KR
Kevin R.
La Vergne, TN
11/03/2018
In complete work
Took my car to bennetts and seemed like a good place to take it the first few times.very expensive repairs there though.took it to have coils changed out it was a 380 dollar repair for 1coil or they would replace all for over 1100dols.needless to say I chose to have them changed as they went bad.i had 2 done there and after a third went out decided to YouTube it and do it myself found 4 coils on internet for 64 so they charged 110 for one coil.changed it out in 5 minutes.couldve had all 6 coils done on my own for under 100 dollars.when I got inside I saw where the bennetts mechanic tore up a lot of parts connecting wiring harnesses and my nut on top of shroud of the engine was missing.he taped a pia plug of a harness on my cowl top.a lot of things they don't expect a customer to see because you're not going in there to check that stuff.also my daughter took her car in for motor mount replacement and when they fixed it left a bolt out of the new motor mount.also left a wiring harness loose on another repair they did on mine.overpriced and bad work.they tear your car up making repairs and you will never see it unless you decide to work on it yourself so beware!!!

JAY L.
09/19/2018
Poor Diagnosis,
I brought my truck to Bennett Automotive, I told them I thought it was the transmission. Well I was told that they weren't sure exactly the issue but told I need a transmission and transfer case. I asked way the transfer case and I was told that it would save on labor to do both at the same time if it was bad. This shop is more of a parts changing shop than a proper diagnosis shop. I guess if you change out all parts even if some not an issue than you bound to fix the problem. The only issue is the customer could pay thousands of dollars that isn't needed. The total would be 7900.00 dollars. So I took my truck a transmission shop for a second opinion and wow under 3000.00 with a 24 month warranty. Also Bennett charged me 260.00 for the misdiagnosis. I won't be going back and I will spread my experience to hopefully save someone else from wasting their money.

Jay Leonard

Danny G.
12/05/2017
Don’t use these crooks
I took my car in for a starter replacement. They did put a remanufactered starter on put when I was washing my car I noticed a bolt was left off , laying by wipers . I took it back and they acted like I was lying . A mechanic came out and put a bolt in . Never said they were sorry or any care of inconvenience at all . They were way over price of the dealer but they were convenient so I used them . They lost my trust . Stay away from these shotty crooks !!

JEFF W.
10/04/2017
I thought I found a distant place to get my current work time but I don't like to be baited and switched
I don't like to be charged double for what an oil change I went in for a synthetic blend I got charge for a full synthetic almost $75 for an oil change I won't be back

PA
Peter A.
Sioux Center, IA
05/07/2016 Category: Service
Peter said he got the air conditioner repaired at the business, and it is leaking again. He has had good experiences in the past so he would still recommend them.

TIM B.
12/12/2015
I wouldn't take my vehicle to this place they will rip you off
They put used parts on charge me full price

NM
NATHAN M.
Ford Expedition
10/01/2015
I've never been there.....I've told you many times
Again I tell you i do not------ live in Tn.

AC
Abby C.
09/17/2015
Frustrated
I took my car to Bennett's after it was making funny noises. $832 dollars later, it was still making the same noises, and additional noises because the lug-nuts were not put back on. I was told later that I should never drive with the lug-nuts off, and that my safety was in danger! Although the mechanics were friendly, I drive an average of about 4 hours a day for work and just want to be able to trust that my car is working right.

IT
inmon t.
La Vergne, TN
GMC Sierra
07/07/2015
wanted $630. to install air bag sensor.
ordered on ebay. fixed it for $75.65 myself
Jim B. from Bennett's Automotive responded on 07/08/2015

Thanks Inmon ,good to hear our diagnosis corrected your problem.Sorry  that we cannot use ebay parts,but by using locally sourced quality parts from suppliers that we have developed relationships with we are able to provide 24 month 24000 mile nationwide warranty and enroll each custmer in a road assistance program.Thanks again for your business.

Jody B.
Chevrolet Aveo
05/19/2015 Category: Service
Jody said she is beyond mad because she paid to have a diagnostic done to her vehicle. When she picked up her vehicle, she drove off and her vehicle stopped. When she called back to tell them, they told her the battery was weak. They told her the throttle is bad and her vehicle would not go over ten miles an hour and they told her that they knew all of this. She does not understand why they did not tell her any of this when she picked up her vehicle. She will never recommend this facility to anyone.
Jim B. from Bennett's Automotive responded on 05/27/2015

We reached out to Jody about her issues and it appears to be some type  of communication problem with interviewer.Jody said problem was not with our diagnosis but with different shop that installed battery and throttle body

MJ
michelle j.
Nissan Pathfinder
01/28/2013
Price charged a LOT higher than price quoted
When Mr. Bennett's Automotive called my husband and quoted the price we felt like it was a bit high but we had to have our car fixed so we agreed to the price. When we got there to pick up the car up it was TWICE the quoted amount. When my husband said he was quoted a totally different amount over the phone Mr. Bennett's Automotive shrugged and said "That's not what I told you". We were over a barrel and he knew it so we had no choice but to pay the outrageous amount because we did not get a quote in writing. Believe me when I tell you it was a lesson learned, we will be getting quotes in writing on EVERYTHING from now on. Also, we will NEVER NEVER NEVER use this place again and will tell everyone we know to steer clear of them.

DO
Don O.
11/07/2011 Category: Service
Don said this business repaired his vehicle and it broke down on the side of the road. He took it to a Dodge business and they repaired it for $2,000 and he lost $600 in wages dealing with the repair from the Dodge business. This business used aftermarket parts that were not compatible with his vehicle.