Overall Rating 1.3/5Overall Rating 1.3/5Overall Rating 1.3/5Overall Rating 1.3/5Overall Rating 1.3/5

KF
Kevin F.
Vancouver, WA
12/30/2019
Hiding information and denying responsibility
We bought this Pilot less than a month ago and the dealership did not disclose that the transmission was replaced. Of course we have had nothing but trouble on the 2 year old Pilot. We would not have purchased had we known this problem. I’d expect this from a corner used car salesman, not a Honda Cerified car!
Ethan W., Fix Op Director from Tonkin Gresham Honda responded on 12/31/2019

We are currently working to correct any mechanical concerns in conjunction with Honda Motors. Yes, the transmission was replace before the vehicle was traded in. This repair happen while the vehicle was owned by another person and was coved entirely by Honda Motors under warranty. We will continue our mission to correct any correctable mechanical concerns using all means available.

Troutdale, OR
10/30/2019 Category: Service
Good job
Good job

Troutdale, OR
Honda Civic Coupe
10/23/2019 Category: Service
Terrible
The heavier set counter lady was very disrespectful and did not make me feel like a valued customer, she had an attitude with me from the moment I pulled my car up. I hope next experience will not be this awful
Ethan W., Fix Op Director from Tonkin Gresham Honda responded on 10/24/2019

Interesting how the use of adjectives can be heard when perceiving someones level of respect. I appologize for your awful experience and I am confident we can provide a better experience on your next visit.
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback.

JOSE D.
Fairview, OR
09/04/2019 Category: Service
Punctured Tire
I had a low pressure tire and when I put air in one of my tire, I visibly saw a nail or screw in the surface of the tire about 3 inches away from the wall of the tire. I have my wife took the car to your shop and very confident that it would just a routine patching. I was shocked to learned that the mechanic was not recommending repair, instead recommending tire replacement. The explanation give was the puncture is too close to the wall. The lady on the phone I was talking with was even sounded irritated when I told her that I saw that nail and it’s not even close to the wall. So I told my wife to not have done and go to Les Schwab instead. Les Schwab repaired the punctured tire for free and did not even mentioned about the nail being close to the wall of the tire for the fact is it’s not because I saw it.

DT
DENNIS T.
Gresham, OR
09/03/2019 Category: Service
Car repairs
According to daughter who brought the van it was way too long for what you did and was misled in to believing it was a shorter time period. She was told originally it was 2 hours instead of 4 1/2 hours it turned out. For all her wait she got 2 free car washes which we appreciated but it it interrupted her schedule she had.

NB
Noelani B.
The Dalles, OR
08/26/2019
Scam Artists
Manager flat out refused to even call a bank to get a $25,000 loan because "there is no bank that would ever approve a loan this size with zero down".

Back story: two trade-ins for a cheaper car would put them out a couple thousand dollars.

fucktards. boo hoo

CR
CHRISTA R.
08/15/2019 Category: Service
2005 CRV lemon
I am very disappointed in Honda I have purchased 3 Honda cars from Gresham Honda and I was sold a lemon the Honda has never stood by from the first sign of trouble with the 2005 CRV and this was no exception so I will never shop at Gresham Honda or any To king dealerships for as long as I live for the way they have handled this situation.
The only reason I gave a star is because it would not let me set it back to zero stars.
Thanks
Don Reberry

Estacada, OR
07/23/2019 Category: Service
Terrible
We came in to get our oil changed before we took a Disney trip because we knew it was close to needing an oil change. The guy who came out told us we wouldn’t need one for a while, we explained how far we were driving and he again told us we were fine and ‘our pilot is a tank’ .... get to LA and oil light comes on. Spent an entire day wasted on vacation which cost us about $800 missing a day with our passes to Disney. Sitting in Anaheim Honda all day waiting for an oil change. Took it in to get serviced as we are due again, explain politely what happened and that it upset us that we came in to get it taken care of and were told we were fine only to waste vacation day. Mike Hubert didn’t care and offered me a coupon that was emailed and online like it was a favor. I just remained silent and calm and paid and told him that was terrible customer service in my opinion. I feel a complimentary oil change would have been a great gesture but I shouldn’t have to ask for it or make a scene. Thank you for ruining a day of vacation, sitting at Anaheim Honda all day with two toddlers who should have been at Disney which cost us more more to miss and then your terrible arrogant attitude/ we have never had an issue or complaint until now. We have purchased 3-4 cars now from Gresham Honda and this will probably be the last. I also will no longer be bringing it into this location for service after this. If I tell an employee calmly something that was YOUR mistake and really affected our life (vacation) due to incompetence just because I am calm and polite doesn’t mean I’m not really upset and I shouldn’t have to make a scene or over react about it. Being a business owner myself this was handled very poorly.

