Overall Rating 1.3333333/5rating 1.3333333rating 1.3333333rating 1.3333333rating 1.3333333
Latest Review about 1 month ago

Troutdale, OR
Honda Civic Coupe
10/23/2019 Category: Service
Terrible
The heavier set counter lady was very disrespectful and did not make me feel like a valued customer, she had an attitude with me from the moment I pulled my car up. I hope next experience will not be this awful
Ethan W., Fix Op Director from Tonkin Gresham Honda responded on 10/24/2019

Interesting how the use of adjectives can be heard when perceiving someones level of respect. I appologize for your awful experience and I am confident we can provide a better experience on your next visit.
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback.

JOSE D.
Fairview, OR
09/04/2019 Category: Service
Punctured Tire
I had a low pressure tire and when I put air in one of my tire, I visibly saw a nail or screw in the surface of the tire about 3 inches away from the wall of the tire. I have my wife took the car to your shop and very confident that it would just a routine patching. I was shocked to learned that the mechanic was not recommending repair, instead recommending tire replacement. The explanation give was the puncture is too close to the wall. The lady on the phone I was talking with was even sounded irritated when I told her that I saw that nail and it’s not even close to the wall. So I told my wife to not have done and go to Les Schwab instead. Les Schwab repaired the punctured tire for free and did not even mentioned about the nail being close to the wall of the tire for the fact is it’s not because I saw it.

DT
DENNIS T.
09/03/2019 Category: Service
Car repairs
According to daughter who brought the van it was way too long for what you did and was misled in to believing it was a shorter time period. She was told originally it was 2 hours instead of 4 1/2 hours it turned out. For all her wait she got 2 free car washes which we appreciated but it it interrupted her schedule she had.

NB
Noelani B.
The Dalles, OR
08/26/2019
Scam Artists
Manager flat out refused to even call a bank to get a $25,000 loan because "there is no bank that would ever approve a loan this size with zero down".

Back story: two trade-ins for a cheaper car would put them out a couple thousand dollars.

fucktards. boo hoo

CR
CHRISTA R.
08/15/2019 Category: Service
2005 CRV lemon
I am very disappointed in Honda I have purchased 3 Honda cars from Gresham Honda and I was sold a lemon the Honda has never stood by from the first sign of trouble with the 2005 CRV and this was no exception so I will never shop at Gresham Honda or any To king dealerships for as long as I live for the way they have handled this situation.
The only reason I gave a star is because it would not let me set it back to zero stars.
Thanks
Don Reberry

Estacada, OR
07/23/2019 Category: Service
Terrible
We came in to get our oil changed before we took a Disney trip because we knew it was close to needing an oil change. The guy who came out told us we wouldn’t need one for a while, we explained how far we were driving and he again told us we were fine and ‘our pilot is a tank’ .... get to LA and oil light comes on. Spent an entire day wasted on vacation which cost us about $800 missing a day with our passes to Disney. Sitting in Anaheim Honda all day waiting for an oil change. Took it in to get serviced as we are due again, explain politely what happened and that it upset us that we came in to get it taken care of and were told we were fine only to waste vacation day. Mike Hubert didn’t care and offered me a coupon that was emailed and online like it was a favor. I just remained silent and calm and paid and told him that was terrible customer service in my opinion. I feel a complimentary oil change would have been a great gesture but I shouldn’t have to ask for it or make a scene. Thank you for ruining a day of vacation, sitting at Anaheim Honda all day with two toddlers who should have been at Disney which cost us more more to miss and then your terrible arrogant attitude/ we have never had an issue or complaint until now. We have purchased 3-4 cars now from Gresham Honda and this will probably be the last. I also will no longer be bringing it into this location for service after this. If I tell an employee calmly something that was YOUR mistake and really affected our life (vacation) due to incompetence just because I am calm and polite doesn’t mean I’m not really upset and I shouldn’t have to make a scene or over react about it. Being a business owner myself this was handled very poorly.

KL
KELLI L.
Sandy, OR
Honda Civic Cpe
06/18/2019 Category: Service
4th visit for the same problem
While are the employees at Honda ate nice, no one there can' seem to find what is wrong with my car. I've had it in the 4 times the car is still has the same problem. It's very frustrating to waste my money and time and still have the problem . I wish someone there could help me.

