4.5

Overall Rating 3.8125/5Overall Rating 3.8125/5Overall Rating 3.8125/5rating 3.8125rating 3.8125
Overall Rating 1.875/5rating 1.875rating 1.875rating 1.875rating 1.875

WP
William P.
Millersville, MD
2015 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport
12/06/2019 Category: Service
4 1/2 years of excellent service
The service is quick, thorough and painless. Never hassled or given any hard sell.

SP
Stephen P.
Hanover, MD
07/16/2019
Amazing employees, rude manager without volume control
The employees taking care of me did just that going above and beyond. Yes, my car was wrecked by staffing after being brought in for a safety recall, but they are taking care of it after being accused of a lier by the manager. When I brought my car in for repair, the sweet employee in the front asked the manager if I was getting a rental or not. The manager went into a rant throwing cuss words. Altogether, this is a great company but watch out for the service manager.

CJ
Cavin J.
Annapolis, MD
2009 Hyundai Genesis
09/30/2016 Category: Service
Inept and incompetent... run away!
Brought my car in for a steering wheel service bulletin repair and 60,000 mile check and instead was informed of a leak at the coolant tank. All told, the repair of my car took weeks... they "could not duplicate" the steering wheel issue, which continues today; placed me in a loaner which in of itself was a death trap; no one followed through and verified parts deliveries and then they tried to say that things were my fault with a DVD install of the navigation system went awry. That alone was a disaster as the story developed into a child's game of... "I heard someone say, that they heard, that so-and-so said..." Run away from this location at all cost!!!!

RICHARD S.
01/08/2016 Category: Service
Very Frustrating Service Department
The service department is very poorly run and poorly organized. Phone calls are not returned, staff are rude and not helpful, very long waits for routine service (3 to 4 hours) and an overall lack of concern for the customer. Sitting in the waiting room all you hear is unhappy people.

My car was returned to me in an unsafe condition and it took over a week to resolve the problem.

Even though oil change and tire rotation is free I go elsewhere and pay for the service rather than deal with them.

KH
Kenith H.
2011 Hyundai Accent
12/30/2015 Category: Service
Watch where you place your trust.
I was very disappointed with my experience getting service at Bob Bell. I came in with a very specific issue on my '11 Accent (92k miles): my check engine light was on and it felt like a cylinder was misfiring (my words exactly). I was told at the front desk that it might take a day or two to look at (2 days just to look at my car?), with an attitude suggesting it would be an inconvenience on them to leave my car there. Two and a half hours later, to my then relief, I was called and informed that they were recommending 1) get my timing belt replaced, 2)get a complete tuneup including a replacement of my spark plugs, and 3) replace all of my ignition coils. They estimated a total at around $650. I understand the concept of upselling so I decided to make it clear I was only interested in necessary repairs to, again, fix a very specific issue, and I knew the timing belt was not related to my problem. I asked if I really needed all of my coils replaced, and how much it would cost to just do that work without the tuneup or timing belt. I was told that coils are like "dominos" so if one goes the rest could, and to only get the coils done without the other work would just save me about $80. Beginning to get frustrated, I asked if I could be told specifically which coils were bad, understanding I likely would not be getting the service done at Bob Bell for that price. I was put on hold for a short moment, then came back with a new price, just for the replacement of two coils. The price was in the $500's. I asked again to be told which specific coils were bad. I was put on hold a second time, and then told that, actually, only one coil was bad and it could be replaced with no other work done for $220. One final time, I asked to be told which specific coil was bad, and finally got the simple answer I was looking for, coil #1. I declined all service, paid a $90 diagnostic fee for essentially the work an Autozone employee could've done in 2 minutes for free, circled around to the parts department, bought the coil myself, installed it, and my car is now running without issue.

Again, I understand the concept of upselling, and I know all work includes a labor charge, but at no point in time was I asked if I needed a tuneup (my plugs are less than 10k miles old, I had already replaced them, and I've had 3 coil replacements already done), indicating they were more interested in selling me unneeded work than actually addressing my issue. When I indicated I only wanted essential work done I was still being sold unneeded labor, and when, finally, I made it clear I intended to solve the problem myself they still seemed reluctant to give me the information I needed.

I have taken my car to Bob Bell for warranty repairs three previous times, this is the first time the care fell outside a warranty and I am not happy with the way I was dealt with. I will not be coming back.

