Overall Rating 1.3333333/5rating 1.3333333rating 1.3333333rating 1.3333333rating 1.3333333

LF
LIANA F.
Estacada, OR
06/09/2019 Category: Service
Door window replacement
I will not use Tonkin Honda again if possible. We needed to replace a broken drivers door window - which turned into 3 weeks with our car in the shop. When we got it back the replaced window has big scratches in the tinting, and broken glass still falls out of the bottom of the door every time I open it. Supposedly the door was taken apart and the door latch and window motor replaced. It seems like the broken glass would have been removed and an unscathed glass replacement would have been used.
Ethan W., Fix Op Director from Tonkin Gresham Honda responded on 06/13/2019

Thank you State Farm Insurance! This was an insurance claim that through State Farm. They required used parts which showed up broken twice. Repairs were completed as fast as possible considering the circumstances and used parts supplied by State Farm Insurance. Great leaning experience for all.

Service Director

KV
KENT V.
06/07/2019 Category: Service
We all have our bad days
Arrived for my 1PM appointment at 12:55 for oil change and at 1:30 my pilot had not moved! I was told it was finished at 2:35! Others who were waiting were falling asleep. I was rather upset and my old memory couldn't remember this bad a service in the 20+ years of going to Gresham Honda. Must be Mark is not there.
The service rep who finished up the paperwork was other than friendly or apologetic. Think they knew I was "bitching" about the time wasted there. They did not explain the "requires immediate attention" items on the service record - not how important to fix ASAP and those that could wait for the next service. I put very little mileage on the pilot these days.
Hopefully things improve significantly or "There is always Orient Motors."
Rip VW

CG
CHRISTOPHER G.
Happy Valley, OR
06/06/2019 Category: Service
Recall missed while servicing vehicle
Came in for service tti resurface rotars, changed break fluid and front wipers.

My back wiper didn't get noticed ans replaced. And most importantly ans the reason for my review here, is they didn't mention anything about a SAFETY recall.

Now I realize why my sons seat wasn't latching else driving in the freeway.

VERY disappointed.... quality changes when ownership changes.

DANA L.
06/04/2019 Category: Service
SLOW
I drove in Friday the 5/31/19 and was told there was no more express services and that my wait would be one hour to one and a half.
Disappointed I left with a 11;30 appointment for Monday. Got there 11:30 went shopping and came back and car not touched. They got to it at 12:45

Damascus, OR
05/17/2019 Category: Service
Too long for recall service
It took 5 hours to perform a 2 hour recall service with no reason given why it was taking so long. I’ve had great service in the past from this dealership but unfortunately not this time.

KH
KAO H.
Troutdale, OR
03/30/2019 Category: Service
Service guy who made alot of commision of me
They fix the problem but I was quoted for a price and somehow it went up 3 times what I was quoted for. I feel the service person was getting paid by commision. He call me 3 times for 3 different price and it keeps going higher each call I get. I was going to take my car else where but I will lose the $130 just for diagnostic problem which I already knew the problem. I call around. Others were willing to do half the price but I was stuck paying the diagnostic. Im still mad about the price but what the hell so I just take it up the ass and paid for it. Didnt want to deal with the service guy who probably made 300 buck of this service.
Ethan W., Fix Op Director from Tonkin Gresham Honda responded on 04/03/2019

Owner tried repairing on his own. Did not go well. Yes; it did take 3 calls to correct the depth of the problem.

Service Director

TH
TONY H.
Honda Civic Sdn
01/17/2019 Category: Service
Unhappy customer.
I had a 4-wheel alignment done to my 2009 Civic on 1/16/2019. The chart shows it was not done correctly. I am not happy with the result and the work done.

KR
KRISTA R.
Honda Civic Sedan
01/14/2019 Category: Service
Very pushy with sales
I have a 2016 the I bought NEW from a dealership. Today I wanted my oil change and was told it estimated to be $240.. I didn’t even know what to say when was given that quote. I told him I wanted a simple oil change and the price dropped to $50. Then while waiting in the lobby I watched as each employee tried to upscale every person sitting in that room. It was disgusting, I want to go to Honda because I thought I was getting the best care yet the employee came out to me and told me I NEED A NEW BATTERY!! I have 48,000 miles on my car and I need a new battery!? Then they guy replied well.. it’s not a priority. How is a battery not a priority for a car!?! Sorry I won’t be returning to this store they are pushy
Ethan W., Fix Op Director from Tonkin Gresham Honda responded on 01/18/2019

I am hopeful that after a phone conversation, all is well.

