BMW of San Francisco

4.6

David P.
02/25/2020
Don’t buy from this dealership!
Don’t buy from this dealership. Bought a fully loaded $50k 2019 BMW 330i. The sales person, Mico Silver indicated the vehicle had wireless phone charging installed. After I purchased the vehicle, the vehicle did not have wireless charging installed as an option. After I contacted the general manager, Stefan Aubertin they were unwilling to provide a BMW wireless charging accessory ($195) to make me whole. If they can’t stand behind their sales process, don’t trust them with servicing your car or dealing with issues after the sale

TC
T C.
Pacifica, CA
11/19/2019
Poor warranty support
The very young service adviser quickly blamed my cars breakdown on it being "modified". The car came from the largest BMW dealership in the USA with a warrantied Dinan upgrade and nothing else. They refused to support the broken half shaft and ultimately Dinan picked up the tab, even though the car was still under warranty from BMW.

I wouldn't recommend this location to anyone. Their service department has some incredibly rude staff that make wild accusations. Peter Pan down the penninsula treated me professionally and with respect.

Austin S.
American Canyon, CA
11/01/2019
Does not follow through
Purchased a BMW from them 02/07/2018.
Also traded in a vehicle. Now on 10/04/19 I was notified by my bank that a levy fee of $296 + $150 bank fee was taken by DMV’s registration collections. I looked up my records for the trade in, confirmed my Registration was paid and current at the time of sale, next registration was not due until 07/24/18. As my other purchases from dealerships, I was assured they would take care of all paperwork. Obviously they did not and the transfer/release of liability form was not submitted. While this screw up/ amount of money will not cause me any harm, I contacted them to give them the opportunity to do the right thing and was ignored.

JIN S.
03/21/2018 Category: Service
I expected more
I came in and asked to take care of
wheel polish
service light
quotes for some parts
car wash

making the first visit i was excited to build a relationship. But overall, it is pretty clear that wasnt the case from sf bmw service. There were no follow up emails, quotes were delayed, service check is still on, mt black car was washed dirty. best part of the whole experience was that there wasnt much waits and drop off service was great. I do still want to work with better guy and start building relationship. amongst stevenscreek peterpan and sf, this was by far the most disappointing customer care. sf bmw service needs to train their people better

AP
ALEX P.
03/18/2018 Category: Service
Lousy and pour service. BMW SF cannot change oil properly. No comments/apologies from management. Shame!
I've been customer not for a long time. But it is enough for me to understand how BMW San Francisco treats their customers. This is the worst place to bring your BMW for service. I've been dealing with very lousy and pour service not for the first time. That was another example.
Shortly after oil change at BMW San Francisco I noticed an oil leakage under the car. The car sat in the garage and was not driven at all. I looked underneath and spotted a mechanic clamp right where the small plastic hatch was for draining oil. The clamp held hatch opened widely allowing oil to leak. Such a pour service! Who would think that mechanic at BMW dealership could forget to get this simple job done properly.
I started doubting whether the oil was changed at all. Because the color of the dripped oil was way too dark for being a new oil.
I emailed immediately to service advisor also cc-ing service director. However, there was no a single reply email/phone call from higher office apologizing for such pour experience. Looks like it is a common thing that happens daily at BMW San Francisco. Nothing but SHAME!

The car was picked up. Service advisor called me later and shared that that was a residual oil dripping a bit. However, the service invoice was "slightly" modified stating that the drain plug cracked from overtorque (plastic drain plug). I didn't know the BMW installs plastic drain plugs.

JJ
JUSTINE J.
California
03/18/2018 Category: Service
Kept Car All Day and Issue Wasn’t Fixed!
The engine ligth came on two weeks before my lease was up. Service urged me to bring it in and then recommended I get a full service while they check out the problem. Left the car with them all day, picked it up and was assured yet was only a software issue. The next morning, I drove the car to work and the engine light immediately came on again. Not the service I expect from BMW - whose cars I’ve drven for decades now.

ZL
ZHUO JUN L.
Oakland, CA
03/10/2018 Category: Service
Sh*tty Unreliable Service from Winston (Wilson)
Winston our mechanic told us that a mouse had "chewed through some wires" and that "there was a nest in there" when asked for pictures or to see the nest, he did everything in his absolute power to try to distract us or avoid showing us the picture. Even after multiple attempts to ask for the pictures, he eventually said he would show it to us. We still havn't gotten it. If we're going to be charged $980 for a simple wire replacement, we deserve at least a proper diagnostics or something that at least sounds more realistic than a mouse crawling into our engine, building a nest, then chewing some wires. Shows us a god damned photo.
He was also extremely rude when we brought up the free airbag replacement, yelling that we should had brought it up earlier and other excuses only to try to chase us away by telling us the car was done and not wanting to discuss it further. If you call this customer service, I pity you. I will definitely be going to the one in Berkeley from now on.

