Virginia Tire and Auto of Cascades

Overall Rating 4.64286/5Overall Rating 4.64286/5Overall Rating 4.64286/5Overall Rating 4.64286/5rating 4.64286
Overall Rating 1.85714/5rating 1.85714rating 1.85714rating 1.85714rating 1.85714
Latest Review over 1 year ago

LEIGH B.
GMC Acadia
10/26/2015
customer service
I had to take my vehicle back to fix something they already fixed but it was not problem as it was under warranty. There was no hassle what so ever

TD
THOMAS D.
10/25/2015
Friendly and prompt service
I recently purchased 4 tires and a wheel alignment and was very pleased with the experience. The shuttle service is particular beneficial to me as I live alone and do not have a way to get to and from the shop while my vehicle is being serviced.

AW
AMY W.
Alexandria, VA
10/22/2015
The drop-off point is easy to use, great customer service & my car is always returned clean!

DAVID/ERIN G.
10/21/2015
Very professional, fixed my issue quickly and gave me a loaner!
My tire went flat randomly when out to breakfast, but there was still enough air to drive up to our nearest tire shop, Virginia Tire and Auto of Cascades. They were very professional, came out and took a look right away, and put it on the schedule for the day. They even gave us a ride back to my house to get our other car. They called a couple hours later and it turned out my tire needed replaced (glass in sidewall), and they didn't have that tire in stock, but could get it the next morning. They provided me a loaner car, let me keep it through the next day, and their late hours meant I could swap out the loaner for my car after work. Easy!

BW
BASIL W.
10/21/2015
My favorite auto repair shop, but it fails the brown M&Ms test
Van Halen's concert contract called for a bowl of M&Ms with all the brown ones removed, to determine whether the venue had bothered to pay attention to the life-threatening details of the rest of the contract.

The last time I was at VA Tire & Auto the mechanic said "I can't get the tire pressure sensor to turn off, maybe if you drive it around for a while." Turns out there's a pressure sensor on the spare tire, which he didn't check or inflate.

VA Tire & Auto is still my favorite auto repair shop, but forgetting to inflate the spare makes me wonder what other life-threatening details they miss.
Jason M. from Virginia Tire and Auto of Cascades responded on 10/21/2015

We appreciate you letting us know about your experience with us.  I will definitely be looking into this matter and addressing it with our team.  Attention to detail is very important and we do not take these matters lightly.  We appreciate your business over the years and look forward to seeing you and your vehicles again in the future.

JOANNE G.
Acura RDX
Excellent customer service!
When my car had a flat tire 2 weeks ago (my grandbaby was with me in the car), the folks at VA Tire were most helpful. They immediately looked at the tire and put on the spare. All tire options were explained to me. While I didn't purchase the tires here I was determined to give them my future business. I took my car in for an oil change and was very pleased with the service.

ES
great quick service. Thanks

COLLEEN/ED B.
Kia Optima
10/21/2015
Convenient, reliable, and moderately-priced.
We brought the Optima in to check on a headlight which had been working on and off: slamming the hood sometimes turned the light back on which led us to suspect a loose wire or something. Instead, they changed the bulb and, I suppose, in doing so, tightened the connection. I DO question whether the headlight needed to be replaced or whether it could have been simply tightened as noted above. But it seems top be working fine now that we have our $ 50.00 headlight bulb in it.

EM
ERIKA M.
Mercury Mountaineer
Good Work
They do a good job.

MICHEAL H.
Ford Econoline
10/20/2015
Convenient, local, and quality autowork, but now concerned estimate doesn't give me lowest costs to me.
I gave only 2/5 because my driver side mirror was cracked, and was quoted over $200 to replace a $13 piece of glass. I can only assume the estimate was to replace the whole rearview unit, when only the replacing the glass was necessary. Removing the old glass and applying the new took me 15 minutes. Didn't even need a qualified mechanic to do it. If this was your vehicle, would you have paid over $200 for replacing a rear view mirror glass? It bums me out, because I've been happy with the quality of service up til now, but now I am not sure if your estimates are for the work actually required to fix the problem and that I am being charged to replacing items that don't need replacing. Your estimate should not have cost me more than $50.
Jason M. from Virginia Tire and Auto of Cascades responded on 10/20/2015

We appreciate you taking the time and bringing this matter to our attention.  I went through and located the estimate that was provided to you and it was in fact for just the glass portion to be replaced on the driver side view mirror.  From what I can see the price was provided for an OEM mirror which would cost more than purchasing one from a glass or mirror supplier directly.  I had attempted to reach out as well but the gentleman I spoke with on the phone stated the number was incorrect.  Please give us a call when you get the chance.  We hope to continue to service your vehicle in the future.

JENIFER T.
Kia Sedona
10/19/2015
Disappointed
While fixing my van another part was damaged which of course was fixed for free. Although I appreciate the loaner car and free oil change I don't feel I was adequately compensated for the inconvenience and not properly kept in the loop of when the part would arrive. I understand mishaps happen but I was not convinced of great customer service especially since the orig. work to be done cost quite a bit of money. I could only recommend to another person because of its convenient location and shuttle service.
Jason M. from Virginia Tire and Auto of Cascades responded on 10/20/2015

We appreciate you bringing this to our attention.  I again want to apologize for the lack of communication about the parts not arriving when scheduled.  Thank you again for taking the time and speaking with me about this matter.  We look forward to continuing to service your vehicle.  Please let us know if you ever have any other questions or concerns.

JOHN/CHRIS R.
Great Falls, VA
10/18/2015
I'm happy...
I get prompt service and my car always performs better after my visit.

RUTH B.
10/17/2015
Great oil change service
I appreciate the thorough check they do of the car when I take it in for an oil change. I also appreciate that they show you any parts needing attention or replacement and explain your options.

LC
great service

MILTON C.
10/16/2015
Awesome Job!
They are flxible to my schedule. Knowledgable staff

GG
GAYANI G.
10/16/2015
Very prompt service
Honest attentive front desk personnel.

EL
ELEANOR L.
Honda Accord Crosstour
10/15/2015
Fast, but thorough service.
Needed State inspection and an oil change. They were able to accordance both immediately and offered the option to take care of two small issues.

JAMES A.
Herndon, VA
Hyundai Santa Fe Sport
10/15/2015
Tire Repair
I had a nail in my tire. VA Tire and Auto quickly fixed it and I was on my way.

KK
KELLIE JUDITH K.
10/14/2015
As always, all of the guys were very helpful, professional, and efficient!
I was in and out in a very short time and the guys were very accomodating and helpful!

SA