Virginia Tire and Auto of Cascades

4.6

RZ
Roman Z.
06/28/2020
Had many issues caused by this establishment!
Had my infinity serviced at this place the other day, very simple thing such as oil change needed to be done. When I got back home and parked on my driveway I’ve noticed that something was leaking very heavily on my driveway. I looked under the car and found that engine coolant tube was broken off! They did not want to admit the guilt up until I requested to watch the video recording from the shop, after battling for several hours they agreed to fix it! Unfortunately this is not the only occasion when they broke something in my Infiniti and Honda. Nevertheless, trying to avoid coming to this place ever since!!!

Kira B.
Washington, DC
10/03/2017
Botched a Simple Oil Change
I went for a simple oil change and they did not install the oil filter properly, leading to a seized engine and hundreds of dollars of repair work.

IC
IONEL C.
Volvo V70
12/17/2015
Very slow service
I was there for a safety inspection and waited for 40 minutes in a time that there were only two cars in the shop and 10 employees talking have nothing to do. The mechanic finished the job and left my car outside not saying anything for another ten minutes. I had to ask the front desk what happen and why am I not getting my car back before he return with the keys. Right after that I asked for an oil change since the shop was very slow. I waited another 40 minutes while 3 mechanics worked on my car. Apparently they did something wrong as I left with a noise coming from the front of the car that I never had. It got worst the next day. I will return to the shop today.
Jason M. from Virginia Tire and Auto of Cascades responded on 12/17/2015

We appreciate you taking the time and bringing these matters to our attention.  We will definitely be looking into what would have caused the vehicle to take so long.  I appreciate you taking the time and speaking with me this morning on the matter as well.  We will definitely be looking into where that noise is coming from as well this afternoon once you come in.  We greatly appreciate your business over the years and look forward to continuing to work with you.

DE
DAVID E.
Mazda 3
12/07/2015
good at extracting money from you
every time I go to this place I find that they excel at extracting more and more money from me. this time around I paid nearly $50 for a conventional oil change (nickle and dime shop fees, disposal fee, etc). they refused to patch one of the $800 set of tires I bought from them and instead wanted me to buy another $200 tire. not a very good understanding of customer loyalty or how to keep customers happy. this is the last time they get my business.
Jason M. from Virginia Tire and Auto of Cascades responded on 12/08/2015

Thank you for taking the time to write this review.  I did take a look at your paperwork and saw that they had notated that the tire had a nail that was to close to the edge of the tire for repair.  We do not perform string plugs here as it is not considered a full repair and can potentially leak.  When we repair tires we dismount them and patch them from the inside, and because of this if the puncture is to close to the edge the patch will not fit or can leak when driven over.  We do offer tire protection when the tires are purchased to help reduce the cost of replacement tires in situations such as these.  I would be more than happy to inspect the tire myself if you would like to bring it by.  Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns.  We greatly appreciate your business and hope to service your vehicle more in the future.

BJ
BRAD J.
12/05/2015
Rude and chauvinistic
Made my wife feel stupid and disrespected. Did not explain that cheaper oil change options existed. Seemed "put out" to provide a ride home when maintenance took longer than expected (house is less than a mile from the shop).
Jason M. from Virginia Tire and Auto of Cascades responded on 12/06/2015

We appreciate you writing this review and letting us know about your experience.  We will definitely be looking into this as we take these matters very seriously.  I did see where they performed a full synthetic oil change on the vehicle and I did see that is what was used last time it was in for service.  We still should have provided all the options and informed you on what service you were receiving.  We do offer a shuttle service to our customers and it is here for your convenience.  I apologize if the staff made you feel as though it was a burden.  I will also be reaching out to you as well.  We do appreciate your business over the years and hope to continue to service your vehicles.  I look forward to speaking with you soon.

LG
LAWRENCE G.
Toyota T100
11/09/2015
Brought truck in to investigate occasional brake warning indicator on dash
Brought truck in to investigate occasional brake warning indicator on dash (and to get new VA inspection sticker and emissions test). I was told, by one of your service reps, that the brake warning indicator was observed at the shop (when putting the truck in the inspection line), but that it cleared. Since it cleared, and wasn't observed by the mechanic(s), it could not be troubleshooted/isolated. Truck failed both mechanical and emissions inspections, so approximately $1600 of repairs were needed to pass the inspections (and get new inspection sticker). I have no issue with the repairs to pass inspection. What surprised me was that when I received the invoice/bill, I saw a note saying "customer declined "Brake Warning Flash - DIAG"which would have costed $114.

The main reason I brought the truck in was to get the brake warning light resolved. I was told that the brake system was checked (Bill shows "Complimentary Inspection" and no trouble was found, and that no further investigation was possible unless the brake light indicator would stay on, or at least be predictably repeated.

