Automotion Sales, Repair & Motorsports

EI
Elizabeth I.
06/10/2020
HORRIBLE SERVICE
Steve was very helpful and helped with my concern I had. And was the only one who took the time. But the reason i am writing a bad review/ experience is because the OWNER Alberto is unprofessional VERY RUDE individual and should not even be allowed to own a shop. He does not care about his costomers. ALL HE CARES ABOUT IS GETTING AS MUCH MONEY OUT YOUR POCKET. They do half work jobs here. All it is about to them is getting as much money they can out of you. THEY DO NOT CARE ABOUT THERE COSTOMERS. I do not recommend coming here to buy your car or even getting it fixed. They over charge everything. Also they never gave me a title. The experience was just awful.

MN
Mark N.
North Branch, MN
05/30/2020
No call back
I have called them 3 times in a week and thy refuse to return my call, My messages have been very professional and courteous and yet no return call
I have been very interested in several cars they have and it is bizarre that a car dealership that’s in the business of selling cars won’t call a potential customer back , I have given up I will take my business elsewhere

Japhet M.
Eden Prairie, MN
04/23/2020
Excellent Customer Service
My Mercedes C63 needed an replacement and i was looking around for the best shop to do the job due to the complexity of the engine.
I decided to go with Automotion and i was greeted with respect when i walked in the door from the guys there. They made the process simple, all i had to do was drop off the vehicle and wait until its completed. They found a tow truck to pick my vehicle from my location to their shop. They were able to source the best engine they could find with a low mileage and i was up and running in no time. Paul went above and beyond by working on my engine from morning to night to make sure everything is assemble correctly when the engine was out.

Joe B.
04/08/2020
Outstanding customer service
Steve and the Automotion staff went the extra mile to make my purchase effortless. When it is time to have my BMW serviced or purchase another BMW. Automotion will be my first stop.

CR
Camila R.
Cottage Grove, MN
10/30/2019
Happy Customer
We bought our Mercedes CDI here couple months ago they are doing a pretty good job detailing the car runs great and drive like new Thank you Steve.

EH
Emilie H.
09/03/2019
Buyer Beware!
 Buyer Beware! My 20 yr. old Son bought his first car at Automotion just over a week ago. Steve Sherman knew that my Son was planning on driving the car back to school in Madison the day after purchase, and we were assured the car was ready for the trip. Our sales experience with Steve was positive, and he seemed like a trustworthy guy.
My Son drove directly home after buying the car and parked it. When my husband came home he went out to see the car and noticed a bulge in the tire (which must have been there before). Unfortunately my Son and I didn’t examine the tires, but I would have hoped Steve or someone else had before selling it to my son knowing that he was going on a road trip. He could have had a blow out and consequent accident:( Thankfully my husband saw it and we had to have a new set of tires installed the next morning ( given it’s 4 wheel drive and the cheap tires on it were the wrong size). That cost us $567. I left a voicemail for Steve the night of the car purchase and have yet to hear back which is so disappointing. From a customer service perspective I would have hoped for a response, as well as offering a “good faith” reimbursement for at least part of the price of the bad tire. But instead he blew me off. So I’ve decided to warn others of purchasing cars there. And if you plan to do so have it thoroughly checked by an outside mechanic and check Carfax.

K B.
Forest Lake, MN
06/13/2019
Error
Read the real reviews. Those are the truth...one star maximum and that's a stretch. Huge mistake. Full yr of unresolved issues

NR
Nat R.
06/11/2019
Terrific service!!
I was really impressed with the service at Automotion. I stopped by yesterday with a slow leak in one of my tires. The garage was full of cars and really busy, but Patrick came out and greeted me with a really friendly attitude. He spotted the nail in the tire right away and fixed it on the spot!! $22.50!! I was back on my way in about 5 or 10 minutes. Truly amazing. I thought I would have to leave the car overnight. I had a great experience here and would highly recommend this business to anyone.

