WJ
WESLEY J.
Nissan Rogue
02/04/2020
No help at all
I paid 30$ for them to tell me they don't know what is wrong and to take it somewhere else and let them look at it.
Robert L., President from Auto Tech Service responded on 02/24/2020

We @ Auto Tech Service take our customers feelings & observations very seriously, whether it's a good, or not so good review, I spoke to this young man, mostly a lack of communication, he now understands what we did, how we did it and told me he was okay with it.

Dove G.
Lincoln Town Car
12/11/2017 Category: Service
Dove said the business did not fix what they said they did when she took it there the first time, and charged her extra money for it.
Robert L., President from Auto Tech Service responded on 01/15/2018

We at Auto Tech Service take each and every customer's vehicle seriously, we listen to you, we work with you and treat everyone with the customer service they deserve.  Your Lincoln had a blown engine, you left it here both times for an extended amount of time, to the point we had to charge more for the storage of your vehicle. Does it cost me anything to have a vehicle on my property? Yes, we have to spend employee time trying to reach you repeatedly over the the course of weeks you leave your vehicle, our employees must physically move your  vehicle in and out of the shop daily and clean the fluid loss from your vehicle from our shop floor and parking lot. All these things take time and money, when if a customer would simply retrieve their vehicle when they decide no repair will be done all that, and the cost could be avoided.

CJ
Cristina J.
Dodge Nitro
07/18/2017 Category: Service
Cristina said she thinks his name is Tony, he is really good and he explained everything. She does not like the receptionist because she was rude.

TG
TOM G.
Buick Century
01/27/2017
Would not return
Went in for one thing and suggested other things

HN
Hiram N.
07/12/2016 Category: Service
Hiram said he was not happy when he left this business because he was overcharged for work that was previously done.
Robert L., President from Auto Tech Service responded on 07/14/2016

Sir,

After seeing your review I went in and reviewed your history of repair with us. I found you had been in for a repair/replacement of your a/c condenser almost two years ago, the price for this part/repair was/is completely in line with market norms and their was no mention of any problem with price associated with the repair at that time. Recently you came to us with a complaint of your vehicle's a/c not blowing cold air, we checked it for no charge and found the system low on Freon. As a repair course of action, we recommended evacuating and recharging your ac system and adding trace dye to find any leak within the a/c system. This service/repair consisits of labor by a qualified technician, Freon by the ounce into your a/c system, and trace dye to help us find any potential leak. You left with a a/c system blowing very cold air and poised, with the trace dye to identify the problem should the a/c fail to continue working properly, all for a very small, reasonable price that again was not questioned at the time of your approval of this course of action. As most people know, a/c systems in vehicles have many parts and do different things, any one, or all systems can and do fail. We also ask you bring your vehicle back in two to three weeks, or before if the a/c failed to continue to blow cold so we could recheck, again for no charge where the leak is. We welcome any questions and/or concerns from our customers concerning price of repair prior to any work being done as we never have, and never will move forward with any service or repair unless the customer fully understands what needs to be done and cost associated with it. Should you not understand any of this reply, please feel free to call me, or stop back by for more explanation as we take all customers concerns very seriously, especially where our practices have been questioned.

JEREMY B.
09/17/2015
Not impressed!
Well not sure what they are trying to get away with but watch out! Always make appointment just to have them keep your automobile for 2 days for a brake job then will continue to call you about other repairs constantly!
Auto Tech C. from Auto Tech Service responded on 09/17/2015

Jeremy,

I must admit I'm quite taken aback by your words...beyond the severe brake problems your truck had, we did what we do for all customers and that is check all fluid levels, belts, hoses, lights, air pressure and so on...we could clearly see you had a number of other issues with your truck, we called you, explained the issues we found, then recommended, and I stress recommended a course of action and/or repair, at that point it was your decision to say yes or no as we never do work on a customers vehicle without their approval. You approved repairs, we did them. The reason we had your truck two days was because of the level of repair your vehicle needed and you approved. I as the owner stand behind my employees course of action, and that is making our customers aware of any problems we see with their vehicle, we do it for all our customers. Their is, was no pressure, simply explain the issues we find, recommend a course of action, then let the customer decide how they want to proceed. Auto Tech Servide has been in business for over 50 years with thousands of satisfied customers evey year, I was a customer myself for well over 10 years...I never felt duped in any way, I liked the business so much I bought it over 6 years ago.
I invite you, and everyone to look at our many reviews on this site, as well as Google, Yelp, and Angie's list, In fact we've won Angie's list Super Service Award 3 of the last 4 years and well as the Lexington Herald-Leader Readers Choice Favorite for auto repair in Lexington 4 years in a row. This review is simply not repersentative of Auto Tech Service, and I felt I had to address it as I see it as unfair, and untrue.

