Virginia Tire and Auto of Cascades

Overall Rating 4.64286/5Overall Rating 4.64286/5Overall Rating 4.64286/5Overall Rating 4.64286/5rating 4.64286
Overall Rating 1.85714/5rating 1.85714rating 1.85714rating 1.85714rating 1.85714
Latest Review over 1 year ago

DIANNA B.
Honda Fit
11/16/2015
Two hour oil change
I know they were very busy when I went in, but I had set there an hour before my car was moved into the garage. I watched through the window, and saw a bunch of guys back in the back just chatting it up. The tech took my car in and it sat for about another 15-20 minutes, before he finally starting working on it. Because I have been to Virginia Tire and Auto of Cascades and it is very convenient, I will continue going there, but hopefully next time they will not move at Turtle speed. Thanks
Jason M. from Virginia Tire and Auto of Cascades responded on 11/17/2015

We appreciate you taking the time in writing this review as well as speaking with me on the phone about your experience.  I again wanted to apologize for the long wait time while your vehicle was here.  We will definitely be addressing this with our team and provide a better service for you in the future.  Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns.  We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

MICHEAL H.
Ford Econoline
10/20/2015
Convenient, local, and quality autowork, but now concerned estimate doesn't give me lowest costs to me.
I gave only 2/5 because my driver side mirror was cracked, and was quoted over $200 to replace a $13 piece of glass. I can only assume the estimate was to replace the whole rearview unit, when only the replacing the glass was necessary. Removing the old glass and applying the new took me 15 minutes. Didn't even need a qualified mechanic to do it. If this was your vehicle, would you have paid over $200 for replacing a rear view mirror glass? It bums me out, because I've been happy with the quality of service up til now, but now I am not sure if your estimates are for the work actually required to fix the problem and that I am being charged to replacing items that don't need replacing. Your estimate should not have cost me more than $50.
Jason M. from Virginia Tire and Auto of Cascades responded on 10/20/2015

We appreciate you taking the time and bringing this matter to our attention.  I went through and located the estimate that was provided to you and it was in fact for just the glass portion to be replaced on the driver side view mirror.  From what I can see the price was provided for an OEM mirror which would cost more than purchasing one from a glass or mirror supplier directly.  I had attempted to reach out as well but the gentleman I spoke with on the phone stated the number was incorrect.  Please give us a call when you get the chance.  We hope to continue to service your vehicle in the future.

NP
NANCY P.
10/01/2015
Will find another place to get my car serviced.
Slow! Customers who came in after me were serviced before me. Disorganized - I thought they had finished but they found something that they wanted to replace keeping me there even longer. Location is convenient for me but the service is disappointing.
Jason M. from Virginia Tire and Auto of Cascades responded on 10/01/2015

We appreciate you bringing this to our attention so that we may look into it.  I went through the video to check and see what caused your wait time to be so long.  The vehicle was in line for inspection and there were a few cars before yours which caused the wait time to be longer.  During the beginning and end of each month we tend to be busier with inspections.  I did see that once the vehicle was in the shop we were able to perform the services and repairs in roughly 45 minutes.  I apologize if this was not brought to your attention or a realistic time frame was not provided.  We hope to continue to service your vehicle in the future.  Please let us know if there are any other questions or concerns you may have.

THOMAS M.
Berryville, VA
09/08/2015
Why Virginia Tire Failed Me
Twice this year I have been to Virginia Tire to have work done on my car. TWICE I asked for a written quotation on special type of tire I wanted to purchase. BOTH TIMES I WAS PROMISED THIS but NOBODY ever followed through. You all left me twisting in the wind. One time I had scheduled a meeting with one of your sales people. When I showed up at the appointed time, he was nowhere to be found. The front desk paged him, but he never showed. Yes he was on site, several folks claimed to have seen in the back. But he could not be bothered to keep his appointment or answer the page. FYI, he is the black guy who works the front desk. I twiddled my thumbs waiting for a half hour past our scheduled appointment to discuss his recommendations and he never showed up or bothered to call me. A neighborhood garage would give me no worse service, plus a better price. What makes you all so special. NOTHING,.
Jason M. from Virginia Tire and Auto of Cascades responded on 09/09/2015

We appreciate you bringing this matter to our attention.  We will definitely be looking into trying to identify who the sales associate was that was suppose to be helping you.  I appreciate you taking the time with speaking with me about your visits with us and I am glad that we were able to help answer your questions about your tires over the phone.  The estimates have been sent out to you and we look forward to hearing from you and continuing to service your vehicle in the future.  Please let us know if you ever have any other questions or concerns.

