Overall Rating 1.3333333/5rating 1.3333333rating 1.3333333rating 1.3333333rating 1.3333333

TG
TIM G.
Vancouver, WA
Honda Fit
08/16/2019 Category: Service
Past experiences have been better.
I've been visiting Gresham Honda service center for over 13 yrs for my Honda Fit.
This visit clearly reminded me of significant upselling and not clear communication.

LG
LINDA G.
08/15/2019 Category: Service
Appointments need to be met.
My appointment was at 9:00, they didn’t get my car until 9:30. It was just an oil change, almost 2 hours later my car was ready. I had to cancel another appointment because it took so long to get my car done. Not happy about it. Thanks, Linda Gainor

DY
DEBBIE Y.
Troutdale, OR
08/08/2019 Category: Service
Pressured
Went in for an oil change and felt pressured for other services and felt like the service person was talking down to me since I am a female. He did not ask questions and seemed put out when it came time to discuss the cost. He had to rerun the paperwork since I had a coupon. This took him about 1 minute. When he was (telling me not discussing with me) other services recommended his attitude was offensive.

Boring, OR
08/02/2019 Category: Service
Fair service
Forty five minutes turned into two hours. Nothing special, just an oil change.

I was hoping with appointment things would faster.

Beaverton, OR
Honda Insight
07/30/2019 Category: Service
Busy Day
I came in to get service to my vehicle and read my book. This was going to take approx. 2 hours. I was immediately approached by a sales person to see if they could look at a trade in value for my vehicle. That was fine. Then I was pursued by a salesperson who wanted to show me new vehicles. After about 3 hours and another "numbers" salesperson I was given a price for a vehicle -- which was very high and presented to me as a special deal. I then was allowed to leave without resting and reading my book as planned. Then I had daily phone calls offering to try to manage a better deal until I made a call to ask what was up with all the calls. I explained the situation and then there was total silence. Not a better deal, not any effort to find out what I really was interested in - if anything, but pressure for a sale.

Tualatin, OR
07/30/2019 Category: Sales
Ok
I just purchased a used Honda Pilot from Tonkin Gresham Honda. I did feel like this was not a great experience though I do like my new car. I found the car online and went in for a test drive. The salesman was very nice and patient. However, when I was getting ready to leave I felt that the situation was getting pushy. I was told that the next morning the car was going to auction and if I wanted it I should get it that day, or it would be gone. I did not buy the car that day. It did not go to auction. I went out of town for a few days and when I returned I decided this car was what I wanted to purchase. The salesman that I originally had was not working on that day., but did send me a message stating that someone else was coming in to look at the car later that night and they could not guarantee that it would still be there if I waited another day. This really bothered me because it sounded like a pressure tactic like the first time I came it. I was planning on purchasing that car that day previous to this conversation. I called to talk to the used car manager, but was only put through to his voice mail. So, I called back, and was told he would be in later, but they connected me with another salesman. I worked with this salesman to plan the purchase of my car. I was very specific in my questions and stressed that I would have a young child with me and, so I wanted have the car ready for purchase when I got there. When I got to the dealership later in the day. Three of the things we discussed became a problem, one that probably could have been avoided if I was able to talk to the sales manager directly. First I was told that the cargo mat I would be given would have to be paid for. $109 which is ridiculous when I was buying a $30,000 vehicle and I had already been told it would be given to me. Then the discount on the extended warranty was not put into place until I questioned it, and it was not as much as I had been told. Finally, the hold check request that I had specifically talked over on the phone became a problem. With the dealership trying to get me to put some of the amount on my credit card. I was pretty unhappy at this point. I told them that it was either honored as discussed or I was leaving. They did honor the hold check request. The entire process ended up taking almost three hours. My child was doing very well, but after that long he was starting to lose his patience and honestly, so was I. I like my new vehicle and I do feel like I got a fair price, however I did feel that it was a pushy environment and that communication between the team members was poor. The salesman that I dealt with first did come in on his day off to complete my sale. He was very nice, but I felt that he was put in a difficult position having to bring each problem to me to solve, when I specifically had tried to avoid that. Finally, the tank of the $30,000 vehicle I just bought was only half full and about four miles down the road the CD player started to act up on my Certified Used Honda. I do however like my car, but I wish the whole experience could have been made more customer centered. The run around was ridiculous.

