Overall Rating 1.3333333/5rating 1.3333333rating 1.3333333rating 1.3333333rating 1.3333333

CD
CARL D.
08/13/2019 Category: Service
Friendly, professional, nice people.
Dealt with Jamie Powers. Very pleased with service and attention with follow up calls. However, very disappointed that I have a 2017 CRV that I bought new from Tonkin and am still waiting for the Audio Update. My phone functions are affected, the audio reception is very poor, and I am certainly not comfortable with my screen BLACKING OUT. Please address this issue so that I can enjoy my vehicle as intended.

LH
LARRY H.
08/08/2019 Category: Service
Wait was not expected
I have been a Gresham Honda customer for over 13 years, from my first Honda to my present CRV, I have felt that my needs have been taken care of and the concern for the customer genuine.

I made an appointment for my first oil change on my 2019 CRV. I was told that if I made an appointment the wait would be about 30 to 45 minutes and if I just walked in the wait could be as long as 2 hours or more. My appointment was at 2:30 and I arrived 15 minutes early. After checking in I got some coffee and later popcorn. At 4 o'clock I finally checked out, I feel that I was mislead, an hour and three quarters is a long way from 30-45 minutes. I understand that estimated times are hard to predict, but keeping a customer informed about any delays goes a long way in customer satisfaction.
Ethan W., Fix Op Director from Tonkin Gresham Honda responded on 08/08/2019

Good Morning Mr. Harmon,

Just wanted to apologize for your long wait time, and our communication breakdown. I sincerely appreciate your input. We are working diligently to build our express crew back up. This will certainly shorten wait times in the future. Thank you for 13 years of patronage and for taking the time to answer this survey.

Sincerely,

Ethan Woehl
Service Director

WW
WILLIAM W.
Vancouver, WA
08/06/2019 Category: Service
Alignment
Great work, timely. Drives much smoother. No transmission in the steering wheel..

08/04/2019 Category: Sales
New Vehicle Purchase
Not necessarily a bad experience, but 2 things that made the day more grueling. 1. We had a newer sales person and his knowledge of the vehicle we bought was very limited. Could not answer a number of questions without seeking help and sometimes just threw an answer out there that we knew, or found out later, was not correct. He was very polite and professional, just did not have proper training/knowledge on the product he was selling. 2. The wait time for paperwork literally took hours. It was a busy day at the dealership so some delay is understandable. (Also, we were apologized to a number of times for the delay, which helped.) However, it still was hard to sit doing nothing for 3 hours just waiting to sign the papers for our new vehicle. The dealership on the whole is very nice, clean, friendly, and professional with a helpful staff. This is what makes me rate it as a 4 rather than something lower.

GM
GARY M.
Stevenson, WA
08/03/2019 Category: Service
recall fix and key fob
Scheduled recall fix for shifter knob, predicted for about 30 min. We were in the car in 37 min. But part of that extra time was to investigate why my key fob wasn't working. At first, by checking the ignition signal, he said it was just the battery. But after I put a specific (Duracell) battery in, no luck. Went back and while he had taken it apart at first, this time, one of the other guys noticed the little red dot inside the cover, which signals that it got wet. It would be nice to have a check list of sorts for key fob issues to look at the first time. While I have no idea if condensation or something else caused moisture to get inside the key fob, knowing the problem right away would have allowed me to get the replacement the same day. I live 30 miles out, so now I have to schedule a time to get a new one programmed. I think a bit more training or process improvement would have saved me some time and trouble. Thanks.

Troutdale, OR
07/27/2019 Category: Service
Oil change/Tire rotation
Great service but had to to wait two hours for service to be completed.

FG
FREDERICK G.
07/19/2019 Category: Service
Oil change.
Great service. In and out in 45 minutes without an appointment.
The only disappointment is that they didn't tell me that they no longer include the tire rotation with the service until the vehicle was ready for pick up. The price didn't reflect the reduced effort though.
Just another corner cut at the expense of the customer!

MICHAEL P.
Fairview, OR
07/16/2019 Category: Sales
2018 CRV purchase
We were welcomed quickly upon arrival. Salesman John was great. Very informative, helpful, friendly, professional, very knowledgeable about everything the CRV has to offer. We like the car very much. The deal went smoothly. Everything was pretty much top notch. Two things that could have taken the experience from a 4 star rating to a 5 star rating. (The car was on the show room floor, although it was a certified used car, it has 5600 miles on it, and virtually new.)
1) A full tank of gas would have been nice ( we asked and were told only for "new vehicles". )
2) Making sure the sirius radio (3 month free) was in place by the dealership.
We took care of both of these ourselves. We have just made a several thousand dollar purchase and if these two seemingly small details had been offered it could have easily been an "over the top" customer service experience.

PY
PORTIA Y.
07/13/2019 Category: Service
Staff members are very nice.

DAN M.
07/11/2019 Category: Service
Honda Accord oil change
Got oil change

West Linn, OR
Honda Civic Hybrid
06/30/2019 Category: Service
Service 6/27/19
The service people are wonderful & I appreciate their accurate estimated completion time. I just wish it wasn’t so noisy in the waiting areas - between all the TV’s & music, it’s difficult to read. Which is why I usually spend the waiting time outside, Unfortunately there are no outside benches or chairs.

CA
CHERI A.
Clackamas, OR
06/29/2019 Category: Service
First experience with maintenance
They honored our coupon. They were able to get us in at a reasonable time.
They didn’t offer water or coffee like Toyota used to do when I waited for the oil change.

Honda Fit
06/21/2019 Category: Service
self
Did a good job and were efficient.

ROBERT S.
06/12/2019 Category: Service
Oil Change, etc.
Everything went well and in a timely manner. The only thing that I don't like is getting in the mail and on my email shorty after every visit for a service is SiriusXm sends Free 2-Month Trial Subscription to their service. My car is 2004 Accord, one would think my now fifteen years I would have it if wanted this!!!!

06/10/2019 Category: Service
Good but not excellent
They could not explain me exactly what my car needs. The guy looked confused and his explanation wasn’t very clear.

CL
CRISMON L.
06/07/2019 Category: Service
Very responsive
I was impressed by how responsive and helpful the service team was.

AW
ALLAN W.
Troutdale, OR
06/06/2019 Category: Service
People there are great.
From the writer to the mechanic they all do the best job for you.

Never gave a five star to anyone. Just for the record.

Sandy, OR
Honda HR-V
05/31/2019 Category: Service
Your service people (Steve) makes it a pleasure to do business with you.
Checked in and told it would be an hour---1 !/2 hours. You should do what airlines do. Give yourself some wiggle room with the estimated completion time. Other than that totally happy with you as always.

05/27/2019 Category: Service
Quick Service
Good service, fair price.

HC
HALLIE C.
Hyundai ELANTRA
05/27/2019 Category: Sales
Brandon was great to work with, very personable. He made us feel like he was on our team. Very low pressure sales pitch but I went home happy with an (almost) new car. I felt like he listened to my needs and really delivered on the goods. I had to compromise on the kind of car I bought to get financing but ended up very happy with it. Its a great car and I feel safer driving it. All of his pitches were well memorized, nice natural delivery. He made us feel very at ease.
Not so stoked on the guy shadowing him though. Arrogant attitude, body language indicated that he was bored and didn't want to be there. He literally laughed at me when I had to count something on my fingers. I have dyslexia of numbers and I literally cannot count in my head. Very rude.
But Brandon was great. I would highly recommend him to any of my friends.