Overall Rating 3.33333/5Overall Rating 3.33333/5Overall Rating 3.33333/5rating 3.33333rating 3.33333

KATHLEEN B.
Northampton, MA
02/09/2019
Basics not addressed
fluids were not checked and this became apparent when we realized we were down a quart of oil. The truck takes 6 but because it is a new to us truck we didn't realize that and thought we might have burned a quart in a short drive. When we discovered that we were down a quart we took the truck to another mechanic who noted that the power steering fluid was down, brake fluid needed to be changed as well as the transmission fluid. It also needed a new gas pump and then it ran much better. None of these issues were addressed at A1, so we were disappointed, caused us stress and turned out to be a waste of $

11/19/2018
Not recommended for hybrids
I spent about a year bring my Prius to A-1 trying to get the check engine light to go off. After lots of repairs and part replacements that were very expensive and didn't fix the problem I brought it to the Toyota Dealership who knew what was wrong and immediately fixed it The guy who looked at my car saw the service record and was shocked. He said A-1 was guessing and "throwing parts at the problem."

The one thing A-1 got right was a manifold replacement. However, they used the wrong part number and there was a danger of the computer not accepting it after it was updated. We got lucky and it passed but it should never have been a possibility. Why was the wrong part used?

A-1 is probably fine for minor repairs on gas engines but bring your hybrid to a dealer or a shop that specializes in hybrids. I wonder how much money we would have saved if we'd just gone to the dealership in the first place.

CeCe B.
09/15/2018
No Happy about service
Brian wasn't able to fix my problem. Had to take my vehicle to a Chevy dealership in order to get it fixed.

MICHELLE M.
10/09/2017
Terrible they charged for services that didn't even need to be done
I was disappointed...I will never go back or recommend this place to anyone.

REV.ROBERT W.
Beaverton, OR
Buick Park Avenue
05/04/2017
I was embarrassed and rather angry at my last visit.
Although I was notified of my service appoint on this web page and confirmed it twice, when I arrived at the garage, no one knew that I was coming; Fortunately since I have to drive all the way across Portland, the garage fitted me into its busy schedule. I asked itwould be desirable for me to notify the garage if I received another appointment from the web and they said yesf the distance I have to travel for service, I believe I will have to find servicing closer.

ROD B.
Chevrolet Forward Control
08/12/2015
Mistakes and mix ups
I took my motorhome in for work on both exhaust manifolds. It took some time, but I expected that so no problem there. However, when I got it baclk, the oil dip stick (four feet long) would not go back in at all as easily as it did before, becoming twisted at the top and bent at the bottom and, after driving it and checking the gas mileage, its usage had gone from 8.4 mpg to 7.0 mpg on, literally, the next tank of gas. The engine was also surging in the upper RPM range. When asked about these two things, the manager/owner said that the dip stick was sliding as it had when it came in and that he had no explanation for the drop in MPG's. He said that he would look at it again. I suggested something wrong with the spark plugs. His mechanic found metal transfer on one of the poles of the distributor cap and they changed that out. But it was still surging and the MPG's were up very marginally, but still low. The manager/owner also got me a new dip stick, but continued to not take responsibility for the dip stick nor the lower MPG's. I took the RV to my regular mechanic just yesterday and he found that the dip stick tube had been obviously bent, that one of the spark plug boots/sheaths was torn, causing arching out side the spark plug wire and, worst of all, two of the spark plug wires had been put on the wrong plugs. After driving it home, it drove like a dream. So my complaints are: mixing up a simple spark plug connection (attention to detail problem for the mechanic), causing and then denying bending the oil dipstick tube which had been intact for 19 years and 51000 miles (another mechanic problem of poor attention to detail) and, finally, after the second time in and being as cordial as possible, not having the manager/owner believe me that the vehicle I had driven for years was acting improperly and not even personally checking the work of the mechanic after the second visit. Admittedly, the manager was always hyper busy and he was always nice to me (his customer). The concern is for no quality control of the work, especially from a head mechanic, not necessarily the "boss", after work done is brought back. The attention to detail should have been raised to a new, higher level by an on-site expert. The business model needs to be modified before I will go back to them with a motorhome problem.

YM
Yearton M.
Beaverton, OR
Hyundai Santa Fe
03/18/2015 Category: Service
Melissa said this business told her she needed an unspecified part for her vehicle. She went and got a second opinion and was told this business just wanted money from her and her vehicle did not need that part. Her vehicle is running just fine now. She would not recommend this business for the reasons already stated.

WE
Walter E.
Lincoln Town Car
09/17/2014 Category: Service
Walter said the lady who helped him out with his battery, laughed and was rude to him. He asked if there was a cheaper battery and she started laughing at him and said if he could not afford a battery, then he should not own a vehicle. He also stated that she smelt like smoke. He will not be recommending this business because of what has already been shared.