KL
KELLI L.
Sandy, OR
Honda Civic Cpe
06/18/2019 Category: Service
4th visit for the same problem
While are the employees at Honda ate nice, no one there can' seem to find what is wrong with my car. I've had it in the 4 times the car is still has the same problem. It's very frustrating to waste my money and time and still have the problem . I wish someone there could help me.

DK
DAVID K.
Sandy, OR
05/24/2019 Category: Service
Lame
We left after paying $640. For roof rails and they forgot to put the finish piece on both sides so we have to go back again. Also there was only one side with screw ability for our kayak carrier. Now what?????????

05/24/2019 Category: Sales
We felt very rushed and pressured
We found our car on the internet and although we are very happy with the car itself, we felt very rushed and pressured by our salesman, John, to complete the transaction that day. He even followed us all the way home from Gresham to downtown Portland to get a check although we offered to leave a deposit and return on Saturday to complete the transaction. This now involves a trip to the DMV to change the title into our trust-it could have been done at the dealer. Additionally, the car was given to us with the gas tank on empty, and a crack in the windshield.

KN
KHANH N.
04/11/2019 Category: Service
Didn't verified if repair is good
Van power slide doors was disabled due to recall. Drop Van off the night before and got a call to pickup. Power door was still disabled when pickup. Took them another 3 to 4 hours to get it to work. Did they not have a procedure to test if the door work after performing the recall? Wasted my time for waiting. Unexceptionable. No common sense... door not working, you fixed the door, you don't check and open the door to see if what you fixed is working?
Ethan W., Fix Op Director from Tonkin Gresham Honda responded on 04/12/2019

Hello Khanh,

We appolozie for this unintended event. We definately were not on our usual A game. I appriciate the feedback. Should you find that you require our services in the future please reach out to me personally.

04/06/2019 Category: Service
Horrible!
Felt like I was charged too much when all they did was reset my tire pressure. Won’t be coming here again.
Ethan W., Fix Op Director from Tonkin Gresham Honda responded on 04/10/2019

Hello Buu,

Looks like the only charge to you was to diagnose the Service engine soon light. We cleared the code, instead of recommending a PCM replacement. There was no charge to adjust your vehicles tire pressure, and reset the TPMS light. Please feel free to contact me if you have any additional questions.

TD
TARYN D.
Gresham, OR
02/27/2019 Category: Service
Horrible Customer Service
Lady who I rented and returned my rental car to was extremely rude and short with me. There was a lot of eye rolling. She seemed very upset that she has to walk out to help me find my car. She was very unhelpful and honestly it was one of the worst customer service experiences I ever had. She really didn’t seem to like her job. I was surprised at my $158 diagnostic bill. They performed no work on my car whatsoever. I purchased a service agreement with my vehicle so I wasn’t expecting any charges. She didn’t verbally tell me the charges when I dropped my car off. I guess I missed the part where I agreed to them when I signed. I demanded she get a supervisor. The supervisor kindly reimbursed me $58 dollars back. She was just a hassle to deal with and I hope nobody gets that sort of service when they walk in Gresham Ron Tonkin located on Stark. Very infuriating experience.
Ethan W., Fix Op Director from Tonkin Gresham Honda responded on 02/28/2019

Thank you for the feedback.

RONALD S.
12/28/2018 Category: Service
TPMS sensors
I made an appointment because my TPMS light has been on for a week, but my tire pressure in all tires was fine. I was charged $129 for them to tell me that all four sensors needed to be replaced at a cost of $490. But they didn't have any of the appropriate sensors in stock. I went to Costco and got it done without an appointment for $240. Thanks for a very expensive lesson. In the future Tonkin Honda will be the last place I go for service.