Chrysler Sebring Sdn
04/19/2019
Bad service
Took in my car to get a diagnostics. My car was there for over a week, it kept on being pushed back on the list. I was a paying customer too, wasn't expecting to get done for free. When I would call in they would tell me the were busy, so I guess my car was as important. They never called me, I finally went to pick it up to take somewhere else and not even "I'm sorry for not getting to it" they were just cold and handed my keys.
JoAnne from Barney's Auto Service responded on 04/24/2019

We are sorry to hear that you felt this way after leaving our facility.  We take customer feedback seriously and tried reaching out to you via phone to speak about your concern and come to a resolution.  We work on vehicles in the order they came in and would never intentionally push back your repair request.  Please give us a call back at your earliest convenience so we can fina a resoution.  Thank you.

CD
Camilla D.
Boys Ranch, TX
Toyota Avalon
11/08/2017
Thanks so much
So grateful for you all. Such quick service and you do your best to accommodate me. Thanks so much

Ronnie W.
Buick Park Avenue
10/17/2017
Your receptionist was rude and seemed not to care if we left our vehicle or not.
We will not return to your establishment for any service due to the rudeness we were given in person and on the phone even though in the past we were completely happy with the services and reception we were given.

Don S.
08/22/2017
NOT HAPPY!! In
It took 3 days for an alignment and inspection. Even though we had an appointment.we had to call two times to ask when the car would be ready. We also asked the oil be changed. It was not done.

Tyler B.
09/05/2015
Unreliable information
I have gone there many many times, and this last time they definitely tried to screw me into spending $1300+ on service. Then I get a receipt for the service I did get done. Changing of my radiator cap and its was $130. Only $22 was for parts!!! Beware when going here!

DV
David V.
Dodge Neon
11/14/2014
didn't fix the problem
I took my car in to get the control arms fixed and not only did they not fix them but they fixed something we didn't want fixed and they said there was nothing wrong with the control arms. We took it back the next day because we were still having the same problem and they said the control arms needed to be replaced along with a handful of other things. We had already given them $900 to fix fix nothing and they wanted $1300 to maybe fix the car.

Melanie H.
10/29/2014
not good experience
After $2100. 00 and the 3 times at the shop in a couple of months, I gave up and traded my car. Wish I would have known they weren't going to be able to fix it before I spent the money or wasted my time!

LK
Leisa K.
09/15/2014
4 wheel alignment
My car vibrates real bad now and when I hit a bump something rubs I took it bk they said it was where it was wrecked but has never made that noise befor

Melanie H.
09/12/2014
not good experience
I spent almost $1500 to have my check engine light come back on in less than 10 hrs of driving. I put it back in and spent another 400 to have my check engine light come back on in less than 2 hrs of driving! I am not happy!!!

KP
Kerry P.
Chevrolet S10 Pickup
08/26/2014
AIR CONDITIONER SERVICE
I WAS NOT AWARE THAT YOU COULD NOT JUST REPLACE A COMPRESSOR AND CHARGE THE SYSTEM WITH FREON. I SHOULD HAVE BEEN NOTIFIED BEFORE I ALLOWED YOU TO CHARGE THE SYSTEM THAT IF YOU WORKED ON THE TRUCK IT WOULD BE A 1300 HUNDRED DOLLAR PLUS BILL. YOUR QUOTE OF OVER 1300 DOLLARS ON A 97 S-10 WAS NOT WHAT I WANTED. I KNEW THE SEALS WERE OUT OF THE COMPRESSOR AND IT WOULD NOT HOLD A CHARGE, JUST AS I HAD TOLD THE SERVICE COORDINATOR. IF THAT IS YOUR POLICY AS I WAS TOLD ON THE PHONE AFTER THE FACT, ONLY REPAIR WITH ALL THE EXTRA COMPONENTS, SO YOU GET A LIFETIME WARRANTY, I SHOULD HAVE BEEN NOTIFIED PRIOR TO ANY WORK OR CHARGES INCURRED. SO I PAID ALMOST SEVENTY DOLLARS FOR ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. THIS IS NOT ACCEPTABLE PRACTICE.

