Virginia Tire and Auto of South Riding

Overall Rating 4.48/5Overall Rating 4.48/5Overall Rating 4.48/5Overall Rating 4.48/5rating 4.48

Overall Rating 2.5/5Overall Rating 2.5/5rating 2.5rating 2.5rating 2.5
Latest Review about 1 year ago

Brian M.
Chantilly, VA
05/06/2017
Very disappointed in customer service today
I have been a customer of VA Tire and Auto in South Riding since they have opened. I have recommended then numerous times. I went in last week for an oil change and they seemed overwhelmed. When I picked up my car, they recommended that I replace my engine air filter. However, they did not notice my inspection was 3 months overdue. (In all fairness, neither did I.) I took the car back in this morning at 8:30 to get the inspection and replace the air filter. They told me it would not be ready until 11:00, so I asked if the the shuttle could give me a ride. I was told that it was out, but they would let me know when it arrived. After 2.5 hours of waiting without a shuttle, I asked if my car would be ready soon as it was now a few minutes before 11 and my car head not yet gone into the garage. They assured me it would only be 20 minutes and offered no explanation on the shuttle. By the time, I had someone coming to pick me up. I left the shop at 11:20, which was the second time they quoted me for the service to be complete. At that time, the car was still waiting to go into the garage. At 1:00 I had still not received a call to let me know the car was finished, but I had decided I would take it regardless. I arrived at the shop and saw it parked outside. When I asked for it, the cashier had said that he just called (confirmed that I did have a message) and explained that they had to customer order the air filter. I have 3 recommendations that would have gotten them 5 starts instead of 2:
1) Get better about estimating times. They seem overwhelmed, so I suspect they're overrunning what they can get done and underestimating how long it will take.
2) If someone needs a shuttle, make sure that the shuttle is running and let the waiting customers know when it arrived and is leaving.
3) If you are going to miss the estimated completion time by that much, give me a courtesy call to explain you have to order the part and give me a new estimate.

At this point, I don't know that I will go back. They are conveniently located, but one more experience like this and they will lose me as a customer.

ANGELA / ROBERT M.
Honda Element
01/04/2016
Tires and courtesy
I had a pleasant experience. The staff were friendly and the service was quick. I was able to use my coupons and the staff member actually added an additional savings. I especially appreciated the shuttle drop of and pick up at my home that allowed me to get work done while I waited for my service to be completed.

ANTHONY S.
Ashburn, VA
Mercedes-Benz C250
Sultan
Sultan is an asset to your company. Thank you for the excellent service.

JACKIE W.
Quick and efficient.
I had my inspection done at VA Tire and Auto because that's where I go for everything else with my car. They were quick and friendly. I've always had great customer service here.

ALOK S.
Ford Edge
Great customer support
The front desk is superb and the timelines are excellent.

SK
SURESH K.
Caring
Had an issue with my vehicle and Va tire gave me lots of options on how we could correct problem. Felt they were very concerned for me and my needs. Thanks

KV
KENNETH V.
Service review
I've only had one other issue before with VA Tire and Auto but this last one I feel needs mentioning. I arrived a few minutes late for pick up, after closing. I noticed my car was left in a handicapped parking space (there are no handicap plates on the car). That was a little disturbing, but what's more my car was left unlocked. The later issue I figure someone was just in a hurry and forgot to lock the car, but parking it in a handicapped spot I can't figure out how that happened. I reached out to the store manager about the parking job, but I have not heard back. Hopefully this lack of response is due to his being off for the Holidays.

LISA B.
Ford Fiesta
Not So Great Experience
I needed a new tire and rim. I got that taken care of, everything was fine. Driving home I noticed my alignment was INCREDIBLY off. So I had to return for that. A slight inconvenience, I wish they'd have recommended that before I drove it home. There is no way they couldn't have known, because they had to drive my car around the lot to put the new tire/rim on and park it when they were finished. The alignment being messed up was my fault, but they had to have noticed it when they drove it cuz it was VERY VERY extraordinarily remarkably bad. So I had to drive back for that. I ordered myself a new rim and my husband attempted to put it on at home, but 2 of the lugnuts were damaged to the point where he couldn't get them off to put on the new hubcap. Another item I'd think the service techs would recommend me ordering 2 new lug nuts... but no. they let me go home and extend this problem of my wheel even longer. So I went in to VA Tire & Auto to get the new lug nuts and was told it'd be a 1 to 1.5 hr wait for them to replace the lugnuts and put the new hubcap on. No problem. I called my husband to pick me up. After he got out of the house and down to your shop to come get me, I was in the car, we were pulling away, when Taylor (?) came running out to say "oops nevermind we don't have the lug nuts here we have to order them." wtf. so my husband (a little steamed at this point) went back home and I went in to order lug nuts. But the manager said, "why doesn't she just go to her dealership. it'd be quicker." um, I don't care about quick, I care about convenience and this whole tire issue was really getting out of control. sounded like he didn't want my business. I'm hesistant to come back, the only advantage is that it's open weekends and close to home :(

AH
AARON H.
Toyota Camry Solara
quick service
Needed a battery change and the staff did it right away. Front desk staff are very customer oriented.

MICHAEL B.
Chrysler 200
12/29/2015
Lynn's car
Clean, neat, & courteous.

HZ
HISHAM Z.
Toyota Avalon
12/27/2015
Tire & Auto South Riding
Best place to service your car. This is the only place I use for VA inspections

JOEL W.
12/26/2015
Great, prompt and courteous service
Great, prompt and courteous service

NF
NOLAND F.
Services on just tires
Been going here for years. The markup prices you do on your parts is ridiculously high. I wish I just went someone else that they give 40% less then you guys. First you guys order my tires and told me it been in the next day. Nobody called and we had to call and then found out the tires were sent to the wrong location so we had to wait the next day. We were told that we been first no matter what because of the mix up. Well that wasn't the case I didn't' get my car back until the evening time. Then get the call that you guys broke the stud. Had to pay the labor for it. Really. I was so done by then. They told me we didn't have to pay for it. When we came in they didn't remove it. So they remove it. And didn't even apologize on nothing. Lack of communication.
Heath P. from Virginia Tire and Auto of South Riding

Thank you for the feedback.

NR
NADIA R.
Springfield, VA
Wonderful
In and out fast, great Customer Service!

ROBERT S.
Honest Local People
Anything tire related, I always bring my cars here. Great service and usually quick turnaround. Avoid end of month times for inspections since they are the go to in the area, it can be a sizable wait time. Otherwise highly recommend.

BG

best and good service

CD
CINTHIA D.
Tire Service
Always professional, pleasant, and I never have to wait to long.

EK
ELIZABETH K.
Volkswagen GTI
Generally poor customer service
The gentleman on the phone did not tell me the same thing the man I met at the shop did, which is that I would need to replace all four tires, not just one, to keep it from being "noisy as hell". I wouldn't have minded so much except we had called two days prior and could actually have ordered the tires. In the end, I still would have ordered the three remaining tires from the man in the shop but he ignored me. What it boils down to - a nice man on the phone who could have provided us with more information and fairly terrible customer service in the shop.
Heath P. from Virginia Tire and Auto of South Riding

THank you for speaking with me and for understanding that it is very difficult to know exactly what repairs a vehicle may need over the phone. This does not excuse the service you received and we thank you for making us aware of your experience. Feedback such as this is vital to us so that we may correct any internal issues.

FF
FRANCOIS F.
BMW 325Ci
12/22/2015
Great service and workmanship.
Great service. The service loaner is a huge benefit as I don't have a second car to use.
Car is running great!