Overall Rating 1.3333333/5rating 1.3333333rating 1.3333333rating 1.3333333rating 1.3333333

JOSEPH C.
Honda Fit
08/09/2018 Category: Service
Worst Oil change experience ever!
Contact me if you want to know!

STEVE B.
08/06/2018 Category: Service
Not done on time and scratched my wheel.
I made an appointment for an oil change and tire rotation, dropped it off at the set time, and said I would be back in 1 1/2 hrs.,
when I got back they hadn't even started it yet. Then when they were rotating the tires they scratched the paint on one of my wheels, so now I have to make another trip back and leave my car there so they can get the wheel fixed. What a hassle for a simple oil change, they didn't charge me anything, and I would really be upset if they would have. They said they were really overloaded with customers that didn't have appointments, so why did I get pushed back when I did have an appointment??
Ethan W., Fix Op Director from Tonkin Gresham Honda responded on 08/07/2018

We apologized profusely and assured that we will repair the scratch in the wheel. Sometimes you fall short. We did in this instance. Corrections have been made to reduce the chances of this happening again.
Ethan Woehl
Parts and Service Director
Gresham Honda

Sandy, OR
06/17/2018 Category: Sales
I thought it was awesome experience! The people there were great especially Simon and Josh! They cared about me as customer, what I wanted and needed in a car, and my warranty! They are great people and I would recommend anyone to go there and have Simon help them because he is the man!
Heather M. from Tonkin Gresham Honda responded on 06/18/2018

By your reaction of how happy you were I believe you may have not scored us the way you meant to! I can send you a link to rescore.  5 stars is the highest with 1 bieng the lowest! Thank you for sharing about your experience here with us!

ALEKSANDR S.
06/16/2018 Category: Service
Customer service
I was first in line and my car was taken in an hour later.

RF
RAYMOND F.
05/01/2018 Category: Service
Initiative
I received a call from the service manager expressing his apologies for my recent experience. The paperwork for my car’s service had been misplaced, and the service did not happen. I had already been offered a free service, but he offered to pick up my car, have it serviced and returned. It was a nice guesture that I accepted.

05/01/2018 Category: Service
I was told my car would be ready in 35-40 minutes. Over an hour later I realized my car not been moved. I left without getting the service I came in for.
Upon leaving I was offered a free oil change if I would like to come back.
Heather M. from Tonkin Gresham Honda responded on 05/07/2018

Raymond, I hope we have been able to remedy this mishap for you.  I will be sending you a link to re-score.  Please if you have any further questions or concerns don't hesitate to call us! We appreciate you and hope to see you again.

WP
WINDY P.
Sandy, OR
04/09/2018 Category: Service
Not a pleasant experience
Came to get my airbags changed due to a recall. The work was done within an hour, which was great. Then we got the sales pitch to have a bunch of other work done, which we expected. We declined the additional work and were then told to wait a moment while they got our receipt. A half hour went by, and I had to go to the counter to find out what was the holdup. Before I could say anything, the man waved me away, repeating he'd have my receipt in a minute. Another 10 minutes went by before he finally called us up to the desk, where there were two forms. He had me sign one, then gave me a copy of the one I DIDN'T sign, which looked different from the one I signed. I asked for a copy of what I signed and he insisted it was the same thing, "just with extra numbers". I had to ask three times for a copy of what I actually signed before he grudgingly went to a back room and made a copy. In the end, we waited longer for our receipt than for the actual work, and customers should NEVER have to fight for a copy of something they signed.

MARK W.
Honda Civic Cpe
03/18/2018 Category: Service
Went in for an insurance claim quote
I went in for a quote on an insurance claim quote. Came back to the service person saying have to fix rim and control arm and then rediagnose what else may be wrong. Charged us over $120 for doing nothing to the car. Took to another shop and within 10 minutes they said replace tire, rim, control arm before we go any further we need to see if frame is bent and if the car can hold an alignment. No charge! CAN'T believe it took over 2 hours for Tonkin honda to tell us and charge us. We have brought our cars into this place for every oil change and service from the first day we bought. Your greed over $124 has lost any future rwvenues for servicing both of our hondas.
You are not the only dealership in town. Will never buy another car from Tonkin period.