PF
PAMELA F.
BMW i3
Poor communication
We took our i3 in on Feb 23 because windshield wipers weren’t working and the dealer had it until March 7th. During this time we had to call them to get updates on when we would get the car back.

The most disappointing behavior was Vincent V. claiming “my message must not have gone through to let you know the car was ready.” In this age of caller ID- Vincent NEVER called on March 6 to notify us the car was ready. Would rather he be honest and own up to his lapse of follow up.

We never got a clear explanation why it took almost 2 weeks to replace the windshield wiper motor.

PC
PEINA C.
San Lorenzo, CA
03/10/2018 Category: Service
Parts left in car. Mechanic was rude.
After the service on my car was "done" I noticed that there was parts left in the car the back cover was still open and everything was a mess. The mechanic who did the service was rude and disrespectful. I have 2 BMWs and I go in for service regularly. Out of all the times I been there, this is one of the worst trips. This is unacceptable and that mechanic should be fired, when I walk in for service, I expect better from BMW.

PC
PAUL C.
Daly City, CA
03/08/2018 Category: Service
They scratched my car.
Should be more careful with customers car.

JUSTIN ALEXANDER P.
03/07/2018 Category: Service
Broke more than they fixed, damaged car
I brought the car in to fix a LED in the dash. They put a 2 inch chip in the door paint, broke the heads up display and scratched the leather dash. It's going back in tomorrow to hopefully get resolved. I'm really disappointed by the attention to detail and quality of work at BMW SF. This was a $50k CPO car and it's been in at least 5 times in 9 months for issues that should have been resolved prior to purchase.

JOHN F.
03/07/2018 Category: Service
frustrating
condescending advisor& didn't meet expectation& damaged my car

SE
SHAUN E.
Fremont, CA
02/27/2018 Category: Sales
Bad Purchasing Experience
Lets start this review with how it all started. I called the dealership after viewing a car they had posted online. I asked the gentlemen some questions throughout the week. I also told the sales associate that I am 1 1/2 hours away from their location, so for me to check out the vehicle i want to make sure i can close the deal over the phone. I told the gentlemen to please check the car for any dents chips or any major damage to the vehicle. He told me the vehicle is in perfect condition. He even did a second walk through to make sure it was perfect. I was ecstatic. I drove up with my wife and as soon as we arrive i wanted to see the car and viola there are two dents with rust residue on top of the trunk. Directly visible to anyone. I tell the dealer that i am going to walk with these two dents visible. I felt lied to and taken advantage of. The sales manager didn't take me seriously, so i showed him the text messages and proved what his employee had said to me. In turn he said if you buy this car i will fix this. i said ok done.

Fastfowarding....
A couple of days later I drive 1 1/2hrs to pick up the car after the repairs. The same gentlemen said they would "Detail" the vehicle prior giving the car back to me. It turns out they just washed the car. The definition of a Detail and a Car Wash are distinctively different. Again i spoke to the sales manager and he then stated that it was detailed when they received the car. They received the car 84 days ago prior selling it to me. To me I think it should be detailed again since it being outside in SF. They still refused. At this point I'm tired of getting into disagreements. i just want to get the car and go home. As I checked out the trunk it was fixed, but now i notice the weather stripping hanging off and the inside door panel detached. I thought this car was Detailed? this should have been fixed. Right?
regardless the dealer said they would fix it right away. I waited 2 hours to get it fixed. To compensate me the dealer said he would give me two free keychains. The manager hands me a due bill and he says choose two key chains and hand it to the parts department. Well of course 1 of the ones i choose is not in stock. The gentlemen behind the counter states he can mail it to me next day air. I tell him "Okay." So a couple days go by and no package. I checked the tracking number on USPS, it states the label has been processed.Thats It! The parts dept never packaged nor sent the item. I call and the representative on the phone says wait another day the website may have just not been updated. I say to myself, as an IT guy, "Liar." So i wait a day and the system says the same thing. I call the dealership again and the representative says I'm sorry i don't know what happened and he will send one right away. He looked at my address and email and told me he will send me the package as soon as possible and send me the tracking number. I checked my email 4 hours later still no email.

I hope they stop lying to their customers.

RON B.
Millbrae, CA
02/27/2018 Category: Service
I spent $1000 on tires/alignment/oil change. In the process your service people broke my headlight washer cover and did not properly fix it.

SANTI S.
Newark, CA
02/27/2018 Category: Sales
Running credit check without authorization
I dont understand your protocol why your dealership needs to run the buyers credit history and submit it to at least 5 different financing institution if you already know from the beginning that the buyer will not going to finance the car to you or any of your affiliates.