Overall Rating 1.3/5Overall Rating 1.3/5Overall Rating 1.3/5Overall Rating 1.3/5Overall Rating 1.3/5

TW
TOBY W.
Brightwood, OR
Honda Accord Sedan
10/20/2019 Category: Sales
Poor overall experience
Robert the salesman did a great job identifying our wants and needs; and providing honest feedback to choose the best vehicle for us. The car itself is great; but I would have bought elsewhere if I wasn't pressed to get a vehicle. The finance person was very unprofessional and arrogant, they low balled us on the trade after promising much more to get us there; and the whole purchase experience took five hours. The salesman did very well; and I am happy with the vehicle, but this was easily the worst purchase experience I have ever had.

BO
BILLY O.
Portland, OR
08/31/2019 Category: Service
Damaged my CRV
While having my CRV recall done they damaged the housing around the shifter and did not even say anything to me about it.
Ethan W., Fix Op Director from Tonkin Gresham Honda responded on 09/04/2019

I believe we have corrected this concern, as we have a replacement part ordered. Unfortunately a holiday weekend reduced our ability to communicate quickly.

LF
LIANA F.
Estacada, OR
06/09/2019 Category: Service
Door window replacement
I will not use Tonkin Honda again if possible. We needed to replace a broken drivers door window - which turned into 3 weeks with our car in the shop. When we got it back the replaced window has big scratches in the tinting, and broken glass still falls out of the bottom of the door every time I open it. Supposedly the door was taken apart and the door latch and window motor replaced. It seems like the broken glass would have been removed and an unscathed glass replacement would have been used.
Ethan W., Fix Op Director from Tonkin Gresham Honda responded on 06/13/2019

Thank you State Farm Insurance! This was an insurance claim that through State Farm. They required used parts which showed up broken twice. Repairs were completed as fast as possible considering the circumstances and used parts supplied by State Farm Insurance. Great leaning experience for all.

KV
KENT V.
06/07/2019 Category: Service
We all have our bad days
Arrived for my 1PM appointment at 12:55 for oil change and at 1:30 my pilot had not moved! I was told it was finished at 2:35! Others who were waiting were falling asleep. I was rather upset and my old memory couldn't remember this bad a service in the 20+ years of going to Gresham Honda. Must be Mark is not there.
The service rep who finished up the paperwork was other than friendly or apologetic. Think they knew I was "bitching" about the time wasted there. They did not explain the "requires immediate attention" items on the service record - not how important to fix ASAP and those that could wait for the next service. I put very little mileage on the pilot these days.
Hopefully things improve significantly or "There is always Orient Motors."
Rip VW

CG
CHRISTOPHER G.
Happy Valley, OR
06/06/2019 Category: Service
Recall missed while servicing vehicle
Came in for service tti resurface rotars, changed break fluid and front wipers.

My back wiper didn't get noticed ans replaced. And most importantly ans the reason for my review here, is they didn't mention anything about a SAFETY recall.

Now I realize why my sons seat wasn't latching else driving in the freeway.

VERY disappointed.... quality changes when ownership changes.

DANA L.
06/04/2019 Category: Service
SLOW
I drove in Friday the 5/31/19 and was told there was no more express services and that my wait would be one hour to one and a half.
Disappointed I left with a 11;30 appointment for Monday. Got there 11:30 went shopping and came back and car not touched. They got to it at 12:45

Damascus, OR
05/17/2019 Category: Service
Too long for recall service
It took 5 hours to perform a 2 hour recall service with no reason given why it was taking so long. I’ve had great service in the past from this dealership but unfortunately not this time.

KH
KAO H.
Troutdale, OR
03/30/2019 Category: Service
Service guy who made alot of commision of me
They fix the problem but I was quoted for a price and somehow it went up 3 times what I was quoted for. I feel the service person was getting paid by commision. He call me 3 times for 3 different price and it keeps going higher each call I get. I was going to take my car else where but I will lose the $130 just for diagnostic problem which I already knew the problem. I call around. Others were willing to do half the price but I was stuck paying the diagnostic. Im still mad about the price but what the hell so I just take it up the ass and paid for it. Didnt want to deal with the service guy who probably made 300 buck of this service.
Ethan W., Fix Op Director from Tonkin Gresham Honda responded on 04/03/2019

Owner tried repairing on his own. Did not go well. Yes; it did take 3 calls to correct the depth of the problem.

