BMW of San Francisco

Latest Review over 1 year ago

LQ
LEO Q.
03/20/2018 Category: Service
Problem reported twice not duplicated or fixed.
The last two appointments included a problem with squeaking brakes. The first time the mechanic could not duplicate the squeak, which is very frequent. That problem repeated the same way right after the service. The problem got worse over the next two month so I took the car back for service and again was told the problem could not be duplicated. The brake squeak happened again as I was leaving the dealership. I don't think the mechanic put any time and effort into driving the car to hear the squeak - it happens very, very frequently.

I was also told that a brake squeak is common which is remarkably disappointing to hear that BMW would condone poor quality like this. My lease is coming up in a few months and I planned to lease a new BMW but am now considering buying another make of car.

In spite of this problem the service agent was very helpful.

Leo Quilici

SUSAN H.
03/18/2018 Category: Service
Extremely costly service (over $4k) and charged for diagnostics for door lock issue when I decided not to pay for $1000 to fix door lock
First want to say that Chris, my advisor, was very nice. However I was really shocked at some of the prices - $160 for a door diagnostic and then a quote to repair at $1000???? Talk about sticker shock. And then charged for the diagnostic when I decided that $1000 for a door lock repair was outrageous I was still charged for the diagnostic.

And then, after paying $4357 dollars for my service, the car wash wasn't even great - I would have expected a full detail for what I paid. Really disappointed.

VG
VIVEK G.
BMW M3
03/16/2018 Category: Service
Gave the car for an oil change and noticed the EGR hose was disconnected once I popped the hood a couple of days later.

Also got an obnoxious quote on changing the low beam light. Got a quote that was 1/4 the price at another workshop.

JENNIFER C.
Oklahoma City, OK
03/11/2018 Category: Sales
Poor Follow Up After Purchase
Dahl has been great! However, we’ve been waiting for over one week - despite multiple requests for an update- and still have received no ETA for the vehicle we purchased on March 7.

FW

GREGORY J.
BMW M2
03/06/2018 Category: Service
$250 to read a check engine light and re-plug a muffler valve sensor in
I have a 2017 BMW M2 and the check engine light came on due to the muffler valve sensor bot being plugged in. I understand the labor costs related for the diagnostic but what I can't understand or just feel plain robbed is the extra $50 - $60 charge to plug back a muffler valve wire back in...not replace it or re-run it because it was broke but to re-plug it in....If I had a way to diagnose and clear the check engine light I surely would especially since the light came on because of the muffler exhaust flap valve caused it to illuminate. Lesson learned the hard way I guess, wow the BMW bumper to bumper worry free coverage isnt so worry free and is down right maddening.

OT
ORKUN T.
San Carlos, CA
BMW X5 eDrive
02/27/2018 Category: Sales
Poor communication and disrespectful behavior
My sales manager was disrespectful and unprofessional. I am disappointed and will never go there or recommend anybody buy a car there.

CHARLES W.
02/24/2018 Category: Service
Charge for battery installation labor was more than battery itself? You are crooks
I made an appointment this week because there was an indicator on the panel which showed a square box with a fluid level low.
I did not know what this indicator meant and went to BMW thinking it was a low battery. The cost of the battery was $195 and'was
less than an hour of labor. Total charge for visit was $470.00! This is extortion and reflects poor management and service.
The cost of a new battery at the local Chevron station in Pacific Heights was $195 for the battery and $ 25 for installation!

JIN C.
02/20/2018 Category: Service
Poor service
Ryan is great, but After sale customer service needs a improvement, would it recommend to any of my friend

AG
ANDREW G.
02/10/2018 Category: Service
Too expensive
I had my car towed here in the evening after my car would not start, wouldn’t even turn over. In the morning, a very nice service representative (Henry) called me to let me know they could diagnose my car for $80, which I found very reasonable. He called me that evening to let me know that they had diagnosed the issues, the EWS had failed, and that it would cost around $1900 to fix. I asked if the expense was primarily the parts or the labor. Henry told me the expense was mostly the part, which cost $1200. I asked Henry if he could follow up with the technician and double check the issue was not the key. I got off the phone and called some independent shops in the area. The first shop to call me back quote me $450. The cost of the part from that shop was $120. I cannot stress enough how nice and professional Henry was. However, the prices were insulting.

ZH
ZHANG H.
01/26/2018 Category: Service
Stealership.
Came in for recall but out with even more problems! Now that's a stealership that i went to. Their customer service is great, but when it comes to parts of your car not working, it is not their fault. Before bringing my car in, everything worked perfectly. Now they say if it's our fault from recall then no charge. Well obvious it is your fault, how is it that my side mirrors won't tilt up and down?

TF
TAMI F.
BMW Z4
01/25/2018 Category: Service
Bad communication
I was never told that at the end of my visit I should just go to any individual and pay my bill and the guy will come with my keys. They only kept in touch through text messaging and my text message said “ car is done in car wash, $50 thank you! But never told me where to pay and the guy that helped me kept walking past me and saw me sitting in waiting room. Had a puncture in my tire, had scheduled appt. for 7:30am and was there till 1:15pm. Ridiculous! Communication sucks!

PV
PETER V.
BMW M3
01/24/2018 Category: Service
Text meant for someone else
Got a text message to pick up my car. I left work early to come in, but it wasn't ready. Turns out the text message was meant for someone else.

DILIP S.
San Mateo, CA
BMW i3
01/19/2018 Category: Sales
Second time lease woes
I had requested my lease return paperwork but I haven't received it yet after writing to you several times. I needed the breakdown of the charges on my SafeLease. The last time I leased the car I received white glove service. I feel this time around the service was not so great.

LG
LILI G.
01/04/2018 Category: Service
Not impressed with service advisor
This was the second time I brought my vehicle into BMW of San Francisco. The first service adviser was fantastic - took time with me, helped me with a loaner car and other questions and I really felt taken care of by him. But this time, I felt that like the service adviser really didn't care too much about helping me. He did the bare minimum that was required - did not go above or beyond. His demeanor was very bland as if he was just looking forward to getting this over with - at least that was the impression I was left with. One example: I have some scratches on my bumper and when I first arrived, I asked him what could be done. He said he would check with someone on it but thought touch up paint may be an option. When I came to pick up the car, he didn't follow up with me on it until I asked about it again and then he waved me in the general direction of the parts department and told me to go over there to deal with it. That's not the kind of service I expect from a BMW. This is a luxury product so there should be a luxury service to go along with it. I was disappointing with the service this time around. Thank you.

TIMOTHY M.
12/30/2017 Category: Service
Attitude, delays, incompetence
I really want to love this dealership, but can't. The vibe in there is like the customer is a nuisance that must be tolerated.

YK
YOMEI K.
12/28/2017 Category: Service
Long wait times
I had to wait over 30 min for my drop-off and pickup. Unacceptable. If I had an appointment at a specific time I think the acceptable wait time is 10 min.

DV
DAN V.
12/23/2017 Category: Service
Unorganized
I waited for over an hour for a loner car even though I had made an appt specifying a car was needed.

TV
TONY V.
California
12/22/2017 Category: Service
Service guys tracked dirt inside my car
Someone with really dirty shoes tracked dirt all over the front driver and passenger sides.

FV
FRANCISCO V.
Mill Valley, CA
12/21/2017 Category: Service
No information and too long to fix.
Communication from the service team was lacking and took way too long to fix what should’ve been a couple of days max. Vague excuses also don’t go over well after a few days of no tangible information or progress. I don’t think my expectations are too high but they were certainly not met.