4.5

Overall Rating 3.8/5Overall Rating 3.8/5Overall Rating 3.8/5Overall Rating 3.8/5Overall Rating 3.8/5

Bowie, MD
2018 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport
01/22/2020 Category: Service
Going worse
This place sounds like they only want Ford (not Hyundai). They can't keep their promises and don't seem to care about keeping customers.
STEPHEN K. from Bob Bell Hyundai responded on 01/22/2020

We will be contacting you to address your concerns.

Billy S.
Arnold, MD
2016 Hyundai Veloster
10/25/2019 Category: Service
Normally excellent service. This time not.
Always take my cars there for their routine service and normally everything is great, awesome quick service. This time it appears something was not fully checked after my oil change, due to my car leaking oil.
STEPHEN K. from Bob Bell Hyundai responded on 10/28/2019

We apologize that you did not have a 5 star visit.
Our quick lane manager will be contacting you to discuss your concerns.

KK
Kristyn K.
2013 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport
08/06/2019 Category: Service
Worst Service
Service is very inconsistent and negligent. I would strongly recommend going to another dealership for service! I would give less than 1 star based on my experience this week.
STEPHEN K. from Bob Bell Hyundai responded on 08/07/2019

We apologize that your visit was not a 5 star experience.
Our Quick lane manager will be in touch with you to address your concerns and comments.

BE
Bonnie E.
Arnold, MD
2007 Hyundai Entourage
06/17/2019 Category: Service
Quick Lane Service
Thanks for explaining the service and taking care of my concerns from my previous visit. Pleasure to work with Bill. Much appreciated !

06/17/2019 Category: Service
Poor Service
Poor Service performed
Jessica W. from Bob Bell Hyundai responded on 06/17/2019

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about you visit. I will have to
quick lane manager call you to resolve this issue  immediately.

Jessica Whelan

04/20/2019 Category: Service
Horrible customer service
Will never buy another Hyundai
STEPHEN K. from Bob Bell Hyundai responded on 04/22/2019

We Towed the vehicle to the dealership  for free.
We Replaced the tire with a bubble , that was clearly damaged from hitting a pothole or something and should have not been covered for free.
Rim of the car was damaged showing evidence of hitting something. Customer refused to listen to any explanation.
Customer paid 0 out of pocket expense.
We are sorry that you feel this was a 1 star experience.

Dawn S.
Glen Burnie, MD
04/16/2019 Category: Service
Rescore
I am having the same problem. I am not sure why the service person doesn't understand the problem is with pairing my phone to the car. It is that the other people I talk to cant hear me, the phone breaks up, they can only hear about every other word. I explained that when I was there also.

04/16/2019 Category: Service
Not happy
The problem with the Bluetooth wasn't fixed.
STEPHEN K. from Bob Bell Hyundai responded on 04/16/2019

We apologize that you did not have a 5 star experience on your last visit.
We will be happy to have one of our technicians pair your phone wile you are in the vehicle with them.
Please feel free to contact me if this is something you would like to do.  Steve Kopchinski Service MGR.

Laurel B.
Brooklyn Park, MD
03/29/2019 Category: Service
No comment
See email previously sent
STEPHEN K. from Bob Bell Hyundai responded on 04/01/2019

I am not sure what else we could have done.
You personally  picked out the parts that were installed.
After you said that was not the part you wanted we refunded your money and left the new parts installed on your vehicle.
I am not sure how this was a 1 star experience but we do apologize.

Joseph T.
Glen Burnie, MD
2011 Hyundai Tucson
03/25/2019 Category: Service
Horrible Service
Avoid this place at all expense.
STEPHEN K. from Bob Bell Hyundai responded on 03/25/2019

We apologize for any communication breakdown that may have occurred during your visit..
Based on our diagnostic findings you have two major issues.
1. you have a after market fuel pump in the vehicle with the o ring  leaking creating a vacuum and fuel leak.
2. You have several codes present in your transmission showing failure is eminent. P0741, P0731, P0743, P0748.
Recommendations for trans lines were presented.
We did not feel a radiator was necessary.
We would not and do not perform any unnecessary repairs.
We hope you will  give us another opportunity to give you a 5 star experience.

02/01/2019 Category: Service
Very accurate and friendly
The two gentlemen, Glen and Jerry were there to help me with the concerns I was having with my vehicle. They took their time in diagnosing my car to ensure the problem was resolved. I greatly appreciate Steve who had also taken time out of his day to personally greet me and make sure I was taken care of as well as my car.

02/01/2019 Category: Service
Needs improvement
It took two visits to diagnose the problem, and was finally fixed on the third visit.
STEPHEN K. from Bob Bell Hyundai responded on 02/04/2019

Thank you for taking the time to speak with me today.
I do realize your time is very valuable and again would like to apologize for the time it took to diagnosis and repair your vehicle.
I look forward to meeting you in person on your next visit.

Steve Kopchinski Service MGR.

2012 Hyundai Tucson
01/06/2019 Category: Service
Worst experience
Worst experience. I would never recommend this place for service.
STEPHEN K. from Bob Bell Hyundai responded on 01/07/2019

We apologize that you did not have a 5 star experience.
I will be contacting you regarding this survey.