TH
TONY H.
Portland, OR
Honda Civic Sdn
01/17/2019 Category: Service
Unhappy customer.
I had a 4-wheel alignment done to my 2009 Civic on 1/16/2019. The chart shows it was not done correctly. I am not happy with the result and the work done.

KR
KRISTA R.
Honda Civic Sedan
01/14/2019 Category: Service
Very pushy with sales
I have a 2016 the I bought NEW from a dealership. Today I wanted my oil change and was told it estimated to be $240.. I didn’t even know what to say when was given that quote. I told him I wanted a simple oil change and the price dropped to $50. Then while waiting in the lobby I watched as each employee tried to upscale every person sitting in that room. It was disgusting, I want to go to Honda because I thought I was getting the best care yet the employee came out to me and told me I NEED A NEW BATTERY!! I have 48,000 miles on my car and I need a new battery!? Then they guy replied well.. it’s not a priority. How is a battery not a priority for a car!?! Sorry I won’t be returning to this store they are pushy
Ethan W., Fix Op Director from Tonkin Gresham Honda responded on 01/18/2019

I am hopeful that after a phone conversation, all is well.

REINHARD B.
01/10/2019 Category: Service
different answer from different staff
I was told on the phone ,I did not need an appointment( but I do. )went in for oil change and was asked if I wanted a tire rotation(I declined and would do it next time) when I went in today I was told my rear oil unit was needed and I declined at the last visit( which was not the case) I was never told I need to replace oil in the rear unit or I would of. tech told me one thing and service guy told me another? tech asked me if he would research my problem and may need to order a part( so I waited) then the service guy said your car is done and ready for you to go (really) you would think the tech guy would tell me the correct information.then I was told I need a filter, it would be about 34-48$$ when I asked which filter was need I was told all of them and it would be $100- my question Do I need one or all? why was I quoted $34-48 one only.
Not sure who to listen too? very concerned! Not sure if I will go back or not

MARC D.
Beaverton, OR
12/11/2018 Category: Sales
Typical dealer experience
We purchased a 3 year old vehicle from this dealership. Had the typical back and forth that is the stigma when dealing with car salesman. I was dissapointed to have to go through this. I was told that the car would receive new wipers and a full tank. Neither happened.
When test driving the car, I neglected to open the center console. Once we got it home, I opened the console to find that the top latch was broken, and the lid barely attached. I called the dealership and spoke to my salesman, Michael Prickett. Michael dismissed my concern, and told me that his manager would call me back. The next day, I had not received the call so I called the dealership again and spoke with one of the sales managers (I think his name was Josh). The manager explicitly told me that he didn’t have enough money in it to repair the car beyond fixing a loose bolt. I very much understand that I purchased a used car as-is. I’m just highly dissapointed at how I was treated post sale. There was no concern for customer service or satisfaction. I would not recommend this dealership. There are far better dealers in the metro area that have a greater concern for customer service.

Corbett, OR
10/08/2018 Category: Service
Getting pricey
Service is great, but everything is getting too expensive. I may as well buy a new car.

PM
PAMELA M.
08/17/2018 Category: Service
I was not told that my vehicle was done.
I came in for an oil change. I was told that there was no one in front of me and the job would be done quickly. I waited an hour and twenty minutes and finally decided I would ask what was going on. As I walked to the desk, I saw my vehicle parked and ready to go. The attendant said she didn't know why I wasn't told, but the vehicle had been done for a long time. I missed work that I shouldn't have, and left with a very sour taste in my mouth. I've always been pleased with your service, but this is totally unacceptable.
Ethan W., Fix Op Director from Tonkin Gresham Honda responded on 08/27/2018

Concerns addressed and corrected via phone.

Sandy, OR
Honda Civic Sedan
08/07/2018 Category: Service
Coupon not valid anymore!
Very annoyed that coupon didn’t work for oil change, yet the price for an oil change continues to rise! Honda makes more than enough money, don’t be cheap!!!