KW
Kelly W.
11/13/2018
Check Engine light
I had read a lot of reviews about this Amazing shop ..
Walked in and they were able to get me in to have my truck Diagnostic Done..
Very Professional.
They didn’t have good news for my truck but gave me several options on the fix.
Thanks for the awesome service

Marsue C.
Draper, UT
09/06/2011
my car is still broken
my car is still broken. Paid $260 for diagnostic that was not preformed. was told such and such is wrong with your car, then given a call after paying and leaving with my car that is was probably something else. Repairs that were billed were not done as stated AND the issues I brought the car in for were not addressed. Not sure what I was charged for. Was told it was for internet research on what the wires in my car were. Very very nice guys. Not sure why this happened.
Erick M. from Viking Automotive responded on 09/14/2011
We would like to thank Marsue and her husband Patrick for allowing us the opprotunity to address their concerns with the repair work we did. We hope that we have been able to earn back our valued customers.

Megan H.
American Fork, UT
Honda Civic Cpe
08/16/2019
Nice people. Frustrating experience.
I went to Viking because it had such great reviews on yelp. I made an appointment for 8 am to drop my car off and took an Uber to work. I don’t have an extra car so I wanted the first appointment hoping my car would be ready by the end of the work day. Viking called me at 2:00 and had just barely started looking at my car. If I wanted them to do the work on it, it would take another day. I made arrangements to be without a car for another day. Viking fixed my brakes and replaced all my tires. After I left with my car and had driven about 10 miles my “check TPMS” light came on. The technician hadn’t calibrated my new tires. Viking is closed on weekends so I will have to take it back in on Monday and have to miss even more work. As I was driving it home I also noticed problems with my cars acceleration on hills, which I haven’t noticed before. Everyone at Viking was very nice...but I felt like the appointment times didn’t matter, my car was not a priority, and to be honest, after my TPMS alert came on, I am not very confident in the work performed.

FV
Frank V.
Mercury Mountaineer
02/21/2019
Not impressed...
Not sure how 5 stars on Yelp was achieved, but it was the usual mechanic experience. They are overpriced, they hope you don't notice. With what they charged me, I might as well go to the dealer; better waiting room and customer service. I won't be back.

John S.
Scion tC
11/05/2019 Category: Service
John would not recommend this business for service. He felt the employees were uneducated and rude. He said they couldn't fix his vehicle because they didn't know what they were doing.

South Jordan, UT
Volkswagen Passat
09/09/2019
Underwhelming
Pros: They seem to have great ratings. The guys working here are friendly. The shop appears cleaner than most other places I've seen.

Cons: I set up an appointment for 8am to 10am. I was told it would be an hour before they look at the car when I dropped it off at 8am. I called at noon to find out what the analysis was but they said they weren't ready yet. They didn't call me to tell me what exactly was wrong with the A/C until almost 3pm. What's the point of an appointment if they don't even look at the car during the appointment? Before they even look at the car, they ask you to sign the consent to work on the car and make repairs. They also don't give you a heads up that they will charge you for their time if you opt out of getting the repairs done. I get that their time is valuable, but I had no idea I was going to pay $110 for them to tell me the A/C fan was broken, which I already knew.

NV
Naresh V.
Volkswagen Jetta Sedan
06/20/2019 Category: Service
Naresh said at first this business charged him $203. When he complained they brought it down to $183, and then $153, which is what they initially quoted him. After he got the vehicle home, he noticed that he had a warning light on. He took it back and the technician told him that the warning light would go off in one day, but today is the second day. He said if the warning light does not go off, he will be taking the vehicle back again. He said he would not recommend this business and will not use them next time.

11/16/2018
$120.00 to diagnose???
Politicians, Doctors, Lawyers, Mechanics... Trust is not a word that comes to mind. Was quoted $2,000.00 for repairs initially, then the number went up to potentially $3,500.00 and then even $4,500.00! That's what I paid for the car! Got a second opinion; and the second opinion said he could fix the leaks for $300.00 and he would replace the spark plugs for free. I live paycheck to paycheck and saving in this economy is tough. I will go with option B.

BL
Brittany L.
Nissan Sentra
01/11/2013
The People
Great Service however the part took longer to get there than expected.

Jordan B.
West Jordan, UT
Dodge Dakota
12/15/2012 Category: Service
Jordan said this business replaced the wrong O-2 censor. It was a bit of a pain in the butt but this establishment fixed the problem. He mentioned that he hasn't had a problem with the vehicle since. He said for this business to keep up the good work and if he ever experiences issues with his vehicle he will be bringing it here for service.

Joel G.
10/17/2019 Category: Service
Joel said the service was pretty good, but not perfect. The process was transparent and well done.

MA
Mohaumed A.
Chevrolet Camaro
09/24/2019 Category: Service
Mohaumed said the service was good. There was an issue with the door opening however, and the employees didn't know how to fix it.

SA
Sacia A.
08/16/2019 Category: Service
Sacia said when she left this business her vehicle check engine light and others were on that were not on before.

HC
Hyrum C.
Volvo S60
04/09/2019 Category: Service
Hyrum said the staff did really well explaining all of the options he had for his vehicle. The staff informed him the repairs were more expensive than the value of his vehicle.

Alyssa B.
03/08/2019 Category: Service
Alyssa said the service at this business was really good. The staff was very kind.