Virginia Tire and Auto of Cascades

4.6

Overall Rating 4.64286/5Overall Rating 4.64286/5Overall Rating 4.64286/5Overall Rating 4.64286/5rating 4.64286
Overall Rating 1.85714/5rating 1.85714rating 1.85714rating 1.85714rating 1.85714
Latest Review about 2 years ago

CP
CINDY P.
11/25/2015
service on toyota
We always bring our vehicles into Virginia Tire and Auto of Cascades because they are reasonably priced, and have a pretty quick turnaround. This particular situation, the person who took my order seemed distant and not as friendly. I asked for an oil change and to rotate my tires. When I picked up the vehicle, I thought it seemed more reasonable than normal for this service, but didn't question it until I got home and looked at the bill and realized they did not do the tire rotation. This is very frustrating since I had off that day and needed this service done. I called back the next day and asked them to double check what was done and they confirmed no tire rotation was done. I had left a 1/2 off coupon with him for this service as well. So, now I need to wait another day that I have off work to try and get my vehicle in there for service. Usually, they read back to me what I want done and thinking back, he didn't even repeat it back to me. I may have caught it otherwise. Very frustrating!! Normally, I have never had a problem.
Jason M. from Virginia Tire and Auto of Cascades responded on 11/25/2015

We appreciate you taking the time to write this review.  We did look into the matter and actually found that they did put a tire rotation on the original paperwork but found that the tires actually did not need to be rotated at this time.  We do apologize that this information was not brought to your attention.  I did attempt to reach out to you as well to talk to you more about your experience with us.  We appreciate your business over the years.  Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns.

Jason M. from Virginia Tire and Auto of Cascades responded on 12/04/2015

I appreciate you taking the time and calling me so we could clarify everything about your tires.  I again want to apologize for the lack of communication.  Please let us know if you ever have any other questions or concerns.  We do appreciate your business and look forward to working on your vehicle in the future.

KW
KENNETH W.
11/10/2015
it used to be and still can be better
I was a bit disappointed by the counter service at my last visit
Jason M. from Virginia Tire and Auto of Cascades responded on 11/10/2015

We appreciate you taking the time to write this review.  I had attempted to call multiple times in hopes to speak with you about your experience with us and to get some more details.  I did see that you have been a customer for multiple years and we greatly appreciate your business.  Please feel free to contact us when possible so that we can discuss how we can provide you a better experience.

KR
KEVIN R.
11/09/2015
Quick and friendly
Generally speaking, I find VA Tire to be a good operation. I did take my car in for an Oil change this weekend and noticed one of the services " Clean your Windshield" as part of the service was not completed. I also had my van in and they said to expect at the most 3 hours to complete the work and it took them 6 hours. I was not expecting that.
Jason M. from Virginia Tire and Auto of Cascades responded on 11/10/2015

We appreciate your business over the years and wanted to apologize for the less than perfect experience you had with us.  I will definitely be looking into both matters and will be contacting you in regards to them.  Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns.  We look forward to servicing your vehicle in the future.

BW
BASIL W.
10/21/2015
My favorite auto repair shop, but it fails the brown M&Ms test
Van Halen's concert contract called for a bowl of M&Ms with all the brown ones removed, to determine whether the venue had bothered to pay attention to the life-threatening details of the rest of the contract.

The last time I was at VA Tire & Auto the mechanic said "I can't get the tire pressure sensor to turn off, maybe if you drive it around for a while." Turns out there's a pressure sensor on the spare tire, which he didn't check or inflate.

VA Tire & Auto is still my favorite auto repair shop, but forgetting to inflate the spare makes me wonder what other life-threatening details they miss.
Jason M. from Virginia Tire and Auto of Cascades responded on 10/21/2015

We appreciate you letting us know about your experience with us.  I will definitely be looking into this matter and addressing it with our team.  Attention to detail is very important and we do not take these matters lightly.  We appreciate your business over the years and look forward to seeing you and your vehicles again in the future.

