AC
Alan C.
Jeep Liberty
08/13/2019
Competent but Overcharge
To swap out a Ignition coil from one cylinder to another in order to diagnose a miss-fire code on one cylinder cost me $100. Less than a half job. They wanted $220 (I guess an additional $120) to fix it. The Ignition coil cost $20 retail, and my 19 year old girl put it in in 10 minutes. They also suggested that I change my oil. So I took a look at it. It looked the same as it did when I put in in less than 50 miles ago. This was not included in the $220 quote. I didn't even ask how much for the oil change. Unfortunately, I won't be coming back. They helped me in the past and I didn't feel gouged.. but now I feel like I was almost raped.
Dave B. from West Goshen Automotive responded on 08/19/2019

Mr. Cattlett,
I called  to discuss this matter with you, but as of this writing, I have not had the courtesy of a return phone call.
I am troubled by your review.  The analogy you used is not a word I would use lightly!  I have been in business for over 30 years.  I pride myself on honesty and integrity, and take this matter very serious.  You were quoted a price to diagnose your car, which you agreed to.  Your vehicle did not have a lube sticker on the windshield, so we were unsure when your last oil change was.    We suggested an oil change if you were in need of one.   If you would like to discuss, please feel free to call me.

TG
Terry G.
Lexus GX 470
06/11/2017
Action
I had a standard inspection and was not happy with the fact that in my I got charged with excessive payments for labor for Simply having lightbulbs replaced .. I made that clear when I left.
Dave B. from West Goshen Automotive responded on 06/15/2017

Terry,  I believe that a review should be based on your entire experience, from start to finish, including, but not limited to, the conversation that took place when you authorized the work which was performed.  It is disappointing that you chose to give a bad review  That being said, we typically charge less than factory book time for bulb replacement, in checking book time you would have incurred an additional $72.10  I believe what you were charged was more then fair.  If you would like to discuss this matter further, please feel free to call me, or stop in

ZN
Zachary N.
Lebanon, PA
11/17/2016
quick service, but grossly overpriced
My car broke down and needed towed for repairs for a new starter. This is an easy job, and a brand new starter costs about $150 from the local Autozone. I knew I was going to get raked over the coals no matter where I went, but West Goshen Auto charged $221.92+tax for a refurbished starter, and after labor and replacing a battery cable, my bill was $539.73... more than 3.5x what it would cost to do it myself! On the plus side, they were able to provide a fast turnaround.
Dave B. from West Goshen Automotive responded on 11/22/2016

We apologize if you feel you were overcharged.  We do our best to be competative.  We use only quality parts.  Your labor rate also included, diagnostic time and a battery cable replacement.
We appreciate your business.

PM
Patricia M.
Volvo S60
08/26/2019
Normal inspection and emission
Did their best to get me in and out efficiently, however I was charged a tire rotation I didn’t ask for...other than that it was great service.

David W.
04/30/2019
Honest shop!
I have been using W.G. Auto for about 2 years now and have had nothing but great experiences with them. They have done work on 2 of my vehicles and they did what I asked, and not any additional un-requested work. Their prices seem to be right on par with the going rate(s) around our area. As a previous mechanic, and a "car guy", I would recommend this shop to anyone (and I do every chance I get).

Melissa S.
04/19/2019
I needed brakes and I didn’t have to wait to long-standing

PC
Patricia C.
04/03/2018
Great place
Everyone was friendly and efficient.

Ana S.
12/28/2017
Location and Shuttle Vehicle
People are very friendly and trustworthy. The value for the work is great. My last experience however, it took much longer than what I had been told. I left the car at 8am and was told it would be no later than 10.00 or 11.00am. Well, it wasn't until noon. So the extra waiting time was an inconvenience.

CF
Colleen F.
Toyota Camry Solara
09/20/2017
Always professional, fair pricing and great work!
I was just a little surprised this visit that I waited for a while, but I think it was just a scheduling error. They still got me out of there in reasonable time, so not really a big deal. I have recommended West Goshen Auto to lots of people; even my community website. Keep up the good work!!

GM
George M.
Dodge Magnum
06/05/2017
First time, So far so good, will know more with next vehicle
Dodge runs much better, Thank You

Dan B.
Ford Econoline
05/12/2017
Work done as expected and on time
The folks at West Goshen are friendly, thorough and a pleasure to wirk with.

Donna M.
Acura TL
04/14/2017
Good trained people
They are always helpful although my car is tied up for the entire day. But they do transport me back and forth to my home.

Joseph S.
GMC Pickup
01/27/2017
Owner involvement
I had only stopped in to make an appointment for oil change and left a short while later and not having to go back or make other arrangements. They know the history of my vehicle so every is up to speed about issues that might be problems.

SL
Steven L.
Chevrolet Suburban
08/07/2020
Top notch service
Thanks for the service.
Dave and his mechanics service my car as if it was there's.Taking care to point out what it will need in the future and explaining what and why.
All ways greatfull to be able to plan for future expenses.

RK
Richard K.
Volvo S90
08/06/2020
In for State Inspection
As always Dave and the crew took care of me with fast and friendly service that didn't break the bank.