FW
Frank W.
01/29/2019
Should have never taken to the shop
Nice staff, get back to you pretty quickly. Car was not running when came in paid 750 and car is still not running. Still unsure of the problem. They did not guarantee it would be and gave me my options. Wish I would of not had them do the work. Prob a good shop but hard not to feel bad about a transaction and get nothing in return.
Nancy M., Marketing Coordinator from Alpine Auto responded on 02/06/2019

Thank you!

Jose Javier C.
Whittier, CA
12/02/2018
They damaged my door panel and expensive
They fixed my car but they damaged my door panel interior. For the price they charge they should be much more careful with the cars. I do not recommend.

Mario C.
Pasadena, CA
08/11/2018 Category: Service
Mario said when he purchased an item, a DME computer kit, this business' staff provided an EWS and a key. When his mechanic tried to install it, it was the wrong computer interface. They said his mechanic was wrong and gave him another that was registered, already. A third time he went back, and they insisted his mechanic didn't know what he was doing. They went about it their way and towed the vehicle over there, so their mechanic could install it in 15 minutes. That didn't happen. It took two days and then they asked if he had the old DME because they needed the software numbers, which they never initially matched, The second time they didn't care, and grabbed a random computer. He stated he spent $400 for the computer, and it wasted his time. It took 2 or 3 weeks of going back and forth. After giving his old DME numbers he was promised programming for $120, but they couldn't because supposedly there was a short in the wiring, so they charged him $95 an hour. They said to trust them taking two hours, but his own mechanic checked everything before connecting the computers and told him no way did he miss the fuse that they mentioned. What they said was faulty wiring, and they just took him for 200 dollars worth of labor. They said he needed a terminal but no IBS. They once again said he didn't need that piece and they charged him for an IBS censor, They offered to fix his radiator and estimated it at $800. He refused. The initial invoice of $120 went up to $400 and they didn't give him proof of invoices or receipts. In total, it was $800 something, and took weeks. He had to have his vehicle towed out of there.
Nancy M., Marketing Coordinator from Alpine Auto responded on 08/14/2018

We apologize that this is the way you feel.Your vehicle was not an easy task to begin with it was towed to and out of our shop,Once your vehicle arrived it was disassebled with parts all in the front passenger seat.It really doesn't help the situation when a client is rushed for their vehicle and nothing good ever comes out of being rushed. We are very well known shop in the Los Angeles area and most of our loyal customers know that we are predominantly very busy and usually takes about a week or 2 to get an apt here in which your case we made and exception and took your vehicle in since it was inop and needed to be started because the initial part did belong to us. At the end you decided to take your vehicle out of our shop because it didn't seem to you ideal for it to be taking that long for just a swap.Again,this was infortunate meeting with consumer and business owner.We hope all is well between you your bmw and mechanic.Thank you again.

KR
Kym R.
Mercedes-Benz E250
07/23/2018 Category: Service
Kym said for the work that needs to be done on her vehicle, the business would not give her an estimate.
Nancy M., Marketing Coordinator from Alpine Auto responded on 07/26/2018

We apologize,Hope the matter was resolved on your next visit.Thank you!

VH
Victor H.
Huntington Park, CA
02/19/2018 Category: Service
Victor said the mechanics are okay and the receptionist was nice and helpful. He was told the vehicle would be ready a week after he dropped it off. He made arrangements and plans according to the delivery time the business gave him. He received a call less than a day later saying his vehicle was ready. He scrambled to get to the business a soon as he could. He was told when he arrived to get the vehicle that the business would only accept cash as payment. He was not able to immediately return with the payment. He was told that he would be charged $500 for the business storing his vehicle. After this experience, he will not recommend the business.
Nancy M., Marketing Coordinator from Alpine Auto responded on 02/19/2018

That is very unfortunate that you feel that way,we strive to be very accomodating to and for our costumers. We did our best to work with you at this difficult time even when the insurance wasn't working with either yourself or us. Thank you so much for your review,Have a great week.

