR SERVICE PLEASE GIVE ME A CALL.

Darryl W.
Mercedes-Benz C240
06/29/2015 Category: Service
Darryl said he had to bring his vehicle back to this business three times because they did not fix the dashboard correctly. Everything they were supposed to do went wrong. They did not tell him they would paint the dashboard and they did not get the consul. They did the best they could. He is not thrilled that his dashboard was in good condition, but now it is in worse condition. He will not be dealing with them again and they messed up badly. He would not recommend them over the reasons already mentioned.

SAMSON S.
Dodge Ram Van
04/15/2015
Nice and fast service but part was expensive compared to other shops
The service was friendly, and efficient (got my van done an hour early!) but the bill was a larger chunk out of my wallet than I would have liked. Everywhere I have looked, a throttle position sensor ranged from $35-60. I was charged $99!

Charles H.
Oregon
Subaru Legacy
06/21/2014 Category: Service
Charles said this business is his favorite place. Tark is very good and he has been getting serviced by him for the past seven years. Tark was on vacation when he received his last service so a new gentleman helped him. He was not very happy with the service. He could have gotten the part and paid 3 times less somewhere else. Tark knows him well and always provides him with excellent service. He is happy with his vehicle, it looks perfect.
Tareq A. from TNA Auto Repair responded on 08/13/2014

Charles i checked the pricing on the part and it was accurate, when replacing fuel pumps it is always best to use original equipment. We have used after market fuel pumps in the past with with a high return rate for failure. Due to that factor we dont go with the cheaper / low quality part we use the best we can get at a fair price. We value you as a customer and on a future visit i would like to offer you a 5% discount on any vehicle repair.