AC
West Chester, PA
Jeep Liberty
08/13/2019
Competent but Overcharge
To swap out a Ignition coil from one cylinder to another in order to diagnose a miss-fire code on one cylinder cost me $100. Less than a half job. They wanted $220 (I guess an additional $120) to fix it. The Ignition coil cost $20 retail, and my 19 year old girl put it in in 10 minutes. They also suggested that I change my oil. So I took a look at it. It looked the same as it did when I put in in less than 50 miles ago. This was not included in the $220 quote. I didn't even ask how much for the oil change. Unfortunately, I won't be coming back. They helped me in the past and I didn't feel gouged.. but now I feel like I was almost raped.
Dave B. from West Goshen Automotive responded on 08/19/2019

Mr. Cattlett,
I called  to discuss this matter with you, but as of this writing, I have not had the courtesy of a return phone call.
I am troubled by your review.  The analogy you used is not a word I would use lightly!  I have been in business for over 30 years.  I pride myself on honesty and integrity, and take this matter very serious.  You were quoted a price to diagnose your car, which you agreed to.  Your vehicle did not have a lube sticker on the windshield, so we were unsure when your last oil change was.    We suggested an oil change if you were in need of one.   If you would like to discuss, please feel free to call me.

TG
Terry G.
West Chester, PA
Lexus GX 470
06/11/2017
Action
I had a standard inspection and was not happy with the fact that in my I got charged with excessive payments for labor for Simply having lightbulbs replaced .. I made that clear when I left.
Dave B. from West Goshen Automotive responded on 06/15/2017

Terry,  I believe that a review should be based on your entire experience, from start to finish, including, but not limited to, the conversation that took place when you authorized the work which was performed.  It is disappointing that you chose to give a bad review  That being said, we typically charge less than factory book time for bulb replacement, in checking book time you would have incurred an additional $72.10  I believe what you were charged was more then fair.  If you would like to discuss this matter further, please feel free to call me, or stop in