MICHAEL B.
Erlanger, KY
Volkswagen Passat
05/15/2020
Great service! Great staff!
In-n-out quickly each time I’ve come in. And the job is well done.
Robert L., President from Auto Tech Service responded on 05/15/2020

Michael says great things, responding so he may rescore as he didn't intend the rating it origianally had.

WJ
WESLEY J.
Nissan Rogue
02/04/2020
No help at all
I paid 30$ for them to tell me they don't know what is wrong and to take it somewhere else and let them look at it.
Robert L., President from Auto Tech Service responded on 02/24/2020

We @ Auto Tech Service take our customers feelings & observations very seriously, whether it's a good, or not so good review, I spoke to this young man, mostly a lack of communication, he now understands what we did, how we did it and told me he was okay with it.

Dove G.
Lincoln Town Car
12/11/2017 Category: Service
Dove said the business did not fix what they said they did when she took it there the first time, and charged her extra money for it.
Robert L., President from Auto Tech Service responded on 01/15/2018

We at Auto Tech Service take each and every customer's vehicle seriously, we listen to you, we work with you and treat everyone with the customer service they deserve.  Your Lincoln had a blown engine, you left it here both times for an extended amount of time, to the point we had to charge more for the storage of your vehicle. Does it cost me anything to have a vehicle on my property? Yes, we have to spend employee time trying to reach you repeatedly over the the course of weeks you leave your vehicle, our employees must physically move your  vehicle in and out of the shop daily and clean the fluid loss from your vehicle from our shop floor and parking lot. All these things take time and money, when if a customer would simply retrieve their vehicle when they decide no repair will be done all that, and the cost could be avoided.

TG
TOM G.
Buick Century
01/27/2017
Would not return
Went in for one thing and suggested other things

JEREMY B.
09/17/2015
Not impressed!
Well not sure what they are trying to get away with but watch out! Always make appointment just to have them keep your automobile for 2 days for a brake job then will continue to call you about other repairs constantly!
Auto Tech C. from Auto Tech Service responded on 09/17/2015

Jeremy,

I must admit I'm quite taken aback by your words...beyond the severe brake problems your truck had, we did what we do for all customers and that is check all fluid levels, belts, hoses, lights, air pressure and so on...we could clearly see you had a number of other issues with your truck, we called you, explained the issues we found, then recommended, and I stress recommended a course of action and/or repair, at that point it was your decision to say yes or no as we never do work on a customers vehicle without their approval. You approved repairs, we did them. The reason we had your truck two days was because of the level of repair your vehicle needed and you approved. I as the owner stand behind my employees course of action, and that is making our customers aware of any problems we see with their vehicle, we do it for all our customers. Their is, was no pressure, simply explain the issues we find, recommend a course of action, then let the customer decide how they want to proceed. Auto Tech Servide has been in business for over 50 years with thousands of satisfied customers evey year, I was a customer myself for well over 10 years...I never felt duped in any way, I liked the business so much I bought it over 6 years ago.
I invite you, and everyone to look at our many reviews on this site, as well as Google, Yelp, and Angie's list, In fact we've won Angie's list Super Service Award 3 of the last 4 years and well as the Lexington Herald-Leader Readers Choice Favorite for auto repair in Lexington 4 years in a row. This review is simply not repersentative of Auto Tech Service, and I felt I had to address it as I see it as unfair, and untrue.

Mike G.
Kentucky
Dodge Charger
09/11/2014 Category: Service
Mike said the business charged him $30 to tell him that the noise coming from the cooling fan was normal. Six days later, the check engine light came on and the vehicle shut down. He had to pay another facility $700 to replace the cooling fans and perform a coolant flush. This business should refund him for an incorrect diagnosis. He would not recommend the business due to this experience.
Auto Tech C. from Auto Tech Service responded on 09/19/2014

We are certainly sorry that you were not happy with your visit.  Upon reviewing your ticket and reading over all the technical notes,  I see where we told you that we could not duplicate the noise complaint at this time.   And it was suggested when the noise worsens or is more persistent to return.  Since you did not return when the noise was more pronounced it is unfair to think we misdiagnosed the issue.  Without hearing the noise we could not determine what repair was needed. We also have a 30 day guarantee on our testing that if we do not find an issue or if the issue returns we will test or inspect for free.  We certainly would have reinspected the issue once the issue was more pronounced.  I see this is a phone interview so we will certainly follow up with you on the other items you mentioned in the survey.

John C.
Ford Freestar Wagon
01/14/2020 Category: Service
John said they were not able to fix the problem and he had to have the vehicle towed to another facility.
Robert L., President from Auto Tech Service responded on 01/15/2020

John, Sorry we failed to get a 5 star review from you. As we told you, we don't do internal transmission work, we did do an estimate for a new transmission, but you stated you'd rather attempt to find a way to repair the one you have, we wish you luck. Perhaps next time we'll get a 5 star from you as we have almost 1000 5 star reviews, and counting!

Chevrolet TrailBlazer
12/19/2019
I usually give 5 stars
I always go to auto tech for service. great every time except this one. I am not certain my problem was fully repaired. I not going to give up and I definitely will try them again. I will still recommend them no doubt..