DARITH C.
01/18/2018 Category: Service
Left front passenger window down and got soaked.
Upon pulling my Pilot up front it appears the tech left my front window down in the rain. Door panel, seats, dash, floor boards all wet. Biggest concern is the door panel fabric and window switches.

DT
DARYL T.
01/07/2018 Category: Sales
Customer service was average at best.
Misrepresentations were made by you finance representative Jeff that drastically changed the price of the vehicle I purchased. Although I should have gone over the purchase agreement with a fine toothed comb I trusted what I was told.

WC
WILLIAM C.
Tacoma, WA
12/22/2017 Category: Service
All the dealers I've been to in the past have wash the car after doing a oil change or service Plus there oil changes are usually a lot cheaper than yours
I'm just not impressed

LAYA M.
Honda Civic Hybrid
11/17/2017 Category: Service
It took a month to fix my car when I got quoted a week.
I took my car in a month ago to have a few things replaced. The first time I got quoted a week and then they called me the day that they quoted me it would be done and said my parts got miss shipped and that it wouldn’t be done until the end of the following week. Keep in mind I didn’t have a rental at this time. Then they called at the end of the week and said they couldn’t get the deer parts removed from under my car (I hit a deer that’s why I took my car in) and they couldn’t start working on my car until they got that taken care of. At that point I asked for a rental car for the inconvenience so they gave me one. They did not make my car a priority and they kept quoting me falsely. My car should not have taken a month to get fixed.

KN
KRISTINE N.
Honda Accord Sedan
11/10/2017 Category: Service
Everyone us very pushy.
Several people pressured to add on the same additional service. Was told to fix something that the dealership in Beaverton had recently fixed due to a recall.

STEVEN M.
Fairview, OR
11/01/2017 Category: Service
Staff very friendly
Service done sooner than estimated. Made it less expensive.

11/01/2017 Category: Service
Accessories installed on my new truck
Very friendly staff. Didn’t take as long as estimated so was less expensive. Very cool!!!
Heather M. from Tonkin Gresham Honda responded on 11/08/2017

Steve, thank you for choosing us! Glad to hear everything went smoothly and you got out sooner than expected!  Based on what you wrote I think you may have miss scored us?  5 stars is the best score we can get.  I will go ahead and send you a re-score if you would like to change it.  Thank you!

D D.
Fairview, OR
10/19/2017
I wish there was a Negative star
We had not been to a Tonkin dealership since 1972 because when we went to a dealership on 122nd to "just get a part", we were assailed IN THE PARKING LOT by 5...yes FIVE salesmen trying to talk us into getting a new car. We wound up just turning around and leaving, getting the part somewhere else. Here it is 2017, and we recently bought a Honda SUV. Wanting to talk to service about some requirements needed for the car, we thought...OK....they have to have changed, right? WRONG. My husband parks our car, heads over to the HUGE Service reception door, and a salesman comes out and starts in with his assault. "Can I help you?" husband says "no, just going to service"...and tries to keep walking. Salesman "Are you checking your car in?" Husband says, "no" tries to keep walking again. Salesman, "Are you picking a car up?" Husband...NO. Starts to turn. Salesman..."Well are you seeing someone in particular in service?". Husband turns, looks at the salesman and says..."You know what? You ask too many questions". He returns to the car and we leave. JUST LIKE LAST TIME. So old dogs cannot be taught new tricks. Ron Tonkin dealerships are STILL high pressure tactics that makes a person feel like they are being attacked. You would think ONE "no" would have been enough. Will NEVER go back to another Tonkin Dealership!!