David D.
Hyundai Veloster
08/10/2014
not paying attention to details
was supposed to have 4 wheel alignment.but because they told me to come in and they didn't have the equipment ready it was a waste of my time.They didn't even have the courtesy to call me and tell me. they waited until i called to see if the car was ready to tell me. they also charged me for a tire rotation which should have been free after they wasted my time. they gave me the telephone number of a different place to go after this occurred,that place doesn't do the work. they never placed anything on my seat to protect it before the mechanic got in. Their attitude left me feeling that this was business as usual.

BD
Bradley D.
Ford Expedition
12/19/2013
My Car Want Fixed
In the span of a couple months I spent a couple thousand dollars to get my vehicles fixed. On my vehicle I said I wanted to find out what's wrong with the A/C. They called with a diagnosis and I agreed to pay it. Within a week it didn't work again. When I took it back in I'm now told it will cost another $1200! The fact that it was not diagnosed properly is not my mistake, it is yours. And I paid however much money to fix an air conditioner so out could last me a week? That's completely unacceptable to me. The fact that someone there failed to do their job properly, I should have had the repairs made at your cost or been reimbursed for the money you all stole from me when you didn't fix it in the first place!
Barney B. from Barney's Auto Service responded on 12/22/2013

To provide context to the situation, it should be noted that the customer brought two separate vehicles to Barney’s Auto Service with multiple items to be repaired. In the process of repairing those items, the A/C on the customer’s Ford vehicle was examined and diagnosed for further testing—a procedure that generally costs under $100 per incident as indicated and itemized on the customer work order receipts and explained verbally on three separate occasions and additionally via phone call follow up. This testing procedure (an ASE standardized marketplace procedure) involves injecting colored dye into the A/C system of the vehicle to further identify any area that may be leaking—as the idea here is to efficiently and effectively identify the actual cause of the issue potentially saving the customer thousands in the event the issue is merely a leaky ‘o-ring,’ hose, or other simple repair. Once the system evacuates the freon coolant and the dye, the customer will notice (as explained) the system blowing warm air in the A/C ‘on’ position—a normal part of the testing procedure. The testing procedure will also identify if major components of the A/C system have failed or are working improperly. During this testing procedure, the A/C system is charged and the dye is added, thus, if the system has a leak or breach the freon coolant and the dye are emanated leaving the dye residue behind at the point of the breach pinpointing any issue. The customer is informed to return to Barney’s Auto Service for further documentation of the testing procedure and diagnosis once the evacuation of the freon (system blowing warm) occurs. In the case of the Ford vehicle, under further diagnosis, it was found that the A/C system compressor and dryer, which are major components, had in fact failed, and are not repairable without replacement. Again, sometimes, the testing procedure indicates a simple fix, and sometimes, in the case of the Ford vehicle mentioned here, major component failure—but in either case it should further be noted that the customer to this point has not paid for an A/C complete repair, rather a testing diagnosis procedure that further indicated failure of major components which would need to be replaced for completed repair.  The total cost of a complete, thorough replacement of this A/C system would be $1200, which would include a lifetime warranty.

Barney B. from Barney's Auto Service responded on 12/22/2013

Barney’s Auto Service is built on the principles the Christian Faith and has been in business for over thirty years. It is our value system, as indicated by our customer and community reputation, to act in the best interest of any and all customers to the best of our abilities. We understand, recognize, and value how hard our customers work to earn every dollar, just as we take pride in working hard for our customers on every dollar we earn as well. We strive in all that we do to be responsible citizens installing only the best quality automobile parts, providing the utmost in quality service, and employing  only the highest quality technicians and staff. Our credo is ‘Barney’s Auto Service…Quality Parts, Quality Service, Quality People,’ and we stand by that 100%.

Kyle M.
01/25/2013
Too expensive
Professional but over priced its that simple. You can get just as good of work for cheaper in town.

Betty H.
02/14/2012 Category: Service
Betty said they were not worth a flip on her last visit. They called her and said her vehicle was ready but it would not start when she got there. The starter was out. They charged her $300 and charged her for labor twice. When she confronted them about it they removed one of the labor charges. She would not recommend this business for service for the reasons mentioned.