2011 Hyundai Elantra
12/02/2015 Category: Service
Appt time is a waste
I had a 2pm appt for an oil change and didn't get my car back till 4 pm. And I was on time

SJ
SARAH J.
11/26/2015 Category: Service
My car still hadn't been fixed.
New car, was told rotors would need to be replaced. Dealership was to call when they came in. Checked a few weeks after, still not in. Now over two months and many car is still not fixed with no communication from them. They also had no record of the online reservation I had made to get my car checked out. Now I am getting a survey for service done on 11/25 when my car wasn't even there.

JOHN M.
Severna Park, MD
10/21/2015 Category: Service
Loooong wait
3 hours, when I was told "11/2 hours, tops" when I checked in. An honest question deserves an honest answer.

Scott H.
2013 HYUNDAI SONATA
10/18/2015 Category: Service
Over a 3 hour wait for an oil change
This was the worst service I have experienced at Bob Bell. It took over 3 hrs for an oil change. The employees are rude and not helpful. I counted 8 cigarette breaks while myself and other sat waiting to be serviced. All lanes were not being used and at one point one of the technicians was standing under a car texting. The managers are rude and not helpful. Too many white shirts walking around doing nothing but taking smoke breaks. When I was told to see a service manager for a recall, I was told by the manager they don't do that work here...it takes too long! This experience makes me want to sell my Hyundai. I tried to give a 0 out of 5 for service, but I am unable to submit this review without giving at least one star...should be 0 stars!

DALE G.

AH
ANTHONY H.
2015 Hyundai Veloster
10/03/2015 Category: Service
length of time for service. cleanliness of car afterwards
I was completely disatisfied with how long it took to replace my sunroof(19days). Especially when my appointment was set up after the parts were received. I users tandem that things take time. The other thing is there was broken glass in the front passenger floor. The service was done in their body shop and my car came back with clear over spray on the side and bumper.

LISA M.
2013 Hyundai Tucson
10/01/2015 Category: Service
They're beyond slow and they never seem to have any loaner vehicles available
I waited 3 hours for an oil change and then an additional 30 minutes after the service was complete to get my paperwork and vehicle

2014 Hyundai Elantra
09/27/2015 Category: Service
on-line appointments not honored, Customer told that on-line service are in error and not honored at dealerships service area. New online program???
Not a helpful or easy service area. Customers needs to know what are. "Fast lane and or full lane services" How to book online? employees could be more helpful!!

Severn, MD
2013 Hyundai Tucson
09/22/2015 Category: Service
Scheduled Oil Change
It took 2.5 hours and no apology. Then to add insult when my car was completed It sat in the garage by the door for 20 minutes (I timed it) waiting on the paperwork! There was only 1 car in the bay area & it was in the air. UGH!!!!

JAMES G.
09/22/2015 Category: Service
Unsatisfied Customers
Recently, our car was serviced at Bob Bell Hyundai. The entire service process took place during both July and August. The process was an ordeal and left us as highly unsatisfied customers.

Back in July, I called the service department and explained that our car, a 2013 Sonata, was performing with a hard shift. We made arrangements to drop off the car with the service team.

During the first visit, my husband and I explained what the specific problem was: the car was shifting hard so the problem was within the transmission. My husband had used the car scanner OBD2 the previous day and a code populated for the transmission temperature sensor A. However, the service team was not interested in what my husband was saying.

With no other options, we left the car with the Bob Bell service team to be fixed.

We later received a call from Darren, stating the problem was with the electric relay for the battery.

My husband tried to explain that the problem was the actual transmission, because the car was shifting hard and asked the service team to please check again. However, the service team was adamant that the problem was the electric relay so we said ok to paying the 300-some dollars to fix it because the needed part was not under warranty. We only agreed to pay the money because we were told that this would definitely fix the hard shift.

Later, we received a call from Darren stating that the problem was fixed and were asked to come pick the car up.

My husband and I went to Bob Bell to pick up our car. We drove home and the very next day, the hard shift returned. Of course we then had to bring the car back again and try to arrange for another loaner car, again.

A few days past and Darren called to say that the problem was now with the transmission computer. Thankfully, this was covered under warranty. However, we did tell Darren, again, that the problem is the actual transmission but we were told that fixing the transmission computer would now fix the problem.

We are now at our third visit to Bob Bell.

My husband and I came to Bob Bell again, to pick up our car. And once again, as soon as we started driving it, in the parking lot, it started to shift hard. If the car was being test driven after a service was performed, the tech would have noticed the hard shift?

We then had to park the car and go into the service department again to explain what was wrong with the car. Darren was not present so we left a message with Chris. We then asked for our loaner car back, only to be told “it was given away to another customer”. Keep in mind that only 10 minutes have passed.