REINHARD B.
01/10/2019 Category: Service
different answer from different staff
I was told on the phone ,I did not need an appointment( but I do. )went in for oil change and was asked if I wanted a tire rotation(I declined and would do it next time) when I went in today I was told my rear oil unit was needed and I declined at the last visit( which was not the case) I was never told I need to replace oil in the rear unit or I would of. tech told me one thing and service guy told me another? tech asked me if he would research my problem and may need to order a part( so I waited) then the service guy said your car is done and ready for you to go (really) you would think the tech guy would tell me the correct information.then I was told I need a filter, it would be about 34-48$$ when I asked which filter was need I was told all of them and it would be $100- my question Do I need one or all? why was I quoted $34-48 one only.
Not sure who to listen too? very concerned! Not sure if I will go back or not

MARC D.
Beaverton, OR
12/11/2018 Category: Sales
Typical dealer experience
We purchased a 3 year old vehicle from this dealership. Had the typical back and forth that is the stigma when dealing with car salesman. I was dissapointed to have to go through this. I was told that the car would receive new wipers and a full tank. Neither happened.
When test driving the car, I neglected to open the center console. Once we got it home, I opened the console to find that the top latch was broken, and the lid barely attached. I called the dealership and spoke to my salesman, Michael Prickett. Michael dismissed my concern, and told me that his manager would call me back. The next day, I had not received the call so I called the dealership again and spoke with one of the sales managers (I think his name was Josh). The manager explicitly told me that he didn’t have enough money in it to repair the car beyond fixing a loose bolt. I very much understand that I purchased a used car as-is. I’m just highly dissapointed at how I was treated post sale. There was no concern for customer service or satisfaction. I would not recommend this dealership. There are far better dealers in the metro area that have a greater concern for customer service.

Corbett, OR
10/08/2018 Category: Service
Getting pricey
Service is great, but everything is getting too expensive. I may as well buy a new car.

PM
PAMELA M.
08/17/2018 Category: Service
I was not told that my vehicle was done.
I came in for an oil change. I was told that there was no one in front of me and the job would be done quickly. I waited an hour and twenty minutes and finally decided I would ask what was going on. As I walked to the desk, I saw my vehicle parked and ready to go. The attendant said she didn't know why I wasn't told, but the vehicle had been done for a long time. I missed work that I shouldn't have, and left with a very sour taste in my mouth. I've always been pleased with your service, but this is totally unacceptable.
Ethan W., Fix Op Director from Tonkin Gresham Honda responded on 08/27/2018

Concerns addressed and corrected via phone.

Sandy, OR
Honda Civic Sedan
08/07/2018 Category: Service
Coupon not valid anymore!
Very annoyed that coupon didn’t work for oil change, yet the price for an oil change continues to rise! Honda makes more than enough money, don’t be cheap!!!

BD
BJ D.
Honda Fit
07/14/2018 Category: Sales
Honda or Hondon’t
First off, I don’t normally bother with these surveys/reviews but this one I figure I’ll fill out. I didn’t really like this place or my experience.

I found a car through the CostCo Auto Program, which linked me with the manager here. After some brief texting back and forth he stopped replying after I asked about a specific car. I really wanted it so I decided to just go to the lot and check if it was there. I was told it wasn’t there but it could be soon. I test drove a similar vehicle and decided to go ahead with the purchase. I was told I was getting a discount through CostCo and the car I wanted would there the next day. Then while in the paying process I was told the discount was not from CostCo but because it was a demo car, currently being driven by a son of one of the Tonkins. I was hesitant but was assured it’d be fine.

I show up today, the car is there and the backseat is full of dog hair. I don’t care that much but there was a huge chunk (as in with skin there too, it was about the size of a car key) just laying there in plain sight, which just meant that they didn’t bother to check the car over. This is what ruined the experience for me. I now have anxiety over the “new” car I bought. To top it all off the car doesn’t have floor mats for some reason and I was told I could buy some...

Ultimately, the guy who sold me my car was great. He seemed relatively new at car sales or at least was honest enough to admit when he didn’t know something but was quick to get an answer for me. He was trustworthy and well that’s a great thing for a dealership. However, I felt like the rest of the staff viewed me as just another guy to make a buck off of and treated me as such. I got contradicting information from the higher ups and then was ignored when I came in to pick up the car I bought.

