Overall Rating 1.8/5Overall Rating 1.8/5Overall Rating 1.8/5Overall Rating 1.8/5Overall Rating 1.8/5

DEEFORR G.
BMW 740I
07/10/2014 Category: Service
Job not complete
I had the oil changed in my 740i BMW. when I got home ( 7Miles one way) I noticed that the monitor that monitors my oil life hadn't been reset. I drove back to the shop and was told I had to wait. I became very vocal and my car was then rushed to the front of the line. No one apologized or offered any type of discount. Shame on you Town Bmw. I wonder if the Mercedes dealership would be as careless
Tom A. from Towne BMW responded on 07/11/2014

I apologise for the lights not being reset.Adam and I met and he will insure you are well taken care of on your next visit. Sincerely, Tom antoniadis  BMW Service Manager

Tim C., General Manager from Towne BMW responded on 07/11/2014

Deeforr---- thatnk you for writing--that was totally our fault on this and we are sorry.  We do appreciate your business.  The technician has been spoken to about this problem.

Tim Connelly
General Manager

MJ
MARK ROBERT J.
BMW BMW 328I
07/02/2014 Category: Service
Sloppy work
Tire rotation - bolts of one of the tires not tightened. Lucky the tire didn't fall off before I found them loose
"Detail" - Horrible wax job. Swirls and wax left everywhere especially in the door handles.
Alignment - had to be re-done
Had the wheels checked independently and the right rear wheel was rusted on making me think that it was never removed and therefore never rotated
Tom A. from Towne BMW responded on 07/07/2014

We will contact to resolve any issues

JAMEL C P.
BMW 528XI
06/19/2014 Category: Service
Not what I expected from a luxury dealership
As a past owner of many luxury brands, the expectation and what I have experienced until now of dealership experience is always that of a "high-touch". My experience was rushed at best. I guess I was the most turned off by the loaner experience, they put me in a dirty, dog hair laden RAV4.. Grant you I own both a '14 5 Series and a '13 7 Series, and not to be snotty, I expected a 1 Series at the absolute worst, but I sure was surprised. At this point I may have to switch brands or try the guys up the interstate.. I am sure I will get the "If you did not buy it here, we don't offer the complementary loaner service....". Can't wait to see what happens when the 7 goes in...
Tom A. from Towne BMW responded on 06/20/2014

Mr. Perkins,

I will provide alternate transportation when you come in for service for either car.I cannot guarantee a BMW every time and use Hertz as our backup. Their cars should be clean and presentable and I will make them aware of your situation.You can also contact your sales person for loaner assistance. Thank you for making me aware of the condition of the loaner.  Sincerely, Tom Antoniadis BMW Service Manager

JI
JET-BLACK SEALERS I.
BMW 335XI
06/14/2014 Category: Service
No one returned my phone call
In this day of advance communication there is no reason for not returning a phone call to set up a service appointment. I had to get my sales representative involved to get any response.
Tom A. from Towne BMW responded on 06/16/2014

i apologise no one returned your call.  Please call Adam direct at 505 2100 X5412   He will assist you   Tom   BMW Service Manager

JORDAN L M.
Blasdell, NY
BMW 328XI
06/05/2014 Category: Service
Not a happy customer.
I brought my 2011 328i BMW to be serviced at towne Ford, and I can only say that I was disappointed with the customer service. They brought me out a 2006 black ford escape with a counted 15 bird droppings on it and a quarter filled tank of gas. Not only this but the car alone in is under okay condition at best. When I bring my nice and clean car in to get serviced, I would hope to have received something comparable and respectable, especially from a dealership with multiple locations and multiple vehicles. There is no excuse for this type of customer service when I am spending 3000 dollars in collision and servicing. Very disappointed.

REZA B.
Clarence, NY
BMW M3
05/14/2014 Category: Service
Service gone bad
If you care about your car's paint make sure it is not washed. I dropped the car for a simple oil change and inspection, 2 hours later I was greeted to a car I would not recognize. My brand new car's finish was destroyed by deep scratches on every panel. Car is covered by swirl marks and scratches even the 3M clear bra that was applied on the hood is scratched. I was promised a call by service manager that is yet to come. Supposed to have detail guys see what they can do to fix the car as much as possible, will see what happens.
Have to say my SA Dan Ives is the most awesome guy I have ever dealt with, he has been great but there is not much he can do in the situation.
Tom A. from Towne BMW responded on 05/15/2014

I understand the detail manager has allready contacted you and you will be coming in tomorrow. Every effort will be made to remedy the situation      Tom

ROBERT E M.
Lewiston, NY
BMW BMW Z4
04/08/2014 Category: Service
Incorrect advice that goes against owners manual. Customer service that was insulting to my fiance.
I sent my 2014 Z4 in to get oil change and inspection that had 11,000 miles on it. The service rep (Phil) refused to talk to my fiance after being told repeatedly that the car was hers and not the other lady that went with her for the service. Phil decided that the rear tires would not pass inspection. When I talked to him I thought it was ridiculous as I take very good care of the car and never drive aggressively. I was irritated and he said that the low tread was due to "spirited aggressive driving" and a lack of tire rotation. To make matters worse, when I looked up information about the tires in the owners manual it says specifically that it is not recommended to rotate the tires as it could lead to improper handling. So the rep not only insulted us by not giving my fiance the courtesy of addressing her, telling me that I drive aggressively, but also gave us incorrect and possible dangerous advice that goes against the owners manual. My thoughts...just another way to take advantage of what he thought were ignorant customers. This is how car dealers and especially service stations get bad names and make it very uncomfortable for hard working people to want to interact with them.
Tom A. from Towne BMW responded on 04/09/2014

I apologise for your bad experience.I realise BMW does not recommend rotation but on your particular model I disagree. I checked with my tech and you will get more mileage out of your tires if you rotate every 7500 miles.  You need 2 rear tires and we will buy 1 if you buy 1 as a 1 time goodwill gesture. Please call Bill at 505 5443 and he can assist you.