Steve Kopchinski Hyundai Service MGR.

Lisa M.
Baltimore, MD
12/31/2018 Category: Service
Great Customer Service
I took my vehicle back to Bob Bell Hyundai after having a bad experience with the Service department. I was treated with courtesy and respect and my concerns were taken to heart. I will have to see if the adjustments solve the problem but just knowing that you are being heard and taken seriously makes such a big difference.

12/31/2018 Category: Service
Terrible Service
If I could give it a zero, I would. I left with the same issues I came with. The mechanic claimed not to be able to duplicate any of my complaints, yet an outside Mechanic I know test drove it and picked up on everything I said. My vehicle is only 6 months old and the idle is rough and loud.
STEPHEN K. from Bob Bell Hyundai responded on 01/02/2019

We apologize that your visit was less than a 5 star experience.
The technician made every attempt to recreate the issue you were experiencing but was unsuccessful .
If you are still experiencing the issue I would be happy to ride along with you so that we might be able to try and pinpoint the problem.
Steve Kopchinski Service MGR.

EL
Elizabeth L.
2014 Hyundai Santa Fe S
12/18/2018 Category: Service
0/5 stars would be most accurate
ZERO out of 5 stars. Interesting that my original review was simply the number ZERO yet the response from Bob Bell Hyundai was very detailed, indicating the manager was aware of my complaints. It is unacceptable that he failed to return the messages I left over a period of 2 weeks. Had he tried to resolve my concerns or explain the politics that exist at this dealership, I would have been pacified. I was without my 2014 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport, purchased brand new from Bob Bell Hyundai, for nearly 2 months, not long after paying them almost $600 for my 60k mile service. During that time, I went through 3 rental cars from their ON-SITE loaner car service as was arranged by Bob Bell Hyundai. The vehicles had multiple issues, but at least their manager was willing to speak with me and attempted to resolve the problems. I had better communication from my assigned case manager at corporate Hyundai, located over 3,000 miles away in California, calling me from Pacific Standard Time zone than I did from this dealer 10 miles down the street. Let that sink in and you'll understand why I will NEVER buy from a Bob Bell dealership again. I've been driving Hyundai since I got my license over 20 years ago, and will continue to drive Hyundai after the excellent service I received from the corporate office. However, I will not give another dollar to Bob Bell in the future.

12/18/2018 Category: Service
STEPHEN K. from Bob Bell Hyundai responded on 12/18/2018

Unfortunately the engine that was needed for the repair was on back order from Hyundai .
We had no control over the rental car that was provided as that was handled and provided by a 3rd party company.
The tech working on the vehicle worked late to finish the repair so the customer could get back in her car asap.
The vehicle was completed, washed and delivered within 48 hrs of the parts showing up. Sorry your visit was not a 5 star experience .

Stephanie C.
Washington, DC
10/10/2018 Category: Service
Customer service for me was not good
Everything was wrong on that day then to be told I had to reschedule. Due to being late. And getting loss .
STEPHEN K. from Bob Bell Hyundai responded on 10/10/2018

We apologize that your visit was less than a great experience.
We strive for excellence and 5 star reviews.

CF
Charles F.
Delmar, MD
2014 Hyundai Azera
10/01/2018 Category: Service
Bad service
They try to make it seem like it's my fault. The tires weren't that bad to make my car shake the way it was shaking. I think something isn't right here. They want me to give them a better review but I told them that I was selling the car the next day which I did. I'm so glad that I did customer service is lacking. Only way to get a reaction is to give a bad review.

10/01/2018 Category: Service
Bad service
Bad service front end shook after you worked on it. Had no vibration before.
STEPHEN K. from Bob Bell Hyundai responded on 10/02/2018

We apologize that your visit was less than a 5 star experience.
We do not balance tires unless the customer request that service. Your tires needed replacing and after your request to just rotate them you most likely had a rear one out of balance that was moved to the front.
We hope you will return and give us another opportunity to do a better job for you.

Karen B.
Sparrows Point, MD
09/14/2018
Does nothing for you
got my used car from Bob Bell on Ritchie Highway end of April paid cash for it!!!! kept telling them something's wrong with the brakes in the back took it back twice they test drive it said nothing's wrong took it back cuz the front bumper on the side of it was loose they try glue on it? took it back again and finally it got fixed the right way! Okay I only had the car for 4 months my radio works I can hear it but I have no screen it's all black can't use my backup camera can't use nothing nothing on my screen it's black take it back they say it's over 36,000 miles... it had 37,000 miles when I purchased it so now they want me to pay $1,350 and proceeded to give me a paper because they checked my tires and my brakes my front tires are worn in the middle and my back brakes are in the red!!? imagine that!!!!! after taking it back twice and they tell me nothing was wrong with it when I purchased it they got cash for this damn car I think that you owe me breaks a front tire and a new screen this is ridiculous I will never ever go to a Bob Bell ever again!!!!! beware!!!!!!!???
STEPHEN K. from Bob Bell Hyundai responded on 09/17/2018

We apologize that your visit was less than a great experience.
After reviewing your repair orders it looks like like the concerns you had were address.
You will be receiving a call from our used car manager sometime today to follow up on any other issues you might be having.