Overall Rating 3.33333/5Overall Rating 3.33333/5Overall Rating 3.33333/5rating 3.33333rating 3.33333

09/17/2017
Oil Change visit...
Knowledgeable staff and pleasant atmosphere...

BT
BILL T.
Mazda Protege
05/13/2017
First time with A1
They made a mistake that created a bit of hassle for everyone involved. Not an auspicious beginning. However -- everyone I met was extremely helpful and they go out of their way to be as thorough as possible. So I'm looking forward to another (expensive) appointment soon and I'm expecting great things from them. Tempted to give them a full 5 stars just for good intentions. Not going with 4 only because this was my very first visit. I'm looking forward to a long association with them and expect to enthusiastically give those last two stars.

Joshua P.
Oregon City, OR
Chevrolet Suburban
02/03/2017 Category: Service
Joshua said the business was okay but he paid them to look at the vehicle and his problem is still not resolved.

AC
Alan C.
Nissan 350Z
01/27/2017 Category: Service
Alan said this business did not do anything to resolve any dissatisfaction. He has not gone back.

01/27/2017 Category: Service
Alan said this business did not perform a good inspection on his vehicle. There were problems that should have been noticed and they should have told him what was going on with his vehicle.
Kory C. B., Owner from A-1 Automotive responded on 01/30/2017

Alan,

I am the one who spoke with you when you called back about some clarification on our pre-purchase inspection notes. I appologize for any things that have come up after the purchase as we do our best with having limited knowledge of the vehicle and mostly rely on visual and "feel" on test drive. The only way to determine a lot of issues is to drive vehicle for a while as we tell all our customers; we don't have a crystal ball and to always be skeptical on used vehicles as sometimes you are purchasing last owners old problems.
Let me know if we can help work thru anything still troubling this vehicle. Again, sorry for your dissapointment, rating is not reflective of how my people work.

Kory C. B., Owner from A-1 Automotive responded on 01/30/2017

Sangay M.
New Castle, DE
12/16/2016 Category: Service
Sangay said the business could have given her at least $500 for her vehicle. Bryan was very helpful and very nice. It was a good place.

VB
VICTOR B.
Chevrolet Aveo
11/10/2016
Professional and friendly, but took a full hour doing more than I asked them to
I went in to have a broken bolt removed from my thermostat housing (I broke it while replacing my own thermostat), I could not remove the bolt with my own tools.

I made it clear that all I wanted was the bolt removed, a new bolt put in, and coolant replaced. Should have been simple and quick. They removed it in about 20 minutes, but they went above and beyond and somehow managed to take another 40 minutes doing what I could have done myself for free in 5 minutes so they could charge me for the full hour.

I'm not bitter, just a little annoyed. They did a good job and were professional, I'll give em that. In retrospect, I probably should have gone to some grungy sketchy greasy garage like Brake Team and payed em 40 bucks to do only what I asked, but A-1 was blocks from my house which was a big factor since I was leaking coolant pretty fast...

$112 later at least my car works! I'm only complaining a little.

02/08/2016
HVAC motor with a short .......................
Knowledgeable staff

01/07/2016
The honesty and attention to details....
I would definitely recommend A-1 Automotive to my friends and family! Great people to do business with and very knowledgeable.

CE
CARL E.
10/26/2015
Prices
The service was great. The staff friendly. $279.00 for an alternator that took less than an hour was too high.
Kory C. B., Owner from A-1 Automotive responded on 10/27/2015

Carl,

I am sorry you are disapponted with the pricing of your alternator, we realize there are less expensive parts available, which in turn leads to a lower quality repair because of parts failure which in turn reflects on us when it does fail. I would much rather make sure that we can warranty the repairs to our customers vehicles with the best quality parts available for the money vs. going with the cheapest parts. The OEM Factory part we installed is approximatly $125.00 less than the Dealership would have charged. What do you feel could have been better; my staff states that they did offer the alternative quality aftermarket part for your vehicle which cost about $30 more than the OEM.
Please feel free to contact me directly on my cell phone @
503.740.3345

JO
Jerry O.
Buick Regal
08/23/2013 Category: Service
Jerry said the business did not do anything to resolve the problem. However, he has a list of repairs that they recommend. The repairs would be too expensive.

08/23/2013 Category: Service
Jerry said the business was nice. The business could not tell him specifically what was wrong with the vehicle, but they gave him estimates about what the problem could be. His fuel pressure starts to get low and he can warm it up and drive it, but then afterwards his vehicle will not start again.
Kory C. B., Owner from A-1 Automotive responded on 09/18/2013

I totally must have missed this review during our office remodel mess. I appologize for the mis-understanding because your plan to sell the vehicle before your move back east; and that we were unable to suggest any temporary repairs to get you by for a short period. I hope the suggestions to attempt to repair it yourself was helpful before your trip.

Kory

Jose M.
Dodge Durango
07/24/2013 Category: Service
Jose said the business offered him a discounted membership booklet to make up for the previous visit.

07/24/2013 Category: Service
Jose said this business told him they would call him about the status of his vehicle, but they never did. He had to call this business for information about his vehicle.
Kory C. B., Owner from A-1 Automotive responded on 08/05/2013

Jose,

I appologize for not responding faster to your survey that we sent to you. I had taken a few days off for some family camping time and also, we had never received a lower score like this so it was a bit new on how to respond back through our new system. Anyhow, please accept my appologies in this oversite of not getting back to you in a timely manner. It will help us to improve service to our customers in this area for sure. I realize the news we gave you about no compression in one of the cylinders and needing some very expensive repairs to correct this problem was a bit dis-heartening because of how meticulous the rest of your vehicle is. Hopefully, we can be of service again in the future.

Respectfully,