I feel like I would have written a very positive review yesterday but the process of getting the car today ruined it for me.

I’m sure I’ll regret writing this when I eventually have to return to get my car serviced but maybe I won’t even bother. If these guys can’t even observe a chunk of dog skin and dog hair all over the backseat, would I really trust them to service the vehicle?

TP
TIMOTHY P.
Camas, WA
Chevrolet Cruze
06/28/2018 Category: Sales
Pressured sales and purchased car was not detailed well nor was gas tank filled.
We made it very clear what our budget was to purchase the car we were interested in. Yet still they tried to upsale extended warranty and gap coverage. We declined and then our salesman's supervisor came over with his numbers sheet and again without being upfront tried to get us to accept high payment terms with extended warranty and gap coverage. In fact, I had to ask if it included the warranty and gap and he said yes. I got very irritated and said I just told his employee before he left to bring him over that we were not interested in purchasing the warranty or gap. "Why not?" he asked. To me, it's none of their business we are the customers period, respect our answers and decisions without questions.

I don't appreciate being swindled into accepting terms and packages I clearly already declined.

Next, I complained the car smelled of stale cigarette smoke which I know can't be eliminated with product instantly or it wouldn't have smelled during the test drive. No discount consideration was given for this issue plus it still smells after their miracle product was used.

Also, the detailing of the car was less than acceptable. The windshield was smudged horribly and was difficult to drive home. Also, no one failed to fill the tank which is common courtesy when you purchase a vehicle. It had less than a quarter tank. Again, not acceptable.

I will not recommend Tonkin Honda to my friends or family nor will be returning customers. Very disappointed in our experience.

LK
LARRY K.
Stevenson, WA
06/26/2018 Category: Service
June 2018 had to come back to have rotors machined. That work was not completed when I had the brakes done in Feb 2018.
I am disappointed that had to come back in June to finish work that was supposed to be done when I had the car worked on in February. You have lost my trust and confidence in any work performed there.
Ethan W., Fix Op Director from Tonkin Gresham Honda responded on 06/26/2018

Thank you Larry for taking my call today. I appriciate your feedback and hope we can continue to earn your business.
Service and Parts Director
Gresham Honds

JOHN B.
Vancouver, WA
Honda Element
06/22/2018 Category: Service
Different vibe....and not good.
I’ve been going to Tonkin Gresham Honda for many years. The Service staff has always been spectacular in all respects and they were so on.my visit today. That’s why I consistory drive 2 Honda dealerships to get there.

However the vibe has changed. I waited for my car today for about an hour. During this time I was really disgusted by what was going on around me. The salespeople in the corner off Car were acting like a bunch of high school kids, talking lol ud, sometimes yelling at eacother with all sorts of animated behavior. There was really obnoxious music coming from the Far East corner of the dealership. I heard somethings said by the salespeople that really lacked in professionalism and respect. I sat and looked at a Civic Type R that was wearing a prominent day glow orange sign asking some $10K over MSRP. Shameful.

I’m sorry....it’s not the Tonkin Gresham Honda that I used to know.

I will say again....Service folks are SPECTACULAR. Salespeople.... dry disappointing. I can’t imagine buying a car there.

John

JUAN A.
Honda Civic Coupe
04/29/2018 Category: Service
Customer services was very rude and in a hurry to answer questions
I have had bad experiences here
Heather M. from Tonkin Gresham Honda responded on 05/07/2018

Juan, we would like to give you a chance to re-score us based on how we followed up with your concerns.  We take your feedback very seriously and appreciate you being honest about your experience.  We hope to see you again!

DONALD W.
04/23/2018 Category: Service
Bad tranny n deal
Purchase car on a Sunday drove one day transmission went out check cleared the bank the next day though after two weeks waiting they finally put a transmission in it for half price after receiving the car I thought the oil looks a little dirty so I took it to Ron Tonkin Hyundai where they check the oil after being warmed up and was a quart low for the money I put in the car in the money I put down on the transmission I should have had no problems driving that 450 60,000 miles this was through you guys reputable deal or I thought one of the service managers Jim ask me why I bought the car I wanted to ask him why did you sell me the car when you knew it was bad the reason I know that or think that it's cuz you cash my check the next day. Not to happy. Brian w.

RP
ROBBIN P.
04/14/2018 Category: Sales
Only deal with managers.
There sales man simmon is a liar and creap. Dont believe anything he says better yet dont deal with him at all.