We asked again for another loaner car, since this is our umpteenth time at Bob Bell. We were told that there were no loaner cars to give to us. No one made any effort to assist us in getting some kind of loaner car.

After explaining to Chris that we have been to Bob Bell multiple times for the same problem, we pretty much told him we must have a loaner car. He wasn’t the most helpful person. I asked to talk to a manager and was told that “there were not any managers present”, which I find hard to believe.

After waiting for at least 30 minutes, we were able to take a loaner car from another department.

The only person that was helpful during this whole ordeal was the woman who worked at the Cashier’s office in the Hyundai Service Department.

A few days later, we received a call from Darren stating that the whole transmission would need to be replaced (just as my husband told them in the beginning).

Please note that we are now into the month of August.

We came to get our car and it was finally fixed (this was our fourth visit). This was because the entire transmission was finally replaced, like we said the problem was a month before.

My husband and I had to make multiple visits to Bob Bell throughout July and August. Two months and multiple visits is ridiculous and poor customer service.

The most important part of this ordeal was that if the car was test driven after each service provided then the problem would have been caught the first time. Therefore, I firmly believe that the car was not test driven after each service was performed.

Another important piece was that when we would call the service line at 855-891-5168, it would just ring and ring. Rarely, it is answered. This caused us even more frustration. I also noticed on the online reviews that a lot of other people have complained about the phone not being answered, as well.

Multiple times we were waiting for Darren to call us back with news but it would just not happen and it was also hard to reach him. However, if he needed something from us, he would call us right away.

The reason we decided to purchase our car with Bob Bell in the first place was because of the loaner program. We were told if we ever needed work done to the car we didn’t need to worry since the service team provided a loaner car. Dealing with the hassle of trying to get a loaner car was more than frustrating. Multiple times we were told that “there isn’t a loaner car available at this time”.

We are highly unsatisfied customers and at this time, we would not recommend anyone to Bob Bell.

Veronica Gorman
James Gorman
992 11th St.
Pasadena, MD 21122

2010 HYUNDAI SANTA FE
08/07/2015 Category: Service
Very Disappointed
I had service in April that was done incorrectly and was not resolved until July. This was very disappointing to me, but it is fixed now. This entire ordeal was very frustrating.

GC
GAIL C.
2015 Hyundai Elantra
07/24/2015 Category: Service
the wait
I tried twice this week after work to get an oil change, I arrived around 530pm both days and was told that because there were so many cars ahead of me that I would not be able to get it done. So I made an appointment for 5pm yesterday, 23rd July, and took one hour of unpaid leave from work. I arrived at a little after 430pm and went into the full service lane, I assumed the other lane was for people that did not have an appointment. A man came out to take my information, he told me that I was in the wrong lane and told me to talk to the people inside on the right, which I did. I gave a young lady my information, told her I had an appointment at 5pm. She told me that they would take my car next. I finally got my car back at 641pm. When I checked out I asked why appointments were not made for a Saturday I also told her that I had an appointment that day. She basically told me that it was pointless getting an appointment in Glen Burnie. I work in
Hunt Valley and there is no way to guarntee that I can be there by 530pm, she told me that I can use other dealerships if I tell them I purchased my car in Glen Burnie. My first experience getting my oil changed at a dealership was a huge inconvience.

Gail Cunningham
410 428 9292

JODY G.
2015 Hyundai Veloster
07/08/2015 Category: Service
Not happy all all
First took car in and tell me they cant fix it because don't have the part and won't get for 3-4 days. Then after I'm able to schedule an apt a week later with no air besides max air I take it in at 7am apt was at 8:30, they broke a pc on my car but don't call to tell me this and finally at 4:30 after no calls to make me aware of anything they tell me they can't get the new part until the next morning.Never did they even offer a loaner until I said that I HAD to have a car. They said the computers were down but they knew they broke the part on my car and still never called me. No one seemed to know what was going on and very very rude over the phone when we called! My car had 6K miles on it and shouldn't already have the air and heat go out of it anyway!

Millersville, MD
06/21/2015 Category: Service
Lousy customer service
The way they treat customers and how they communicate is terrible.

RF
Randall F.
2007 HYUNDAI VERACRUZ
02/02/2015 Category: Service
Con artists
Charged me $25 for brake inspection and informed me I needed rotors & pads all around when in fact I needed none of the above ! Good thing I got a second opinion from Midas before I forked over the $ 800.00 !