HN
Hiram N.
07/12/2016 Category: Service
Hiram said he was not happy when he left this business because he was overcharged for work that was previously done.
Robert L., President from Auto Tech Service responded on 07/14/2016

Sir,

After seeing your review I went in and reviewed your history of repair with us. I found you had been in for a repair/replacement of your a/c condenser almost two years ago, the price for this part/repair was/is completely in line with market norms and their was no mention of any problem with price associated with the repair at that time. Recently you came to us with a complaint of your vehicle's a/c not blowing cold air, we checked it for no charge and found the system low on Freon. As a repair course of action, we recommended evacuating and recharging your ac system and adding trace dye to find any leak within the a/c system. This service/repair consisits of labor by a qualified technician, Freon by the ounce into your a/c system, and trace dye to help us find any potential leak. You left with a a/c system blowing very cold air and poised, with the trace dye to identify the problem should the a/c fail to continue working properly, all for a very small, reasonable price that again was not questioned at the time of your approval of this course of action. As most people know, a/c systems in vehicles have many parts and do different things, any one, or all systems can and do fail. We also ask you bring your vehicle back in two to three weeks, or before if the a/c failed to continue to blow cold so we could recheck, again for no charge where the leak is. We welcome any questions and/or concerns from our customers concerning price of repair prior to any work being done as we never have, and never will move forward with any service or repair unless the customer fully understands what needs to be done and cost associated with it. Should you not understand any of this reply, please feel free to call me, or stop back by for more explanation as we take all customers concerns very seriously, especially where our practices have been questioned.

AK
Adam K.
Nissan Frontier
01/23/2016 Category: Service
Adam said his vehicle is still messed up and he will be taking it back.

BA
Bill A.
Georgetown, KY
12/24/2014 Category: Service
Bill said this visit took all day and the main service which brought the vehicle in for was not corrected. His check engine light came back on only a day after they replaced and reset the sensor.
Auto Tech C. from Auto Tech Service responded on 01/06/2015

Thank you for responding.  And we are very sorry to hear about the check engine light.  After reviewing the repair order I can offer a few reasons and options.  We were looking for a hard start in the morning below 30 degrees and check engine light on.  Unfortunately, We were unable to duplicate the hard start issue while the vehicle was here.  I notice you are from the next town over so identifying some issues after being driven and with a warm engine is sometimes difficult.  Also, I see in the notes that we recommended you return when you can leave the vehicle over night for first start up testing.  If you are able to do that, then maybe the issue can be found and resolved.  Secondly, we did find an oxygen sensor code and replaced one oxygen sensor. All of our testing is good for 30 days so we can certainly take a look at the check engine light again and see what code is now present in your system.  It could give us an indication of what the hard start on cold mornings could be.  I hope this helps with your concerns.  We look forward to hearing from you.

Curt W.
Versailles, KY
Chrysler Town
10/16/2014 Category: Service
Curt said this business did not fix his problem with his vehicle. It was a tricky thing to diagnose but he chose not to elaborate further on the issue with his vehicle.
Auto Tech C. from Auto Tech Service responded on 11/07/2014

Sorry to hear that the issue wasn't resolved on your first visit.  Researching your ticket, it appears there were no current codes in the system and the intermittent issue was not occurring at the time it was at our shop. So we were not able to isolate an exact issue.  We did offer maintenance suggestions due to age and mileage as a first step.  And I see where it was noted on your ticket to return if the problem persists or worsens.  Please contact us and we can certainly recheck your vehicle and see if we can pin point the issue.

GL
GUY L.
Jeep Patriot
10/08/2019
Seaworthy
I called in first thing Friday morning as I was traveling across country. I needed an oil change and a vibrating noise by my front driver wheel . They were busy and so my appointment was set for Monday as they are closed on the weekend. I dropped off for my 8am appt. was told by 10:30 it was my bearing and the oil change was done. 2 hour job with my bearing job. Dropped me off at home and called me at 2:30 it was ready ! I can go on my trip Wednesday.
Robert L., President from Auto Tech Service responded on 10/08/2019

Guy, we appreciate you giving us a chance to take care of the problem you mentioned others couldn't diagnose. From your description in your review, it sounds like you were happy with your overall experience at Auto Tech Service, maybe next time we can earn a "5" star review as 100's of our customers have given us here on Sure Critic. It's all about correctly diagnosing the problem, getting the repair done in a solid, as quick as possible way and giving you a great "customer experience"

ROBERT S.
12/21/2018
Robert Steffen
overall a good experience. I had to wait all day for them to get it in the shop to check it out. they explained and showed me on the car what needed to be done. Once i gave them the good ahead the job was done in a reasonable amount of time. After I picked it up and drove it the check engine light came on. I took it back in they had forgotten to connect something. they repaired the problem and didn't charge me for it.

Matthew B.
08/09/2018 Category: Service
Matthew said this business gave him a really high estimate for an a/c repair. However, he would still recommend them because the service he has gotten during previous visits was good.