MEGHAN/PATRICK M.
Potomac Falls, VA
Honda
08/14/2015
No new tire needed, just a patch...
Brought my new car in to have my tire, with low pressure, checked. While the team I worked with was friendly and my car was taken immediately, I was told I needed a new tire and the nail hole could not be patched. I drove my car from Virginia Tire & Auto to the Honda dealership. The folks at Honda took my car immediately, patched the hole for free, and I was off and running. Hmmmm, was VA Tire & Auto trying to get me to purchase a new tire for $200?? Or was this simply a matter of different perspectives?? Not entirely sure. Wanted to give my business to my neighborhood VA Tire & Auto, but I'm not sure that will happen next time.
Jason M. from Virginia Tire and Auto of Cascades responded on 08/14/2015

We appreciate you bringing this matter to our attention.  We will definitely be looking into this matter as well as reaching out to you to get more information.  We do not want our customers to feel that we are suggesting items that are not needed.  We do have a specific guideline on repairing tires.  If the puncture is to close to the edge of the tire then we can not perform a patch because it may not hold and would not be safe.  We appreciate your business and look forward to speaking with you.

Jason M. from Virginia Tire and Auto of Cascades responded on 08/14/2015

I appreciate you taking the time and speaking with me about your tire so that we could clarify why we deemed it not repairable.  We do appreciate your business and look forward to servicing your vehicles in the future.

PN
PAUL N.
07/11/2015
Ford Explorer 6/25/15
My Experience was not as good as I've experienced previously. I dropped my vehicle for service on Thurs and was told it would be ready for pickup at around 4pm on Friday. Instead, it was Saturday afternoon before I got it back. I hope these kind of delays do not become a regular occurrence.
Jason M. from Virginia Tire and Auto of Cascades responded on 07/13/2015

We appreciate you taking the time to write this review and informing us of what had happened during your experience with us.  I want to again apologize that we did not have the vehicle ready at the initial time promised.  Thank you as well for taking the time and speaking with me about this matter on the phone.  We appreciate your business over the years and look forward to continuing to service your vehicles.

JOHN L.
Honda Element
06/03/2015
Service and inspection were as expected
Service and inspection were performed and there were no real surprises and the price was reasonable.....but recommended services/maintenance items indicate they were reading a script (as most service centers do) without looking at the components they recommended work on... (cabin air filter change? Filter was spotless and new before bringing in for service).
I have no problem with added work to make your boat payment, but at least check the items and make a genuine and realistic evaluation of my vehicle before suggesting (un)necessary work......
Jason M. from Virginia Tire and Auto of Cascades responded on 06/06/2015

Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention.  We will definitely be looking into this.  We remove both the air filter and the cabin air filter as part of our Extra Mile Oil Change service and inspect them to see if they are needed before we make any suggestions to the customers.  We take integrity matters very seriously.  I had attempted to contact you in hopes to get more information about your visit.  Please feel free to contact us back whenever it is convenient.

DF
DIANA F.
05/13/2015
forgot sticker
I got my car inspected and I drove off before I realized they never put my inspection sticker on my front windshield
Jason M. from Virginia Tire and Auto of Cascades responded on 05/13/2015

We apologize for the inconvenience of having to return to have the sticker put on.  We have spoken to the inspector and stressed the importance of detail.  Thank you for bringing this to our attention so that we can address it with our inspectors.

TINA/MIKE S.
Reston, VA
Audi Q5
05/05/2015
Very satisfied with the resolution
I do not want the lack of communication of one employee hurt the reputation of this company. I have coming to them for years. It turns out the employee failed to advise his manager of the issue. I received a call from the manager within an hour of posting this review and he took care of me. Excellent customer service!! I'm back as a customer!