Mike G.
Kentucky
Dodge Charger
09/11/2014 Category: Service
Mike said the business charged him $30 to tell him that the noise coming from the cooling fan was normal. Six days later, the check engine light came on and the vehicle shut down. He had to pay another facility $700 to replace the cooling fans and perform a coolant flush. This business should refund him for an incorrect diagnosis. He would not recommend the business due to this experience.
Auto Tech C. from Auto Tech Service responded on 09/19/2014

We are certainly sorry that you were not happy with your visit.  Upon reviewing your ticket and reading over all the technical notes,  I see where we told you that we could not duplicate the noise complaint at this time.   And it was suggested when the noise worsens or is more persistent to return.  Since you did not return when the noise was more pronounced it is unfair to think we misdiagnosed the issue.  Without hearing the noise we could not determine what repair was needed. We also have a 30 day guarantee on our testing that if we do not find an issue or if the issue returns we will test or inspect for free.  We certainly would have reinspected the issue once the issue was more pronounced.  I see this is a phone interview so we will certainly follow up with you on the other items you mentioned in the survey.

BO
Bill O.
Kentucky
02/21/2014 Category: Service
Spoke with Megan. She said they gave her a high quote that ended up being twice the amount she paid when she had her vehicle serviced at a different facility. She would not recommend them to others for the reasons mentioned.
Auto Tech C. from Auto Tech Service responded on 02/25/2014

Thank you for responding to our survey.  In reviewing your ticket, it appears it was a large job we were estimating along with maintenance items.  Many times it is hard to estimate the actual work going from a noise inspection.  We try to give worse case scenerio of cost just incase something happens.  Most times our repairs come in under estimated cost.  We are glad you were able to have the repair done at a lower cost.  Many times, cost is the driving force for a customer. However  as a shop we have to look at quality and part warranty offered, in which case may come with a higher quote as well.

WC
WALLACE C.
Jeep Liberty
04/09/2021
2008 Jeep Repair
Great service, very knowledgeable ...

AH
ALADYA H.
04/08/2021
The integrity of the service and staff
I have had a problem with a couple of my dashboard lights remaining on (for at least 2 years) because of a minor exhaust vapor leak. Although this did not interfere with the proper running of the vehicle, driving with the lights on masked subsequent problems associated with the light sensors. Auto Tech was the first (and only) to suggest discovering the leak(s) by smoking the vehicle. As a result, for the first time in a very long time the light signals are off and I feel comfortably safe traveling in my vehicle once again.

WJ
Willis J.
04/08/2021 Category: Service
Willis said the business took good care of him. Specifically, Kelly was great because she quickly got him an appointment, then the mechanics immediately took the vehicle and fixed it up for him.

JOHN M.
Finchville, KY
Toyota FJ Cruiser
04/07/2021
Professional communication
Kelly was helpful, honest and straightforward.

KAREN M.
04/05/2021
Friendly, took my concern seriously & addressed it.
Scott was friendly & took my concerns seriously abt loose steering issue. He drove it, didn't find a problem &explained abt auto correct re road lines. My appt wasn't on the computer, but he was most gracious & said it was ok. I will recommend highly to my sons & neighbors. Heard abt on WVLK- AM radio, Jack Pattie's show & I think on WLAP AM, too. Remember Robt Linsey well from his radio days. And no charge - tho I tried to pay him for time/expertise since I'd b going to Subaru w problems since still under warranty. I will go back when out of warranty. Thank you.

CE
CHARLES E.
04/05/2021
Customer service! Always an easy visit.
Kelly is always so helpful as is anyone else I’ve dealt with on my visits. It’s a totally different experience than going to Ken Towery (my previous mechanic). It’s a relaxed and calm environment. The work is always exceptional too but the customer service is what keeps me coming back.

JACKIE R.
03/22/2021
Great customer service....honest and knowledgeable well trained mechanics. The front desk is great too! Kelly and Scott are very knowledgeable and efficient!
Glad I can go to a place I can trust!