DK
DAVID K.
Sandy, OR
05/24/2019 Category: Service
Lame
We left after paying $640. For roof rails and they forgot to put the finish piece on both sides so we have to go back again. Also there was only one side with screw ability for our kayak carrier. Now what?????????

05/24/2019 Category: Sales
We felt very rushed and pressured
We found our car on the internet and although we are very happy with the car itself, we felt very rushed and pressured by our salesman, John, to complete the transaction that day. He even followed us all the way home from Gresham to downtown Portland to get a check although we offered to leave a deposit and return on Saturday to complete the transaction. This now involves a trip to the DMV to change the title into our trust-it could have been done at the dealer. Additionally, the car was given to us with the gas tank on empty, and a crack in the windshield.

KN
KHANH N.
04/11/2019 Category: Service
Didn't verified if repair is good
Van power slide doors was disabled due to recall. Drop Van off the night before and got a call to pickup. Power door was still disabled when pickup. Took them another 3 to 4 hours to get it to work. Did they not have a procedure to test if the door work after performing the recall? Wasted my time for waiting. Unexceptionable. No common sense... door not working, you fixed the door, you don't check and open the door to see if what you fixed is working?
Ethan W., Fix Op Director from Tonkin Gresham Honda responded on 04/12/2019

Hello Khanh,

We appolozie for this unintended event. We definately were not on our usual A game. I appriciate the feedback. Should you find that you require our services in the future please reach out to me personally.

04/06/2019 Category: Service
Horrible!
Felt like I was charged too much when all they did was reset my tire pressure. Won’t be coming here again.
Ethan W., Fix Op Director from Tonkin Gresham Honda responded on 04/10/2019

Hello Buu,

Looks like the only charge to you was to diagnose the Service engine soon light. We cleared the code, instead of recommending a PCM replacement. There was no charge to adjust your vehicles tire pressure, and reset the TPMS light. Please feel free to contact me if you have any additional questions.

TD
TARYN D.
02/27/2019 Category: Service
Horrible Customer Service
Lady who I rented and returned my rental car to was extremely rude and short with me. There was a lot of eye rolling. She seemed very upset that she has to walk out to help me find my car. She was very unhelpful and honestly it was one of the worst customer service experiences I ever had. She really didn’t seem to like her job. I was surprised at my $158 diagnostic bill. They performed no work on my car whatsoever. I purchased a service agreement with my vehicle so I wasn’t expecting any charges. She didn’t verbally tell me the charges when I dropped my car off. I guess I missed the part where I agreed to them when I signed. I demanded she get a supervisor. The supervisor kindly reimbursed me $58 dollars back. She was just a hassle to deal with and I hope nobody gets that sort of service when they walk in Gresham Ron Tonkin located on Stark. Very infuriating experience.
Ethan W., Fix Op Director from Tonkin Gresham Honda responded on 02/28/2019

Thank you for the feedback.

RONALD S.
12/28/2018 Category: Service
TPMS sensors
I made an appointment because my TPMS light has been on for a week, but my tire pressure in all tires was fine. I was charged $129 for them to tell me that all four sensors needed to be replaced at a cost of $490. But they didn't have any of the appropriate sensors in stock. I went to Costco and got it done without an appointment for $240. Thanks for a very expensive lesson. In the future Tonkin Honda will be the last place I go for service.

CHARLES W.
Honda Civic Cpe
11/07/2018 Category: Service
Customer service what?
Wanted to use a debit card for a $32 charge and was treated like I was trying to rip them off that would only except cash
Ethan W., Fix Op Director from Tonkin Gresham Honda responded on 11/09/2018

The prepaid debit card in question was not in the customers name. We feel this is a good buisness practice, by not taking payment using someone elses card. If this constituts a 1 star rating thats unfortunate.

MICHAEL M.
Camas, WA
10/23/2018 Category: Service
Long wait, disappointing service
My wife brought in my van for its B1 service at 18,500 miles. She was told the appointment would take between 1 hour and a maximum of 1 hour and 15 minutes. At almost 2 hours she finally got the car back with no explanation. Interesting since all of the people who were there waiting before her also had long waits. One of the main reasons the car was brought in was to check on the brakes that have been extremely squeaky for the last 5,000 miles. My wife was told that the squeaking was normal and that it would not happen after the car was warmed up. This is not true because it happens all of the time. Having brakes squeak at less than 80% wear is ridiculous. My wife was also told that they took the car for a test drive and could not hear the brakes squeak, however, the mileage was unchanged from the time the car was brought in. Disappointing.