HS
Hugo S.
BMW 745i
02/15/2018 Category: Service
Hugo said he picked up his vehicle from this business the first time, but it was not fixed at all. He took it back and picked it up a second time. But it is still not working well. He feels it is the same problem he brought his vehicle in for originally. He spoke with Tony, who told him they changed the spark plugs, water pump and more, but he is not sure they did all of that. He drove a short distance and he again experienced the same issues, plus the check engine light came on. He then checked the oil level and it was very low. He feels quite frustrated because he paid a lot of money and his vehicle was not fixed. He will be returning again and hopes they will actually fix his vehicle.

REX B.
Harbor City, CA
11/21/2017
Worst Scam Service Ever!
This Service department is the worst experience ever!
Nancy M., Marketing Coordinator from Alpine Auto responded on 11/22/2017

Sorry you feel that way.

GI
Gregorio I.
BMW 328i
09/30/2017 Category: Service
Gregorio said this business did not honor their warranty.
Nancy M., Marketing Coordinator from Alpine Auto responded on 10/06/2017

We apologize that youre unhappy but we strive to  the best of our ability to keep our clients happy.Unfortunately this type of job being that it was done outside of our shop could not have been done under warranty.We hope you understand our view point,Thank you and Hope to keep seeing you again for any of your BMW needs.

Danny M.
Pasadena, CA
BMW 535i
07/21/2017
BMW 535i (F10) Repairs
I really wanted to love this place since it was highly recommended by a good friend as a perfect alternative to service and/or repair my vehicle with reasonable prices compared to a BMW dealer. I recently took my vehicle to Alpine LA after a visit to the dealer, with recommendations of needed repairs (A/C and oil leak), and my limited warranty had just ran out. Making an appointment and dropping off my vehicle was a breeze. I was in and out in minutes and I received a phone call a few hours after. They confirmed what the dealer had recommended and gave me a price for the repairs. I was called the following day stating my repairs were completed and my vehicle was ready.
Picking up my vehicle was also a quick process that took minutes; however, the price I was given over the phone was not the bill I was presented with. There was an increase of a few hundred dollars which turned out to be approximately $150 less than what I would have paid at New Century BMW. When you factor in the convenience of the dealer (being provided a loaner car, or at the very least shuttle service, and my vehicle being washed), it does not seem to be a significant difference. Also, there is peace of mind that repairs are made with genuine new BMW parts when it is worked on by the dealer.
Don’t get me wrong. The repairs made by Alpine LA appear to be very good, and my A/C functions perfectly. I won’t know how the repairs for the oil leak hold up until my vehicle goes in for regular maintenance. But if the price is not that significant than the cost of repairs from the dealer, what’s the point? I also appreciate the consistency of the dealer; the price I am given is the actual cost I end up paying. Of course this is just my personal experience as a first time customer. Others may be charged a lot less than what a dealer would charge. The dealer just appears to be the better choice for me, until I can find that needle in the hay stack with better prices.
Nancy M., Marketing Coordinator from Alpine Auto responded on 07/22/2017

We do apologize something could have gone wrong on our end,Please allow us to make it right. Thank you!

AR
Albert R.
West Covina, CA
Mercedes-Benz E500
09/14/2016
service
I was unhappy with the service on my car they had my car for a total of 3 weeks and still could not find the problem and had to take to independent shop to fix and when bill came they did not want to pay even half then they tell me engine mounts need replacing its another 500 took it back to shop mounts are fine won't take my car back
Nancy M., Marketing Coordinator from Alpine Auto responded on 10/13/2016

Unfortunatte that you were unhappy with the service,Thank you Albert.

SP
SANDRA P.
02/21/2020
Awesome Service & Fast
This place is one of the best auto repair specialists for cars. The service is very fast and the repairs performed left my car functioning at a level that was brand new. I would recommend this place to anyone who needs a repair. The customer service is remarkable and they are able to communicate with you via text and call.

VF
Honest guys!

RN
RODNEY N.
02/17/2020
They have the answers , a little wait but I rather wait and it's done right!
So far so good my second time using them and I'm satisfied. They are now my shop .

DELFINO S.

SA
Sarkis A.
Glendale, CA
01/27/2020
Steve and the entire staff at Alpine are amazing. The expertise and level of service is extraordinary. I can always count on them for all my auto needs.