05/05/2015
Sadly disappointed in VA Tire
I came in for a routine oil change. I have taken 5 cars in for maintenance here for myself and my sons. I have always been satisfied - except for this time. I was brought dirty air filters to look at and asked if they could replace them. I said yes, but only if it didn't take long, as I had an appointment to get to. I was told no, not long at all, 30 minutes tops. An hour and a half later my car was ready. The guy behind the counter did not offer any explanation for letting me wait this long except that its what he was told. He didn't follow up or try to troubleshoot. When I asked for compensation for the long wait, he said all he could do was a couple bucks off my $200 bill. Then he said he would have the manager call me personally. Still waiting and it's been over a week now.
Jason M. from Virginia Tire and Auto of Cascades responded on 05/05/2015

We look to these reviews to let us know how we are doing with our customers and we appreciate you taking the time to write it.  I wanted to thank you for speaking with me over the phone about your experience as well.  I again want to apologize for the long wait that you had during your last visit.  We appreciate your business over the years and we look forward to continuing to service your vehicles in the years to come.  Please feel free to let us know if you ever have any other questions or concerns.

RUSSELL H.
Honda Accord
04/04/2015
The Cashier
The Cashier that managed my car work was rude. He told me that there were other problems with my car and asked if i would like them worked on now. I answered not right now. when he checked me out i asked if he wrote down the other problems with my car so i could work on them later. He replied that he did not have to since i didn't think they necessary to be worked then. That is the last time i go there
Jason M. from Virginia Tire and Auto of Cascades responded on 04/04/2015

I apologize for the poor experience that you received during your visit with us.  We do want to thank you for bringing this to our attention so that we may address it.  I had attempted to call you as well so that we may discuss your visit further.  It is procedure for us to provide an estimate with notations on all of our recommendations and I apologize that we did not do so.  Please give us a call back at your earliest convenience.

EH
ERIKA H.
Mazda 5
03/29/2015
service is going downhill
I've always been incredibly satisfied with the service at VA Tire & Auto of Cascades. However, the past 6 months or so on more than one occasion, I've been disappointed. With both my husband's car and my own, we've been told services have been performed which were not. In his case, it was an air filter that should have been changed, he was charged for, then realized a week or so later that it didn't happen. With my vehicle, it was in for an inspection. They said the emissions was due, I would need to bring it back for that and brake repair for it to pass (I was out of time for the day). When my husband brought it back in, they said the emissions had already been completed, but they didn't have the documentation. Dropped it off at noon on Saturday and they claimed it wouldn't be ready until the next day. After the brake repair was done and they called for my husband to pick it up the following morning, he got there and they said they hadn't done the emissions yet. So we were without it for another half a day while they fit it in. A routine inspection that should have taken 30 minutes, turned into 2.5 days of work with us going 3 times to make sure it was all done. If you can't trust your mechanic to do the job right the first time, time to get a new mechanic.
Jason M. from Virginia Tire and Auto of Cascades responded on 03/31/2015

We appreciate you bringing these matters to our attention.  I do want to apologize for the poor service that you have been receiving during your last few visits.  I appreciate you taking the time to speak with me about your experiences so that we may have the chance to make it right.  Attention to detail is extremely important and I will be going over these matters with our team.  We look forward to continuing to service your vehicles.  Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns.

HJ
HANSFORD J.
03/27/2015
5 stars for great Service
As always, our needs were met very quickly and properly in a very short time.
Jason M. from Virginia Tire and Auto of Cascades responded on 03/27/2015

We greatly appreciate your kind words and your business over the years!

RF
RICHARD F.
Chevrolet Camaro
03/24/2015
Usually quick service
It took 2.5 hours for an emissions test. Way too long.
Jason M. from Virginia Tire and Auto of Cascades responded on 03/24/2015

We do apologize for the amount of time it took to have your emissions test performed.  I did see that we had multiple vehicles in line for inspection that Sunday morning.  It is a "first come first serve" basis but we do offer a shuttle service to run you home as well as pick you up when your vehicle is finished.  Again, thank you for your time and please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns.

ROB G.
Mercury Villager
03/24/2015
Unimpressed
After having bought 2 new tires, and being asked if the spare had been put back, and being told "yes", I came to discover that not only had the spare not been returned to its storage place, but that 3 screws were mysteriously missing from the rt front wheel well shroud.
Jason M. from Virginia Tire and Auto of Cascades responded on 03/24/2015

We appreciate you taking the time to write this review and bringing these matters to our attention.  We use these reviews as a way to help us know how we are doing for our customers.  I appreciate you taking the time to speak to me about your experience as well.  We look forward to continuing to service your vehicles.  Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns.