We had such a great buying experience that we had decided to bring our van to your shop despite the fact that we live in Washington. After this experience, I am not certain that we will be back.

DANIEL S.
Estacada, OR
Honda Civic Coupe
10/22/2018 Category: Service
Honda Civic Service
I was greeted and assisted by Mark. I did not have an appointment, but Mark assured me my car would be serviced in a timely manner.

I appreciate the time and care I have received during my 3rd visit to Tonkin Gresham Honda.

Sincere thanks, Daniel R.
Heather M. from Tonkin Gresham Honda responded on 10/23/2018

Daniel, I have a feeling based on your response you did not mean to give us only 1 star out of 5? I will send you a re-score! If you did mean to give us only a 1 out of 5 please let us know what we can do to fix this.

TF
TONY F.
Honda Ridgeline
10/10/2018 Category: Service
Long wait. Not coming back.
Will not be coming back. Was told 1.5 hrs to have A1 oil change done. They haven't even started working on my car until 2 hrs later. Plenty of places to do it faster. Good bye Tonkin. I am taking my business somewhere else.

KD
KATHLEEN D.
09/22/2018 Category: Service

09/22/2018 Category: Service
Please fix
We did not take our car in. There is someone with the same name as mine and you keep mixing us up

Kathi Donohue
Heather M. from Tonkin Gresham Honda responded on 09/24/2018

I apologize for the mix up! I have gone in and deleted the phone number and email attached to this VIN.  We can update as needed.  Thank you for letting us know!

LV
LUZ V.
08/23/2018 Category: Service
Unpleasant service experience
After noticing a strange "thump" "clunk" noise from under the car mostly at low speeds and when braking we decided to take our Honda Accord to the experts. The early morning of 8/10/18 we were greeted by Steven who from the start seemed bothered/stressed. After explaining our concerns he immediately stated it must be our brakes. This seemed reasonable but was surprised considering he is not a Certified Honda trained technician rather a service adviser. Giving the benefit of the doubt this may be a common issue we moved past it and got our vehicle checked in. Two hours later we got a call stating our vehicle was inspected, brakes were adjusted and the car was no longer making any noise. We returned to the dealership paid $129+ fees and while driving home from the dealership we notice the same noise and "clunk" issue. We had out of town plans and because this place of business seems reputable we decided to address this at a later date. On 8/13/18 I received a call from Steven following up on our service experience. When I informed him that the problem still exist his tone changed and was rushing to schedule and appointment and sell me new front and rear brake service. He also stated that would fix the issue. Again, he is not a Honda Certified Tech and was now revising the original service diagnostics? He then stated to "let him know when I wanted to bring the car back in" and ended the call. On 8/18/18 I visited the service department again to address the issue. Steven was not working that day and by default was helped by a gentleman named Graham at 8:45am. After review of the "file notes" he stated needing the car all day or possibly till Monday. I responded he could keep the car aslong as needed with the condition that the issue gets identified and we could use a loaner vehicle. He stated that would not be a problem it would just be $30 per day for the loaner. We decline the loaner for pay option and explained that this is the 2nd visit on this issue and would like it done today business. In addition, we have a lifetime oil change plan that was built into our purchase years ago and asked an oil change be performed. Mr. Graham stated we do nor have a service agreement and would need to pay for that as well. This is incorrect, we have gotten oil changes from Medford to Salem and never had any issues. Every dealership has been able to verify our oil change eligibility. For the sake of not arguing and making things worse we also declined our oil change for charge option and focused on the main issue of our visit. This was a Saturday and service closes at 4pm. I called to follow up at 3:15pm and was informed our car was still sitting out front and they were not going to have time to look at it. He proceeded to say they were too busy and we needed to schedule a future appointment. To date the service we paid for has not been identified or addressed properly - DISAPPOINTED.
Ethan W., Fix Op Director from Tonkin Gresham Honda responded on 08/27/2018

We made our best attempt at a repair on aged parts but, as it appears this did not correct the concern. We genuinly attempt to provide the most economical repair for the best results. Sometime replacemtent of aged and worn components is the only option. Appointment made to revisit this concern and we will look to provide the best possible outcome.
Parts and Service Director