JENIFER T.
Kia Sedona
10/19/2015
Disappointed
While fixing my van another part was damaged which of course was fixed for free. Although I appreciate the loaner car and free oil change I don't feel I was adequately compensated for the inconvenience and not properly kept in the loop of when the part would arrive. I understand mishaps happen but I was not convinced of great customer service especially since the orig. work to be done cost quite a bit of money. I could only recommend to another person because of its convenient location and shuttle service.
Jason M. from Virginia Tire and Auto of Cascades responded on 10/20/2015

We appreciate you bringing this to our attention.  I again want to apologize for the lack of communication about the parts not arriving when scheduled.  Thank you again for taking the time and speaking with me about this matter.  We look forward to continuing to service your vehicle.  Please let us know if you ever have any other questions or concerns.

JANE M.
Buick Century
10/12/2015
Location: Near home.
Good Service. Attendants very pleasant.
Jason M. from Virginia Tire and Auto of Cascades responded on 10/12/2015

We appreciate the kind words.  Thank you for choosing Virginia Tire & Auto!

MV
MARCO V.
Mitsubishi Outlander Sport
09/20/2015
Great Customer Service
This is the type of business for our area, the type of business who care about customers and satisfaction.

09/20/2015
Convenient and quick
Last time I dropped my car for a maintenance and inspection. They did it quick and no expensive. The only downside is that the person in the front (Marta) really sucked at customer service, did not smile like if she didn't want to be there or she hated my gots.
Jason M. from Virginia Tire and Auto of Cascades responded on 09/21/2015

We appreciate you taking the time and writing this review to let us know about your experience with us.  We look to these reviews to see how our customers feel we are doing.  We appreciate your business over the years and we apologize for the poor customer service you received.  Thank you again for taking the time and speaking with me about your experience.  We will be looking forward to continuing to service your vehicles in the future.  Please let us know if you ever have any other questions or concerns.

EK
ELIZABETH K.
08/14/2015
Convenient & friendly
Convenient & friendly, but They are so price and they set the mileage less when you do. I foud out this by accident when I went to get oil change the dealer. They reset it for me. Same things to other family members. I stop going there unless I have no time to go anywhere else. Should look in to that and be truthful to your customers.
Jason M. from Virginia Tire and Auto of Cascades responded on 08/14/2015

Thank you for taking the time and writing this review.  We look to these reviews to see how our customers feel about their service with us.  When we reset the oil change reminder systems on the vehicles we do not input a specific mileage.  If you found that the light had come on earlier then it was suppose to then I believe that we may have forgot to reset it when the actual oil change was completed.  I apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you.  With our oil change reminder stickers we post the mileage for the next service based on a "severe maintenance schedule" due to the fact that there is a lot of stop and go traffic in the area.  We can still post the mileage of the reminder sticker based on a normal scheduled maintenance if requested.  I will also be giving you a call to address any other questions or concerns that you may have as well.  We appreciate your business over the years and look forward to continuing to service your vehicles.

JN
JOSEPH N.
08/04/2015
Repair work did not fix issue.
Had a bad power steering leak.

I was told I needed to replace the rack and pinion assembly as well as replace engine mounts. This repair work took two days in the shop and after driving six hours to North Carolina, the power steering is low again.

I will bring this back to the shop and hopefully this will be fixed.
Jason M. from Virginia Tire and Auto of Cascades responded on 08/04/2015

Thank you for bringing this to our attention.  I am sorry for the inconvenience this must be causing you.  Please let us know when you are available so that we may address the power steering leak.  I had attempted to call as well to touch base and see if I could answer any questions or be of any help.  Please feel free to call us back at any time.

LG
LAURA G.
07/30/2015
near by my home and fast services
Easy scheduling, quick service and convenient location. Cons are twice now no call was made to tell me that my vehicle was ready for pick up. They make good recommendations for additional services to be done but have done so when I come to pick up vs giving me a call to ask if I would like it done. One office staff employee has not been professional multiple times and will joke around.
Jason M. from Virginia Tire and Auto of Cascades responded on 07/30/2015

We appreciate you bringing this matter to our attention.  I had attempted to call as well in hopes to get more information about your experience.  We appreciate your business and hope to make every experience with us a good one.  Please give us a call at your earliest convenience so that we may discuss your visit.  We look forward to servicing your vehicle again in the future.