KC
KENNETH C.
07/10/2019 Category: Service
Car service
I purchased this vehicle at Gresham Honda and have been getting maintenance service at your service center, I always gave 5 stars after each service but I must give 3 at this time. The technician should be more thorough when completing the job. After I received my car key from the service advisor, I checked the gauge and noticed that the oil life was not reset. It was still at 30%. I went back to the advisor and waited extra minutes and he came out and reset it. The technician should have done it at the shop. I had transmission oil replaced in July last year at your service center before I drove down to LA. I had a A/C problem in LA when the temperature reached 95. I took my vehicle to an Honda Dealer in LA and after they did 10 point safety checks, they found transmission oil was very very low, so they added it. Why was it not filled properly?

EN
EVERETT N.
Fairview, OR
Honda Accord Sedan
06/27/2019 Category: Service
Disappointed
Had my car serviced (B1) in my opinion is just basic service. Was handed the bill and all most had a heart attack at the amount the service was, just basic oil Chang tire rotation and safety inspection. Do not know if I will return. Never ever payed that amount of money for a oil Chang.

MN
MARILYN N.
Honda Civic Sedan
06/13/2019 Category: Service
Didn't listen to my directions
Have been coming to Tonkin Gresham Honda for several years (we have multiple Hondas) and have had good things to report. This time used a service coupon that included an oil change AND a tire rotation so gave specific instructions that no matter what the measurement on the tires was (they use a tread-depth indicator) they were to rotate the tires since it would be another 6K+ miles until the next rotation. We also added some brake fluid maintenance after the advice of the service writer. Came to pick it up and NO TIRE ROTATION because it "didn't need it." Little history on our 2014 Civic EX -L/NAV: we bought it new from Gresham Honda and had the same thing with the rotation request happen (the measurements showed the same depth for all tires) and right about 22K the front tires showed excessive tread loss and we had to replace them (along with the other two). So I've been careful to try and get more miles from this second set (Hankooks). Not sure of the science, but it makes sense that a FWD car would cause more wear on the front tires.
Ethan W., Fix Op Director from Tonkin Gresham Honda responded on 06/13/2019

Completely agree! We didn't listen to the request on two visits. We are making the adjustments so this does not happen in the future. We always work to to keep safety and satisfaction as our primary goal. We definitely slipped a little and I apologize for any problems this may have caused.

Ethan Woehl
Service Director

CL
CRAIG L.
Happy Valley, OR
Honda Accord Sedan
06/03/2019 Category: Service
Oil Change
Have come here for years and always friendly staff, only issue on this visit was a long wait for simple oil change in the EXPRESS Service. 2.5 hours. Will make appointment in the future. Free Wi Fi and coffee so it was not unbearable.

Honda Fit
05/24/2019 Category: Service

Honda Civic Si
05/16/2019 Category: Service
Good customer service, but $$$
The fellow who helped me was great. Good communication and v friendly. However the service cost double what the Internet said was the max to pay, so I will go to an auto shop next time.

LH
LORNE H.
Corbett, OR
04/29/2019 Category: Service
Long wait for an oil change.
There is a drive in oil change service. And though I was told one to one and half hours, it took over two hours. Also they gave a very cryptic,” you have a lower oil leak.” I felt it could have been more specific , like I see a leak around the..... we will need to do this , to see what is needed. I don’t know about cars but this extra information would have helped me understand at least what part of the car your talking about. Because to me, everything under the car is lower.

CRAIG S.
Pleasant Hill, OR
04/24/2019 Category: Sales
Nice to work with and honest
Great to work with and a fair price

04/17/2019 Category: Service
Car had to be returned because tech made mistakes.
Had to return the car to the dealership for additional work as the first technician made errors while performing a simple maintenance task.

03/28/2019 Category: Service
Fast service
It’s ok but can be too speedy. Need to reduce your labor cost. You will buy part for $100 and pay $400 for labor. Too expensive to recommend to friends.
Ethan W., Fix Op Director from Tonkin Gresham Honda responded on 04/03/2019

We used published labor times for all repairs.

Ethan Woehl
Service Director

02/27/2019 Category: Service
Awkward moment
Service is typically great, but today there was a misunderstanding regarding a service coupon. In the end all was made well, but after some bad feelings were harbored. Details not necessary.

AP
ANDERSON P.
Jeep Cherokee
02/24/2019 Category: Service
The place is great good service
Yesterday I try to fix my car there and today my car have the same problem

MT
MYRTLE T.
Honda Civic Coupe
01/12/2019 Category: Service
it's close to where I live
the service guy that was helping me didn't seem to be informed with whether or not my tires were under warranty or not, even after I told him I spoke with Jeff Westrand and I was told my tires were covered. He even quoted me a price on how much it would cost. I told him, it seems like the right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing.

RUFINO M.
Clackamas, OR
01/05/2019 Category: Service
I like the popcorn and the coffee machine.
Jaime Powers is not a very friendly service advisor. She should be changing oil instead of what she is doing now.