Jose Javier C.
Whittier, CA
12/02/2018
They damaged my door panel and expensive
They fixed my car but they damaged my door panel interior. For the price they charge they should be much more careful with the cars. I do not recommend.

Mario C.
Pasadena, CA
08/11/2018 Category: Service
Mario said when he purchased an item, a DME computer kit, this business' staff provided an EWS and a key. When his mechanic tried to install it, it was the wrong computer interface. They said his mechanic was wrong and gave him another that was registered, already. A third time he went back, and they insisted his mechanic didn't know what he was doing. They went about it their way and towed the vehicle over there, so their mechanic could install it in 15 minutes. That didn't happen. It took two days and then they asked if he had the old DME because they needed the software numbers, which they never initially matched, The second time they didn't care, and grabbed a random computer. He stated he spent $400 for the computer, and it wasted his time. It took 2 or 3 weeks of going back and forth. After giving his old DME numbers he was promised programming for $120, but they couldn't because supposedly there was a short in the wiring, so they charged him $95 an hour. They said to trust them taking two hours, but his own mechanic checked everything before connecting the computers and told him no way did he miss the fuse that they mentioned. What they said was faulty wiring, and they just took him for 200 dollars worth of labor. They said he needed a terminal but no IBS. They once again said he didn't need that piece and they charged him for an IBS censor, They offered to fix his radiator and estimated it at $800. He refused. The initial invoice of $120 went up to $400 and they didn't give him proof of invoices or receipts. In total, it was $800 something, and took weeks. He had to have his vehicle towed out of there.
Nancy M., Marketing Coordinator from Alpine Auto responded on 08/14/2018

We apologize that this is the way you feel.Your vehicle was not an easy task to begin with it was towed to and out of our shop,Once your vehicle arrived it was disassebled with parts all in the front passenger seat.It really doesn't help the situation when a client is rushed for their vehicle and nothing good ever comes out of being rushed. We are very well known shop in the Los Angeles area and most of our loyal customers know that we are predominantly very busy and usually takes about a week or 2 to get an apt here in which your case we made and exception and took your vehicle in since it was inop and needed to be started because the initial part did belong to us. At the end you decided to take your vehicle out of our shop because it didn't seem to you ideal for it to be taking that long for just a swap.Again,this was infortunate meeting with consumer and business owner.We hope all is well between you your bmw and mechanic.Thank you again.

VH
Victor H.
Huntington Park, CA
02/19/2018 Category: Service
Victor said the mechanics are okay and the receptionist was nice and helpful. He was told the vehicle would be ready a week after he dropped it off. He made arrangements and plans according to the delivery time the business gave him. He received a call less than a day later saying his vehicle was ready. He scrambled to get to the business a soon as he could. He was told when he arrived to get the vehicle that the business would only accept cash as payment. He was not able to immediately return with the payment. He was told that he would be charged $500 for the business storing his vehicle. After this experience, he will not recommend the business.
Nancy M., Marketing Coordinator from Alpine Auto responded on 02/19/2018

That is very unfortunate that you feel that way,we strive to be very accomodating to and for our costumers. We did our best to work with you at this difficult time even when the insurance wasn't working with either yourself or us. Thank you so much for your review,Have a great week.

REX B.
Harbor City, CA
11/21/2017
Worst Scam Service Ever!
This Service department is the worst experience ever!
Nancy M., Marketing Coordinator from Alpine Auto responded on 11/22/2017

Sorry you feel that way.

KEVIN S.
Mercedes-Benz SL-Class
11/19/2017
Very Disappointed
I was debating on putting in a review because I hate to be negative because their are some nice people at Alpine but what I'm experiencing makes no sense I dropped my car off twice for ignition SRS issue's on my Mercedes Benz SL the first time I was charged for an ignition months later I still have the same issue I return to Alpine for them to address this issue once again they spend a week diagnosing my car and informed me that it's the battery and it's going to cost me which I felt I shouldn't had been charged regardless of what I felt we moved on and they were willing to work with me as far as price very much appreciated/obligated while supposively addressing the ignition issue I wanted them to lubricate my shocks because when I drive I was hearing a squeaky sound they informed me that we did lubricate your suspension but you need both upper and lower arms on both sides so I agreed with a price and the work was performed I go to Alpine pick up my car it's starts up no issues on my next start up I'm dealing with this same issue all over again I call Alpine there closed thus is not a good weekend and what's even worse I spent my last dollars on those upper and lower arms that I probably didn't need because I still hear a little squeak....#UnhappyCustomer

PG
Paul G.
Mercedes-Benz C230
07/28/2017 Category: Service
Paul said the employees told him his vehicle was worth $800 and wanted to charge him $3,600 for repairs. However, he would recommend this business because they have a computer that can handle certain repairs on Mercedes vehicles.

AR
Albert R.
West Covina, CA
Mercedes-Benz E500
09/14/2016
service
I was unhappy with the service on my car they had my car for a total of 3 weeks and still could not find the problem and had to take to independent shop to fix and when bill came they did not want to pay even half then they tell me engine mounts need replacing its another 500 took it back to shop mounts are fine won't take my car back
Nancy M., Marketing Coordinator from Alpine Auto responded on 10/13/2016

Unfortunatte that you were unhappy with the service,Thank you Albert.

Anna M.
California
BMW 328i
05/21/2016 Category: Service
Anna said her experience with this business was not at all good. She went to them for an oil change, transmission change and for them to put her back brakes on. After the work, smoke started to come out of the vents and she could smell something burning. She took the vehicle back to them. They told her that something else was causing the issues but a week after the transmission cover fell off and she had to tow the vehicle back to them. She would recommend the owner of the business to other people but the owner really needs to look at the mechanics. The owner really needs to make sure that the mechanics know what they are doing instead of making excuses for them.

AG
ALBERTO G.
BMW 325i
04/18/2016
Why?
My email address was Used here with some other guys name, why?