The fact that your mechanics can't do anything about the intermittent brake warning light on the dashboard make me think your mechanic(s) are incompetent.

Then to include the statement on my bill that says that I declined "Brake Warning Flash - Diag" service for $114 is truly mind boggling and confusing.

I'm a long time, regular, multi-car customer.

I just don't get it.
Jason M. from Virginia Tire and Auto of Cascades responded on 11/10/2015

We appreciate your business over the years and are grateful you took the time to let us know how your experience went.  I'm glad that we were able to get your vehicle through it's inspections.  In regards to the brake light, I can understand how frustrating it could be when you bring the vehicle in with a problem but a solution can not be found.  I know the light was initially on during the inspections but when the vehicle was in for the technician to check it over it was off.  We looked over the system for anything obvious but nothing was found.  If the problem is not currently there then every time we test the components they are going to come back good.  We need to be able to run the diagnostic while the problem is occurring to pin point the problem area and verify what is needed.  Otherwise we would just be guessing.  We would be glad to look into this for you further if the problem returns.  Let us know if we can be of any help to you.

PL
PENNY and DAVID L.
Chevrolet TrailBlazer
11/01/2015
You did NOT fix the truck.
We paid you almost $400 and exactly 24 hours later the truck broke down again.
Jason M. from Virginia Tire and Auto of Cascades responded on 11/03/2015

We appreciate you writing this review and letting us know about what is going on with your vehicle.  We do offer a 2yr / 24k mile warranty on all of our work and will definitely look into what is going on with your vehicle.  I will be contacting you as well so that we can set up an appointment time and arrange for a loaner vehicle for you if needed.  We look forward to speaking with you.

JEFF S.
Kia Sedona
09/24/2015
Tried to rip me off with repairs not needed!
They said my power steering unit was leaking and needed to be replaced. I told them that they were the ones who did my last oil change and service 13 months ago and it only had 3000 miles since according to their sticker on my window and when I looked at the power steering reservoir it was all the way to the max line without a drop low. When I said what about that..how could it be leaking in not a drop was missing in 13 months and the store Manager who was telling me all this and showing me the car, his response was.."well how do I know if you didn't fill it back up!" When he said that I said a few choice words and told him to take my car off the rack and he lost a customer who had been bring my 5 cars to them before when it was Merchant tire for 5 years never had a problem but since they changed to Virginia tire could recommend them after that obvious attempt to scan me. Had they looked at the miles on the car and the sticker in the window was theirs from the last oil change they could have seen it was leaking from the power steering but from somewhere else. But even after calling his attention to the reservoir not being a drop low and it was up to the max level he still tried to tell me I still needed the power steering unit replaced.
Jason M. from Virginia Tire and Auto of Cascades responded on 09/24/2015

We appreciate you bringing your concerns to our attention.  I recall looking at this vehicle with you to show you the leak but according to the Virginia State Police Motor Vehicle Safety Inspection Manual it states that the vehicle fails if "...Power steering is defective and affects adequate steering of the vehicle or power steering fluid in reservoir is below operating level, or if there is an obvious leak of power steering fluid.  Do not reject for dampness."
We would never want our customers to feel that we are trying to scam them and I am sorry if we made you feel that way.  We did not provide you an estimate and it was explained that the work did not need to be performed at our facility.  You are able to have it repaired anywhere you like and we could always perform the re-inspection for you afterwards.  We appreciate your business over the years and we hope to continue to service your vehicles.  Please feel free to contact us if you have any other questions or concerns.

MIKE W.
08/22/2015
Poor communications, prob not fixed
Took over a day just to diagnose a simple computer code and never got the part delivered so the work did not get done in 3 days. Follow up was not good and I'm not confident that this issue was even properly diagnosed.
Jason M. from Virginia Tire and Auto of Cascades responded on 08/22/2015

We appreciate you writing this review and informing us on how your experience was.  We apologize for it taking so long to identify the cause of your light coming on.  It was an intermittent problem and we wanted to make sure we did everything possible to diagnose your vehicle properly.  Once we identified the cause of the problem we had to have the part mailed in because nobody local carried it which is why we were not able to receive the part prior to you needing the vehicle back.  I apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you.  I had attempted to call as well to help answer any questions or concerns that you may have.  Please let us know if there is anything we can do for you.

GK
GRACE K.
Manassas, VA
Mitsubishi Outlander Sport
08/20/2015
Nice and peaceful place.
So so friendly works.
Jason M. from Virginia Tire and Auto of Cascades responded on 08/20/2015

Thank you so much!  We appreciate the kind words.