Tom Antoniadis  BMW Service Manager

MADHUKAR A S.
East Amherst, NY
BMW 325I
02/25/2014 Category: Service
I have not found a better service department.
Ian W. from Towne BMW responded on 03/27/2014

Hello Madhukar,

Thank you for the kind words! It appears that you may have chosen one star, instead of 5, for our service.

I will be sending you a ReScore request shortly. Please consider giving us 5 out of 5 stars.

Thank you!
Ian C. Woods
Towne BMW

JAMES E G.
BMW BMW 325XIT
02/21/2014 Category: Service
Failed again
Brought car in to address a door-open dash light that was firing although the door was not open. Technicians could not solve, returned car to me.
Tom A. from Towne BMW responded on 02/21/2014

We scanned the vehicle and no faults showed and we were unable to duplicate concern.It may be a rt frt door latch as described on the work order.If the light persists coming on pls call me.

Sincerely,  Bill  505 2100  x5443

DAVID R M.
02/14/2014 Category: Service
Why would we ever want to buy a BMW from Towne ever again
Three times to the Town BMW service for a transmission error light - Visit one charged $136 for diagnostics. they replaced a $12 relay at visit two. Visit three - they charged battery and recommended buying new battery - and said you probably need a new transmission. Returned to private garage to replace battery under warranty for $150. Transmission light still came on. The local private garage diagnosed the problem was a faulty starter. Replaced for $700. Car drives like a dream. But Towne BMW after three visits could not diagnosis the problem with their "state-of -the -art diagnostics and BMW trained mechanics" Remember the commercial with the goofy looking guy that said " I always wanted to work on a transmission"
Tom A. from Towne BMW responded on 02/17/2014

WE will refund the diag charge and give you a discount on the starter you purchased.WE certainly try our best and apologize for your inconvenience. It certainly was not intentional.                      Sincerely,  Tom Antoniadis Service Manager

HP
HETTICH E P.
WILLIAMSVILLE, NY
01/30/2014 Category: Service
Great place but this must be a mistake
I was never there
Recheck your records
Ian W. from Towne BMW responded on 03/27/2014

Hi Paul...

I am not sure why you received a survey, when in fact you were not here. I will be contacting our software company to investigsate.

In the meantime, your 1 out of 5 stars hurts our reputation online. Would you considering giving us a 5 instead? I will send you a ReScore request shortly, in the hopes that you will consider it.

Thank you for your time Paul and sorry for the inconvenience.

Ian C. Woods
Towne BMW

JORDAN A S.
Hamburg, NY
BMW BMW 328I
01/17/2014 Category: Service
Excellent Sales - Terrible Service/Repair
Had a wonderful experience purchasing the car, but numerous times going in for small repairs and maintenance I have always had issues with the staff.

Staff arguing with me that issues I'm having with the car aren't possible. Rude response over phone calls. Overall unhappy experience taking car back for service.
Tom A. from Towne BMW responded on 01/21/2014

Art will contact you   We will provide loaner    We will make every attempt to verify your concern and repair     Tom

TH
THUY T H.
BMW 528XI
01/12/2014 Category: Service
not helpful and not friendly
My drop off experience was not very pleaseful. I felt no effort was made to accommodate me dropping off my brand new car for my annual oil change and maintenance. I had to paid for rental insurance from Hertz which I never had to in the past for buying a brand new car from other dealers. They would accommodate me with comparable car. They gave me a CHEVY MALIBU. I know that you guys have a reputable name in cars, but I feel that if someone else came with the same situation, it would have been handle differently and more pleasing. This is not the first time that I felt the same way about this. I truly enjoy driving the car that i purchased, but for service it is very disappointing to me and all my friends and family.
Tom A. from Towne BMW responded on 01/13/2014

We have a limited number of BMW loaners.Hertz is on sight to accomodate our customers promptly with new cars as alternate transportation.You can contact your sales person if no BMW loaners are available.

We strive to give the best service and treat everyone like a valued customer.    Sincerely,  Tom Antoniadis   BMW Service Manager

BK
BRYAN A K.
Grand Island, NY
10/30/2013 Category: Service
Not much from what I can tell so far. Hopefully things will get better in the future.
Problem was not corrected after 2 attempts.
Tom A. from Towne BMW responded on 11/07/2013

another appoinment set up for door adjustment

RAVI R.
Herndon, VA
10/17/2013 Category: Service
Scheduled Maintenance
Not satisfied since problem areas (brake, head rests, etc.) were not checked