La Vergne, TN
Ford Escort
11/04/2018
Competent but overpriced
I've had a few repairs done at Bennett before my latest visit and always felt that they treated me fairly. Not so this time around. As usual their competent technician diagnosed the problem on my vehicle properly. But then came the repair estimate. I had to pull my car out of their shop and take it to a reputable competitor to get it fixed. Instead of over $600, the repair cost me around $300. I understand that the shops charge a little extra for the parts but Bennett tried to bill me over $60 for a thermostat which costs $6 in the store. That is unreasonable and greedy.

BJ
Bruce J.
Christiana, TN
Nissan Murano
08/02/2018 Category: Service
Bruce said he took his vehicle in to this facility to get it fixed. His vehicle is still having some problems but it is not as bad as it originally was.

Donnel S.
Saturn VUE
07/11/2018 Category: Service
Donnel said he took his vehicle in because it was making a ticking sound. He ended up paying $400 for 2 $15 gaskets, and to get his air charged up, but they didn't solve the problem he came in for. They told him they don't know what is making the ticking sound. For this reason, he would not recommend the business, and will probably not go back.

RP
Rick P.
Suzuki SX4
12/04/2017 Category: Service
Rick said the service was average.

PG
Paul G.
La Vergne, TN
Chevrolet Avalanche
07/11/2017 Category: Service
Paul said the business is too expensive for the service they provide.

DEB M.
Murfreesboro, TN
Hyundai Tucson
12/19/2016
I like the family business but
My cars belts have squealed ever since replaced took it back but isn't any better. It'seems very awkward I don'the like driving it anymore. I don't want to go back a 3rd time it takes all day they are busy

KELSY B.
Murfreesboro, TN
Nissan Sentra
08/26/2016
A Little Didsappointed. But it may be just me.
This review is definitely biased, I understand we all have to make a living, I'm just a little frustrated. My wife took in her 2003 Nissan Sentra for diagnostics... Just to SEE what was wrong with it... My hope was to SEE the problem and fix it myself. We got a call saying the fuel pump kit was bad because the temperature sensor in it was failing. They said they would replace the fuel pump... Once they received everything, they found out the sensor was not in the pump at all... All they really needed to do was replace that sensor. Replacing that sensor was something I could have easily done. Which was what the initial diagnosis was supposed to tell me. But, I ended up having to pay the full amount for labor anyway. I would like an explanation, or a partial refund or something... Because those I have talked to say that doesn't seem fair. (And again, this is probably biased due to us being in a rough part of our lives right now) God Bless

NV
NATHAN V.
Toyota Camry Solara
04/27/2016
Great Service, seems expensive
Definitely top notch work and top notch people. Everything was done at lightning speed. Just seemed like the price was a little steep. But i'm also fairly poor so it might not be a problem for some of you folks who actually have $$

MARY C.
Mitsubishi Galant
01/22/2016
Undecided
Was thankful they found the issue with my car and was able to fix it. However disappointed they never even looked at my seat belt that was on the work order.

GR
Gopineth R.
TN
Pontiac Grand Prix
12/22/2012 Category: Service
Gopineth said the price was too high and had to bring his vehicle back because the unspecified issue was not corrected the first time. The vehicle is performing fine at this time.

MA
Mike A.
12/05/2011 Category: Service
Mike said he paid this business $80 for a scam. He wanted to know about the computer specifically in his vehicle because that is what he was told was broken in his vehicle. He asked this business if he got a computer from a scrap yard if it would need to be reprogrammed or if he would have to purchase a new one for his vehicle but he never got that information. He said someone did end up trying to get a hold of him but he didn't have the time and he had already sold his vehicle because he couldn't fix it without the information. He wanted to know if it was a 220 or 110 and he is a electrician and did his job but they weren't doing theirs and he figured that out himself. He said a refund would be great from this business since they didn't tell him anything AutoZone couldn't have told him.
Jim B. from Bennett's Automotive responded on 12/06/2011
Mr. A. was told there would be a diagnostic charge before he brought in his vehicle,the diagnostic steps were followed and determined that the engine control unit was bad along with other codes,An estimate was presented and an explanation that other problems existed which would require further diagnosis after a correctly operating ECU was installed.The customer called back wanting to install a salvage part but we donot have the information available to tell us if once a Saturn ECU is programmed for one car if it can be changed to another,some cars can some cannot.Mr A recieved the work he paid for,if Mr. would accept a $80 credit towards future repairs I would be glad to do that.