JEREMY R.
01/30/2015
Took long time
Tuesday at 3:30 pm. Took 1.5 hours to get my oil change. No it was not very busy from what what I could see. That is way to long for something so simple as an oil change.
Jason M. from Virginia Tire and Auto of Cascades responded on 01/30/2015

We appreciate you bringing this to our attention.  We do have a general service fast lube bay to help service our customers vehicles as conveniently as possible.  I do want to apologize that your vehicle took as long as it did to be serviced and for the lack of communication with you.  I did check to see what would have caused your visit to take so long and I did see that there were two cars here in line prior to yours arriving.  We should have provided a better time estimate and should have kept you posted regularly while you were waiting.  I will be going over this with our team so that we can work on these items to help provide everyone with a better experience.  I will be calling you as well but if you ever have any questions or concerns please feel free to call us anytime.

Jason M. from Virginia Tire and Auto of Cascades responded on 01/30/2015

It was nice speaking with you sir.  We look forward to servicing your vehicle again in the future.

DE
DAVID E.
Mazda 3
12/13/2014
third time's a charm
1st try to get an inspection, I wait 10 minutes before manager told me inspector has gone home for the day.
2nd try, they tell me the wait is 1.5 hours and if I come back after 1:00 pm it will be shorter. I return later and wait is 2.5 hours.
3rd try, car inspected within 20 minutes without too much hassle.
Jason M. from Virginia Tire and Auto of Cascades responded on 12/13/2014

We appreciate you taking the time to write this review.  I did try and call so that I could touch base with you to get more details about your experience.  Please give me a call back when possible.  We want all our customers to have a great experience with us and I would like to see what we can do to make that happen.

HD
HOLLY D.
10/16/2014
Not quite up to par
Went in for balance, rotation, and oil and lube.

They forgot to do the balance, so had to wait around longer to have that done. Tires were all marked off as having the same tread depth, when some of them are worn much more than others.
Jason M. from Virginia Tire and Auto of Cascades responded on 10/16/2014

We apologize for the poor service you received from us this past visit.  I looked into the matter and saw that they had not put the balance on the first work order which explains why it was missed.  I also saw where they had put the same tread depth on all four tires like you stated.  We appreciate you bringing these matters to our attention.  It helps us to train our staff on where we can improve our services.  Good communication and attention to detail goes a long way and it is always something that needs to be stressed.  Again, thank you for your time.

EM
EMELL M.
Leesburg, VA
09/09/2014
Delayed service
It appeared that the service took longer than usual. When walking around back to check it seemed as though other vehicles were being worked on instead. Wait time was 3 and a half hours for brake change, oil change and check engine light diagnostic.
Jason M. from Virginia Tire and Auto of Cascades responded on 09/09/2014

We appreciate you taking the time to write this review and we apologize for the long wait time you experienced here.  We do have a shuttle service and I am sorry if that was not offered to you.  We will review this matter with our team and make sure that we provide more accurate time lines as well.  Thank you again for your time.

SZ
SOHRAB Z.
08/17/2014
Charging more money
They wanted me to change my transmission fluid. When I told them they did a few months back themselves; they quickly changed their story and apologized!
Jason M. from Virginia Tire and Auto of Cascades responded on 08/19/2014

We appreciate your review and you bringing this to our attention.  We did go back through the history and did see that it has been about 20 months and 15k miles since we had last flushed your vehicles transmission.  If it is convenient for you to return the vehicle I would like to check the fluid condition as well so I can verify how it is.  Please feel free to contact me.  I will give you a call as well.

STEPHANIE S.
08/10/2014
Pretty unfriendly service people
I would rather have gone to a smaller shop and paid a bit more to have dealt with more friendly people. The shop was swamped and I bet everyone was tired and just waiting to go home, but I'm used to much more pleasant folks when I get any type of service.
Jason M. from Virginia Tire and Auto of Cascades responded on 08/12/2014

I apologize for the poor experience you had at our shop.  Providing excellent customer service is something we strive to do everyday with every customer.  I will be contacting you to get more details about your visit.  We appreciate your review.  It helps us know where we can improve.  Thank you for your time.