MJ
MICHELLE J.
10/18/2017 Category: Service
Made an appointment for an oil change, and still had to wait over 1.5 hours. Very disappointing as I have been a customer for a while.

MA
MUDHER A.
10/01/2017 Category: Service
Issues with Financial
Salesman was good but the financial was really bad

NR
Nicole R.
Hillsboro, OR
09/25/2017
Poor customer service/satisfaction and horrible pre-approved loan processing
DO NOT GO HERE....or if you do - HAVE YOUR CASH/CHECK in hand and know how much you are going to pay or walk away!
We were very disatisfied with our experience at this dealership. Initially, it seemed positive as we thought we had a car that would work for our family. In less than 24 hours of the sale (we signed papers after midnight on a Friday), we contacted the dealership on Saturday afternoon and shared that this vehicle would not work for our family. The space was not adequate for our car seats, there was a cat smell/dander we were reacting to. Upon calling they insisted that they would accommodate our request. We showed up on Saturday evening ready to trade in the car and look at other options or ask to unwind the deal - knowing our papers hadn't been submitted and check deposited. No one would meet with us Saturday evening and we went home. We had to wait until Monday to sort this out. We found another car that we thought would work for us...until we went through the paperwork. There was an additional couple thousand dollars added to the loan for the car we just returned...after 2 days...which was super low miles and sold very quickly as it's in high demand. We told them we had a pre-approved loan through our credit union through CUDL and they still shopped our loan with other credit unions. We received notices in the mail from other credit unions that our loans were denied. This should not happen. Upon leaving they said they did not have a second key for the car. However, upon calling to report our dissatisfaction a few weeks later as they tried to make us pay additional fees we did not owe - they "magically" found the second key! DO NOT SHOP HERE! I bought my first car from a Ron Tonkin Toyota and thought they were the same. They are not. They are tricky here...and often going back on their word and turning into a "he said she said." They should have allowed us to unwind the deal in less then 24 hours to leave us as satisfied customers or at least not add additional funds for the vehicle we were trading in to our loan. DO NOT GO HERE....or if you do - HAVE YOUR CASH/CHECK in hand and know how much you are going to pay.

Susanne S.
Renton, WA
09/23/2017
Worst experience ever!!!!!
My experience at Tonkin was so bad, it got to the point of being completely unbelieveable. No one I've spoken with has ever been treated so poorly. I was lied to, they switched the price on the car a couple of times, I was told I was getting things "thrown in" with my purcase price when I was really buying them, they switched my financing to receive their kickback seventeen days after I bought the car even though I was perfectly approved with one bank, in doing so they didn't cancel my first loan with bank one, then that new financing didn't work because I wouldn't be "interviewed" for over ten minutes, they ran my credit report over a dozen times even though I was already approved with that first bank and the second bank, they didn't tell me that trip permits are different from state to state, it took over two and a half months to get my plates, the car was technically driven for two months illegally and then they turned my loan paperwork with the first bank on or past what would have been my payment due date (I guess) because of that bank called me at me out of the blue to inform I was in collections even though they couldn't tell me when my due had been date or how much my payment would have been.

I will say, their service department, did treat me with respect. I took the car in about a week and a half after I had purchased it to have some of the extra items I had legimately purchased installed. I liked them, however, because of how poorly everything else went I'll never take the car back to that dealership.

AR
ALEX R.
Honda Accord Sedan
09/20/2017 Category: Service
Heather M. from Tonkin Gresham Honda responded on 09/22/2017

Alex,  is there any feedback as to why you would rate your experience here with us as only a 1 out of 5? We take your feedback very seriously and would like to know if there's something that we can change or work on to better your visit with us?

GH
GLEN H.
Damascus, OR
08/17/2017 Category: Sales
Beautiful building. Same old story
.Took TOOO long . Waited till end to give us the amount of the monthly payment. Took us so long because we had to wait fr the mouse house routine to be complete. TOOO may people involved.