Allan S.
Anoka, MN
05/21/2019
STAY AWAY
I had traded in a vehicle back in May of 2018 and I have received letters from a impound lot saying they have the car as of 3/5/19. The title was never change out of my name. and when I pulled the carfax report it looks like it was never put in my name and/or never taken out and now I found out that the car was crushed on 4/24/19. I have contacted the DVS Dealer division to get this taken care of and report this.

if you have title issues call DVS Dealer Unit at 651-201-7801.

MA
Michelle A.
05/08/2019
0 stars/ stay away
We live in the neighborhood and brought our cars here a few times for service. I give people the benefit of the doubt and I rarely submit reviews but stay away from this place. Tim was dishonest, nothing was done on time, we were lied to and paid for work that didn’t get done. It was a constant excuse and no return calls.

Charles S.
04/19/2019
DO NOT SERVICE YOUR VEHICLE HERE!!
0 stars wasn't an option but 0 stars is my rating. Brought my car in for an electrical issue. The car was not getting any power despite having a new battery. AAA jump started my car no problem, battery had full power. Dropped my vehicle off at Automotion for repair. Get the call to pick it up, they tell me the problem was the battery terminals just needed to be cleaned up. Price, $120.00. It would take anyone less than 10 minutes to scrub those two terminals with a wire brush and they wanted $120.00. I went in to pick up the car and argued that the bill is ridiculous, way to high. They go on to tell me that they spent time putting it up on a hoist which there is zero reason to do for an electrical issue. Told me it took an hour to fix. What a sham. Dishonest, performing unnecessary tasks all to run up that bill. I'd been coming to that shop for years. The old owner never would have charged me this outrageous amount for a simple cleaning of battery terminals, and certainly would have been efficient in troubleshooting the problem without unnecessary work just to squeeze my wallet. Never going there again and advise caution to anyone who does. 0 stars

Diane B.
04/18/2019
Incredible Sales Manager. Goes WAY above & beyond!
Sales Manager, Steve was so accommodating. He always had a car ready to go for me to test drive. Asked the right questions to ensure I was buying the best car for my needs/use. Steve showed me how to adjust and work everything in the cars.
When bringing my car in for service, a freshly washed loaner car was ready for me to drive with a full tank of gas! Beverages are offered & even a massage chair. All staff are knowledgeable and honest.

John K.
Saint Paul, MN
04/16/2019
Absolutely the worst customer service I’ve ever experienced. No calls back when promised. Ignore your calls.
I tried for four days to get Steve to call me. I wanted to see a particular car. He never returned my calls and on the one occasion he actually answered his phone, he made promises about getting it ready to be seen and that he would call me. I’m still waiting. If he is that untrustworthy and unreliable when you are trying to give him business, imagine how bad it would be if you bought a car and then needed something. He uses the same words and excuses for multiple people; small family owned, only person in sales and finance, etc. Well, fix the problem but learn how to respond to customers!

BD
Brian D.
Stillwater, MN
11/20/2018
Nightmare
Son bought car. Many things wrong with it. Brought it back to get fixed 3 months later nothing fixed and parts from car missing. Buyers beware. Nothing but problems 0 our of 5 rating. Check out BBB website for rating F

Allan S.
Anoka, MN
11/04/2018
Frustrating
My wife and I bought our second car from this place in May. We got a 2007 Audi Q7. When we bought it the rear gate was not working properly and the rear seat belts were broken. They were also going to get us another key. This was written in the contract.

We dropped the car off at there shop in mid August and got it back on 10/3 after 5 weeks. None of the repairs were done. The rear gate still doesn’t work and the rear seat belts had new housing glued and tape on around them. The one seat belt did not even latch. I messaged Steve and he said they will make it right. I told him at this point I would like to take it to Audi, he agreed. I went to Audi and got the cost of the key and looking at the gate. And have sent 4 emails and 2 text messages to Steve to make sure he was ok with the cost with no return. Also I ordered the seat belts on eBay and fixed them myself for 50 bucks.

Again this is our second car we have gotten from Steve and we would have gotten another one. I have given this place a 5 star rating in the past. So that’s why I am writing this now. Very sad that over $500 of work they are willing to loose a good customer.

I am still hoping that Steve will come through.

Allan