SR
STEPHANIE R.
Saturn Vue
07/21/2015
Good customer service
After my review, I received an email and call from the manager who wanted to know what happened, apologized, and refunded my money for the diagnostic work they charged. My husband has used them for many years so maybe this was an inadvertent fluke.

07/21/2015
Good then disappointing
My car was having AC problems and the transmission was being problematic. I asked the folks here to fix the AC and to let me know how soon I would need a new transmission. They told me by phone and on the report that there was nothing wrong with the transmission. They charged me $114 for the diagnostic to drive it and make that determination. The transmission went out entirely 2 days later. V disappointing that I had to be inconvenienced again when they could have addressed it had they the expertise to do so.
Jason M. from Virginia Tire and Auto of Cascades responded on 07/22/2015

We appreciate you writing this review and bringing this matter to our attention.  We will definitely be looking into it and we will reach out to you as well to speak with you about your vehicle.  Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns.  We look forward to continuing to service your vehicles in the future.

Jason M. from Virginia Tire and Auto of Cascades responded on 07/24/2015

I appreciate you taking the time and speaking with me about your vehicle.  I am glad we were able to resolve everything.  We appreciate your business over the years and look forward to working with you in the future.

CHRISTINE/MIKE H.
07/04/2015
New tires
We had to get 4 new tires. Tires are great. The 3 star rating is we were told the appt. would only take an hour and then it took 8 hours instead. When we called to check up on the car (after 3 hours) they said they don't know why someone told us it would take 1 hour. You need better communication among staff and customers.
Jason M. from Virginia Tire and Auto of Cascades responded on 07/07/2015

We appreciate you taking the time to write this review and also taking the time to speak with me about this matter on the phone.  I again want to apologize for the lack of communication on our end and not getting your vehicle completed in a timely manner.  We appreciate your business over the years and look forward to continuing to service your vehicles.  Please let us know if you ever have any other questions or concerns.

RL
ROBERT L.
Volkswagen Routan
06/12/2015
Failed filter change
They replaced the cabin filter in our minivan but failed to re-install the cowling correctly. This resulted in a rattling noise because the cowling was banging against the top of the engine cover. After bringing it back they re-installed the cowling properly.

On a different car and occasion they broke the gas cap tether. Unfortunately I didn't notice that it was broken until a week or so later when I went to refuel the car.
Jason M. from Virginia Tire and Auto of Cascades responded on 06/12/2015

Thank you for taking the time to write this review.  We will be looking into the matter and addressing it with our team.  I am glad that we were able to repair the rattling sound.  Thank you for bringing the vehicle back in.  We do appreciate all of your business.  I will be contacting you as well in regards to the fuel cap.  If you ever have any other questions or concerns please feel free to contact us.

KARL/JOYCE B.
Great Falls, VA
05/06/2015
Failure to Communicate
I've done business with this firm for more than two decades, starting when they ran Great Falls Shell. They did not compete work when promised or phone me to tell me what else needed to be done. I phoned them. Because they could not complete the work before they closed on Sunday, I had to make an extra trip to get a loaner car. Had this been my first experience, it would have been my last. I hope this is just a one time miss because the quality of the work on my vehicles has always been excellent.
Jason M. from Virginia Tire and Auto of Cascades responded on 05/07/2015

We appreciate you taking the time in writing this review and bringing this matter to our attention.  I wanted to apologize for the inconvenience of not having your vehicle completed on time as well as for the lack of communication.  We appreciate your business over the years and hope to continue to service your vehicles.  Please let us know if you ever have any other questions or concerns.

SY
SUZANNE Y.
Chevrolet Cruze
04/27/2015
The Little Things
I am very happy with the actual service performed (oil change, tire rotation) but I was disappointed to get out to my car after paying and find that the oil gauge had not been reset nor had the front window been washed. Both of these things are promised with an oil change. The little things are the fine touches to customer service and usually are what keep me going back to a place for that service. I will most likely continue to patronize Virginia Tire and Auto for convenience, but am hoping that they pay more attention to the little things. Thank you.
Jason M. from Virginia Tire and Auto of Cascades responded on 05/05/2015

We appreciate you bringing these matters to our attention.  We will definitely be re-training on our check sheet and stressing the importance of even the small details.  We strive to provide quality service in every aspect.  We appreciate your business and we look forward to continuing to service your vehicles in the future.