KP
KAREN and JIM P.
Chrysler 300
08/20/2015
Good Oil/Filter Change, Inspection Not So Much
Always good work done on the oil and filter recommendations. I was disappointed by the inspector who first allowed a friend to jump ahead of me in line (he needs to whisper more quietly) and then recommended that my wipers be changed (as we the previous other two cars before me). They weren't particularly old or worn, but coming back would have been a huge hassle. Probably the last time I come there for an inspection with this type of behavior.
Jim Potter
Jason M. from Virginia Tire and Auto of Cascades responded on 08/20/2015

We appreciate you bringing these matters to our attention.  I had attempted to call as well to get more information about your visit.  Actions such as the ones you described about our inspector would not be tolerated and I appreciate you informing us of the situation.
I had looked into the matter and found that the vehicle that was brought in before yours was a customer who we forgot to perform the emissions test for when we performed their safety inspection earlier in the day.  I apologize for the inconvenience this caused you and understand how this would appear questionable to other customers.
In regards to the wiper blades, I did speak with the inspector and he stated that they were torn.  If you ever have any concerns about inspection items or any recommendations made from us, we are more than willing to show the items to you.
Thank you again for your business and please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns.

TR
TOM R.
08/12/2015
Tire Change
I am a long time customer of the VA Tire and Auto. I still get my car serviced there even though I do not live in Potomac Falls anymore. I was told the wait would be 90 minutes and I ended up waiting 4 hours to change four tires on my car.
Jason M. from Virginia Tire and Auto of Cascades responded on 08/12/2015

We appreciate you taking the time writing this review and bringing this matter to our attention as well as taking the time to speak with me about the matter on the phone.  I will definitely be going over this with our team so that we can set better time expectations and improve our communication.  We appreciate your business and look forward to continuing to service your vehicle.

GF
GEORGE F.
Bronxville, NY
Mercury Mountaineer
08/07/2015
Terrible customer service- 0 stars
I took my truck in and was told I needed to replace a part that was over $350 and when I questioned them on this was Rigo rudely told us "it is what it is, there's nothing they can do about it." There was no chance I would be having the work done there I then bought the part elsewhere and called them to have the work done and was then informed "oh yeah, when you left yesterday it was actually working" so instead of calling me to fix their mistake they were content to just send me away. When we questioned why this happened and what we could do about it we were again treated horribly and as if it was our fault they made a mistake. Rigo nor their team made any effort to correct their error or right their wrong. My entire family and I will never return!!
Jason M. from Virginia Tire and Auto of Cascades responded on 08/07/2015

We appreciate you taking the time to write this review and bringing this matter to our attention.  I had attempted to call to reach out to you as well so that we may get more information to address this matter.  We appreciate your business and take these matters very seriously.  I hope to hear from you soon.  Please feel free to contact us anytime with any questions or concerns.

BT
BOB T.
Reston, VA
Lexus ES 330
08/04/2015
Bad diagnosis and
I am very disappointed on my recent visit. A few weeks back, my car will not start and brought in the car and check if it is the battery or the alternator. The technician said my battery is totally dead. Replace the battery and last week, the car is making a high pitch sound and when I look under the hood I smell something burning. Brought in the car to the shop and have them check it plus oil change. The technician said it is something in the transmission but do not know what. He said it is safe to drive just have to bear with the hissing sound. I took it to another mechanic and they checked and found out the hissing sound is from the alternator and the burning smell is from the alternator.

I am very disappointed with the service. I just spend over $1900 on new tire and brakes at this locations and will now think twice before coming back.

I am surprise the technician said something is wrong inside the transmission but do not know what and it is safe to drive.
Jason M. from Virginia Tire and Auto of Cascades responded on 08/04/2015

We appreciate you writing this review and bringing this matter to our attention.  I will be speaking with our team here to see what had happened with the vehicle.  I had attempted to call you as well in hopes to get more information about your vehicle.  Please give us a call back whenever it is convenient.  We appreciate your business and hope to continue to do business with you more in the future.

MIKE M.
Mercedes-Benz ML320
08/03/2015
Brake job that went horrible wrong
I brought SUV to VA Tire and Auto (VAT&A) for a routine brake job. VAT&A installed new front brake pads and rotors. While driving home (3 miles) I immediately felt tension as if the brakes calipers were engaged. Per their records they test drove the car. At home the front brake system was smoking. I returned to VAT&A. At this time smoke was bellowing from both sides. I was told they would look and see what happened. I appreciate VAT&A rectifying the problem having to replace rotors and pads again (they were burnt) however I was taken back by their "we'll get it right this time" attitude. Their follow up comments states "issue could have been caused by an excessive amount of pressure build up when first pushing the calipers positions back". The calipers locked and if this occurred at a higher speed the result could have been catastrophic.
Jason M. from Virginia Tire and Auto of Cascades responded on 08/04/2015

Thank you for taking the time and writing this review.  We apologize for the inconvenience it must have caused you in needing to return the vehicle so soon after the initial repair was performed.  I am glad that we were able to get it back on the road with no problems.  Please let us know if you ever have any other questions or concerns.  We appreciate your business and look forward to working with you in the future.