BQ
BANAN Q.
Potomac Falls, VA
04/21/2015
Last service
Problem continues
Jason M. from Virginia Tire and Auto of Cascades responded on 04/21/2015

I appreciate you taking the time to speak to me on the phone about your vehicle.  We will wait to see you and your vehicle next week when it is more convenient for you to return.  Thank you again for bringing this to our attention so that we can make it right.

JOHN T.
04/15/2015
no one QC the work.
$1500 in new tires and when I picked up the car dash board lite showed tire pressure was wrong. Had to drive back and a younger kid in the bay came right out and help me. All tires were inflated at same pressure 42psi with out checking the specs 35front / 38back. Finally had them fixed and re-set dashboard which was never done. other than that inconvenience the rest of service was fine. tires and rim work was very good.
Jason M. from Virginia Tire and Auto of Cascades responded on 04/15/2015

We apologize for the inconvenience of having to make multiple trips in.  The work should have been done properly during the first visit.  We do thank you for bringing this matter to our attention.  We look to these reviews to help us know where we can improve to provide a better customer experience.  Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns.  We look forward to continuing to service your vehicles.

RAY M.
Great Falls, VA
04/10/2015
Didn't do what you said you would do.
I specifically ask if all fluids would be checked and was told yes, No surprise, they weren't. I then told serviceman that my washer fluid froze causing pump to bust and was told that had happened to a few customers over the winter, not offering to pay or to take something off of oil change. I have been coming here since the guys from Great Falls moved over but I have to change places. Last year I came in to get an oil change before a trip and got on my trip and found my transmission fluid was 4 quarts low, fortunately I was close to a ford dealer and they checked for leaks, no sign of it coming out anywhere, topped it off and haven't had a problem since. I still think one of your crew drained this since you and I are the only ones to ever be under my hood.
Jason M. from Virginia Tire and Auto of Cascades responded on 04/11/2015

We appreciate you taking the time to write this review and informing us on how your visit went.  I did attempt to call in order to get more details about your visit but was not able to get in touch with you.  Please give us a call back when possible.  We appreciate your business over the years and we hope to continue to service your vehicles.  We look forward to speaking with you.

ALICIA/WILLIAM S.
Chevrolet Prizm
03/22/2015
Good but not great
There were two problems: Front mat was not vacuumed and the bills was unexpected. I got the 34.99 oil change, with an $8 coupon. Imagine my surprise when the bill was $33.16. Evidently this includes Shop supplies (what is that?) and disposal fee of $2.50. This fee is required of every service company, so include it in the price so people can compare apples to apples. A little bit of pricing hocus pocus!
Jason M. from Virginia Tire and Auto of Cascades responded on 03/24/2015

We appreciate you taking the time and bringing this matter to our attention.  The shop supplies charge covers all the miscellaneous items that are used during your oil change service.  This includes all the fluids that we top off and cleaning supplies to remove residual oil from the oil change process.  The price is suppose to be made clear when you check in and I apologize that was not done properly.  I will be calling you as well to discuss these matters and to see if there are any other questions or concerns that I may address for you.

CRAIG C.
03/17/2015
Review
The place was usually great but they scratched my car about the left rear tire. I couldn't believe it.
Jason M. from Virginia Tire and Auto of Cascades responded on 03/18/2015

We appreciate you bringing this matter to our attention.  I wanted to apologize for any damage that may have occurred to your vehicle while it was in our care.  I will definitely be contacting you as well as looking at the surveillance video.  I hope to speak with you soon.

Jason M. from Virginia Tire and Auto of Cascades responded on 03/24/2015

Thank you for taking the time to speak with me about your vehicle.  I am glad that we found that there was no damage done to your vehicle while it was in our care.  Please let us know if we can be of help in any way or if you ever have any other questions or concerns.  We look forward to continuing to service your vehicles.